The Golden Age

TheQuietHufflepuff tarafından

Colette and her brother Merlin travel to the land of Camelot, unknowing of the ban against magic and save the... Daha Fazla

Aesthetics
Playlist
01. The Dragon's Call (Part I)
02. The Dragon's Call (Part II)
03. Valiant (Part I)
04. Valiant (Part II)
05. The Mark of Nimueh (Part I)
06. The Mark of Nimueh (Part II)
08. The Poisoned Chalice (Part II)
09. Lancelot (Part I)
10. Lancelot (Part II)
11. A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part I)
12. A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part II)
13. The Gates of Avalon (Part I)
14. The Gates of Avalon (Part II)
15. The Beginning of the End (Part I)
16. The Beginning of the End (Part II)
17. Excalibur (Part I)
18. Excalibur (Part II)
19. The Moment of Truth (Part I)
20. The Moment of Truth (Part II)
21. The Labyrinth of Gedref (Part I)
22. The Labyrinth of Gedref (Part II)
23. To Kill the King (Part I)
24. To Kill the King (Part II)
25. Le mort d'Arthur et d'Anne (Part I)
26. Le Morte d'Arthur et d'Anne (Part II)
27. The Curse of Cornelius Sigan (Part I)
28. The Curse of Cornelius Sigan (Part II)
29. The Once and Future Queen (Part I)
30. The Once and Future Queen (Part II)
31. The Nightmare Begins (Part I)
32. The Nightmare Begins (Part II)
33. Lancelot, Colette and Guinevere (Part I)
34. Lancelot, Colette and Guinevere (Part II)
35. Beauty and the Beast: Part One (Part I)

07. The Poisoned Chalice (Part I)

121 3 0
TheQuietHufflepuff tarafından

NIMUEH'S CAVE

Nimueh chanted a spell and dropped a flower petal into the water. She watched Merlin and Colette in the water. She pull out the petal, now transparent, and put it in a silver goblet.

"Merlin. Colette."

Nimueh enchanted the chalice.

THRONE ROOM

Bayard and his men arrived in Camelot, and met Uther and his men in the Throne Room.

"Camelot welcomes you, Lord Bayard of Mercia," Uther said. "The treaty we sign today marks an end to war and a beginning to a new friendship between our people."

Uther and Bayard grasped arms. Both parties applauded while Nimueh stared at Merlin and Colette.

UPPER CORRIDOR

Merlin and Colette passed Gaius in the Upper Corridor while carrying heavy bags.

"Why do Lettie and I always get landed with the donkey work?" Merlin wondered.

"You and Colette are servants, Merlin," Gaius reminded him. "It's what you do."

"Our arms will be a foot longer by the time we get this lot inside."

"It's character building. As the old proverb says, hard work breeds... a harder soul."

Colette said knowingly, "There is no way that's a proverb. You just made that up."

"No. I didn't."

Nimueh faked a fall right in front of Merlin and Colette. "Sorry."

"It's all right," Merlin and Colette replied.

"Excuse me."

"Let me give you a hand with that," Merlin offered as he crouched down and caught Nimueh's eye. They stood. "Hi. I'm Merlin. This is my sister Colette." He shook her hand and Colette waved.

"Cara. You're Arthur and Anne's servants. That must be such an honour."

Colette nodded. "Oh, yeah. It is. Well, you know, someone's got to keep the place running. Or two someones."

"Thank you, Merlin."

"Hmm?" Merlin hummed as he looked down at the pillow he'd picked up for her. "Oh, right. Yeah. Er, no problem."

"It was nice meeting you."

Merlin watched her leave and Colette watched her brother with a small smirk.

"Shouldn't you two be busy running the place?" Gaius asked with a laugh.

BAYARD'S GUEST CHAMBERS​

"Alysan duru ronne," Nimueh said.

The door opened. Nimueh entered and opened a box with two silver goblets inside. She replaced one of them with an identical one that she enchanted at the beginning.

ARTHUR'S CHAMBERS

Merlin set down Arthur's clothes for the feast and reeled backwards, covering his face as he asked, "When's the last time these were cleaned?"

"Last year some time," Arthur replied. "Before the Feast of Beltane."

"Did it end in a food fight?"

"Don't all feasts?"

