12

It went silent. Chewing and breathing noises are the only ones you can hear even when you're outside the room.

Though this girl is only a lad, her manner is already decent. The way she eats is neat.

When they're finally done eating the kid grabbed the tray on the side and placed the empty plates. Sayu bowed before leaving.

Venti sat up and stretched his arms as he yawns, while Xiao went to his bathroom to brush his teeth. "Xiao, I'm going back to my room now" he glanced at the bathroom before leaving, Xiao only gave him a pitiful look, as if he does not want Venti to leave.

"What?" Nothing changed even when he asked that – Xiao still is giving him that kind of look, and it will be quite hard to resist if he wants something. "Want to stay?"

"This is very unlike you, Xiao" he groaned a little, still having eye contact with the prince. "Huh? How?"

"I don't know. I'm just gonna go back to my room-" before he can walk away he felt a grip on his wrist, stopping him from moving. "Stay. Even – even just for tonight" he stuttered but successfully said it anyway. His grip slightly loosened as his hand starts to shake.

"Only if you want, of course" he looked at the mirror, continued brushing his teeth only to avoid Venti's now smirking face. "Fine, fine. But let me at least get my own clothes"

"Use mine" he mumbled as the stick with a brush on the end scrubbed against his white teeth. "Kay then, I'll change here"

When Venti finished changing, he saw that one certain picture that Xiao once hid from him again. He admired the picture. Admired how happy the two siblings are in this image. Venti couldn't help but smile at the sight of young Xiao actually smiling.

"Hey- oi! Don't touch that picture!" Venti flinched when heard Xiao's voice, causing him to drop it to the ground. "Oh, sorry" Xiao snatched the picture from the ground and wrapped his hands around it as if it was a treasure he cannot lose no matter what.

"My judgment to you was wrong... You love your family after all. I thought – I thought you're just one of those people who do not value the existence of their own family"

"I don't love them..."

"Aw, but Xiao, you looked like you were about to slaughter me when I touched that picture earlier" he giggled, "sorry for touching your things" he sat on the bed, looks like even you don't trust me enough yet, that's enough reason for me to not trust you as well...

They're being dishonest about something, it's that they actually trust each other. It may seem like they do, but can one person trust another when they only met recently?

Building trust isn't that easy, yet that's what is needed the most to build a strong relationship with others.

Xiao huffed as he hid the picture again. Xiao finally snuggled beside Venti, no pillow separating them this time. They awkwardly stared at the ceiling – does not know if they should say something or just shut up until it's dawn.

But Venti decided to point his index finger in the ceiling. "Xiao. Do you know how a star is made, or how it's so bright?"

"Course not. It's not possible to know such thing like that"

"Mm. You're right. But what matters is that they shine even in the darkest night right?" Xiao only hummed in his response as he closed his eyes. "I believe that stars have gone through so much, yet here they are glowing"

"You're talking none sense. Stars just suddenly appear when it's nighttime. No other magical things or whatsoever"

"Hm? You don't know that!" He looked at Xiao, his side view glowed among the stars outside. Venti smiled. "I think you're one of them"

"Huh?" Xiao opened one of his eyes and looked at Venti, "I mean, you shine... Even if no one knows what you've been through"

"What do you mean..?"

"Everyone in this cruel world gets a sad part of their life"

-

"Father is drunk again Carmen!"

"I know... Shh"

"You're spending our money buying that pathetic alcohol again! Our kids are suffering starvation while you, their own father can't even work your ass off!"

"Shut it, old lady. Why do you always blame me for those pests? Hahaha, it was you're deciding to keep them, am I right? Didn't I told you to abort them, yet you didn't. You gave birth to them so now why do you blame me for everything!!" The man aimed to hit the woman with his empty bottle.

"STO- hmmp.."

"Keep it down..! If he hears us, he'll hurt us too. Venti, just, please. Listen to your big brother for once"

"I'm sick"

"What..."

"I don't know when I'll die. All I want is for you to start taking the right path. So when I leave... Someone can take care of my children"

"W-what you're sick..? And all you think about are those two?!" Tears fell in his eyes as the alcohol bottle dropped on the ground.

"Why can't you just abandon them?!" He felt a slap on his face after he said those horrible words.

Venti's sobs gets louder as he witnessed his parent's conversation. His mom is sick...

-

"So I'm sure you have one too"

"No, I don't. I get everything I need. I'm satisfied with this life"

"But you never get the affection you've always wanted. No, not want, need" Xiao froze at his speech, he was right. Xiao was never satisfied with the life he's getting.

Something's not complete in Xiao's life. Something that can hardly be given by anyone.

Everyone praises him. Everyone adores him. Everyone admires him. But where are those who love him?

"Don't think like that" Venti chuckled, "there are people who love you..."

"But you just said earlier that I never got the affection I've been needing"

"I only said that because you can't see it. Maybe you should try being open to your sister, or me? I can give you the warmth you need" he winks while grinning. Immediately, Xiao felt his face gets hotter and hotter. "You're an idiot" he covered his face.

-

Trust 😃😊😋 thrust 👀🙊😳