my step-brother's best friend...

By hugsfromziam

Young Liam Payne was left as an orphan at a young age and was forced into an orphanage, little did he know wa... More

My Step-Brother's Best Friend (a Ziam boyxboy Fan Fiction)
Chapter One
Memory One
Chapter Two
Memory Two
Chapter Three
Memory Three
Chapter Four
Memory Four
Chapter Five
Memory Five + Chapter Six
Memory Six + Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Memory Seven
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Memory Eight
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Memory Nine
Chapter Fifteen
Memory Ten
Memory Eleven + Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen

35.4K 1K 719
By hugsfromziam

Chapter Fourteen

We were back home and the car ride was awfully quiet, in the middle of it I had receive a message from Logan saying Taylor was fine it read,

From: Logan

Hey, m8, how are you? Just letting you now, that Taylor is absolutely fine so don’t worry about him. We took him to the doc and he said that he’s fine aside from his black eye. C’ya!

You don’t know how relieved I was when I received the text because usually Zayn’s aggressive punches left various ugly scars, but since he’s been so relaxed lately I suppose his anger issues have died down a bit. I was still slightly ticked off by the fact that he can’t control his jealousy or just his anger itself, but I suppose he can’t help it.

When we finally got home after the thousand hour road trip, I went up to my room to put all my clothes away and put the dirty ones in the washing machine. As I was putting my clothes to clean Zayn came up to me.

“Hey, Liam, um… Can I talk with you?” Zayn asked.

I looked up from the washing machine and into his eyes which I haven’t looked at in a while. The last time we had interacted was the time I told him I loved him… I bit my lip and nodded.

We walked outside to the backyard and sat in the porch steps, “Look, I’m… I’m so sorry…”

I looked up at him and saw the sincerity in his eyes, I smiled encouringly at him.

“I-I… You… You know that this happens sometimes. There are things that trigger it at times. I don’t know if Harry told you this, but while I was in Bradford I was getting some help and it worked, it did, honestly,” Zayn said weakly, “But… I can’t help it sometimes… There are just things that randomly trigger it,”

I grabbed Zayn’s muscular arm and leaned my head against it, “It’s okay, babe,”

“No, it’s not,” He growled under his breath, “I hate it,”

I looked up at Zayn as he looked into the distance, his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw clenched, “Zayn, it’s okay, today I received a message from one of the boy’s whose friends with Taylor and he’s okay,”

“No he’s not,” Zayn denied.

“What do you mean? Yes, he is,” I insisted.

“No… he’s… not… Liam,” Zayn growled, “You damn sure know how bad I fuck up people,”

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, “Zayn, babe,” I turned around and sat on his legs and straddled him. My hands went to his neck as I played with the hair trying to calm him down, “Look, Zayn, it worked. Everything at Bradford worked, you’re good. You barely did any harm to him. I promise you, I wouldn’t lie to you and you know it,” I kissed his forehead and mumbled, “I promise,”

Zayn looked at me hesitantly, “Promise?”

I smiled lovingly, “Promise,”

Zayn’s hands went to my back, “I still want to make it up to you, though,”

I smirked, “Oh really?”

Zayn nodded and winked at me, “Yes, really,”

I looked at him curiously, “How?”

“You’ll see,” Zayn winked at me and pulled me off, “Follow me,”

After hours of debating, I finally let Zayn take my car so he could surprise me to wherever he was taking me to ‘make it up to me.’ I was anxious, but excited. I mean I don’t think we’ve ever been on a real date… We’ve had plenty of romantic moments, but not an official, real date, so I didn’t know what to expect.

In the car, I was looking around intently at everything outside the window trying to get clues of where the hell we were going. Then, it all clicked in we were going to the outskirts of town. This may sound slightly creepy, but it was summer which meant the fair was coming to town. I looked at Zayn with a massive smile in my face, I loved the summer fair!

“YES!” I squealed in happiness.

Zayn looked at me and grabbed my hand placing it in between the seats, “Let me guess, you figured it out?”

I nodded over excitedly, “Yes!”

Zayn smiled, “You still love the fair, just like you did before I left,”

I looked at him smiling lightly and mumbled, “You remembered?” I blushed and bit my lip, looking down; he remembered such a small detail about me. I had always loved the fair, it was my favorite part of summer. Sadly, they only stayed in town for one week, so I always tried to make the best out of it.

“Yes, of course I remembered, all those times you would beg Harry to take you to the fair and when he would say no you would beg me or the other boys,” Zayn smiled.

I finished the story, “…And then when I asked you, you would agree and take me…”

Zayn looked away for a split second from the road and looked at me smiling lovingly, “Then, I would buy you cotton candy,”

“And make me laugh when you bumped into yourself in the house of mirrors,” I chuckled.

Zayn snorted, “Hah, I remember that!”

I smiled and fiddled with his fingers, I couldn’t wrap my mind around him remembering all of those moments that I cherished so much.

