Different

*Edward*

"That's why Bella has been acting so out of character?"

I nodded to Carlisle as I had just explained what's been happening the whole week.

"The poor girl has been so paranoid for our safety that she's been letting her life fall apart." He sighed. "No one should have to live like that."

"What can we do to stop it? Alice seemed on edge nearly as bad this week, snapping at everyone that looked at her funny." I said.

"The reason that Alice has been acting out of character is because there's been a minor problem." He said.

"Problem with what?"

He sighed and gave me a hard look, his thoughts clear for me to read.

I gaped at him when I heard his memory with Alice.

"Alice have you seen anything with, Bella?" Carlisle asked.

"No." She clipped. 

This struck Carlisle as suspicious.

"Alice?" He'd asked.

"I'm sorry, Carlisle. Something I saw... it's been bothering me..." She'd said shifting from foot to foot.

Just as she had done when she'd spoken with me.

"What did you see Alice? What's wrong?" He'd asked seriously.

"I saw Edward... but he was kneeling before... Aro." She'd whispered.

"Aro? You mean Aro of the Voltori?" He'd asked very surprised.

"Yes." She'd said.

"What does that mean, Alice?" 

"I... I don't know." 

"What does this mean, Carlisle?" I asked. Coming back to the present moment in time.

"We have no clue, Edward. The only thing this could mean is that you've made some sort of decision to go to Italy." He said.

"No. I haven't made any rash decisions. The only thing I have been focused on is Bella."  I said.

"Okay, then we can focus on that later. Right now we need to decide what we're going to do about James." 

"I think we should let him come. Then when he does, we end him." I said, my voice void of any emotion.

James was a monster that needed to be stopped.

"I think we need to have a family meeting. Now. Because as of right now the only one's that know of Bella's situation are you, Alice and I. We need to let the others kno that she's okay." He said.

"I agree." 

"Go and get Bella. I know she's asleep, but even if she doesn't want to tell the family herself, I want her to be there. She needs to know that we're going to be there for her no matter what." He said with a look of protectiveness in his eye. I knew then how upset he'd been when Bella was acting withdrawn.

I nodded and left his office to rush to Bella's room.

I opened the door and found her sitting on the edge of her bed with her head in her hands.

"Bella?" I asked.

She jumped and yanked her hands to her lap.

"Edward! You startled me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I was coming to wake you but it seems I didn't need to." I smiled a little at her.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep."