Leaves brought by Love (Mitsu...

By keishirogane08

As the leaves turn red........the leaves fall......... I met her, under the falling maple leaves........ She... More

Character Info and Breathing Style
Prologue
Thoughts about the OC and to the Hashiras
Chapter 1: Leaves meet Love
Chapter 2: Moonlit Breeze, Scent of Blood
Chapter 3: Sorrows of the Leaf, Unheard Voices
Chapter 4: The Leaf Hashira
Chapter 5: Joyous Celebration, Warm Moonlight
Chapter 6: The Kishiwada Danjiri Incident
Chapter 7: The boy with the Hanafuda Earrings
Chapter 8: Scattered Leaves, Shattered Smiles
Chapter 9: Scarlet Leaves, Pursuing Endless Winds
Chapter 10: Reunion
Chapter 11: Roaring Thunder, Falling Leaves
Chapter 12: Returning Leaves
Chapter 14: The Butterfly Estate
Chapter 15: A New Mission
Chapter 16: The Infinity Train
Chapter 17: Dreams, Illusions, Reality
Chapter 18: Set your heart ablaze
Chapter 19: Recovery
Chapter 20: The Red Light District
Chapter 21: Battle of the Red Light District - Prelude
Chapter 22: Upper Six
Chapter 23: A Hard Battle
Chapter 24: Waning Moon
Chapter 25: The Swordsmith Village
Chapter 26: Invasion of the Swordsmith Village
Chapter 27: Dawn's Light

Chapter 13: Rekindling Lost Love

3.2K 79 25
By keishirogane08

3rd POV. Ubuyashiki Estate.

Akito, who now wears the standard Demon Slayer uniform with his haori, finally returned to the Demon Slayer Corps after two years of self-imposed exile.

The recent hashiras, Obanai and Muichiro finally saw the last member of the legendary Trio of Miracles.

The Trio of Miracles became a legend among the Demon Slayers. The Trio of Miracles was even stated to be as powerful as the Hashira and fought life and death battle but always survived by miracles.

But now, only one is remaining alive of the Trio of Miracles, and currently, he is the Leaf Hashira, Kaedehara Akito.

No one in the Corps knew his name, except for the recent Hashiras.

And now, the Leaf Hashira finally returned and he was welcomed back by the Master.

Kyojurou and Mitsuri wanted to welcome Akito back but they will hold back for a while as they are still on the Hashira Meeting.

Akito knew what was going on from the very beginning. He just chose to watch how will the events unfold. As much as Akito didn't want to interfere too much, he only had to interfere if things are about to escalate.

The moment he swapped the box with maple leaves, Akito did that with his blinding speed and with his fifth form.

And when he let his voice be heard even though he is still hidden, he used his Blood Demon Art: Soumon, to do that.

Once Akito said his greetings, he spoke up.

Akito: Oyakata-sama, if I may, I would like to say a few words to my fellow Hashira, regarding about Tanjiro and Nezuko.

Kagaya: Mm. Proceed.

Akito stood up and pat Tanjiro's head.

Akito: Within those two years, you already grew up. Tanjiro, I'm sure that everything will be worth it.

Akito: That's why, you got to improve your skills.

Akito: I'm sure, you can. That is what the wind is telling me. Your wind is just so kind, and honest.

Tanjiro: Kaedehara-san........

Akito: Do your best, Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: Y-Yes.

Suddenly, Akito appeared in front of Nezuko as he heals Nezuko's wounds via his powers.

Akito: Nezuko. Continue to help your brother to the best of your ability.

Akito: I know you will hold upon your promise. Never stray from your path, and you might see the light that you are looking for.

Nezuko felt warm and fuzzy due to Akito's voice that she's dozing off.

Akito properly let her sleep inside the box, and closed it.

He then picked it up, and gave it to the Kakushi nearby.

Akito: Please.

Kakushi: T-Thank you, Kaedehara-sama.

Then, Tanjiro and Nezuko were taken away and brought to the Butterfly Estate.

Meanwhile, within the Ubuyashiki Estate......

Akito went to his spot among the Hashiras, he went beside Giyuu's left spot, and just like the rest of the Hashira, he kneeled and humbly bowed in respect to the Master.