"I wouldn't know. The airs and graces of the court are a mystery to me. And to Colette."

"Not after tonight they won't be."

"I'm going to be at the banquet? Is Colette?"

"Not quite. You'll be there to make sure my cup doesn't run dry. Colette will do the same for Anne. If Anne and I have to sit through Bayard's boring speeches, I don't see why you and your sister should get out of it. Be sure to polish the buttons. Do you want to see what you'll be wearing tonight?"

"Won't this do?"

"No. Tonight you'll be wearing the official ceremonial robes of the servants of Camelot. So will Colette." Arthur held them up for Merlin to see.

"You can't be serious. Colette will have a fit."

HALL OF CEREMONIES

Bayard signed the treaty in the Hall of Ceremonies. Gwen chuckled at Merlin and Colette's feathered hats.

"Nice hat," Gwen commented.

"Thanks," Merlin and Colette replied as they caught Nimueh's eye and took off the hats.

Gwen noticed their gazes and said, "She's pretty isn't she? For a handmaiden, I mean."

"She's pretty for a princess, let alone a handmaiden," Merlin replied.

"Mmm."

Uther finished signing the treaty and grasps arms with Bayard. The crowd applauded and Gwen left Merlin and Colette.

"People of Camelot, for a great many years we have been mortal enemies, and the blood of our men stains the ground from the walls of Camelot to the gates of Mercia," Bayard said. "And though we remember those who have died, we must not allow any more to join them."

A serving girl brought in the box with the goblets.

Bayard continued. "As a symbol of our goodwill, and of our newfound friendship, I present these ceremonial goblets to you, Uther, and to your son, Arthur, and to your daughter, Anne, in the hope that our friendship may last."

Nimueh approached Merlin and Colette with fake anxiety in her voice. "Merlin, Colette, I need to speak to you."

"The wounds we received in battle..."

"What is it?" Merlin and Colette asked.

"Not here, please," Nimueh told them. "I don't know who else to tell."

Merlin and Colette left with Nimueh. Gaius noticed.

Bayard was still speaking. "Tonight we toast a new beginning for our peoples. We look towards a future free from the toils of war."

CORRIDOR

Nimueh, Colette and Merlin stopped to talk in a corridor and the former said, "It wasn't until I saw him give the goblet to Arthur that I realised..."

"Whoa, slow down," Merlin told her. "Start from the beginning."

"Two days ago, I was bringing Bayard his evening meal. We're supposed to knock. He didn't expect me to walk in..."

"So what are you trying to say?" Colette inquired.

"If he knows I said anything, he will kill me."

"My brother and I would not let that happen to you, I promise. Please tell us what you saw."

"Bayard is no friend of Camelot. He craves the kingdom for himself."

"Cara... Tell us?" Merlin said. "What has Bayard done with the goblet?"

"He believes that if he kills Arthur and Anne, Uther's spirit will be broken and Camelot will fall."

"What has he done with the goblet?"

"I saw him putting something in it."

"What?" Colette asked.

"I shouldn't! He'll kill me!"

"Please, tell us! Was it poison?"

Nimueh nodded. Merlin and Colette ran back to the Hall of Ceremonies and Nimueh smirked.

HALL OF CEREMONIES

Bayard said, "And may the differences from our past remain there. To your health, Uther." Everyone stood to toast. "Arthur. Anne." Arthur started to drink. "The Lady Morgana."

Morgana nodded. Arthur waited. Anne glanced around.

"The people of Camelot."

Arthur started to drink.

"And to fallen warriors on both sides," Uther added.

Everyone started to drink.

"Stop!" Merlin and Colette cried as they ran in. "It's poisoned! Don't drink it!"

Merlin and Colette ran up to Arthur and she took his goblet.

"What?" Uther asked.

"Merlin, Colette, what are you doing?" Arthur wondered.

"Bayard laced Arthur's goblet with poison," Merlin explained.

"This is an outrage!" Bayard yelled as he and his men drew their swords, so did the knights of Camelot.

"Order your men to put down their swords," Uther said as Camelot guards rushed in. "You are outnumbered."

"I will not allow this insult to go unchallenged!"

"On what grounds do you base this accusation?"

"I'll handle this," Arthur told his father, motioning for Anne to stay near Morgana.

