But Why Not

By Avery9902

Sequel to The Boy At My Window "It's always my reputation." he said bitterly. "What's always your reputation... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Epilogue
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Third Book?
Announcement

Chapter Thirteen

8.4K 377 34
By Avery9902

"Um yeah-yeah sure." I stumbled over my words suddenly nervous, "Thanks."

The rest of the walk to the trainer's was silent.

I kicked off my shoes and entered the trainer's. Ryder followed my lead.

"Hey Coach Nelson," I greeted our athletic trainer as I hopped up on the table.

"How can I help, Erin?" He moved to stand in front of me.

I dropped my hand from my forehead. "I pulled stitches on one of the guy's cleats."

He tisked. "You need to be careful, Erin." he warned me as he turned away to get band aids and peroxide I assumed.

"That's what I tell her." Ryder called from the doorway.

"How'd you cut your head in the first place?" Coach Nelson asked.

I glanced at Ryder who was trying to conceal laughter. "I just tripped and hit my head on my desk." I muttered.

"Well, don't do that anymore." Coach Nelson said laughing at me.

He set gauze pads, scissors, and a band aid beside me along with a bottle of peroxide. "This is gonna sting for a few seconds." he told me as he poured peroxide on one of the gauze pads.

Ryder moved into the room and sat down beside me. He took my hand and gave it a squeeze.

Coach Nelson pressed the gauze pad to my head and it took everything in me not to flinch away in pain. I let out a small whimper. Ryder squeezed my hand.

Coach Nelson placed the band aid on my head. "I don't want you practicing for the rest of the week. That's probably going to scar now worse than it would before."

I groan. "But I have to practice!" I complained.

"Then you shouldn't have been so clumsy." Coach Nelson fired back.

I grumbled a thank you and hopped down from the table.

Ryder followed me. "Do you need to stop by your house?"

"No. I spent the night at Zach's last night. I have my stuff in my gym bag."

We each ran by our respective locker rooms and met outside the gym.

"You ready?" Ryder asked shoving his hands in his pockets nervously.

I nodded shouldering my gym bag.

As we walked out to the parking lot, I saw Zach leaning against his truck. His face darkened when he saw Ryder beside me. Ryder seeing Zach's expression, wrapped a protective arm around my shoulders. Zach pushed off his truck and sneered as he made his way over.

"Erin," he said roughly eyeing Ryder's arm around me. "I'm supposed to take you home. Let's go."

Ryder tightened his grip on me. I crossed my arms. "No. I'm going with Ryder." I told him.

He stared at me shocked. "But-but. You have to come home with me." he said angrily.

Ryder moved to stand in front of me. "She doesn't have to go anywhere with you." he said protectively.

Zach looked around Ryder. "Erin? Seriously? You're going to let him take you home?"

I turned away and climbed into Ryder's car. "There. You have your answer." I heard Ryder tell Zach.

Zach clenched his fist but turned away before he made a bad decision.

Ryder climbed into the car. My phone buzzed. Erin, please. Just get out of his car and come home with me.

I huffed and ignored his text.

"You good?" Ryder asked me.

I nodded and rubbed my face. "Let's just go."

He started the car. We started driving and I leaned my head against the window. This was too much drama in my life. I'm about to lose my best friend and my relationship with my parents. Over a guy. But, if they would just trust me a little bit and trust my judgement. I can pick my friends and guys I want to date. It's not all up to them.

Ryder reached over and took my hand. "You okay?"

I was so deep in thought, I didn't hear him the first time.

I turned to him. "Sorry. Did you say something?"

"You okay?" he asked again giving my hand a squeeze.

"Yeah." I responded giving him a weak smile. "Just lost in thought."

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Zach, my parents..." I trailed off quietly.

I didn't realize how long I had been silent on the way to his house until we pulled into the drive way and he killed the engine. I unbuckled my seat belt.

"Hey," he said turning towards me. "Don't think about them right now." he told me tucking a lose strand of hair behind my ear. His hand stayed to rest on my cheek. "Tonight, it's just you and me. They don't matter right now. Okay?"

I nodded. Ryder's eyes danced back and forth from my eyes to my lips.

"Just kiss me already." I mumbled quietly.

He leaned across the center console and gently pressed his lips to mine. I smiled against his lips. His hand slid to cup the back of my neck. I tangled my fingers in the soft hair that fell on his neck. Slowly the kiss deepened. I had been waiting for this for a long time.

"This has to be a secret." I whispered to him between kisses. "Just until I figure out how to tell my parents."

"I know." he mumbled pulling me onto his lap. "It'll be fun." he said smirking against my lips.

This is by far my favorite chapter, you guys! *Sigh* I love them.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. The next ones are going to have some brewing drama. It'll be awesome.

Avery

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25 0 9
It is a Las Vegas night. Lowell Calais is bored of the superficial smiles that hid jagged teeth behind pulled back and painted lips. Nothing in this...
2M 68.6K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...
150K 3.2K 36
Being in an abusive relationship is hard, but leaving is even harder. I never thought my sweet, charming boyfriend I met freshman year of college wou...
87.4K 4.4K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...