A New Start: The Beginning of...

By sleepylilacfox

This teen is no other than Irumi Suzuki. Why was this young teen there in the first place? Well, poor young I... More

Welcome readers!
Welcome to the Netherworld Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Familiar Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Potential Playmate Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Cheerful Playmates Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!
Welcome to the Misfits Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Guardian Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Mysterious Ring Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Personal Tutor Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Lesson of Magic Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Suspicious President Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Reading Aquaintance Irumi-chan!
Welcome Dinner Etiquette Irumi-chan!
Welcome Ambitions and Dreams Irumi-chan!
Welcome to Opera's Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Stressful Lesson Irumi-chan!
Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Determined Clara Irumi-chan
Welcome Execution Cannonball, Irumi-chan!
Collection of Drawings I've done for this-pt 1
Welcome the Beginning of Training, Irumi-chan!
Welcome an Interesting Development Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Final Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Sense of Forebode, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Retribution of the Insane, Irumi-chan!
Welcome Vengeance is not always Sweet, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Newbie, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a New Wardrobe Irumi-chan!
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt 1
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt2
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt3
Welcome a Dance Lesson, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Possible Mentor, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Rookie Hunt, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome the Upperclassmen, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Cannonball Battler, Rumi-chan!
Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome Story Time, Rumi-chan!
Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome a Healing Process, Rumi-chan!
Welcome Another Lesson, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome the Warning Signs; Opera-san!
What If? Never a Warning, Rumi-chan!
What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?
Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!
What If? A Fierce Human Doesn't Want to go Back?
Welcome, Grandpa left for a Meeting, Rumi-chan!
What if? A Chat with Amaryllis!
Welcome Boastful Exclamations of Grandparents!
Welcome, A Goodnight's Rest; Opera-san!
Welcome an explosive idea, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night at Babyls, Rumi-chan!
Welcome suspicion and unease Kalego-kun!
Welcome to a Strange Room, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night of Surprises, Babyls!

Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!

1.1K 59 12
By sleepylilacfox

A/N: contains backstory and so such including mentioning of an oc, and also where a bit of the inspiration from Rosario +a Vampire comes in, let me know what you think! This is a pretty long chapter at 6000 words compared to the 2000-4000 I'm trying to keep it down at, let me know if you want them shorter!
____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 9

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live! And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi Suzuki, age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd eat her. And 4. Her heritage and being is completely shrouded in mystery. Will this pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by her idiot 'parents' make a better life for herself in the Netherworld? One way to find out!
____________________________________________________________________________

As it turned out, Irumi did not run into Kalego again that day. Having walked into the Principal's office just as her grandfather finished up the last bit of the meeting with the sixth year teaching staff, "Ah Ru-chan!~ grandpa is all done with his meeting!~" Sullivan cooed, running forward and scooping his granddaughter into his arms. Getting used to such actions, Irumi didn't even make a squeak when her feet left the ground.

"A-ah, I see...I guess this means we will be heading home now then?" Irumi questioned, hugging her book bag close to her chest while being held in a comfy position against her grandfather. "Yeup!!" Sullivan cheered, spinning on his heel at startling speeds. Irumi quickly tucked herself close, groaning at his stomach-twisting fast excitement as he spun right out the open window, taking off to the mansion with his bewildered staff of teachers staring, Irumi still tightly in his hold. Her stomach most definitely did not appreciate nor was yet used to these actions that were becoming common.

They got home in a blink of an eye though, Sullivan setting her down with a proud smile. "How was school today pumpkin?" Sullivan asked in a chipper mood.

"It went great, I went to the cafeteria with Azz-kun and Clara! Though I did accidentally cause problems for Kalego-sensei and I feel awful about that..but I don't know how to properly apologize to him..besides that, Azz-kun, Clara and I ventured around the school grounds in the first year tower and played a bit more." Irumi recounted her day with a bright smile. "And your day, grandpa? How was it? You have been in back to back meetings since the school opened up its gates." She asked peering up at her grandfather.

Sullivan smiled, nodding. "With my dear granddaughter here it is always a perfect day!!" He beamed in that happy-go-lucky way that Irumi enjoys about him so much. Irumi giggled lightly, her voice soft. "Grandpa.," she said, beginning to walk forward, climbing up the steps to the front door where Opera was holding open for them. "Thank you for buying me away from my parents." She finally said, looking back at him with a bright and so beautifully sincere smile.