Arthur skirted around the table and said, "Merlin, Colette, you idiots. Have we been at the slow gin again?" He grabbed Merlin and took the goblet from Colette.

"Unless you two want to be strung up, one of you will tell me why you think why you think it's poisoned now," Uther said.

"He was seen lacing it," Colette explained.

"By whom?"

"Merlin and I can't say."

"I won't listen to this anymore," Bayard said.

"Pass me the goblet," Uther ordered and Arthur handed it to him. "If you're telling the truth..."

"I am."

"Then you have nothing to fear, do you?" Bayard sheathed his sword and reached for the goblet. "No. If this does prove to be poisoned, I want the pleasure of killing you myself."

Bayard snorted.

Uther held the goblet up to Merlin and Colette. "One of them will drink it."

"But if it is poisoned, they'll die!" Arthur said.

"Then we'll know they were telling the truth."

"And what if they live?" Bayard questioned.

"Then you have my apologies, and you can do with them as you will."

"Uther, please!" Gaius begged. "He's just a boy and she's just a girl! They don't know what they're saying!"

"Then you should've schooled them better."

"Merlin, Colette, apologise," Arthur told them. "This is a mistake. I'll drink it."

Colette shook her head. "No, no, no, no, no. It's, it's all right."

Colette toasted to Bayard, Anne, Merlin and Arthur, then drank as Nimueh watched with glee. Gwen took a few steps forward in her anxiety.

"It's fine," Colette reassured.

"They're all yours," Uther said.

Gwen sighed in relief. Colette choked and fell to the floor unconscious. Merlin steadied her fall.

"It's poisoned. Guards seize him!" Uther ordered.

Arthur and Merlin crouched over Colette. Nimueh left. Gaius, Anne and Gwen crouched over Colette.

"Colette," Gaius called. "Can you hear me? We have to get her back to my chambers. Bring the goblet. I need to identify the poison."

Arthur picked up Colette and Gwen grabbed the goblet.

GAIUS' CHAMBERS

Arthur entered carrying Colette. Gaius, Anne, Merlin and Gwen followed.

"Lay her on the bed quickly; she's struggling to breathe," Gaius said "Gwen, Anne, fetch me some water and a towel."

"Is she going to be all right?" Arthur wondered.

"She's burning up."

"You can cure her, can't you Gaius?" Gwen asked.

"I won't know until I can identify the poison. Pass me the goblet." Gwen handed it to him. "Ah. There's something stuck on the inside."

"What is it?" Anne questioned.

"It looks like a flower petal of some kind."

"Her brow's on fire," Gwen informed.

"Keep her cool; it'll help control her fever." Gwen and Merlin tended to Colette while Gaius pulled out a book. "Ah. The petal comes from the Mortaeus flower. It says here that someone poisoned by the Mortaeus can only be saved by a potion made from the leaf of the very same flower. It can only be found in the caves deep beneath the Forest of Balor. The flower grows on the roots of the Mortaeus tree."

"That's not particularly friendly," Arthur said.

"A Cockatrice. It guards the forest. Its venom is potent. A single drop would mean certain death. Few who have crossed the Mountains of Isgaard in search of the Mortaeus flower have made it back alive."

"Sounds like fun."

"Arthur, it's too dangerous."

Anne nodded. "Gaius is right."

"If I don't get the antidote, what happens to Colette?" Arthur asked.

"The Mortaeus induces a slow and painful death," Gaius replied. "She may hold out for four, maybe five days, but not for much longer. Eventually she will die."

---

Nimueh rode out of Camelot.

MORGANA'S CHAMBERS

Gwen entered and said, "My Lady, I am so sorry I haven't been here to attend to you."

"Don't worry, I'm all right," Morgana replied. "How's Colette?"

"If Arthur comes back with the antidote in time, she'll be fine. Anne is helping Gaius and Merlin tend to her. For now at least."

"Then she'll be fine." Gwen sighed.  "You should be with her. I'll manage. I know what she means to you and what her brother means to you. Go."

"Thank you."

RED RIBBON CORRIDOR

Arthur walked with Uther down the Red Ribbon Corridor.

"What's the point of having people to taste for you if you're going to get yourself killed anyway?" Uther asked.