Kagaya: It's been two years since the Hashira were completed.

Kagaya: I am sure, some of the Hashira here are glad to see Akito after a couple of years.

Kagaya: For now, we'll have a lot to discuss.

Everyone went inside the mansion and held the meeting. Everyone gave their reports and now, it is Akito's turn to give his report.

Kagaya: Now then, Akito, even though you just returned a few months, I believe that you still encountered demons along the way, right?

Akito: Yes. With Muzan on my trail, he's been sending demon after demon to capture me.

Akito: I understood their intent. Capture me, and use me as a bait to draw my mother.

Akito: Not even a single demon knew about that I can walk in the sunlight.

Kagaya: That's a relief. Also, about the letter you gave to me, your encounter with Kibutsuji, how did it go?

Akito: We didn't fight, actually. I simply observed, and listened to the winds.

Akito: And he is searching for something.

Kagaya: And what is he searching?

Akito: A Blue Spider Lily.

Kagaya: A blue spider lily?

Shinobu: Does such a flower even exist?

Akito: I don't know, I consulted the wind and it was reveales that the Blue Spider Lily are even rare to find and hard to spot during the night.

Akito: And it can only bloom in sunlight.

Akito: When I somehow discovered a field of the blue spider lily, when I picked up the flower, it withered instantly, along with the rest of the flowers among the field.

Kagaya: Hmmm......a flower that can only be spotted in the day, and withers when one of them is picked up.

Akito: I tried to gather the reason why Muzan is looking for the said flower but, since somehow it happened in a very, very long time, I got to find the wind that carry the said tale.

Akito: I'm having difficulty in getting that information. I have a theory that it is probably around a thousand years ago.

Kagaya: Hm, do not force yourself Akito. For now, rest well, you've done a great job.

Akito bowed at the Master.

Akito: Thank you, Oyakata-sama.

Kagaya faced the Hashira and concluded the reports.

Kagaya: Just as you have all reported, the demons' carnage has increased more than ever.

Kagaya: Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than it is before.

Kagaya: We'll have to bolster the ranks of the Demon Slayers.

Kagaya: If only we can have another Trio of Miracles.

Akito: ..........

Kagaya: What do you all think?

Sanemi: The incident on Mt. Natagumo made it clear. The prowess of the Demon Slayers has nose-dived to unbelievable levels.

Sanemi: Most of them are useless. The trainers must've been blind.

Sanemi: In my opinion, they wouldn't even be on par with the samurai of the Edo Period.

Sanemi: They couldn't even tell if someone is competent or not.

Tengen: Well, that kid today sure had potential. He even landed that flamboyant blow on you, Shinazugawa.

Sanemi: Tch. If it weren't for the bastard here.......

Sanemi glares at Akito who is sitting beside Tengen.

Sanemi: If he didn't interfere—

Akito: Even if I did or did not interfere, the result will be the same.

Sanemi: Tch.

Shinobu: The more the human population increases, the harder it becomes to unify them.

Shinobu: Not to mention that the times have changed considerably in this era.

Gyomei: Other than those who've had their loved ones brutally massacred, and joined the Corps, or those of distinguished pedigree who have hunted demons for generations....

Gyomei: ....to ask anyone to harness as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce such results would be cruel.

Kyojuro: Still, considering that boy ran into a Twelve Kizuki so soon after joining the Corps......and Kaede being able to pinpoint Kibutsuji......

Kyojuro: They may have the power to draw them! After all, Kaede even managed to survive an encounter with Upper One!

Akito: ........

Akito: It was somehow thanks to the sacrifice of a dear friend that I was able to survive that night.

Kyojuro: But still, Kaede, cofronting the strongest Upper Moon, the others here have the rare chance to run into one. It makes me envious!

Akito: Sensei, you still haven't changed even within two years, that passion is still burning even brighter it seems.

Kagaya: Agreed.

Kagaya: But the fact that Lower Five made such a drastic move, probably means that Muzan wasn't in Mt. Natagumo.

Kagaya: And the fact that Akito stated that Muzan can change into any form he wants.......makes it even more difficult to locate him with ordinary means.

Kagaya: In the case of Asakusa, whenever Muzan wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off.