"I don't know how it'll be for me here in the future. But I think now I can truly live! Today I made my first friends. So thank you! Both of you for letting me be here, for taking me in as your granddaughter!" Her eyes closed, a bright thousand sun smile beaming as her hair ruffled and danced in the wind.

Sullivan and Opera's eyes widened, their hearts clenching painfully; reacting first, Opera bowed their head, hand resting over their heart. Tail swishing side to side happily. Sullivan on the other hand- his jaw clenched.

The thought of those two humans bringing him such rage. "I merely did what was right, Irumi.." Sullivan closed his eyes, breathing out. "Go on and unwind, pumpkin." Sullivan directed with a soft smile and a tired gaze.

Not catching any of this, Irumi smiled and nodded, skipping up the last few steps with an oh so familiar melody humming past her smiling lips as she rushed upstairs. For a mere moment, Sullivan's vision changed. Seeing a young human woman with vibrant, sparkling long light blue hair swaying behind her and a demon as impossibly powerful as he was tall further inside, his hand outstretched and a supercilious smirk on his lips revealing fearsome sharp fangs.

The old demon's black heart shuddered. Pained at watching Irumi leave his sight. Feebly, the weak feeling clung to him with that pain and fear, strong and grip unyielding. He simply couldn't stand the thought of him failing anymore then he already has.

The thought of Irumi falling from his grasp-from his mere sight and hold..it hurt. The Archdemon looked down, breathing out. Internally steeling himself for what he will have to tell her soon, so soon, perhaps even too soon.

"..sir?" Opera voiced out in uncertainty. The lost and pained expression on their master's face brought Opera to a true loss of words. "Opera, please prepare some tea and bring it up to little Irumi's room. I have..a long discussion to share with her. It may be the best time for it." Sullivan breathed out. Opera bowed immediately, "yes sir." They said and quickly got to preparing inside the kitchen.

Sullivan huffed out another sigh for the third time in a row; that tired, fearful ache staying with him as he carried on inside; his steps deceptively fluid in movement as he walked into his manor and straight into his basement, unlocking a secret compartment just before reaching the waters and pulling out a photo album, dusting it off gently, his touch tender and careful with the aged book.

"To think...I won't be able to add more photos of you both with little Rumi..how cruel..this existence is.." Sullivan muttered, gripping the large photo album close. He took in a slow breath in, filling his lungs as he thought back to hundreds of years ago. Such glorious years those were.

Wistfully, Sullivan laid his palm on the front cover, a small spell chanted in his mind. The book glowed violet briefly before fading. And with the spell finished, Sullivan carried on upstairs. Heart heavy as he trekked to Irumi's bedroom.

Beyond the closed door, Irumi finished changing. Now in a pair of black sweats and a mint colored sweater with a bat detailing design. She was in front of her new vanity Opera had recently set up near her wardrobes and by her door. Her hair tie set on the tabletop as she peered at herself in the mirror, brushing her hair slowly as she hummed that soft tune.

Behind her door, simply standing there in the hallway, Sullivan had a firm grip on the photo album, his other arm outstretched, his hand curled in a trembling fist. Hesitant to knock.

Hearing Opera walk up behind him, a tray with tea in their hold, Sullivan took in another slow breath, as if gasping for air before being submerged by troubling waters. His shoulders tensing, Sullivan rapted a soft knock upon Irumi's wooden doors.

"Hm?" Irumi hummed, looking up and towards her door in confusion. She set her hairbrush down. Getting up from the soft stool at her vanity, making her way to the door. Finding it strange her grandfather hasn't already opened the door immediately after the knock. "Yes?" She called out, opening up the door and peered up at her grandpa and Opera, a little startled at the solemn expression on her grandfather's face.

"Grandpa..?" Irumi called out, blinking and a worried look taking over. "Is everything alright?" She asked, hoping it isn't anything she has done.

"Better now than before," Sullivan admitted in truth, slowly making his way to her bed. Leisurely sitting and letting himself sink in a bit against the plush mattress. He beckoned her over, patting the spot next to him.

A little hesitant, Irumi followed the directions in the end. Silent as she climbed onto her bed, seated by her pillows, immediately grabbing her demon bunny plushie as an item to hug in preparation of whatever this was. With Cinnamon securely in her hold, she looked up at Sullivan.

The demon's figure shuddered in grief. "Irumi, there are some things you should know..it may seem preposterous at first and you may not wish to believe it but..it is the solemn truth young one. May I continue..?" He questioned looking into her eyes. His expression was so saddened and regretful.