"I won't fail, no matter what you think," Arthur told him.

"Arthur, you and Anne are my only son and daughter and heirs. I can't risk losing either of you for the sake of some serving girl."

"Oh, because her life's worthless?"

"No, because it's worth less than yours."

"I can save her. Let me take some men. Anne has expressed the desire to help."

"No."

"We'll find the antidote and bring it back."

"No."

"Why not?!"

"Because one day I will be dead and Camelot will need a king. Or a queen. I'm not going to let you jeopardise the future of this kingdom over some fool's errand."

"It's not a fool's errand. Gaius says that if we can get the antidote..."

"Oh, Gaius says? That's exactly what makes it so."

"Please, Father. She saved Anne's and my life. I can't stand by and watch her die."

"Then don't look. This girl won't be the last to die on your behalf, or your sister's behalf. You're going to be King. It's something you'll have to get used to."

"I can't accept that."

"You're not going. Nor is your sister."

"You can't stop Anne or me."

"Damn it, Arthur, that's an end to it! You and Anne are not leaving this castle tonight."

ARTHUR'S CHAMBERS

Arthur stormed in, tossed his sword onto the table, and leaned over the fireplace.

Morgana entered and said, "Say what you like about the food, but you can't beat our feast for entertainment."

"Morgana, I'm sorry, I should have made sure you were all right," Arthur stated.

"Disappointed actually. I was looking forward to clumping a couple around the head with a ladle."

"I'm sure the guards could have handled Bayard and his men."

"Yeah, but why let the boys have all the fun?"

"Morgana, you shouldn't get involved. It's dangerous."

"Spare me the lecture, I've already had it from Uther."

"If it's any consolation, you weren't the only one."

"Not that I listen to him. Sometimes you've got to do what you think is right, and damn the consequences."

"You think I should go?"

"It doesn't matter what I think."

"If I don't make it back, who will be the next king of Camelot? There's more than just my life at stake."

"And what kind of king would Camelot want? One that would risk his life to save that of a lowly servant?" She drew Arthur's sword. "Or one who does what his father tells him to?" She presented Arthur with the sword.

EXT. OUTSIDE - NIGHT

Arthur recruited Anne and they rode across the drawbridge.

"Halt!" the guards ordered.

Arthur and Anne rode past the guards out of Camelot. Nimueh watched from her stone basin.

PHYSICIAN'S CHAMBERS

"She's getting hotter," Gwen said.

Colette muttered, "Him. Liffrea, wuldres wealdend, woroldare forgeaf."

"What language is that?" Merlin wondered.

"None," Gaius replied. "The fever's taken hold. None of those words are her own. Her pulse is weaker." He found a large circular rash on Colette's arm.

"What is it?" Gwen questioned.

"That can't be right. The rash is not supposed to appear until the final stage."

"What does that mean?"

Gaius checked his book with a magnifying glass. "It says here that "once a rash appears, death will follow within two days.""

Merlin frowned. "You said she had four days."

"Something's increased the flower's potency. It warns that "the effect of the Mortaeus will be more rapid if an enchantment is used during the flower's preparation.""

"An enchantment?" Gwen repeated. "But Bayard's no sorcerer."

"No he isn't."

"Then who did this?"

Gaius glanced at Merlin with a frown. "It can't have been. She wouldn't dare come here. Unless..."

"Unless what?"

"What happened to that girl?"

"Which girl?"

"Just before Merlin and Colette burst into the hall one of Bayard's serving girls took them outside."

"She had dark hair. Very beautiful."

"You think she did this to my sister?" Merlin asked.

"Find her," Gaius told them. "Quickly."

Colette muttered, "Arthur... swa..."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

7.3K 267 25
"You and Merlin need to practice on how you address Royalty." "I promise you, your highness, I try, but it's never done me any good in the past." "It...
746 49 15
"The adventure continues..." ****** In the midst of darkness, in the midst of distress and despair, the King of Camelot and Warlock rise up to defeat...
6.7K 281 26
After every dusk and the darkest hour it always comes the dawn. ~ What if Merlin managed to take Arthur to Avalon? What if Arthur lived? Will they bu...
1.7K 76 15
"In a land of myth and a time of magic, the future of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a powerful man. His name...MERLIN." ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Destiny is...