Chapter 19: Recovery

3rd POV.

As Akito fell unconscious, and Kyojuro died, the Kakushi went to the site immediately, and along with them, is a woman with white hair that is tied to a ponytail, wearing warrior clothes, a sheathed sword hanging on her left.

It is none other than Kaedehara Kyouko, Akito's mother.

Why was she there?

Kagaya's crow finally managed to locate her and convince her to help the Demon Slayers in their fight against demons, and also offer protection.

Kyouko accepted the offer, until, when Kyouko felt the wind of her son's despair, she quickly followed the wind's direction, and she met some of the Kakushis along the way.

Meanwhile, the crows delivered the news of Kyojuro's death......

And when it reached Mitsuri......

Mitsuri: Rengoku-san.........

Mitsuri: Wait, what about Akito!? Is he doing fine!?

Mitsuri's Crow: He's unconscious. After he overexerted himself, he was knocked out, his life is not in danger, but his injuries aren't even getting better either.

Mitsuri: Akito......

Mitsuri: I have to hurry!

Back the crash site of the train, Kyouko, along with the Kakushis finally arrived.

They saw the sight of Kyojuro's dead body, the trio crying, Akito unconscious beside Kyojuro.

Kyouko: Please, clear the area, leave Akito to me.

Kakushis: Yes, ma'am!

As the Kakushis decided to check the rest of the area, Kyouko checked upon the trio.

Kyouko: You must be Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke, right?

The trio stopped crying as Akito's mother called them by their name.

Until, their senses kicked in.

Inosuke: What the!? A demon!? It's also powerful!

Tanjiro: A demon's scent! It's too strong! Probably on par with Kibutsuji!

Zenitsu: What the hell is this sound!? It's so intense!

Kyouko: No need to be on guard with me.

Kyouko: Also, I apologize, since my aura is disturbing your senses, it is probably due to my ability.

Tanjiro: Who are you........?

Kyouko: I am Kaedehara Kyouko, Akito's mother.

Inosuke: Wha—

Zenitsu: What!?

Tanjiro: His mother.......?

Until Tanjiro picked up the same scent that is similar to Akito's.

Tanjiro: I see. But what are you doing here?