Chapter 4: The Leaf Hashira

3rd POV.

Akito bid his farewell to Kyojuro and Mitsuri.

Unfortunately for him, the crow of Ubuyashiki Kagaya, the Leader of the Demon Slayer Corps, found him and gave the orders to Akito to go at the Ubuyashiki estate.

Akito probably also saw this as a chance to announce his leave to the Master.

Once he arrived, the Master was already waiting for him.

The Master, Ubuyashiki Kagaya, is a man with a special voice that calms a person's heart.

At the veranda of the Estate, the Master who is already blind, sensed Akito's presence when a leaf landed on his hands.

Akito bowed at the Master with utmost respect.

Akito: Oyakata-sama, can I ask what is the reason why you called me here?

Hearing the troubled voice of Akito, Kagaya responded with his soothing voice.

Kagaya: Akito, I heard from Kyojuro that you intend to leave the Corps.

Akito: Yes.

Kagaya: Is it because of Masato's death?

Akito: Yes.

Kagaya: ..........

Kagaya: Then, what about their will?

Akito: H-Huh?

He looked at the Master and was even dumbfounded by the Master's words........

Kagaya: Masato and Suzuki, I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy at your current state right now.

Akito: Then what should I even do, Oyakata-sama.........?

Akito: I couldn't even do anything when Suzuki and Masato died......

Akito: I couldn't even protected Masato from the Upper Rank demon..........

Kagaya: Akito, you are a kind and gentle soul........

Kagaya: Do not blame yourself for the deaths of those who were closest to you.

Kagaya: Death will eventually come to each one of us, in fact, even I myself doesn't even know when will my death is due to my curse.

Akito: .........

Akito: Oyakata-sama.......

Kagaya: Ever since the curse that was placed upon my family, we have been resilient to death.

Kagaya: Despite my sickness, I'm still fighting, dedicating my soul, to defeat the Progenitor of Demons.

Kagaya: So, what about you, Akito? Wouldn't you break the oath you swore? The oath that you three pledged to one another.

Akito: ...........!?

Kagaya: "To protect the peaceful lives of those who cannot fight, until death we will fight."