Chapter 15: A New Mission

3rd POV. Kaedehara Estate.

It's been almost a month since the Mt. Natagumo Incident.

Akito have been watching the training progress of Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke.

Somehow, he was reminded of Suzuki and Masato. Wishing that if the two were still alive.......

But he can't turn back time. For time is not moving backwards, but forward. Always forward.

Akito who is an early riser, is currently meditating on top of the Kaedehara Mansion, opens his eyes and see that sky turning orange.

Akito: The end of the darkness of night.

Akito: I who stands at it's shadow, witnesses the beauty of the rising Sun.

As Akito admires the sunrise, Hayate, lands beside Akito.

Hayate: Akito, here is your new mission.

Akito: What is it?

Hayate: Reports of missing civilians and demon slayers were gathered at the Infinity Train.

Hayate: Over 40 people have gone missing. You have to go west from here.

Hayate: You are to rendezvous with Rengoku Kyojuro.

Akito: I see. So that must be the mission that was given to sensei.

Akito: All right. I'll depart immediately.

Hayate flies off as Akito quickly prepares on his mission. Wearing his uniform and signature haori.

He first went to his father's room, and he is awake. Akito bid his father as he is about to go to a mission.

Hiromitsu replied with a weak smile.

Hiromitsu: May the winds be in your favor, Akito.

Akito: Thank you, Father. Please, take care of yourself.

Hiromitsu: Mm.

Akito immediately departs and head to the direction of the town of the nearest station.

It took him at least a couple of hours and the sun is already up.

Akito: The wind is calm as usual.

He looked around the town and the people blissfully doing their own thing. Parents with their children, vendors selling their goods, people happily chatting.

Akito: Mm.

Akito explored the town and the station, and he finally heard about something that could've been related to his mission.

Apparently, there was a Slasher that got another victim.

But.......

Akito: A slasher? Wait, the wind.....? What? Wait, you got to be kidding me?

Because what Akito heard from the wind just now, the Infinity Train were somehow put out of commission, probably due to the fact that there are already 40 people who had gone missing.