Chapter 17: Dreams, Illusions, Reality

3rd POV. Infinity Train.

A few moments after everything settled down for a while, everyone fell asleep.

Everyone is under a very deep, deep slumber, dreaming their own dreams.

Except for one.........

The half-demon and half-human......Kaedehara Akito.

Since Akito lost his ticket, he received a penalty to pay for the lost ticket.

But Akito is even concerned about what is going inside the train.......

So, Akito executed a plan to lure in the demon.

He pretended to sleep among with the passengers.

Akito: If this was the main cause of the disappearance of these 40 people........then I would guess that the demon killed the sleeping passengers.

He closed his eyes and enter a meditative state and increased his focus to talk with the wind.

But the wind is getting disturbed.......

Akito: The hell.......what's going on!? The disturbance that I felt earlier....! It's even more stronger!

Until.......he heard one of the cars being opened and heard the footsteps coming closer.

He listened to the wind of the newcomers and found out that these are children, around the age of 11 or 12.

Akito: Children? What the hell? No, wait, from their wind alone, these are humans.

Akito: What? Hostage?

Akito: I see, so that's how it is.

He smelled the scent of ropes.......and I heard the sound of them tying it up to other people.

He also felt a rope that is being tied to me.

And the moment that rope was tied to Akito......

His consciousness was somehow transferred to somewhere else.......

By looking at the surroundings......he noticed that Akito was back to the Kaedehara Estate.....

Akito: The estate?

But unlike those who were trapped in a reality created by a dream.......

Akito was only trapped inside an illusion due to his resistance in blood demon arts........

Akito: An illusion.......

Akito: In that case..........

Akito gets to his stance, and gathers the power of the wind.

Akito: Since this is my dream......then I'll be going all out.

Once enough power was gathered, Akito released his form.

Akito: Breath of Leaves, Fourth Form.