A Shadow Company Tale

Від HerrHornet

In a time of uncertainty and bloodshed, an American warrior steps up and does what he thinks is necessary in... Більше

The Beginning
New Team and Family
The Calm before the Storm
The Villa
The Evacuation
The US is Alone
Welcome to the Company
The Counter-Attack
The Siege of DC
The Siege Continues
The Crow's Nest and Retreat
The Air Cover
We can't hold the White House sir
Secure the breach
Retreat & Final Stand
The Sky is Falling!
Re-union
Re-taking the White House
The Safehouse
The Download
The Aftermath
Unexpected Allies
The Boneyard
Loyalties to the Team
Reassignment
Site Hotel Bravo
Danger Close
River Chase
The Fateful Meeting

The Betrayal

183 2 0
Від HerrHornet

Ghost moved over to Roach and grabbed him by the straps from his kevlar, "I've got you, Roach, hang on! Thunder Two-One, I've popped red smoke in the treeline! Standby to engage on my mark!"

A Littlebird flew in, "Roger that. I have a visual on the red smoke. Standing by."

Ghost continued to drag Roach, "Thunder Two-One, cleared hot!"

"Roger that, cleared hot. Guns, guns guns." The Littlebird opened fire with their miniguns on the advancing hired guns, wiping the majority out.

"Roach, hang in there!" Ghost grabbed him and supported him as the two pairs made it to the Pavelow. Radio chatter from Shepherd's troops crackled as the pairs continued to limp to safety.

"This is Viper 2-6, stand by for rocket attack, over. "

"Uh roger. Hit 'em hard on that hill, make sure they're down."

"Roger, I'm on it, coming around heading 2-5-0. Roger, I got 'em lined up"

"Come on, get up! Get up! Get up! We're almost there!" Ghost continued to push Roach as he looked back, Snow and Angel had collapsed but a few Shadow troops quickly ran over to them and began to evaluate their wounds.

"Gold Eagle's on the ground. Watch for snipers on thermal, over."

Toad and Archer ran to a spot that viewed the LZ, "Alright mate, we're going to make it to them."

Toad finally looked at Archer. "I fuckin' hope so, two of our friends are de-" The shot slammed into Toad's head as Archer looked to the LZ before the shot slammed into him. The next thing he felt was the complete darkness taking over.

"Roger that. All targets destroyed." A Shadow Company soldier spoke.

Two Littlebirds landed nearby, dropping their troops off. "Cover them! Move! Move! Spread out!"

The personnel pushed into the woodline to remove the remaining hired guns. "Go go go!" More gunfire was heard as the troops began to obliterate the stunned mercenaries.

Shepherd stepped out of the Pavelow with the ramp lowered. He approached Ghost and Roach. "Do you have the DSM?"

Ghost nodded his head, "We got it, sir!"

"Good. That's one less loose end." Shepherd reached behind his back as he moved to support Roach. Ghost questioned what Shepherd meant until Shepherd pulled out his .44 magnum and jammed it in Roach's stomach, firing a round.

"NO!" Ghost swung back to raise his ACR looking straight in the face with the barrel of the .44 magnum. Shepherd pulled the trigger without looking at Ghost, keeping his gaze set on the wounded Roach.

Shepherd crouched down, leaning searching through Roach's pockets grabbing the DSM. He motioned two Shadow Company soldiers over as Roach reached out weakly, grabbing the man's wrist as if asking why. Shepherd turned to Roach with a disgusted look and shook his arm off.

"Area sanitized. All targets destroyed."

"Solid copy. No movement detected. 2-6 going into holding pattern."

The two soldiers picked up Roach and threw him in a ditch, soon grabbing the body of Ghost and tossing him into the ditch as well as Ghost's radio went off. "Ghost! Come in, this is Price! We're under attack by Shepherd's men at the boneyard! Soap, hold the left flank! Do not trust Shepherd! I say again, do not trust Shepherd! Soap, get down!-"

Roach's vision went black only to open back up as the soldiers then proceeded to pour gasoline on the two of them. He weakly choked as the gas soaked his face, he rolled his head and watched as they coated Ghost with gasoline. He turned back to Shepherd who took a large puff of a cigarette and flicked the still burning bud onto the pair.

'This is it... This is how I die.' Roach closed his eyes as the fire began to engulf Ghost, the flames coming closer to Roach. "I love you Flora." He muttered as he went limp, accepting his fate.

