The Windborn boy ─ Venti x re...

De cloudyrainee

❝I told you we'd meet again, windborn boy, such a bittersweet coincidence to meet you now.❞ summary; Years af... Mai multe

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫
1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
New venti ff
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

5.

1.9K 78 35
De cloudyrainee

——present

social media
+ real life

[ 2nd pov ]

As the sun rose in the morning, you had already found yourself outsmarting the first sun rays peeking through your window. It was a strange concept to stay up early as a night owl, but whenever you were anxious, you came back to the roots of your coping strategy. There was this thought that if you were productive, you could shake off that anxiety.

After two hours, to be exact, you ate your favourite meal at breakfast you hadn't in a while. You deserved that treat, you thought. With all the anxiety  you'd have to face in the future still.

You turned to the bathroom to clean yourself and fetched a formal attire. The cause of that was rather simple: You received some nights ago a well-written email, which had information about the job interview in it.

And that happened to make you stay up this early, to be really prepared—not just chaotic for once. A try of making things perhaps better for once, outsmarting the magnet of problems caused by stress and creating a new fundamental layer of organisation.

You were excited for the chance, but even more nervous. Today was just how the email described that job interview. You were trying to stay optimistic despite the concerns in the back of your mind. After all, it was only the beginning of getting the first "real job" life had in a grip ready for you.

When you stood in the bathroom for a final time before the interview, you closely inspected all the imperfections in the mirror you spotted and noted the way your hair was neatly taken care of. As you adjusted the last button on your blouse, hope stirred up in your chest that you wouldn't look like an utter chaotic disaster.

You had to remind yourself that the way you perceived yourself wasn't the same way others did. It simply would be the first impression, what could go wrong... right?

Surely, the day wasn't going to be that bad. There was a chance that this person was not your old friend, who you happened to be in love with. Which you had openly admitted years ago to yourself at least.

That day, when you glanced in the mirror, you nodded, taking a deep breath followed by a big grin. "Believe in yourself, Y/n. You're great at this stuff, habr confidence.. or something." you exclaimed while sweating strongly already. The attempt at boosting your cinfeident had backfired. Oh boy, what had you gotten yourself into?

Now, the first thing when panicking was to text your amazing best friend Albedo. Taking out your phone from your pocket, you released a sigh of relief when you saw his notification.

< | Chalkboard :D

Chalkboard :D
Are you awake?

bestie y/n
Albedo, I've been
awake since past 5

Chalkboard :D
Using no nickname?

What have you done
to my best friend Y/n 🧐

bestie y/n
I'm not in for jokes
right now.. sorry

I'm just so nervous AHHHH I could scream for real, but that would just y'know? get people's attention on me

Chalkboard :D
I am here to solve your problem :)

bestie y/n
h0e-

Chalkboard :D
Are you really fine today?

bestie y/n
NO SORRY I MEANT HOW I'll cry 😭

IM SO NERVOUS

and yes, I'm as fine as ever, of course. I am totally not filled with anxiety and insecurities that might show and make me ruin this 🫠

Chalkboard :D
Just remember for what it is and that you're very self-confident-, maybe a bit awkward irl but fun to talk with. You're talented, and if it's about talking about photography, books, or music, then you can get passionate and make a conversation interesting.

bestie y/n
you just gave me so many reasons to stuff my ego full rn.

I'm gonna be like
yas queen slay omg 🤪🥰💅

Chalkboard :D
Tell me how it went later

bestie y/n
yes, bestie, I'm gonna be slay-ing 🥰🥰🥰

(I'm joking. I'm going to lose my mind, help me, I'm so scared 😭)

Chalkboard:D
Usually, I'd go now with, is this satire?

but as long as ur feeling more confident in your abilities

bestie y/n
thanks, chalky <3

— ☆ —

As soon as the blonde came into your sight, she waved polite. Something felt off. Perhaps it was paranoia or how it didn't take place in an office with closed walls. That was how you pictured conventional job interviews, but perhaps it was just unconventional.

