Raising Bella

By VampireGirl104

Bella is 4 and alone. Who will save her from the nightmare that is her life after her parents are killed by t... More

Raising Bella
Welcome Home
Family Bonding
Our Meadow
Going to School
First Day
Park?
Fevers and Lullabies
Romeo And Juliet
Attacks
Rehab
Indecisive
Seasonal Changes
Support
Paranoia
Different
Friends
Save Today

Bonded

639 15 1
By VampireGirl104

Chapter 6**

"Mommy!" Bella screamed running in the house.

Esme immediately opened her arms to the child running toward her.

"And how was my big girls first day of school?" She asked Bella.

"It was great mommy! Everybody was so nice! And I made friends!" She said, her face lighting up.

I watched from the front door. She looked so cute, the way her eyes lit up and she smiled.

"Is that so?" Esme asked smiling down at her baby.

"Uh-huh. My first friends name is Max she really nice. She's got brown hair and brown eyes. She's really pretty." Bella stated.

"She looks just like you then my little cutie." Esme said kissing her head.

"Yeah but mommy she's pretty." Bella said.

"Isabella. You are beautiful little girl and that is never going to change." I said walking closer,I stood about two feet away, trying not to ruin there time together.

Bella turned her head to look at me with her brown eyes and smiled. "Thank you." She blushed.

"He's 100% correct Bella. You are beautiful." Esme said.

Bella blushed more. "Okay, okay." She hid her face in Esme's hair.

We both laughed quietly.

Bella looked back at Esme.

"But I met Max and She introduced me to her best friend Fang." She told Esme.

"Well that's nice. I'm glad you made some new friends Bella. I'm going to work on my garden now sweety, If you want to join me I'll be out back."

"Okay momma." Esme kissed Bella's head and set her down on the floor.

"Bella!" Alice called down stairs.

We all looked to see her come running down to Bella.

"I want to hear all about your first day at school!" She then grabbed Bella and whisked her away.

"Alice!" She yelped.

I allowed Alice to take her up with her. She wanted some girl time with her. She managed to get out of hearing range of all of us by taking her into the forest by jumping out of a second floor window with Bella in her arms. 

But I listen to Alice's mind to hear the conversation.

'So!' Alice started. 'I want to hear all about it!'

'Well like I said before, I met my friend Max who has brown hair like mine only its shorter. Not as short as yours though. And she introduced me to her brothers Fang and Iggy. Fang is taller than me and he's got short black hair. Iggy has spiky red hair. I feel bad because he's blind.' She said.

'That's awesome! Not the being blind, I feel bad about that too that's got to make life for him so hard. But I mean I'm so glad that you made friends!' Alice squealed.

'I know me too. I was so nervous.' She smiled.

'So... Where there any cute boys' Alice asked.

And emotion shot through me as Bella's cheeks flamed and she looked embarrassed.

I didn't recognize it. I'd never felt it before.

I watched Bella nod slightly though Alice's eyes.

'There was one... His name is Sky. He has the brightest blue eyes and black hair. He's taller than me, then again everyone seems to be taller than me. And he showed me around the class room. He sat next to me at lunch and played with me at recess with Max and Fang. Iggy had to stay inside for most of the day and had to be in different classes. So we didn't see him much.' She said.

Again anger shot through me and this new emotion. What was wrong with me?

'So it sounds like you really like this boy Bella.' Alice said.

I was so frustrated.

Then I realized what I'd been feeling hearing Bella describe this boy.

I was jealous.

Why on EARTH was I jealous?!?

'I... Uh... Yeah, I mean he's really cute and nice...' She said.

'...But?' Alice urged.

'I like someone else too.' She sighed. Then she looked really sad.

'Who is  it?' Alice asked.

'I can't tell you. But I know he'll never see me the way I see him.' She explained.

'Oh Bella.' Alice picked her up and sat her on her lap.

'Any guy would be absolutely stupid not to want you.' She told her.

He would be stupid.

Very Stupid.