Kagaya: It's really quite frustrating.

Kagaya: ........

Kagaya: But still, those demons still roam around the land, devouring humans, in order to survive and gain strength.

Kagaya: For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing for us to do.

Kagaya: I believe that the Hashiras present today, I've assembled the finest unit since the First Breathing Users of the Sengoku Era.

Kagaya: And now, our remaining miracle, has now returned, even stronger than ever, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Kagaya: Uzui Tengen. Rengoku Kyojurou. Kocho Shinobu. Kaedehara Akito. Kanroji Mitsuri. Tokito Muichiro.

Kagaya: Himejima Gyomei. Shinazugawa Sanemi. Iguro Obanai. Tomioka Giyuu.

Kagaya: My children, I look forward to your success.

The Hashira meeting was concluded and the Hashira finally got to catch up with Akito.

Tengen coils his arm around Akito.

Tengen: Man, that was a flamboyant entrance earlier, Kaedehara!

Tengen: You really grew up and even grew taller! Your hair is even longer.

Akito: Still flamboyant as ever, Uzui-san.

Tengen: Hahahahahaha! You know me!

Kyojurou: How have you been, Kaede! It's been two years!

Akito smiled at his mentor.

Akito: I went through a lot of things, Sensei. But thanks to your teachings, I was able to move forward.

Kyojurou: Hahahahaha! You even grew matured over the couple of years!

Mitsuri: Welcome back, Akito!

Akito: Thank you, Mitsuri.

Akito gently pats Mitsuri's head as the latter squels in joy.

Mitsuri: KYAAAAA! His soft hand is gently patting my hair! I could happily die now!

Mitsuri: O-Oh! By the way! H-Here!

Mitsuri gives back the Kaedehara Crest that belonged to Akito.

Akito: Wait, I entrusted this crest to Oyakata-sama......

Mitsuri: Oyakata-sama and Amane-sama refused to keep such a precious item. They told me that I am the only one who has the right to hold on to this crest.

Akito: I see. Thank you.

Akito takes the crest and he pins it on a tassel that was attached to his belt.

Akito: Also, Mitsuri, the haori you are wearing.

Mitsuri: *blushed*

Mitsuri: It was only a matter of time before he noticed!

Akito: It seems like my Dad entrusted that haori to you.

Mitsuri: Y-Yes, he gave this haori to me. It is said that this haori is what you wore during your earlier years as a Demon Slayer.

Akito: Yes. It's fine though, actually, I was planning on giving that to you as a gift when you became a Hashira.

Akito: But I forgot it due to how busy I was.

Shinobu: So, so, Kaedehara-san, now that you've return—

Akito: No.

Shinobu: ...........

Shinobu: You didn't even hear me—

Akito: The answer is no.

Shinobu: ............

Akito: I can read your inner voice! I know exactly what you're planning to do Kocho-san!

Shinobu: But—

Akito: It's still a no.

Kyojuro: What are you declining for, Kaede?

Tengen: Yeah, that's unflamboyant of you to refuse such an invitation from a lady.

Akito: Then, if you are in my shoes, and Shinobu asks you to become an experimental mouse for her new demon poisons, would you accept it?

Tengen: ..........

Kyojurou: ............

Shinobu: *sigh*

Mitsuri: What was that, Shinobu-chan? Hmmm?

Shinobu: I-I mean, even with Kaedehara-san's blood, I'll be able to create a poison that can counter stronger demons.

Akito: Yeah, right. I still remember where you forced me to drink a vial of poison, did you know that I had to fight with a cloudy vision during that time?

And the banter between the four hashiras continued. As for Obanai who is infatuated with Mitsuri, somehow saw Akito as a rival.

But little did Obanai knew, that Mitsuri secretly accepted to be engaged to Akito. Akito still didn't know this yet......

So, Obanai doesn't have a chance.

Obanai: So that's Kaedehara Akito, huh? It seems like he's close to Kanroji, and Kanroji will talk about him whenever she had the chance.

Obanai: Also, they got matching haoris? Damn it! This guy is like hundred steps, no, thousand steps ahead of me!

The return of Akito to the Demon Slayer Corps, for Obanai, it became the day where his greatest rival had arrived.