Maybe that wouldn't be too bad?

You sighed and masked your despair with a smile. Looking at the blonde with the eyes similar to gold like some treasure- Ms. Lumine indeed seemed unique - more than the word "special" could ever describe.

If it would work out, you would have quite the attractive or rather pretty coworker—and judging from first sight, she seemed very easy to get along with as well, it was nice that you wouldn't be the only woman. And maybe it was silly, but her blonde hair and golden eyes did feel warm.

You tried to pull the best out of the situation and continued going straight forward. Not that something in your life went ever straight according to some plan. Just as if everyone and everything agreed to let something happen as soon as you were around. Still, it would be bothering to stumble upon your feet and make a wrong move in front of her.

"So you're Ms. L/n, right?" she approached you with a cool yet friendly nature. Something was adding up in a perfect way. Her blonde streaks only shimmered in that sunlight.

As a matter of fact, you had managed to fall in a loss of words. That indeed did not ease the situation. Recalling what you've been practicing—a confident Y/n, a confident you had to come to the conversation.

You had the words sorted out, "Uh- no yeah of course I am!" you rubbed the back of your neck as you noticed how the awkwardness in that moment only turned worst with the help of you feeling so nervous that you ignored paying attention.

After all you two were sitting in a café. You stood there in front of her in an awkward way — not entirely sure what to do with the situation. Not because you had a very attractive woman in front of you, but because you were just simply not confident, just awkward when it came to two person interactions. She invited you to sit on the chair next to her. There was no holding back. You just did as you were told.

"..I'm highly sorry that you had to meet me here, but my schedule is at the moment so tight that I have to improvise, Ms." she stated in emberrassment that was shown when her eyes were focused entirely on the ground as she said this.

You honestly didn't feel taken back by that statement. She was honest, and you appreciated it. A quick glance at her, had decided your words. "I don't mind, I mean, I'm chaotic myself when it came to education back then. So improvisation was a normal thing." you admitted, sounding pretty confident compared to her in that moment.

While the silence came to your ears. The traffic was filled with cars and buses passing. People in big crowds minded their own business while you had been off in your own thoughts for seconds.

The moment you had realised this could back fire itself you corrected yourself once again: "But this was only in my high school days- I somehow managed not to be the one fault at someone's havoc these days." You chuckled, taking your attention back at the female blonde which had her eyes fixated on you - with some kind of a stare which you couldn't see through. It was a kind of a bothering interaction that was since you would only rethink through your steps now if you did something wrong.

After all, you were still that insecure anxious teenager pretending to be self-confident and the opposite of every insult you could list for yourself.

"I'd like to ask a few questions." Lumine began. As she went on with them, you tried answering as honestly you could. At the point at which you two came to an end, you felt your body losing the tension it had built up after a while.

You stood up from the seat and let her pay - you actually requested to pay, but Lumine insisted on paying.

'Such a nice woman,' you thought as you smiled at her.

You said goodbye to her and she gave you a smile. This went way too smoothly for your expectations. Why did you expect something horrible? Cause after all the future would probably do something about that even if you'd be an employee there.

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE; Just wait.. all of you are not aware of what is gonna happen <3

editing aftermath; I'm so sorry if the chat messages are messy, wattpad won't let me use the correct form

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

34.1K 1.2K 15
A very angsty to fluff xiaoven. Please enjoy! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ (many grammar mistakes 😅 I wrote these chapters at 2 am) 4th in #xiaoven [31 July, 2021] 3rd...
100K 4.6K 71
Being sick has no advantages. It's awfully long days in a hospital bed. Your only escape is Genshin Impact... So when your time is finally up, should...
114K 3K 36
gorou x fem!reader As the younger sister of Kokomi, you live on Narukami Island and you decide to take a stroll around town after the vision hunt dec...
51.9K 1.7K 25
with love, a new and popular rookie co-ed group. everything seems to be going right for this group- many fans all over teyvat, interviews left and ri...