When we got to the fair, there were little kids, parents and teenagers screaming all around the place. I loved the fair for exactly this reason, the vibe was so amazing. It just radiated pure happiness and love which is what I wanna feel every day, which is why this week every year in summer was my favorite week. I got to experience this vibe whenever I came.

“So, where to first?” Zayn asked never letting go of my hand.

“The Ring of Fire!” I said a smile exploding in my face.

Zayn’s face mirrored the exact opposite, “…Liam…”

“I know, I know, it’s not exactly a roller coaster-”

Zayn interrupted, “It’s a thousand times worse!”

I stopped in my tracks and Zayn did the same. I stood in front of him and let go of his hand replacing my hands in his cheeks. His hands going onto my waist.

“Zayn, baby, do you trust me?” I looked at him from eye to eye. My knees shaking because his eyes made me feel so weak.

Zayn clenched his jaw and his grip on my waist tightened. He hesitantly nodded quietly.

“Then, trust me in this one, I promise that if we both come out alive I will pay for the cotton candy,”

“But…” Zayn sighed, “But…”

“What is it that worries you about The Ring of Fire?”

The Ring of Fire is this ‘roller coaster’ that is shaped as a circle. It’s just a circle, one circle. Zayn being the cutie pie that he is terrified of roller coasters, The Ring of Fire being no exception. But, all the ride does is go around in a circle and stop in the top leaving the passengers facing down for five to ten seconds and then going in reverse and stopping back again in the top for five more seconds and then going straight instead of reverse. It was a ride that made you feel alive… I don’t know I loved it!

“What scares me,” Zayn’s voice sounded extremely innocent and adorable and small, “Is that they build those rides over night! What if something goes wrong and you stay in the top forever! Or even worse, what if it breaks and you fall and die! What if the safety thingy seatbelt whatever it is makes you fall and die!”

I squeezed Zayn’s shoulders and smiled at him, “Babe, it’ll be alright, I promise,”

Zayn took a deep breath and nodded, “Okay, fine, only for you,”

After the what seemed like million hour line, we finally got into the ride, we sat in the middle because Zayn didn’t want to sit in the front. Zayn placed his safety belt on and grabbed a guy who worked to make sure it was well placed and also made the guy check mine as well.

“Please hold my hand Liam,” Zayn said sounding small.

“Of course,” I smiled at him and placed my fingers in between his. His grip on my hand wasn’t as loose as it always is when he holds my hand, this time it was harsh and tight he was terrified, poor baby.

“Liam… can we please get off, I don’t want to do this anymore, Liam, please!” Zayn begged.

I was about to reply when the ride begun. It started off nice and slow rocking you back and forth in the circle, then when it went higher into the circle and back, higher into the circle and back.

“Liam,” Zayn whimpered.

I squeezed his hand, “It’s okay, babe,”

It was nice having the upper hand for once. Zayn seemed so small, it was so adorable!

“It’s going to go up soon right,” Zayn said quietly.

I looked at him over the safety belt and nodded.

The ride went to the top and then rocked you back in reverse to the top, and then it repeated.

I had the ride memorized, when I was 10 I rode it over six times I didn’t even mind that I stood there for hours in line. I loved it! I loved the feeling it gave you!

“Here we go!” I yelled to everyone in the ride.

When we were back down, the ride went on to full speed, doing the rocking back and forth to full speed. Then, when it went to the top of the ring it stopped. Everyone in the ride was yelling and screaming. I peeked over at Zayn whose grip on my hand was tighter than ever. I felt like he was going to rip my knuckles off. His eyes were closed and his face was tightened. He was terrified.

Suddenly, the ride went back and did the same thing once again, Zayn’s facial expression, staying the same.

“Zayn open your eyes,”

“Never,”

I shook my head and yelled along with everyone in the ride. Then, the ride went back and it was over.

“You’re alive babe,” I said.

Zayn let out a massive gasp of air he was probably holding in throughout the ride, “Praise the Lord, hallelujah!”

I shook my head and took him by the hand away from the ride.

“Now, where’s the cotton candy?” Zayn asked, mockingly.

“You little demon,” I laughed shaking my head.

“Here I’ll go get it,” I said taking out my money.

“No, I’ll get it stay here,” Zayn said grabbing my money, “Blue right?”

My lips turned into a small smile and I nodded. He remembered

Waiting for Zayn, I heard some very loud snickering behind me, it didn’t sound like girls, and it sounded more like guys. I was so tempted to look back.

“I think his name is Liam,” One of the guys whispered loud enough for me to hear.

“No, is it?” The other said.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure,” Another deep voice said.

“Liam!” I heard the first guy say.

I took a deep breath and turned around, “Yes?”

“You’re that adopted freak, right?”

I bit my lip, my fist clenching and unclenching, “What. Did. You. Say?”