Flora and Katana continued to run through the brushes as they stopped, finding Toad and Archer both dead. The .44 shot echoed throughout the forest as the two turned to each other. Shepherd had indeed betrayed them. Katana raised her rifle, looking through the clearing to attempt to snipe General Shepherd; however she watched as his Pavelow flew off. A flame caught their attention as Flora peered over the brush, a ditch was on fire. Her eyes widened as she realized there were bodies in the ditch. She saw movement from one of the bodies; it was Roach. Her heart froze as she pushed herself up and immediately broke cover and ran to the ditch.

"No, wait!" Katana shouted as she stretched out her hand to attempt to grab Flora however Flora escaped her grasp.

"Movement in the field, one runner. Permission to engage."

"Negative, dispatching a fireteam to handle. Digress back to base."

"Roger Oxide. Pulling out."

A small team of four emerged from the treeline and pushed out towards Flora who ran desperately over to the fire. She reached the fire, sliding on her knees as she grabbed Roach and pulled him out as the flames began to spread rapidly. She struggled and grunted as his limp body was yanked out of the ditch. She immediately moved her hands down to his wound and began to reach for her medical pouch.

"Flora!" A voice shouted as Katana also broke through the treeline towards her. She looked up to spot four soldiers approaching her, she raised her M4 preparing to fire. "Stay where you are! I don't want any fucking trouble; we're all Americans."

One soldier blinked as if this hit him. The other three laughed and raised their weapons in return. The first looked at Katana then blinked numerous times as another spoke up. "You all are traitors to the US. How dare you side with the Brits who launched a nuke at us?"

"What? I was in DC you fucks, I was there when we fought every inch of the way to take back the White House." Katana angrily began to rant.

"This is about... that?" Flora whispered, confirming the Shadow rumor. Katana immediately swung her weapon on Flora.

"You all did what now?!" She aimed at Flora and Roach. The soldiers grinned and continued to aim at the females.

Finally the last soldier who looked moved by her words raised his weapon back at the females, "You're Disciple One Two's woman right?"

'Disciple One Two? Whoever he is will be getting us out of here.' "Yes. I am his... girlfriend." She felt regret as if she betrayed Arrow without realizing Arrow was One Two.

He blinked and snapped on his men and pulled the trigger, striking all three of them rather quickly. He turned back to the stunned females. "Go. Head southeast. Avoid all main roads and towns for the next five miles."

"I should trust you because?" She kept her weapon steady on the man.

"Other than killing my own soldiers to keep you alive because I respect your boyfriend for the work he did at the White House?"

'Disciple One Two was at the White House? I need to find him then.'

"Where..."

"He's not here. He won't be here after that bloodbath. He'll find you though, he always finds people." The soldier turned around and ran back to the mansion. Katana kept her weapon trained until Flora continued to make movement noises.

She glanced over and lowered her weapon to help Flora apply aid to Roach's wounds. "We need to move now once he's stabilized."

"Y-yeah."

"Listen, I'm not going to fucking die out here. Get your shit together Flora." Flora nodded, still deeply concerned and looked back to Roach as her eyes began to wetten.

The two began to work together and patch Roach up as Katana nodded and both picked Roach up. Katana continued to scan her sectors as Ivy focused on keeping Roach conscious with the trio.

"Hey Roach, stay with us."

He grunted as his wound was quite severe, barely on the threshold of consciousness. Ivy looked over at Katana, "So... why did he let us go exactly?"

"Why did you nuke our capital?"

"I... didn't. Price did but it was to set off an EMP to destroy Russian airpower."

Roach grunted, "Oh fuck this hurts."

"Roach, be silent, save your strength dude." Katana shook her head as the pair continued to carry Roach. "I don't know the answer for you exactly Flora. Somehow... this Disciple One Two guy was where I fought for and almost died at. I want to know who specifically he is."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

199K 5.2K 39
From a young age your father forced you into a life filled with death and destruction, turning you into a ruthless killing machine as an Al-Qatala so...
11.6K 294 41
Kimberly had lived a rough childhood. Her only goal was to impress her father by following in his footsteps, but with the scars from war - he did eve...
93.9K 2.6K 20
18+ | contains smut, emotional/psychological abuse, canon-typical violence | please read the first chapter for more information After a mission that...
75.3K 2.5K 16
This is a slow burn, enemies to lovers fanfiction. I hope you enjoy :) You are chosen as the right-hand man to General Hodges who oversees an America...