Irumi's eyebrows scrunched in worry, her expression churning into one of pure worry. Slowly, uncertain in herself, she nodded. "Yes..please?" She requested, her voice trembling the slightest bit.

Sullivan looked down, nodding his head in a vague manner as he slowly set the photo album between the two of them. Behind him, Opera set the hot tea down at Irumi's vanity, standing still as a statue by the door. Their ears down and tail limp.

"Long ago, a little over fourteen hundred years ago there was a human girl that fell into the Netherworld. She wasn't too much older than you, only reaching sixteen years. She fell around the castle grounds. A place I worked at back then. Her name was Tsubaki. Shaken up from her fall and trip through the portal, I was the one to come across her first. Tsubaki had a lot of frantic questions, putting a spell on her to allow her to understand this language, I explained. In the end, when I told her I'll go get the border control to send her back, she said no. She didn't want to go back to the Human realm- Earth." Sullivan began, the tension leaving him as his voice churned in a wistful melancholy.

Irumi's expression changed from worry to curiosity. Listening intently as Sullivan thought back to all those years ago.

"I was still going to do so when another demon came to the scene, having caught Tsubaki's scent and came in curiosity. Tsubaki quickly turned to him, pleading her case of not going back. In turn, we told her the dangers- being eaten and she smirked holding a finger to her lips and joyfully announced she was easily able to keep secrets." Sullivan chuckled, recalling his and his lord's expression at that joyously exclaimed statement.

"We asked her what use we'd have for a human to be here, and she readily replied, she will be our songstress-an entertainer. That she is very good at singing. The other demon asked for a trial run, so to say. And young Tsubaki truly could perform more than just sing. It eased both I and the other demon, it felt like all the building stress just melted away. And for that effect, she was allowed to stay." Sullivan smiled, hand reaching out and rested his palm flat against the cover of the album.

"A few years passed by; I, the other demon and two others who soon found out her origins but gladly kept it secret got close to Tsubaki. All the while, young Tsubaki managed to snake her way into all four of our hearts. The other demon fell in love with her, the other two saw her as a niece and I-I saw her as my very own daughter, with plans to actually adopt her." His voice quivered, the ache mercilessly tightening around his heart.

"In return, she fell in love just as strongly with the other demon and trusted us as her beloved family, now an adult woman, the two got together, their relationship a small kept secret, not as strong as the secret of her origins. Soon though, it was found that Tsubaki was pregnant. This worried all four of us. There were many jealous and angered that the strong demon took the hand of one they viewed as so weak. They...decidedly accused her of seduction magic and bending him to her will which was quite an insult to the both of them. During this time, unrest and issues were surrounding the Netherworld. War and many troubles erupted." Sullivan looked down, ashamed.

"The other demon beckoned Tsubaki to escape to the human world, to have their child in a safer environment 'til the unrest and issues diminished. She refused, wanting to stay with him. So at first, he left with her, disguising himself as a human man, staying with her till the last term of her pregnancy, having no choice but to return here. He turned to me, and I swore to both of them I'll be back in time for when their child is born and protect both the mother and child with all the power I carry and my mere life itself."

"In the human world, with how the portals closed off and the gateways restricted, our time flow changed. In the Netherworld a hundred years could pass by and only a single year in the human world but if entered at the wrong time, the very opposite could happen during that travel. And due to that, it was a bit troublesome calculating when to cross. As it-as it turned out..the baby was delivered earlier than due. And due to the different time zones and other issues I was not there. Tsubaki though, thankfully had the item to hide her newborn's demonic blood, all of us had already figured a solution to protect the baby from the hateful world of humans when the child shall grow their wings and horns, and possibly even a tail beforehand." Sullivan looked directly at Irumi, sorrow swirling in his eyes.

"A necklace, silver in color, on its chain is a square locket, sealed closed with the pictures of both Tsubaki and the other demon. The metal held a powerful spell, made to seal away the child's power till the time was right to where the child would be brought back to this world. The plan was when the child turned four they'd be brought here, and grow, allowing their powers which should still be small, develop properly with their body."

"But, before I made it to the human world, not knowing the child was born. A different demon arrived first, this demoness, angered and appalled at finding the truth, hunted for Tsubaki's blood. Tsubaki was killed, a large wound through her abdomen as the killing blow. It is believed she tricked her attacker to believe she was still pregnant with the child. And in the end, saved the little baby from immediate death." Sullivan continued to look deeply into Irumi's vibrant eyes, tears coming to the surface as she listened to this heart-wrenching tale.

