Chapter 10: Reunion

3rd POV. One year after Akito's escape from prison.

It's been a year since Akito escaped from prison and the urban legend it created spread throughout some parts of Japan.

Even this legend reached the Demon Slayers and dismissed it as somehow of a tall tale.

While the Master, Ubuyashiki Kagaya, immediately knew what happened........

Kagaya: I see.......

Kagaya: So Akito is currently in hiding.

When Akito managed to escape from prison, he secretly wrote to Kagaya about his investigations of demonic activity in the towns he passed.

Only Amane and Kagaya knew about Akito on a secret mission.

And that mission, is to find Kaedehara Kyouko, Akito's mother.

He looked for clues about his mother's whereabouts, but to no avail. As if every trace will just lead him to a dead end, that whenever Akito could finally have a proper lead on his mother, that lead would simply become useless as time goes on and will lead Akito again on a dead end.

The amount of times he got to start over.......just to look for his mother.

But why is Akito searching for his mother?

The first reason was when Kokushibo said that Kyouko was a traitor among the demons as Muzan ordered the Upper Moons to hunt her down.

But the reason why she was being hunted down is still unknown for Akito.

The second reason is for answers. About Akito's demonic side, why his mother immediately left the Kaedehara Estate without even saying anything.

Akito wanted to find those answers, all because......he wanted to find his true purpose in life.

Until one day, when Akito is walking in a town and he felt something unfamiliar within the village.

He asked one of the villagers and the villager answered.

Villager: On the mountain near this village, there was a shrine built there to house the mountain god that resided there.

Villager: Until one day, when some of the villagers returned, they say that do not come into the shrine once again.

Villager: It baffled everyone, because we offer our prayers in that shrine.

Villager: When asked about what is in the shrine, the villagers who went there said that they swear to keep it a secret, or else they'll be crippled.

Villager: And when one of the villagers attempted to tell the secret of the shrine......

Villager: The villager became crippled as it was impaled by a lot of arrows in the legs.

Villager: And the village began to say that it could be an envoy of the mountain deity that resides in it.

Akito: Hmmmm........arrows being impaled, were they shot from the mountain? If that is so.......then, it could be a demon.