I haven’t been called that since middle school and I hated the sound of it going through my ears. I knew that if I got angrier, my anger would turn into tears. That’s how it always is with me and I hated it.

“Adopted freak. That is a wanna be from the Styles family?” Another one of them said.

I’ll admit it, I was slightly intimidated. These boys were seniors with me last year. They had also graduated High School with me. They were the ‘jocks’ also known as the most muscular and buff guys in school. Two of them played football and the other wrestled. Their shoulders were broad and their arms were massively rounded. Underneath those shirts there was probably a twelve-pack and of course that is extremely intimidating.

“Not only are you adopted now, but you’re also a fag?” The one who wrestles said, “That’s pathetic, man,”

“I thought you could do better, trying to step away from your adopted freak reputation,” The first one and biggest retorted.

“But, instead you do worse…” The other footballer said.

I heard someone stomp behind me. Zayn, of course, causing yet another scene.

When Zayn stomped in front of me, I pulled his shirt and dragged him to my side hissing, “Don’t you fucking dare, not today. This is supposed to be the best date ever,”

Zayn took a shaky, angry breath and nodded, “Fine,”

“Oh, hey, if it isn’t little miss prince charming coming to the rescue,” The wrestler said bitterly.

Zayn bit his lip his fists clenching and unclenching, “Shut the fuck up,”

One of them cocked their head to the side smiling mockingly, “Does Styles even know about this little fag relationship?”

Zayn’s eyes squinted and were being hidden by his furrowed eyebrows.

“I’m guessing he doesn’t,” The one who started this all by calling my name said.

“What the fuck is your problem, what do you want?” Zayn said dropping his cotton candy attempting to go at them, but my grip on his shirt not letting him.

“What do I want? Oh, nothing…”

Zayn shook his head, “Then, why the fuck start something then, you dumb ass?”

The same guy shrugged, “Oh, I just want some spark in these boring summer days,”

“You want a spark? How about you find yourself another fuck buddy to attempt to find a spark with and then when you don’t leave them planted on the floor and to cry because you don’t give a fuck and you think you’re too cool?” Zayn growled.

“You’re no better,” The jock roared, “I’m guessing Liam is just your little go-back-to. I’m guessing you fucked more than a thousand girls in Bradford and came back to Liam because no one would fuck you here, since you already fucked the entire female population here!”

Well that hurt…I looked down at my shoes my heart throbbing.

“See, even the little adopted freak knows it’s true!” The guy said pointing me out.

I knew Zayn was looking at me, but I didn’t dare look up.

“Liam…” Zayn said.

I bit my lip and let go of his shirt running away; away from him. I can’t believe I opened up to him. I knew deep down that all that dumb jock said was true. I had seen it with my own eyes. Every day during high school before he left he would fuck more than a million girls. He was just like I knew he was. But, my dumb emotions got in the way and crossed all of that out. Making it seem as if I had never observed that. He would always take a girl up to Harry’s room at every party. Of course, it would be no different in Bradford…

I ran to the sides of the fair where barely anyone was. I didn’t dare leave the fair because I wanted to catch sight of the fireworks so I just stayed hidden. I didn’t want to see Zayn or hear from him. I thought this date would be a great first date, but of course reality had to come and punch me in the face.

The tears wouldn’t stop coming no matter what I did. Those little fuckers ruined my night. I sobbed uncontrollably wiping my tears forcefully with the palm of my hand. I leaned against the fence that separated the fair from the outskirts of town. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them letting my pants soak up all my tears as I waited for the fireworks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Woahhhh, this is eight pages on Word ;o Well, here you have an extra long update because I took like a lifetime updating. Anyways, I don't think I thank you guys enough for reading my storyyy. So, graciassss, thank youuu, and 1301 other languages of thank youuu. So, yesss I love you guys so muchhh. Thanks for readinggg and I hoped you like this chapterrr. Pleaseee, go read my short Zarry story "Saving Harry" it's only three parts longgg. Please, check it outtt it's completed and everythinggg. :) Also, I'd appreciate it if you checked out my joint wattpad which is;; mayiandziam :) Soo, next parttt is your choice, comment below if you want the next part to be a memory orrrr a chapterr. :) Majority winsss. :) Okay bye c'ya on the next updateee love youuu guysss soooo much. ♥ The picture to the side is "The Ring of Fire." ((My favorite ride in the fairrr tbh))

Dedicated to: 1DGarcia3 bc your comment made me happyyy. c:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
60.5K 1.6K 11
Liam gets a new step brother. Zayn, being the bad boy he is, makes a bad impression on Liam. Liam just wants to get to know his brother, not be scare...
73.5K 3.8K 27
Zayn Malik is a lost soul. He has been told all his life he is nothing and has forgotten all about happiness. So when he loves a boy that he knows wi...
136K 7.4K 26
Niall Horan was a normal 15 year old boy. He was on the football team and had tons of friends. But, all of that changes for him when he's walking hom...