"I didn't know for certain if the baby was still alive, I was in despair, and I felt truly weak in that moment of time..struggling, after a bit I went to the small apartment Tsubaki bought for her stay in the human world, taking her body with me to at least clean her up so she could receive a proper burial. And there, I found used baby products and pictures of a newborn..and I felt hope strengthened me. I figured what my brave Tsubaki did, and I began to search far and wide in the human realm whenever I could and even here in case the baby was possibly stolen I looked for any and all hint. But it was no use, I couldn't find the baby due to the necklace shrouding both their powers and parent's inherited scent. But now.." tears glistened his eyes as he opened up the photo album, slowly Irumi looked down, seeing three pictures on this page.

Her heart trembled, seeing a woman with a bright smile, her hair was a sparkling light blue, eyes the same shade Irumi sees every time she looks into a mirror now- and her face was so similar to Irumi's own. One picture had that woman smiling with a peace sign, a hand cupping her round belly, another had her looking like a tired mess, holding up ultrasound pictures with a small smile.

Lastly the third photograph- the woman was taking a picture of herself and a newborn baby, wrapped in a creamy grey blanket, the hair tuft sticking out was that same Egyptian blue Irumi has and the necklace was the exact same as hers she had on this moment. The same necklace she always has on.

"Are-are you saying..?!" Irumi's eyes widened, shock trembling through her form like violent voltages of electricity. "B-but that's impossible!" Irumi yelped, "I'm no one special! I'm just a human girl with horrible parents! It's-it's just a coincidence!" She denied.

Sullivan shook his head. "Irumi, that necklace around your neck, how long have you owned it?" He questioned slowly, letting the young girl process this. "For as long as I remember..?" She answered in an uncertain tone. Slowly Sullivan nodded, "and have you or anyone ever been able to take it off?" He asked next. Irumi's lips pursed into a straight line. Slowly after a bit of thought, she shook her head 'no'.

"Sweetheart, that necklace is one of a kind. It took weeks alone to create the spell bonded into its metals. And that is the exact same necklace I and four other devils poured our magic into. It's the same one your father, your true father, got specially made by a craftsman and carved the symbols himself. It's the very same necklace that Tsubaki slid pictures of herself and your father in before it was sealed up." He stated with certainty.

"B-but tha-that would-would mean.." her lips quivered, and eyes watered, the onslaught of memories of everything those two people have put her through coming to her mind, causing her limbs to tremble.

Sullivan reached forward, laying his hand against the side of Irumi's face, tilting her tearful face to look up at him. "You are no Suzuki, and you were never fully human, Irumi. But the proud and beloved daughter of Tsubaki Yamamoto and a very powerful demon." He said gently, "and I- I failed both your mother and father and you, little Irumi...I'm..I'm so sorry I couldn't find you sooner-not till those two selfish humans tried to make a contract to sell you for mere money."

Irumi choked on a sob, the memories of the times she feared for her life endlessly, the times she starved all alone in the woods, the times she was ill and suffering but her body never succumbing to it, all the times she felt utterly useless and unwanted, relentlessly fighting for her life and working till her bones trembled for a simple pat on the head and the words 'you're such a good kid' with the dream of having a hug- of them telling her more than just that insignificant praise echoed through her mind.

It all came crashing down at once- the feeling of being sold like she was just some item, being constantly exploited, the many life threatening things that has happened, the harm from horrible employers and others, everything that was her unfortunate life of misery back in the human world, the existence she shouldn't have had to bare.

And for the first time in a long time; Irumi began to sob. A heartbroken, soul trembling cry. Hugging Cinnamon closer to her pained chest as Sullivan scooped her into his lap; hugging his grandchild close, tears slipping past as he closed his eyes.

Holding Irumi in a protective grasp while she sobbed her heart out into his coat for her dead mother and the torment those humans put her through for fourteen long years.

"B-but *hic* I-I don't under-*hic*-stand, you said- *hicc* fourteen hundred years I'm- I've only just turned fourteen." She stuttered out, hiccuping and sniffling after her cries died down a little. Her eyes were puffy and face rosy. Sullivan smoothed her hair back gently. "Due to the portals being closed off and locked up, the Netherworld and Human world's time stream split away."