'I don't know about that.' She whispered.

'Why can't you tell me who it is?' She wondered.

'I just can't... I'm sorry, Alice.' She looked up at her with sad eyes.

'Aw don't be sad Bella. I was only curious. If you don't want to tell me than you don't have to.' She said.

'Now lets get you home.' She suggested. Bella nodded.

I think I have enough information for now. Alice thought to herself. 

Alice ran Bella back to the house and to Alice's room.

"I'm going to go find, Edward." She said before walking out of Alice's room and walking down stairs to the family room where I was sitting.

"Hi." She said walking over and sitting next to me.

"Hello." I said back. Then I pulled her into the circle of my arms.

She then yawned.

"Are you tired already little lovely? You just got home."

She gave a little shrug before yawning again and looking up at me.

Then she snuggled into my chest and closed her eyes.

I smiled down at her and ran upstairs. I gentally set her down in her bed and sit in the corner where her rocking chair sat, just thinking.

The man that had picked up Bella's new 'friends' was strange looking.

He'd looked nothing like the children.

He was also wearing a spotless white lab coat.

That little girl, Max. She looked alot like Bella. Of course it wasn't hard to tell the difference. They had different faces obviously, but Max was a little taller and she had lighter streaks of gloden brown in her hair.

Were as Bella's hair was just a deep dark chocolate color that seemed to be the only feature that Bella liked about her self.

Then there was that little boy. Fang.

Gee cause that name really screamed 'nice guy'.

That boy was about the same size as Max and had black hair and eyes.

Something just seemed so off about these kids.

Then again who was I to speak.

I'm one of 5 teenage vampires who goes to school trying to act human.

Yeah I had no room to think about 'not normal'.

Yeah I probably shouldn't judge.

It was strange though.

And hadn't Bella said that Fang was Max's best friend?

Why would they have gone home together if they were just friends, not siblings, or relatives?

Maybe I was reading too much into things.

There could be perfectly logical explanation to all of this.

I was just making something out of nothing.

Alice walked into the room quietly and smiled at me.

'She always seems to sleep sounder when your in the room' She thought to me.

I shrugged.

'And your always happier when she's in your sight.'

"I need her and she needs me. That's what brothers and sister do right?" I whispered knowing Alice could hear me.

'No It's more than that. I can see it.' She mused. I was abruptly pulled into one of her visions.

It was a long time from now. Bella was about 16. She was beautiful. But the vision is what was amazing.

It was Bella walking to me and I pulled her into my arms.

"You are so beautiful." I say as I pull her chin up to look into her eyes.

Our heads come closer until our lips brush. And then I run my fingers through her hair and our lips lock.

She puts her hands in my hair. I watch myself pull back.

"Were meant to be together" She whispers.

"We are." I say.

Then the vision is over.

Alice stares at me in shock.

'Edward Oh my god. She's your mate.'

I smiled at Alice. "I always knew there was something special about her."

'Oh Edward. You found your mate... And it's going to be Bella! Maybe that's who she...'

The thought was abruptly cut off and Alice thought about how happy we would be together.

As happy as I was that I would be with Bella someday I couldn't think about that now.

Not for a long time.

"Calm down Alice, Bella is just a Baby. I can't think about her like that." I said feeling like a sick freak to have even thought those things about a 6 year old.

'And you don't right now. You see nothing more as a beautiful little girl who loves the world she's in. She loves you. And right now being her protector is what she needs you to be. I was going to say 'big brother' but that won't do. She's sees you as more than that. But she doesn't know what it is yet. She will someday though.' Alice summed up for me.

"Thanks Alice. It's good to know that the future looks bright."

'Your welcome. I'm glad you have a mate now though.'

"Will have a mate. Not until later Alice. Hell, I need the time to figure this out too. Maybe waiting until she's older will not be so bad. We can learn together." I smiled at Bella's sleeping form.

