23

When a person feels an extreme amount of devastation and anger, or even grief—Celestia might answer their call and may give them a gift from above that would make them have an unnatural strength and power.

-

He felt the happiness wash away as he sees his son walk towards the door to take his leave. He wanted to be with him. He wanted to spend time with him, but given by his sickness—he knew he can't. Sounds of expensive shoes hit the ground, and it gets louder and louder. Satisfying to his ears, yet it makes him frightened. "What a lovely acting, my love." A purple-haired woman called, her face serious as ever as she walks slowly towards him. "W-what are you talking about?" He tried not to stutter, but the intense feeling inside him can't be stopped. "You saw the prophecy along with me and Beidou, you sure know Alatus isn't marrying a girl."

A topic about Alatus' love status, and it quickly shot up into his mind. "Hey- don't tell me-" he couldn't stop himself from coughing, but he wanted to say everything on his mind, he wanted this to stop. "You're gonna continue?.."

"Why of course. A rule is a rule, am I right?"

"Please don't do it... Please- I cannot afford to see another one of my children cry their heart out... B-because of you... Our childre-" a purple spear suddenly appeared from her hands, the cold steel blade now sticking on his neck. "Dare to continue that, and I wouldn't hesitate to slash your neck open."

"You know... I've always thought you were beautiful, Ei." He smiles, admiring the shocked face of his lovely wife that may have the tiniest tint of red on it. "Do anything you want that will satisfy you, just don't touch Alatus anymore, for Yae Miko, who gave your son the name Xiao."

He felt as the blade go deeper into his throat, scratching his skin a little—but he only smiles, because it would be an honor to die in the hands of the woman he loves the most... "Don't you dare talk about her!" Her voice got louder, her eyes shining neon purple, and her spear letting out electric particles that can kill him anytime. "Kill me. I don't want to suffer from guilt anymore... I don't want to live a life being as someone who took a life of an innocent human, just promise to forgive me one day..?"

"If I cannot be with the person I've loved, then why should I let the others too?"

"What a selfish decision, Ei... I am quite disappointed..."

"You do not understand!"

"But I do understand. I cannot be with the person I love, because her heart is for someone else—and it's not for me. And I swear, if I have to kill a hundred dragons or climb thousands of mountains to bring back Yae I would do it." His heart was pure. He was certain that he really regrets taking her life, even if it costs his own life, he would do it to bring back Yae, so that I would be happy with her. "I understand your pain, Ei... But it isn't a reason for you to go and give others the feeling you felt because of me. Go back to our palace and tell Beidou to remove the rule from existence..."

"No. Everything will stay the same like always, end of the conversation." Suddenly, the spear disappeared from her hands before she walks away—away—successfully hiding the tears flowing in her eyes, but was she really able to hide it?

-

"Alatus! I want you to go check around Liyue Harbor and inform me about the current state of all the milleliths there." She panics, but tried to calm down as she watches her brother reads a book on her favorite soft chair inside her room. This man always hangs out in her room. So frustrating. "What's the matter?"

"Most of our milleliths were involved with the delusion usage that started from Inazuma, using it is extremely dangerous, we need to stop our people from wielding it."