"No longer as connected as before. Due to the spells and barriers the Netherworld set into place, our time goes by much quicker than in the world of humans. It's been this way since around the midst of the eighteenth century of the human world. Though for demons, we perceive time much differently, we take to change very slowly and making decisions takes just as long for our race. So in a way, our development mirrors the human world still." Sullivan explained soothingly, gently rocking her in his hold.

Irumi sniffled, "grandpa..does that mean you were searching for me for all that time..?" Sullivan smiled, nodding the slightest bit as he hummed. "My searches had to become more spaced out and short as time passed, but yes. I couldn't give up and succumb to the idea that you didn't make it." He stated, looking down at Irumi. "You are very important to me, Levy, Belial, your father, and your mother."

"We all perceived you as a previously thought impossibility, a true gift and blessing. And you'll be very important to plenty more as time passes on. You already have Opera, as your devoted servant by their own free will, and I believe you already have a pink-haired demon and a green-haired demoness beginning to care for you very strongly." Sullivan stated, turning to look at the cat demon who was watching them, hiding their sad trembling not all that well, holding one of Irumi's new plushies as an offering.

Irumi looked up, over to Opera, with her wide eyes and the tear stains down the side of her face. With a grateful watery smile, she reached forward, beckoning for the nonbinary demon to come over and sit with them.

Obediently, Opera moved forward. Their movements were brisk, as they sat down onto the bed, settling the stuffed animal to the side. Irumi shifted, hugging both of them tightly. "Thank you.." she whispered, her heart feeling pained but for the first time it was so full.

"I should be the one to thank you, little Irumi; you survived and were so strong for so long, regardless of the restrictions that have been placed on your body," Sullivan stated, running his fingers through her hair.

She smiled, wiping away the last of her tears. "But grandpa..you only mentioned my mom's name...? Who is my dad? Where..where is he?" She questioned, heart aching and mind spinning as she continued to take all this news in.

Sullivan sighed, "as of this moment it is best to still have your father's identity a secret, even to you. Regretfully, there are still many issues here in the Netherworld. As for where- your father completely vanished with barely even a trace left. The last I saw him was all those years ago before I went to aid your mother. And the last I sensed him was after I buried your mother and created her grave here." He told her sadly.

"But, your father loves you. And I doubt he'd ever stop loving you and your mother. One day, I hope you will get to meet him." He stated, gently 'boop-ing' her nose.

"He is a demon I respect greatly. And I hope you look up to him one day as well." Sullivan chuckled, as most quite literally had to look up at the tall stature of that man. It was funny to him in a way, with how small Irumi was in comparison to her father, he wouldn't doubt that the demon would be capable of cradling Irumi with a single hand, even now as the little one moved into her adolescence.

The rest of that evening was spent leisurely drinking tea and going over Irumi's necklace. Which has sealed the blood she inherited from her father which in return has locked away her wings and many other appendages she'd inherited. With the blood binding, her human form gained a portion of demonic power, and all the more power into her sealed self.

Only certain people whose power was integrated into the spell's key are capable of taking off the locket which acts as the seal. When it's taken off the chain, her full powers and possibly an alternate persona is released until her, and her powers could properly intermix together that will reveal her 'truest' self. The blend of this Irumi- that grew up human, that grew with the ideals of helping and aiding all she could and to work and work, and the other sealed part-most likely the sadness, anger and hostility that Irumi has had to lock away.

Due to fourteen years of the powers and natural instincts inherited by demons being forced to stay dormant and even receive a power boost in a short time period, it will take a long while for her power and body to stabilize and harmonize. Since this is the case, Irumi will not be allowed to fly until her strength reaches a certain point. Likewise, if her horns start to appear, they will need to keep those hidden as the particular style would undoubtedly connect her to her father.

As her demon blood is sealed away- if she were to bleed or get her DNA tested it will only show her human side with a sturdy implement of holding shared blood with Sullivan now. Furthermore, despite how her scent will smell quite delicious, it will not be a danger any longer to go without perfume as the initial scent of the human world is off of her due to the last four days here in the Netherworld.

Including the fact that some of her demonic prowess has been seeping out finally being nurtured by the miasma in the atmosphere of the Netherworld- it's properties are entangling into her scent so all she does is smell alluring-which many may just connect to a possible ability much like the Ix house or a seductive allure that simply belongs to Irumi much like some are born with a particular enrapturing presence and charisma.