'You know what I mean. And you don't have to wait to see the effects. I know you can feel it. I know she can too. You two are bound as mates. The glory of being a vampire. But don't doubt it later. Her love will be just as strong as yours. She will feel the bond of mates.'

"How? She's not supernatural?" I asked.

'Love that strong doesn't need to supernatural beings to be an eternal bond.'

"Wow." I was shocked. "It's alot to take in."

'You've got plenty of time to think it through.'

"Thanks Alice."

'Happy to play match maker.' She smiled. 'But that's all your getting.'

"What do you mean?"

'I mean I have interveined enough. How the story goes from here is completely your decision.'

Fair enough. "Fine. I'll handle it."

'Love you!' Her laugh sounded quietly as she left the room.

I went back to watching Bella.

I would sit on this brake-through. I would wait until it's able to change anything and then tell her about it someday.

Until then I would wait.

Bella rolled over and let out a small whimper.

I froze anxious.

"Bella?" I whispered.

A small sob escaped her lips.

"Bella!" I whispered loudly trying not to be too loud but trying to get her to wake up.

The result was only that Bella rolled back over and let out another soft cry.

I dashed to her side in panic. Do I wake her?

She rolled over again but this time when her beautiful face showed again, it shimmered with tears.

The tears of pain on her face caused me to lift her from the bed swiftly and hold her close into the circle of my arms.

I gently stroked her hair and she stirred a little in my arms. Tears still rushed out of her eyes as her eye lids fluttered and then she focused on me.

"Edward?" She sobbed quietly.

"Shhhh. It's okay. It was just a dream. Your completely safe." I said softly to her.

She buried her face in my chest and continued to sob deeply, each one so powerful I feared she would shatter with the force.

"Oh little love." I held her close to were my heart should be beating.

She immediately began to calm, listening to the sound of my breathing.

After a minute of silence she looked up at me. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Why on earth are you sorry?" I asked.

She sniffed and hugged herself closer to me by wrapping her little arms around my neck.

"I don't know I just keep having that same dream! And I hate that when I feel bad you feel bad too." She said looking up at me.

"I feel bad when you do because I love you Bella. And it's because I love you that I want to protect you from all that could harm you. Including bad dreams." I said.

She leaned forward and kissed my cheek. "I love you too my Edward."

My heart swelled with my love for this one fragile human girl who meant more to me than anything I could have ever imagined.

She then rested her head on my shoulder and relaxed.

"What was your dream about, little love?" I asked.

She flinched. I instantly regreted asking her. I hated her pain. I wish I could take it all from her. Only leave her with happiness.

"It was about... him. That one who said he'd be back." She whispered scared.

I looked fiercely into her eyes. "I will never let him hurt you."

"I know you won't." She said trustfully.

I walked back over to her bed. I layed her down and tucked the quilt around her.

She looked up at me with big brown eyes. "Please don't leave me." She whispered brokenly. "Every time I go to sleep... I'm afraid that your going to disappear... And I need you. Your the one that's always picking me up when I fall and waking me from nightmares when I cry in my sleep... You just seem to good to be true." She struggled to find the right words.

"Never. Isabella I will not leave your side unless you order me to leave. You are the most important thing to me now. You are my life." I said each word knowing that with all my heart they were the truth.

"Now you go to sleep and I will be here when you wake up." I said kissing her head.

"Promise?" She whispered.

"Promise." I smiled.

She rolled on her side to watch me walk back to the rocker in the corner.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too."

She then closed her eyes and her breathing slowed into a peaceful rhythm.

It felt like only minutes before the sun rose in the sky.

Bella did not talk in her sleep as she usually did every night.

Probably because of her nightmare...

She was continually tortured by these memories of that evil monster.

But I knew the truth. I would die before I let anyone touch a single hair on my Bella's head.

I protect Bella. I will always protect Bella.

And I was her's just as she had called me 'My Edward',

I belonged to her now. Maybe Bella did feel it.

Was Alice right? Could Bella feel the bond we shared?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 6K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1M 45.6K 91
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
282K 9.6K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
292K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc