Young Lies

By pradabagg

After being offered the scholarship of a lifetime, Catalina Faye starts her journey at Las Flores Private Sch... More

important <3
character aesthetics
1 β₯ welcome to las flores, bitch!
2 β₯ the phoenix with broken wings
3 β₯ i don't tutor dickheads
4 β₯ just a disappointment
5 β₯ little miss perfect
6 β₯ we all have are scars
7 β₯ dress to impress
8 β₯ sealed with a kiss
9 β₯ big girls don't cry
10 β₯ i'll tell you my secret, if you tell me yours
11 β₯ lyrics and lies
12 β₯ apologies and almost hookups
13 β₯ the disaster date
introducing "new" characters
14 β₯ devil in disguise
15 β₯ daddy issues
16 β₯ mystery man
17 β₯ the other mitchell
18 β₯ looking for asher
19 β₯ brotherly love
20 β₯ "alex"
21 β₯ cupcakes and cock blocks
22 β₯ surprise!
23 β₯ everyone knows
25 β₯ who the fuck is dr.moore?
26 β₯ the truth always comes out
27 β₯ puppy love
28 β₯ axton mitchell...apologizing?
29 β₯ getting the girl
30 β₯ tease
31 β₯ doubt
32 β₯ let's do this
33 β₯ a new tradition
34 β₯ a mother's love
35 β₯ mile-high club
36 β₯ aloha mother fuckers!
37 β₯ september 15, 2019
38 β₯ playing her game
39 β₯ goodbye jackson, hello axton
40 β₯ adventures behind the waterfall
41 β₯ french asshole
42 β₯ confessions
43 β₯ new year and new beginnings
44 β₯ 21 questions
45 β₯ the flash-drive pt.1
46 β₯ the flash-drive pt.2
47 β₯ reality fucking sucks
48 β₯ confrontation
49 β₯ the princess and prince charming
50 β₯ another new girl
51 β₯ can we start over...as friends?
52 β₯ making amends
53 β₯ one secret ruined everything
54 β₯ the redo date
55 β₯ face to face
56 β₯ grayson hart
57 β₯ a forbidden romance
58 β₯ three broken hearts
59 β₯ sometimes...you just can't take it anymore
60 β₯ i can't watch you get hurt
61 β₯ mommy dearest
62 β₯ talking things through
63 β₯ revelations
64 β₯ birthdays and big reveals
65 β₯ the worst kind of betrayal
66 β₯ he loved me?
67 β₯ back to bad habits
68 β₯ breaking down
69 β₯ i can't imagine my life without you
70 β₯ a deal with the phoenix
71 β₯ what the fuck!
72 β₯ the future
73 β₯ we need to talk
74 β₯ he needs to be stopped
75 β₯ the end of one chapter and the beginning of another
76 β₯ i'm sorry
77 β₯ you and me against the world
78 β₯ the next step
79 β₯ epilogue pt.1
80 β₯ epilogue pt.2
goodbye <3
answering questions + surprise! + other

24 β₯ show time

6.4K 133 80
By pradabagg

Well, well, well...we have officially made it!

To midterms week.

Ew.

One of the most stressful times of the year for any high school student, including myself.

Oh, and let's not forget my recital...WHICH IS TONIGHT!

"Lina will you please stop tapping your foot!" Arya whisper-yells.

"Oh shit, my bad," I mumble.

We're all currently in first period taking our midterm and I may or may not have forgotten to study for it.

I ended up staying here until 11 o'clock last night to work on any last-minute preparations for the play tonight.

Ever since I found out that a Julliard scout will be at the play, my mind has been all over the place.

"All right class, 5 more minutes!" My teacher announces.

What?!

Shit! I still have 30 questions left!

I quickly rid my mind of any stress regarding the play and finally focus on my exam.

Thank fucking god this test is multiple choice otherwise, I will actually fail.

I begin skimming through the questions and circling "C" for any of the questions I don't know the answers to.

"Alright class, time's up!" My teacher announces as she begins walking through the aisles to collect the test off our desk.

"That was fucking horrible." Jesse sighs.

"It honestly was." Arya agrees.

"What?! Arya!!" Asher groans.

"What?" She asks.

"You're the smartest in the group! If the test was hard for you then that means we all failed." He explains.

"Shit, you're right." Xander gasps.

"Oh my god shut up! Just because I wasn't super confident doesn't mean I failed plus Asher you're just as smart as I am!" Arya laughs.

"How about you Lina?" Jesse asks.

"Oh uhh, I don't think I did well."

"Great! I guess we all failed." Lili sighs as she slouches down on her chair.

"So Lina, are you excited for tonight?" Xander asks.

"Uh yeah, just super nervous."

"Don't worry girl, you got this. Plus, we'll all be there to support you!" Arya says.

"What? You're all gonna be there?" I start to freak out.

"Of course we are! We're your biggest fans!" She laughs while I just put on my best fake smile.

It's not that I'm not happy that they're coming but this just means I have to impress more people which adds more pressure.

The bell rings and we all begin to make our way out of the classroom and towards the lunchroom but I stop once I feel someone grab my elbow.

"Can we talk? Please?" Asher asks, his voice low and his eyes staring down at the floor.

Is he...nervous?

"Yeah, sure," I say before he leads us out towards the bleachers.

Truth is, Asher and I haven't really spoken since our disaster dinner. After everything that happened in the hospital, I decided to stop holding a grudge because I realized that he's going through a lot right now.

I met his sister while we all went to visit him in the hospital and she's one of the sweetest people I've ever met. She told me that Asher told her about our "date" and she explained how the anniversary of their mother's death is coming up. She said that he tends to lose his cool during this time of the year and that he absolutely despises Christmas.

As someone who lost their mom too, I can relate to him, and seeing him all cut up and bruised sitting in that hospital bed, I decided to let go of the anger that I had towards him.

"How are you?" I ask as we take a seat on the bleachers.

"Oh- uh I'm okay. You?"

"Asher...how are you?" I ask again.

"Healing...I guess." He sighs as he slowly lifts his shirt to show his dark purple and greenish bruises all over his abs. I gently place my fingers on the bruises and cuts and feel his stare as I begin to move my hand away.

"Look Ash, I just want you to know that I'm not upset anymore, I-"

"You should be." He cuts me off.

"I made a big deal, we aren't even together and I made it look like you cheated on me. You're allowed to do whatever you want." I explain.

"Yeah but I kissed you at the dance and that's basically me telling you I like you. I just want you to know that I am serious about you and you only." He says while holding both my hands.

"Who is she to you?"

"She's my ex."

That's the psycho ex?!

"Oh," I mumble.

"Truth is, we have hooked up a lot since we have broken up. We were together for so long and I guess a part of me never wanted to let her go. A few months ago I told her that I didn't want to see her anymore and we got into this huge fight, she didn't take it well and moved away. After we kissed at the dance, I saw her standing there and that's why I was such a dick to you, it sucks because it feels as if she still has some sort of chokehold on me. Yes, sadly I did hook up with her after the party, but she was lying when she said 'all weekend', it just happened once and then I passed out because I was too drunk. The next morning I woke up and immediately left her house. That's all that happened. I am so sorry Lina." He explains, never breaking eye contact with me.

Jeez, this bitch is a literal psycho.

"I forgive you, Ash." I smile up at him and I watch as he leans in.

There's no way he thinks it's gonna be that easy.

I quickly turn my head to the side and feel his lips touch my cheek.

"I forgive you Ash but, you need to figure out all your problems with Madison. When you do, you know where to find me." I wink before heading down the steps and towards the lunchroom.

Thank god that's over, now it's time to focus on what's important.

----------5 hours before the show----------

"Miss Faye, you're still falling out of your turns at the end!" Miss Carter yells at me.

"I'm sorry, I'll go again," I mumble before rewinding the music and picking up where I left off.

Fuck! I fell again!

What the fuck is wrong with me! I usually have no problem with my turns but right now it looks as if I've been doing ballet for a week.

I was totally fine yesterday and now I just wanna run home and eat chocolate until I die.

"Miss Faye...why don't you go take a water break." Miss Carter suggests, her voice soft and a small, kind smile plastered onto her face.

"I'm fine," I mutter before going back to my phone and rewinding my music.

"Lina, I agree. Go drink some water and calm down." Cassie says.

"I'm fine."

"Lina..."

"I SAID I'M FINE!" I yell.

"Miss Faye, go take a break. That's an order!" Miss Carter yells.

I groan before I snatch my water from the floor and storm off into the hallway.

I don't get it! The last time I was this nervous about a performance, it was for my scholarship.

"Miss Faye, can we talk?" I look up and see Miss Carter leaning against the wall right next to me.

"Yeah," I say before taking a large swig of my water.

I watch her make her way over to me and sit next to me on the floor.

"What's wrong Catalina?"

"I don't know! I'm usually great under pressure but it's almost like I forgot everything that has to do with ballet." I sigh while burying my head in my hands.

"It's normal to be nervous Lina, especially since this is your first recital and it happens to be in front of a Julliard scout."

"Yeah...I'm just- I'm scared." I whisper the last part.

"And that's normal honey. It's okay to be scared, fear should be what pushes you to perform your very best."

"Lina, you are by far the most talented dancer in that room, I gave you the role of the sugar plum fairy for a reason. You push yourself to the point of perfection, you're kind to everyone around you, and you always put 100% into whatever I give you to do. Give yourself some damn credit." She laughs.

"Wow, thank you, Miss C."

Jeez, I never realized how much I needed to hear that until now.

All my life, I've always placed myself at a certain standard because I wanted to be as great as my mom.

I don't want to let her down.

"Now, shall we head back in?" She asks.

"Yep." I laugh before we make our way inside.

----------1 hour before the show----------

"1 hour everyone!" Miss Carter yells.

Things are going completely crazy right now.

People are running from room to room with different costumes, girls are trying to do their hair and makeup at the same time, the band is doing one last soundcheck, and some people are still memorizing their lines.

I'm currently standing in the one area of the room that isn't crowded with people doing some last-minute stretches.

"There's my favorite girl." I turn around and see my dad approaching me with a large smile on his face.

"Dad! What are you doing here?" I run up to him and give him a tight hug.

"I needed to come see you before you go on."

"Awwww"

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, just nervous."

"Why baby?"

"Oh I don't know maybe because there's a Julliard scout out there watching me and 5 other dancers to see if one of us is worthy for a scholarship...and I don't wanna let mom down." I blurt.

"Catalina Olivia Faye, if your mother were here right now she would be squeezing the life out of you because she would be so proud. Julliard was also her dream and seeing her daughter fulfill a goal she didn't get to, she would be more than proud. She'd be ecstatic." He laughs before pulling me into another hug and kissing me on the forehead.

Oh lord, here come the tears.

"I love you pops."

"I love you more Cat."

"Oh, I have some news to share with you after the play." My dad says as he begins to walk away.

"Can't you tell me now?"

"Nope." He turns around and walks away.

Ughhh I hate him.

No, I don't, but I hate waiting.

"You ready to kick some ass?" Cassie yells right into my ear.

"Yep and thank you for blowing out my eardrum." I laugh.

"Oops, my bad."

"Seniors, this way please!" Miss C calls.

The six of us make our way over to her.

She looks beautiful, she's wearing a black dress that fits her body nicely and her makeup looks so natural.

"Okay ladies and Michael, you know how important tonight is, I just want you guys to give it your all. Forget about the Julliard scout, forget about the crowd, forget about everything...except the routine of course. Just do your best and have fun because that's what dance is all about." She says.

I don't know if she's watched some videos or something but her pep talks have gotten A LOT better.

"10 MINUTES!" Someone yells.

fuck. Fuck. FUCK!

Deep breaths Lina, deep breaths.

I step away from the group, take some breaths, and pray that everything goes as planned.

"Miss Faye!" I look up at Miss Carter.

"Yeah?" She walks up to me and touches my arm soothingly.

"Good luck sweetheart and remember, breathe." She whispers before walking away.

Right...breathe Lina.

"2 MINUTES!"

"Let's fucking do this!" Cassie cheers.

"You are way too hyped." I laugh.

"Hey, I rather be hyped than stressed." She says.

She's right, no more stressing Lina.

"60 SECONDS!"

"Hey, we got this." Cassie soothes.

I can barely breathe properly so I just nod my head.

I feel like I'm about to fucking throw up.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"SHOW TIME!"

As Cassie said, "'Let's fucking do this!'"

----------After the show----------

"Holy shit Lina! You crushed it!" Arya yells as she and all my friends run over and give me a big hug. Each of them had brought a bouquet of flowers to me so now my hands are full.

"Thank you, guys!" I laugh.

"Ash, do you think it's too late to sign up for ballet?" Alyssa asks her brother.

"I don't think you'd like it." He replies.

"I meant for you." She says which causes everyone to laugh.

"Have you guys seen my dad?" I ask while trying to scan the theater to see if I could spot him.

"I think I saw him head into the hallway," Jesse says.

We all continue talking about the play and make our way into the hallway, as I walk, many of my classmates and teachers give me compliments or high fives.

"Catalina Faye?" A voice asks.

I turn around and come face to face with a very intimidating woman.

"That's me."

"My name is Christina Cox, I work with Julliard admissions."

I hear some of my friends gasp behind me and I just stand there frozen.

"Miss Faye, your performance was exceptional. Your form was near perfection and the emotions you displayed were impeccable." She continues.

"Oh- wow um thank you so much."

"Here's my card. Call me next week and we'll book you an audition." She reaches into her binder, pulls out a card, and hands it to me.

"Thank you!" She walks away and I quickly turn to my friends.

"YEAH LINA!!!" Xander yells.

I watch as he and Ash approach me and throw me on top of their shoulders.

Holy shit, now I know what it feels like to be a fucking giant.

"LINA!"

"LINA!"

"LINA!"

My friends chant while walking around the hallway with me still sitting on their shoulders.

My laughing immediately dies down once I notice my dad walk out of a classroom with a woman.

I squint my eyes to get a better look at the woman and-

MISS CARTER?!

----------Author's Note----------

Plot fucking twist.

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

-Pradabagg

Word Count: 2226

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 890 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
4.1K 138 107
***** Emma Pear definitely wasn't the most popular girl in her high school she was far from it most people would call her a nerd she got good grades...
2.1K 227 50
Misty Gates - she's smart, nice, and a goody-two-shoes. Constantly treated as an outsider, she struggles to fit in. Then there's Rick Hastings - a f...
65.2K 1.8K 29
Liana Mill. 17, neighbors with the bad boy (player) and has a boyfriend on the football team. Jason Civil is 18, neighbors with the some what popular...