Xiaoven Royal Au

By CassandraMaeMadrid

The king has been very sick.. Soon, Xiao would take over the throne as the new king. He needs to learn how to... More

1
2
3
4
5
yall
6
yall 2.0
7
8
9
10
11
12
shocked
😞😞
13
14
15
16
17
!!
18
19
20
21
lololol
22
23
xiao
24
Windtrace
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Epilogue
Author's note

37

2.7K 78 662
By CassandraMaeMadrid

Keep this ring with you and know that I'll always be with you.” he placed the ring on my palm while I was grieving over our situation. “You can't leave me now...” you can't leave me when I am already used to your presence. Something would be missing in my life if you were not around.

“I'm sorry, my love. My body isn't that strong to keep up.” why did he hide this from me? Four years of being together... He never told me he was sick.

Why now?

Why do you have to leave when I need you the most? When... I need strength to keep fighting?

Why do you have to leave when I've finally learned how to love you?

-

I breathed heavily before blowing on the tip of my flute.

I am not aware of the sound I was making, my tune was only going along with the flow of my tears.

I received an invitation last night from Liyue, and without needing to open it, I already knew what it is. How cruel can this world be? How could they have the nerve to invite me to the wedding of the person I love..?

I didn't bother opening it. I threw it away, it will only make my scars bleed.

Today marks the day of their wedding, and today is also the day that I'm ready to let go of him and all our memories together. I had always hoped we could be more than just memories, this past six years... I have always wanted to be more than just the past.

But he's the one who said it.

I would be selfish if I do not accept the truth that he can't be mine anymore. This will be the last time I'll cry for him, for us. This is the last tune of sadness you will ever hear from me, because I will never let myself get heartbroken anymore... Xiao was enough for me. My heart has been shattered enough to even be broken again.

At these times, the ceremony is probably finished already. I am happy for you, Xiao.

I closed my eyes and let the last tears drop from my eyes, the wave from the sound of my flute slowly fading with the wind.

“You said you'll never leave...” I whispered with my eyes closed because this is the only thing I can hold onto... His promises back then. I was the first to hurt him, so why... Why am I crying right now?

I was on the top of our roof when I saw lots of our residents panicking, I do not know what's happening but it's not like I care.

I was just staring at the sky with my flute beside me when... Diluc... Called me.

“Venti! Come with me!” I was confused at first, did he forget about what he did? How can he casually tell me to come with him after kissing me that night? I don't want to leave our house... But his face has a desperate look on it. He has goals right now, I know it, he's my... Friend.

So I slowly made my way back down, holding the flute with my hands. People of Mondstadt were running everywhere, what even was happening?

“What do you want?” I said with no hint of interest in talking to him... I saw how his face turns soft for a bit, and I felt my heart ache. Is this really where the both of us end as best friends?

“I know we are not on the best terms... But please, trust me, just for the last time.” he didn't even let me respond by grabbing my wrist before pulling me towards the crowd of people! It was so hard to run with him, I kept bumping into others, I am sure that after this I'll get many bruises.

This gets me worried because Mondstadt isn't like this unless they're in deep stress... But where's the stress coming from? I don't even know. I was clueless.

Diluc dragged me outside of Mondstadt's walls and then I realize why...

Millelith and Liyuens were everywhere around our nation. They were killing everything that gets in their way just like what prince Aether was doing. I wanted to fight them, my home was getting destroyed by these nasty people, they were killing innocent residents... Why are they doing this to us? Is it not enough yet?

I didn't notice that we were already at Windrise because all I could focus on was all the dead bodies of the people that reside here. I wanted to fight... But Diluc was stopping me from doing so.

“Venti!”

I saw someone running towards me, and I felt Diluc's grip loosening. I stared at him to see what face he was making... He had a gentle and kind smile. I had never seen him smile.

“I am always on your side, Venti,” he says before I got dragged by... Xiao. This... Was he going to stay here? I can't leave him here... I can't leave my family here! Amber... I can't leave them all here!

I forcefully released my hands from Xiao's grip before running towards Diluc again. “Venti, it's too dangerous there!”

I don't care.

Fuck, I don't fucking care!

It's all you guys' fault... Because of you pesky Liyuens!

Diluc was holding his claymore as he aims to run towards our city again to protect people. Where are the Knights of Favonious who promised to fight for us?! Where are the royal family who swore to protect us from harm?! Where are they all... Why are people dying?

“Please, Venti! Just come with me!” I felt him holding my hand again, stopping me from running further.

I grit my teeth before punching him with my other hand. “What the fuck do you mean come with you, Xiao?! My friends are dying there, because of you Liyuens! I hate Liyuens, all of you! You guys are disgusting!”

He lets go of me so I started to run, but when I looked back... I saw him staring at the ground, on his knees. I don't want to... I can't run back... I can't hug him and tell him that everything's alright, because even I do not know if everything will be alright at this point.

But it still pains me to see him like that, he was hopeless.

It breaks my heart... But Mondstadt... I can't leave Mondstadt. I have to fight them...

“Can you choose me... Just for once?”

I heard him talk, voice shaking a bit. “Will you focus on me, just for now..?” he looked up... And god, I hope he didn't have to do that. His lips were quivering, and his eyes were half-lidded. I don't want to see him like this... But my eyes remains on him, as if it was glued to him and him only.

“I always choose you.” I have always... Even back then. I chose to stay with you instead of escaping to go back to my family because I realized how lonely you were, I realized how naive you are in this cruel world.

I chose to fall in love with you instead of trying to think of a way to go to my family so I could take care of my sick mother again.

I chose to stay with you until I couldn't anymore... I couldn't stay because I chose your safety.

I always choose you first before me, won't you give me the chance to choose others too?

“Let me be selfish for once... Come with me, please. We've been longing for so long. All the things that are happening aren't our fault, none of this is our responsibility. I am not a Liyuen, and you are not a Mondstadian. Let's be free, for once.”

I was on the verge of running back to him, to his arms, to my home. But I also have another home that's being destroyed...

I can't choose.

I don't know what to do. Please... Someone. Come to me and help me decide... Help Mondstadt. Help the innocent people getting involved by this.

I wish I could go back to the time when I don't have to choose. I wish I never met Xiao... Because now I can feel my feet dragging me back to him. I already knew that I was letting my hometown get destroyed. I am so ashamed of myself...

“It's okay, my love. We've suffered so much already... It's time to stop carrying everything on our backs.” Xiao played with my hair as I cried on his shoulder, this feeling... I miss this. This warmth, I've finally felt it again.

After six years of darkness... I finally saw my sunlight.

“I love you.”

“We got to go, they're getting closer to us. I am their goal, and I will never let them get near me.” he dragged me up with him before running. With our hands grasped together, we were running away from the world, and from the painful past we have always lived in.

I tried not to care, I try not to feel bad. He's right, it's not our fault. We just wanted to love.

I couldn't stop worrying about my mother and my brother... But Xiao keeps reassuring me that Diluc was protecting them because they somehow made a deal before Diluc even dragged me to meet Xiao.

I really hope they're all okay, I hope they stop invading our nation too.

“What about your wedding with your princess? Where is she?” he did not answer me so I stopped running so he would too. “Answer me.”

“We both agreed to run away from the wedding, we parted ways. I don't know her plans, or her intentions... But she's on our side.”

“Did you guys kiss?” I am only embarrassing myself... There's something way more important than asking stupid questions. We could be running right now so we could keep our distance more, but here I am, asking him if he kissed another woman even if he was allowed to kiss anyone because we were not in a relationship at those times.

I had the nerve to punch him again when I saw him smirking, “No, we did not, you don't have to worry about anything.”

I rolled my eyes before running again. I was so embarrassed to even hold his hand anymore. I was genuinely mad because he was still wearing his wedding attire and ring! It seems that they really escaped... Huh.

I wonder where Hu tao is right now? This world is small... I hope to see her.

“Pst.” I heard... But I ignored it. It's probably just my imagination. “psst.” fuck, did someone follow us?

I looked around and saw no one, I don't think Xiao was even aware of it. I suddenly stopped on my tracks when I saw a sunsettia coming my way, who the hell are throwing these?! “Over here, idiot.” I looked up on one of the trees and there I saw the familiar blonde male smirking at me. The only thing missing was a banana and he'll probably be a monkey already. “Aether?!”

Xiao screamed beside me. Fuck, that hurts my ears. I did say I wanted to hear him screaming but not this type of scream!

“Nice. You both finally reconciled.”

“Aether, you look like a fool up there.” Xiao teased, “Asshole.” Aether aimed his slipper at Xiao, but he knew he cannot throw it because he'll have no footwear after. “You're married now?” Xiao asked, staring at the ring on Aether's necklace.

He went silent after that... Did Xiao's question bother him? “Let's not talk about me, that topic is about you and Venti.”

“You're hiding something.”

“Because it is something that's not worth talking about anymore.”

Xiao just shrugged before Aether jumped down to us. “What are your plans now?” I don't know what to answer... It's not like we have a plan except for running. My eyes were glued to the ring on his necklace... It bothers me so much. He's definitely hiding something. Aether was special for me not only because he was Xiao's cousin, but because he became a friend of mine too.

He used to give me advice when I fell in love with Xiao. Aether was an important person to me and I can tell that deep down he was keeping something so valuable. It's not just a ring. It's something he can never afford to lose.

I will just respect his privacy and not ask any further, like he said, it's something not worth talking about. “I don't know... As long as Venti's safe, I am okay.”

“Must be nice...”

“Why not try loving again?” Aether was silent, he was just staring at Xiao with obvious pain in his eyes. I tapped Xiao's shoulder, hoping he would get the hint, thankfully he did and stopped asking about things like those.

“My lover died about two years ago.” he smiled at us, before starting to walk. He died? Kazuha..? I remember his name, he was one of my childhood friends. We weren't too close and yet it pains me to know he was gone... Wasn't he Aether's lover? I don't know anything about Aether's life at all... Ah, I've only realized that now. He knows a lot about my story but I don't know anything about his, I feel like a bad friend.

“That's why I don't want to try loving again... It always has a tragic end, for me.”

Right... I remember his first heartbreak from king Albedo. It must hurt for him because the world forbids him and Albedo, and now the world was stopping him again from loving another. Two tries, two heartbreaks.

I felt so bad that I wanted to hug him and tell him that it was okay.

I heard him gasp when I hugged him from behind, I just know he needed it. Faked his death in order to protect his lover... And now, still suffering over the death of someone he also loves. He gave himself a chance to love again, and it still ended this way... Fuck, I hated this world. I hated this world so fucking much. ?

I heard a cough from behind and saw Xiao glaring at us, when he saw me staring at him— he raised a brow, questioning my whole life.

"I should leave you both now, I don't want to bother you guys anymore. Good luck, please win this war.” he didn't look back at us anymore, he just kept walking.

He was used to the pain the castle gives him.

All of this could've been prevented... If it weren't for her rules. He wouldn't have to fake his death for Albedo... Kazuha would get proper medical treatment... If only it weren't for her! Innocent people are dying because of her! Is she out of her mind?! Does she not know that this would cause a huge conflict between the two nations? I don't want it to go that far... But I also want justice for the people of my home who had their families waiting for them in their home, but will never be able to have their last walk on their way to home anymore... Because they had already been slain by the hands of people who were never given the right to harm.

"You're pacing out. C'mon, we have to go.” Xiao tugged my hand, so I just gave him a small smile before holding his.

After running for hours and hours, it was finally nighttime.

We found a secluded area where we could rest, but Xiao offered to keep guard so that I could sleep peacefully... We also lit up a fire with woods we saw earlier to keep us warm.

I couldn't sleep, I can't stop thinking about Mondstadt.

How are they in there? Is my brother okay? What about my mother? And... Amber? I hope she's safe inside her home.

I but my nails in the hopes that it would stop me from shaking. I wonder how many dead bodies are on the ground of our city... I didn't even want to think about it anymore, it scared me.

“You are overthinking again, come, lay on me.” he tapped his leg so I rest my head on it and tried sleeping, but no matter how much I close my eyes forcefully... I still couldn't stop thinking about the traumatizing scenery of blood everywhere around the city of Freedom.

My mind was interrupted when I felt a hand stroking my hair, “Sleep, love.”

I closed my eyes gently, and just by feeling his soft hands on my head, was already enough to drift me off to my sweet dreams.

I woke up with him sleeping too, I chuckled at his face. He said he'll guard us for the whole night but look at him... Sleeping. I am glad we weren't disturbed by hilichurls last night.

I didn't want to leave him here but I also wanted to pick us up some sunsettias or apples if I would be lucky to find some. I knew he was safe here so I left for a while to grab us food. God, we were so exhausted from running— I know I can't let him not eat him anything.

When I came back, Xiao was already awake and was trying to find me anywhere. “I'm here, Xiao.” I waved my hands at him, when I saw his eyes... My heart melted. There was a mix of worry and anger in there.

“I thought something bad happened to you!”

“I just got us some food.” he held me by my waist and buried his face on my neck, snuggling me so close to him. “Sorry... I didn't realize I slept too.”

I don't really mind. This place was too secluded to even be found by Liyuens... And it's safe for the both of us to stay in. “It's alright.”

I kissed him for reassurance. There's no reason for me to get mad at him, he was my only companion, he was the only one I have. Until now I couldn't believe that I still chose him... After so many heartbreaks because of him... I will still come home to you.

The deal was also one of the reasons why I felt much relieved about what was happening in Mondstadt. Diluc and Xiao made a deal that Diluc Ragnvindr will protect Mondstadt with his life while Xiao Alatus would protect me will all of his.

I just knew they were serious about this... Though I don't need anyone to protect me. I am strong on my own, no one should ever underestimate my strength...

But my biggest mistake was when I triggered their trap.

“m-mister? Please don't hurt me! I just want to see my daddy...” I let go of Xiao to look around, and I saw... An innocent kid.

When I saw her, I already knew I had to protect her with all my life. I know she was from Mondstadt just because she was wearing a Mondstadian's attire. She had many bruises with her... And it breaks my heart. Such a kid getting involved in a war that started with a stupid conflict about love?

“I won't hurt you, come—” I was about to touch her cheeks when I felt Xiao holding the collar of my shirt from behind, stopping me from getting any closer. “This is a war, Venti. We trust no one but each other.”

No, fuck you.

I slapped his wrist away from me and went to hug the child.

“You're safe with me... Let's get you home.”

“Venti you can't—”

“And why could I not?! Xiao, this is a little girl... A child! You can't stop me from trying to save this innocent kid from a war that started because of us, I can't let another life get crushed, I can't let another one of you Liyuen murder the people of Mondstadt.”

“Venti, Liyuens are not easy to fool... We cannot just run away from them. I know their techniques and way to achieve their goals, and this... I don't have a good feeling about saving this child...”

“Xiao that's a child! An innocent child!” how could he ever think that way? How could he ever accuse a child of the things only heartless people would do? Don't he also have a daughter? He should know... It hurts my heart to know that there are probably more kids that have been slain and this is only one kid who survived, but I know I have to risk my life to keep her safe. I ran away from Mondstadt, why would I run away from this kid too?

I'm tired of running away.

“Do you remember where your home is?” she nodded before pointing in a certain direction. I sighed in relief because it's not inside Mondstadt's city wall, because if it is... I do not think I could take her home anymore.

I can still see Mondstadt from where I was standing.

I saw some huge explosions and I just knew who exactly that is.

I chuckled, our princess. She'll get in so much trouble for using her bombs inside city walls...

At least the royal family was finally doing something to protect people, and hopefully... They protected my family too.

I held her hand before following her to her home.

Before I even knew it, this had already been the biggest mistake I've ever done in my life.

Xiao didn't follow us, of course, he was still holding a grudge against this kid, and I am mad at him too. Although I said earlier that there's no point in getting mad at him. Now there is!

I'll take this kid home and I'll come back to him. Easy as that.

Her house is a bit... Too far, does she have to walk that far every day? I felt bad.

But when we kept walking... I didn't see any houses at all. Are we still far? Because this place is almost at the end of the borders of Mondstadt... Maybe she lives in the corner?

We stopped walking when we saw a group of millelith just standing there with their spears... As if... As if they've been waiting. They weren't even surprised at all.

I dragged the kid behind me. Fuck, I don't have anything... I only have a child. How am I gonna protect myself with a kid? Should I use her as a sword? No, what am I thinking?

I looked back when I felt her trying to remove my grip on her.

“No, it's too dangerous—”

One of the millelith held her shoulder to drag her away from me... I saw her sly smirk... Her eyes were so sharp, It could almost pierce through my soul. I wanted to help her, I know she got hurt when she got dragged aggressively by that damn millelith. I don't understand why she was still smirking.

“Here, hold my hand.” I gave her my hand so she could hold it and I could drag her with me, but she only stared at it before laughing. “Adults are stupid,” she says before spitting on my palm.

My eyes widened at the realization that... I was betrayed.

They set me up... And this will be the end of me if I—

“Venti!” Xiao. Why is he here? Please leave already, Xiao. Don't save me anymore. I brought this to myself, It is my fault... Don't risk your life for my stupidness... Fuck, I was trembling. I didn't know what to do. I was surrounded by armed millelith without anything in my hands. How am I going to survive this, is this my end?

My feet were glued on the ground as I stare at Xiao running towards me, to danger.

He shouldn't do this. This is my fault, please just go runaway already.

“At last, the prince!” one of the millelith shouted which made the others shout too as they raised their spear on the air, celebrating.

I could use my vision... If— if only I have it right now. Shit, why did I leave it behind?

Xiao wasn't armed too, I don't know how we could win this... We should've known better and prepared ourselves for this.

Suddenly, one of them held my arms, and then another... Holding my other arm. I was trapped here, with a spear pointed right through my neck. I knew for a fact that this spear could be the death of me if I don't do anything... No one was holding my legs so... I could try, right?

“Hand over yourself to us and your lovely apple pie can live.” they even mocked us... How could they ever mock people who only wanted to be free to love each other..? How could they... Do things like killing just because of two individuals who wanted to be together? Is it that much of a big deal?

“Straightforward are we, eh?” Xiao answers, “Let me be straightforward too... I'm not scared of you.”

He grits his teeth as he buries the sharp end of his spear deeper on my neck, but thankfully... It was still not enough to kill me. “I've always hated you! You're just a lazy prince, you don't deserve the crown! Princess Beidou is the one who should be crowned years ago!”

I won't deny that he was right about princess Beidou... She really deserves to be a queen, but she sacrificed it for princess Ningguang— but Xiao? Xiao is just a lazy prince? Does he even know Xiao to say those... Absurd things to him? Xiao had always yearned to be the greatest... The strongest. And he slowly made his way through it, and it makes me mad how people like them can effortlessly say he was nothing but garbage when all they do is stand in their little spaces and 'guard' the area. They did nothing, they don't pay for Xiao's daily necessities, they don't have the right to... Criticize him.

They never protected people. They never fought dangerous creatures that lurk around the castle. They never had heavy responsibilities as Xiao did. At the moment, they're the ones they call 'lazy.'