Along those lines, Irumi will be at some point receiving private lessons on a few things- whether going into further detail beyond Babyls' courses or some teaching that have other purposes- such as etiquette, dancing and music lessons that would be beneficial for her withholding the title of a demon such as Sullivan's granddaughter and the daughter of an unknown high tier demon.

As their conversation continued, following with a lighter dinner in comparison to the last few days, Irumi was reassured and comforted by the both of them one last time, before they allowed her to get some sleep.

Silently, Irumi stared up at her ceiling. The information she was told today was spinning wildly in her mind. But in her very being, she knew it was the truth- regardless her grandfather wouldn't lie to her. And that horribly sad and broken expression Sullivan had while recounting all those years ago couldn't be faked to such an extent.

That hope and happiness that glinted in his eyes behind those small glasses when he gazed at her, telling her she was that child would have been very difficult to be faked to that extent. And the tears that they both shed while he held her like a small lost child finally found couldn't possibly have even cover about the feelings the old demon kept locked up for years.

Despite how possible such a thing could have taken place, within her; she could sense it. Know without a doubt her grandfather didn't speak a speckle of lies and that she could put her entire being into his care.

Slowly, with thoughts and mind on the picture of her mother, Irumi closed her eyes. Falling into a deep sleep immediately.

And within the sleeping girl, her locked power swirled to life, escaping its weakened prison and caressed her skin. The luminous glow went to her back once again, healing the smaller sized aged scars just a little bit more. At the same time, it strengthened her structure, bones, and muscle to be on par with the average demon, her ears changing in form, becoming longer and coming to a point at the tips.

Her skin, still soft and smooth, strengthened its dexterity, her calluses on her hands fading to nothing and skin paling to a milkier cream. And much like the past nights, her hair lengthened just ever so more as beneath closed eyelids her pupils briefly changed into slits before changing back to the softened circle, humming with greater power-the strong emission and allure of an elite demon.

By the time Irumi awakened, slowly and dazed. Seconds before her clock screeched its alarm. The girl was groaning, her head pounding as she sat up slow and carefully. Her ears ached, sharp pain at the tips of them as if they were being pinched and tugged on viciously for hours.

At her door, her grandfather knocked and strolled right in with a cheerful tune hummed past his mustache and smirking lips. "Good morning Ru-chan~!" He greeted as Opera entered right behind, heading into the bathroom to draw Irumi's bath. "Morning..grandpa" she greeted slowly, having had to pause to yawn. Her hair was disheveled, her usual ahoge joined with a few extra messy strands.

Happily chuckling, Sullivan snuck a quick picture of her sleepy self with his ever-present camera. Before shutting off her alarm for her and coaxing her right out of her bed to get ready for school. "I'll be downstairs sweet pea~." Sullivan chirped out happily and left the room with a joyous skip in his stride.

Still immensely tired, Irumi hummed and walked into the bathroom. Not realizing the entire time of her bath that Opera was present and even washing her hair for her. That is..until they spoke.

"This is great news princess, your smaller scars on your body are near nonexistent now. In a few more nights if this healing keeps up, those marks will be completely gone. And your ears have become longer and pointed, giving them a more common look." Opera stated with pride as they rinsed out the soap in her hair and began to lather the ends with conditioner.

"Oh..that's great-wait Opera?! What are you doing in here?!" She yelped, her entire body turning a bright crimson red as she covered herself with her hands.

Opera blinked, "I am helping with washing your hair, milady. There is no need to yell so early in the morning. Your voice is still fragile from crying yesterday," they pointed out with their usual monotone. This didn't lessen Irumi's blush or stutter.

After a moment, Opera dumped a bucket full of clean warm water over her head and hair, washing out the excess hair product and leaving the girl sputtering out water. "Up, please." Opera requested and automatically Irumi stood up at the word 'please,' the instant her form left the water, a warm fluffy towel was wrapped around her shoulders, covering her body as Opera used a second towel to dry her hair. Their tail flicking happily side-to-side as they dried her off.

All the while, Irumi blinked in disbelief. Her body went into autopilot at whatever Opera requested. And before she knew it, Opera had applied the salve, bandaged, and completely dressed her. Even brushed out her hair which now fell to mid-back. In shock and staying perfectly still, Irumi didn't move an inch even as Opera set her color contacts case into her hands, bowed, and left to prepare breakfast.

A few silent minutes passed till steam exploded from the top of her head. Her knees collided to the flooring, eyes wide in embarrassment and entire form trembling. "That was so embarrassing!!" She whimpered to herself, covering her red face with her hands and contact case.