Returning to the other four......

Akito: By the way, Kyojurou-sensei, Mitsuri, how's my dad?

Kyojurou and Mitsuri smiled bitterly.

Kyojurou: Hiromitsu-sama is still fine but.......

Mitsuri: His disease is somehow getting worse slowly.

Akito: I see.

Shinobu: I checked upon the condition of your father, Kaedehara-san, and it was said that he will probably die when he gets to 40.

Shinobu: I'm sorry to break this news to you but.......

Shinobu: Your father may only have probably have atleast one or a couple of years to live due to the worsening of his disease.

Shinobu: After all, he's been suffering from leukemia for four years now.

Akito: I see. It seems like, somehow, I just made it in time for me to return. I definitely don't want to be absent on his deathbed.

Mitsuri: I've been helping to take care of Father during the years that you were away!

Shinobu: And I've been visiting him once every two weeks in order to check upon his condition and I could still probably find a cure, but when I learned it is cancer.......

Shinobu: The chances are very low

Tengen: You really had a lot of going, huh?

Akito: Yes. After all, once my father dies, I'll be the Head of the Kaedehara Clan.

Akito: All right, I'll go home now, I wanted to rest and see my Dad.

Mitsuri: I'll go with you!

Akito: Thanks.

Akito went home to the Kaedehara Estate and the servants almost didn't recognize the young master but nonetheless, they were happy that Akito finally returned.

When Akito visited his father to his room, Hiromitsu is so happy that his son came back from his long journey.

Hiromitsu was somehow frail now due to his disease but he can still walk.

Akito was saddened by the condition of his father but nonetheless, the two caught up and Akito told his father that his mother is alive.

Hiromitsu was glad to hear the news, probably the mews that he wanted to hear for a very, very long time.

The father and son caught up after two years of not seeing each other.

Mitsuri who witnessed this is so happy to see what is happening.

But they had to cut the reunion short, as Akito wanted to let his father get the rest that he needs.

So, he went back to his room and he really missed his home.

Mitsuri also decided to stay and slept with Akito together.

The two lay in their respective futons and stare at the ceiling.

Mitsuri: Akito, would you mind telling me about your adventures?

Akito: Hmmm, where should I begin.......

Akito: Well, there was a time where I got arrested for a crime that I didn't commit.

Mitsuri: What!? You were arrested!?

Akito: Believe it or not, I was thrown into prison.

Mitsuri: T-Then, how did you get out?

Akito: I escaped, and it was easy.

Mitsuri: E-EH!?

Akito: Relax, I used my blood demon art to make them forget my face. Since I never gave my family name and all.

Mitsuri: J-Just what did you do?

Akito: Like I said, I was accused of a crime I didn't commit.

And Akito told some of his stories to Mitsuri, especially when Akito finally met his mother. Mitsuri cried a river of tears.

But nonetheless, Mitsuri was happy that she finally caught up with Akito.

Unfortunately, they had to sleep now, especially, Akito who just came from a long journey.

But Akito can finally say.

Akito: I'm finally home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 204 32
❝Nothing ever ends poetically. It ends and we turn into poetry. All the blood was never once beautiful, it was just red.❞ A story of a half breed, h...
30 2 5
"Long ago there wasn't heaven or hell, for Earth was hell itself. Grim time until God created light and with light, life" "The God of all knowledge...
37.2K 2.2K 47
Have you ever made a decision that you would dearly regret in the future? Have you ever faced the consequences of such actions? Well I have, and I ha...
1K 62 31
α΄‹Ιͺα΄α΄‡α΄›κœ±α΄œ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ. α΄€α΄‹α΄œα΄α΄€ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ. α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍΙͺα΄‡κœ±, ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴏꜰ κœ°α΄€ΚŸΚŸα΄‡Ι΄ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ κœ±ΚŸα΄€Κα΄‡Κ€κœ±, ΚŸα΄κœ±α΄› ꜱᴏᴜʟꜱ α΄€Ι΄α΄… α΄…α΄‡α΄α΄Ι΄κœ± ᴑʜᴏ ʀᴇΙͺɴᴄᴀʀɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ʏᴇᴀʀ 2022. α΄›Κœα΄‡Κ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ Κ™...