“No one is lazy here but you and yourself. You're the one who doesn't deserve to be a protector of Liyue! All you did was stand in your position and act like you're so high just because you're holding your weapon, but deep inside you... You are just another weak person. Xiao was ready to go against your queen, but you? Can you ever disobey any of her orders? Can you ever decide for yourself? Can you ever stop being a puppet of her?” I smirked even if I could feel his spear piercing through me, it hurts, of course.

“Let's see who's weak right now...” he deepened his spear on my neck. Fuck, I felt like dying. It burns so much, it hurts. “Let go of him!” I felt Xiao's eye at us, but he couldn't do anything but to watch because he also didn't have anything...

“It's so easy, come with us, and he'll be free.”

“fuck off.”

And right after that... I saw the afterlife glitching inside my little head as he slashes my neck... Just like how I and Aether did when we were on our way to Xiao that day...

It felt so cold... So cold. Everything's so cold. My whole body is cold... I want a blanket... Mom.

“I want her to be my queen.”

-

"You're such a good son... But stealing is never the way, okay? I will immediately send some Guards and Pharmacist to your house to take care of your mom and brother."

"Wait- No, you don't have to. I can do it by myself, I swear."

"As your future husband, I need to be responsible and not only take care of you but also your family."

-

"Woaahh, what place is this?"

"This is the garden, I am deeply sorry that I brought you here in the daylight, it is much more beautiful in the night..."

"What are you talking about?! It is already stunning even when it's daytime!!"

"I brought you here because I read it somewhere that memorizing something in such, dark, and commonplace is real torture. That's why I thought maybe it'll be less difficult if you are in a fresh place."

"Thank you so much, Xiao! I will try to memorize now."

-

"You know Xiao, this is your fault!" He shouted, "What? Did I told you to follow me while I was on my mission?"

"No, but I wanted to see you, that's why it's your fault."

-

Venti smiled – started to move freely like the wind, though water is still falling. Xiao followed his movements and closed his eyes. Finally letting his self free from the anger.

Venti spins, but their hands still intertwined. Humming a pleasing sound.

The prince opened his eyes – there he saw Venti's closed eyes, mouth are close as he hums music. He could not understand how he's still... Beautiful despite being soaked by the rain. "You're so.." He lets go of his waist to cup his face. The other opens his eyes and looked at Xiao.

Before he finishes his words, he looked away. Covering his face using his arms. "Ugly. You're so ugly."

"Is that so? How sad, though I'm honored to get called ugly by the prince."

-

"Eh? They really told you that you were meant for me?"

"Yeah! That one time we had breakfast and you were out" Xiao forces his mouth to not smile but immediately smiled anyway, covering it with his hand – not caring about what Venti just said.

"Is that really what you all understand?! Ugh, I'm leaving!"

"Me and Venti... Damn... Ah! Argh!"

-

"You'll be my mom..?" The food in Xiao's mouth came out accidentally after Sayu said those shocking words. While Venti freezes. "Prince Alatus spits his food..."

"Ahaha... O-okay! I'll be your mom..."

"That means prince Alatus is my dad" this time, Venti was the one who accidentally spits his food. "What's wrong with both of you... Wasting food.."

"N-no, I'm not your father... Yet..." Venti hits him in his arms and smiled at him with wide eyes, telling him to stop telling those. "Y-yeah! He's not your father, yet..."

-

"Xiao. Do you know how a star is made, or how it's so bright?"

"Course not. It's not possible to know such thing like that."

"Mm. You're right. But what matters is that they shine even in the darkest night right?" Xiao only hummed in his response as he closed his eyes. "I believe that stars have gone through so much, yet here they are glowing."

"You're talking none sense. Stars just suddenly appear when it's nighttime. No other magical things or whatsoever."

"Hm? You don't know that!" He looked at Xiao, his side view glowed among the stars outside. Venti smiled. "I think you're one of them."

-

"Venti I thought-"

"You thought I love somebody else? Princess Beidou told me all about it. Xiao... Why would you ever think I love somebody else? All my life my priority was my family, my mom, Carmen. And then you... Kidnapped me, and locked me in the castle, who else do you think I would fall in love with?"