It took Irumi another five minutes after that to successfully stop blushing and put in her color contacts, watching as her vibrant and twinkling blue eyes darken into those Egyptian blue. She stared at herself, silently as she inspected her face. Picking out what was similar to the picture of her mother's and what wasn't. 'I have her eyes..her lips..and cheeks..' Irumi thought to herself, blushing as she rested her hand against the side of her face. 'Am I going to always have this baby face then..?' She wondered before shaking her head.

Her grumbling stomach only now fully broke her out of her thoughts. One last time, Irumi looked into the mirror, almost tempted to take out the contacts. But not today...perhaps when her school life settled a little more?

Irumi shook her head again, it wasn't the time to contemplate such things and carried on downstairs, bringing her school bag with her. Setting her bag next to the front door, Irumi walked into the dining room and sat at her seat. Sullivan was already there, looking through a newspaper with a happy hum.

The moment she sat at her place, Opera came out, pushing a trolley cart out of the kitchen, a massive amount of food stacked high. Silently, the cat demon began to layout Irumi's usual breakfast spread.

Without too much thought to it, Irumi dug right in and began to empty plate after plate. "More hell grey tea," Opera offered after Irumi ate a considerable amount of food. "Yes please," she requested between bites. "Ah," Sullivan spoke up finally, dropping his newspaper. "I forgot to tell you pumpkin, we are announcing classes today, and I made sure to put you in a very special class," Sullivan stated, folding his newspaper and setting it down and to the side.

"Special how?" She asked curiously, setting her utensils down. "Well, you said you didn't want to stand out because it makes you feel uncomfortable so Grandpa made certain your wish would come true!!" Her grandfather's chibi-egg self exclaimed, jumping in his seat.

Irumi smiled brightly upon hearing this, "oh! That was nice of you! Thanks for doing that grandpa!" She thanked him. Back to normal, Sullivan waved his hand with a pleased blush on his face. "Think nothing of it," the elder demon said.

Outside the manor, behind the gate, Clara and Asmodeus arrived. "Hurry up Irumikins!!! Good morning! Good morning!!" Clara shouted, jumping in joy. "A most sincere good morning to you Master Irumi!" Asmodeus shouted over Clara.

Irumi glanced behind her towards the window, blinking as she heard her two friends. "You'll be pleased to know I put your friends in the same class as you. You all will be in the Misfit Class." Her grandpa stated happily. She blinked, "did you say the misfit class..?"

Sullivan nodded, pleased with himself. "It's a class full of troublemakers so I figured by putting you in with them, they'd take more direct attention away from you! And the background of the class will give you a cover so to say!" The man chirped happily, clapping as Irumi finished up her food while listening to him.

"Now head on out! Don't want to keep your friends waiting!" Sullivan ushered her out. "O-oh right! See you later grandpa! Breakfast was amazing as usual Opera, thank you!" She called out, wiping her mouth with the cloth napkin before rushing out of the dining room and hurriedly grabbed her bag as she walked out the door.

Opera looked over at their master in a little bit of confusion, "that was unusual of you to rush her out.." they observed, looking a little startled with the glint that appeared in the archdemon's eyes. "Well, my dear sweet granddaughter has two new friends waiting for her! Now- Opera! Her dear new teacher is a certain canine's descendant. How shall we go about ensuring ah- that protective guard dog fulfills the very old, binding oath and he doesn't end up putting my sweet Ru-chan in any danger while coming to terms with it?" Sullivan questioned, chuckling darkly.

Opera's eyes widened, tail beginning to flick side to side at a quick, happy pace as a glint appeared in their own eyes. "I have a few ideas," they stated with certainty.

"Hooo?~" Sullivan drew out, his smirk widening. "Perfect," he chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 487 15
↪It all started when she saved this little girl from a kidnapper, but little did she know that this little girl will change her life. started: 8/23...
21.5K 733 18
Sophie Sasaki was an ordinary high school student with dreams and aspirations before tragedy struck. One day, while sitting in her classroom with her...
42.3K 1K 41
After being separated from the others crew, Luffy went to save his brother Fire Fist Ace. At the same moment, Nami somehow knew what Luffy was doing...
116K 3.8K 46
Naruto left to go on his journey with Jiraiya. That leaves Mika stuck in Konoha. Not that she could get out of it because of Academy stuff and her ow...