"S-so it was me all along?"

"Yes! Oh God Xiao it's you! I love you!"

"Wait, does this mean we can sleep in one bed again, and then kiss, then talk every day, then eat together?"

"Is that really what you only wanted from me." He crossed his arms, staring at Xiao with disappointment. "No, not like that. I just... Miss..."

"Go, continue."

-

"Hey, Venti... Do you think.. This is our happy ending already?"

-

"Stars really reminds me of you... You really do bright so shine in the dark, it's blinding me... Yet the greater pain my eyes get from the shine, the more I get pleasured with the sight of your beautiful face."

-

"Can you promise me something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you forever stay with me?"

-

When a person feels an extreme amount of devastation and anger, or even grief—Celestia might answer their call and may give them a gift from above that would make them have an unnatural strength and power...

“Let go of him!” Xiao didn't know what he was doing anymore, the air seemed a little suffocating... The blue sky was now engraved with darkness and agony. Xiao couldn't breathe, his face was covered by some... Unknown mask. And then suddenly, a spear appeared in his grip.

“A... A vision.”

“Retreat! Retreat!”

“Fucking pussy!” Xiao wasted no time slashing their head open, giving them no mercy. Breathing was getting hard for him and he felt weak each second he plunges down to damage them, he didn't know... Or when he even got these powers, but he knew he had to protect Venti... Or perhaps it was too late.

He didn't care about the family of them he was killing. They hurt Venti, that's enough reason for Xiao to murder them. Just like what he promised.

The suffering didn't seem to end even after killing all the millelith... He stares at his hands as he lets go of his spear.

What is this..?

He felt weak, he wanted to remove his mask but he did not have any strength to do so...

Suddenly, a tune starts making its way through Xiao's ears... The melodic sound calmed his senses down until he was finally able to stop shaking. He can finally breathe.

But where was the sound coming from?

He looked back and saw his lover laying on the ground, showering in his own blood.

Flute attached to his lips as he blows it using one of his last breaths.

Xiao quickly came back to life and crawled towards Venti, “V-venti, hey, it's alright... O-okay, I'll get us something to heal that. It's okay... Everything's okay.”

“I'm tired...”

Xiao didn't know what to do, he was shaking, he was crying. Venti's wound on his neck was vital and it doesn't seem like he's okay at all. “Sleep, love, sleep... I'll wake you up... I promise.”

“I'm scared I wouldn't wake up anymore... Xiao... I'm scared I wouldn't see your smile anymore.” he says with a raspy voice, enough to make Xiao cry more. “Love... Please— no...”

“I am scared I wouldn't be able to say all the things I want to if I sleep...” Xiao can only stroke his hair as he cries, he covered his mouth because he didn't want Venti to hear his sobs... He didn't want Venti to think he was weak. “Please take care of our daughter... Show her the love I wasn't able to give for the past six years.”

“No, Venti... You'll do it on your own.”

“Xiao... What face are you making right now?” Xiao paused for a bit, he didn't want Venti to know he was crying... He did not answer. “I love you, my star... My favorite star.”

Xiao didn't want to be selfish anymore.

Venti always loves the idea of freedom, who is Xiao to chain him with his desires?

He bit his lower lip before sighing, “Close your eyes... I will let you go. Please have a good rest for me...”

“Thank you... Thank you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 222 14
❝ 𝙽𝚘𝚠, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚋 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗. ❞ Thanks to Xiao, you've finally woken up after your thousand year sl...
25.6K 896 21
How To Start An Addiction | Xiaoven/Venxiao Total chapter word count ; 13210 Venti, and Xiao, both aspiring highschool students with decent grades an...
2.6K 82 1
A fanfic in where Paimon tells you a story about Venti and Xiao
50.9K 1.6K 35
Honey | Xiaoven The kid that sits at the back of the class. The one that everyone's fawning over, yet still too scared to talk to them. That person i...