Gambit (Obsessions in Overdri...

By MarcelinePierson

Previously known as The Accident --------- She is beautiful. So fucking beautiful. She is a star and I would... More

Introduction
Aesthetics
Playlist
Prologue | Intro
One | girl in new york
Two | Reflections
Three | Chance With You
Four | 4u
Five | Friends
Six | Beauty
Seven | girl in new york
Eight | Escapism
Nine | Only Ones Who Know
Ten | love race
Eleven | I Had To
Eleven | Sweater Weather
Twelve | Meddle About
Thirteen | Flawless
Fourteen | HAPPY
Sixteen | Daddy Issues
Seventeen | Daylight
Eighteen | You Are the Right One
Nineteen | It's My Birthday
Twenty | my heart is lost
Twenty - one | Gilded Lily
Twenty - two | atlas
Twenty - three | Play Pretend
Twenty - four | Orange Juice
Twenty - five | What a Feeling
Twenty - six | me & ur ghost
Twenty - seven | Colors
Twenty - eight | Chrome Hearted
Twenty - nine | shut up & kiss me
Thirty | dying on the inside
Thirty - one | Thnks fr the Mmrs
Thirty - two | Weekend Friend
Thirty - three | American Money
Thirty - four | Desi Boyz
Thirty - five | Love Me
Thirty - six | Falling Down
Thirty - seven | Wanting
Thirty - eight | Cars, Clothes & Calories
Thirty - nine | We Own It
Forty | Love Like You
Forty-one | Slow Love
Forty - two | THE DEATH OF PEACE OF MIND
Forty - three | Drive You Insane
Forty - four | dear god
Forty - five | Avalanche
Forty - six | bad decisions
Forty - seven | Can't Imagine
Forty - eight | Into The Dark
Forty - nine | SKINNY

Fifteen | Leaving Tonight

2K 55 32
By MarcelinePierson

I am waiting outside on one of the benches. The rain has slowed down ever since she went inside. There are a lot of weird people outside. I saw one guy buying drugs and let's just say I was tempted into buying some myself. I did not end up doing it, though.

I really hope that they called the wrong Naese because she will not be able to handle that. Especially after thinking he is dead for god knows how long, her entire childhood? He should just stay dead or even play dead if he has too, not in a mean way, but in a better for her mental health way. If that makes sense.

"Have you ever got a girl pregnant?" Some weirdo sitting on the bench beside me asks. He look's younger then me maybe he's in his late teens. He also looks like he is stoned. His eyes are red and he looks stressed. "Hmh?" I don't think I heard this guy right.

"No? Well I fucking did." Great, thanks for letting me know weird stoned looking guy. From the corner of my eye I see Indra walking out of the hospital. Her cheeks are stained with tears and I immediately stand up. She instantly runs into my arms which I was not expecting. What do I do?

She is crying. Listening to her rips me apart and not even knowing what to do makes it worst. She pulls away from me and looks directly into my eyes. "I have to go to Seattle to see my mom." What?

"Well hello there." The weird stoner guy says. He is shorter then me and still super weird. Her tears have stopped, but she still looks sad and confused at the same time which is confusing me. "Who is this guy?"

"Weird stoner guy who is having a baby." I respond honestly. What do you expect to say? This is my friend of 13 years and his name is Bradley, did I mention that he is having a baby and he is 100% stoned at this moment.

I should get a friend named Bradley.

"Sucks for him." Indra's emotions are the worlds most confusing thing. If you thought high school math was confusing wait until you meet this girl. One moment she is crying next she is talking normally. When she broke up with Ethan it did not even take her five minutes to get over him. What happens when we have to end our fake-dating?

"Yeah it does." The weird stoner dude sighs. Who invited this dude? Why is he talking to us?

"I have to go to Seattle." She says before walking away. I just follow behind her like a lost puppy. "What about your dad? Is he in there?" I ask her.

"Yep." She reply's unhappily. Okay there could be a possibility that he just died now. If he is alive I might have to go in there and kill him myself. I could use the body count because my actual body count is low. And by low I mean 0.

"And?" I ask her. She does not stop and the rain starts again. The weird stoner guy is following us as well. 

"He is not dead." I have to go inside and kill him I guess. "So why are we going to Seattle." She finally stops in her tracks. She turns around so she is facing weird stoner guy and I. "You mean me." Her eyebrows furrow. Does she think I am joking?

I look down at her with a smirk. "I am going wherever you go. So no, I mean we." She does not look away from me. I feel like right now, we are a lot closer than I could even imagine.

From the fake-dating to this shit, I just really hope that she knows she can trust me and know that I will always be there for her. And I fucking mean it.

None of us have spoken, but it is a very comfortable silence. "Can I come with?" Thanks for ruining the moment weird stoner guy. Really needed that.

"No." We both reply at the same time. She snaps out of her universe and says. "Can we just hurry the fuck up."

She walks away from me again. "Do not get her pregnant." Weird stoner guy says taking a step forward so he is standing right beside me. I just scoff and walk away from him so I am following her again.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Turns out Indra always had money saved up for emergency travel. She told me that ever since she moved to New York that she saved the money whenever she needed to go back to Seattle if one of her family members got sick or any other emergency. I offered to pay for her ticket, but she refused.

I do not even know how long we will be staying. I called a hotel near her mom's house for me and they gave me any room that was available due to such an unexpected booking.

The flight is in two hours. I packed my backpack. There is not much just a few changes of clothes, my toiletries and some clothes to sleep in. And of course I brought my passport and few other important documents.

I am over now by Indra. Well, I am actually waiting outside her dorm trying to build up the courage and knock. I am not scared of Indra just scared of Catherine. I swear that girl is after me. She is awfully nice to me and it is terrifying. This all happened after Indra and I started fake-dating and after Ethan and Catherine so called, "broke it off."

I finally knock and not even a second later this blonde chick opens the door. I do not say anything. I look behind her and I see Indra stressing as she looks at her computer screen, the receipt for her plane ticket to Seattle on full display. "Can I?" I ask Catherine for permission to enter. She just rolls her eyes and allows me to walk past her.

As soon as I come around the corner to face Indra's side of the room I raise my eyebrows at the sight in front of me. It looks like a tornado hit her room.

She has piles of clothes everywhere, some folded neatly and others discarded messily. She however is in front of her desk that her dorm provides.

I know I should not be here. I should not be going to Seattle especially since my finals are in April and I graduate in May. Travelling across the other side of the country for a little while won't hurt my final marks. I hope.

Ethan does not even know I am not going to be at the apartment, I doubt he would notice.

She closes her laptop when she see's me and goes to her closet, grabbing a few more clothes. I see one of those clothing being the hoodie I gave her a couple of months ago and that brings a smile to my face.

"Does your mom know that we are coming?" I ask her. She zips up her bag and grabs a few more stuff. "Nope." We are just showing up to Seattle! I might reconsider going there.

Nope, Luke. You are going for her. You have to be there for her when she confront her mom. I have never met her mom and this might not be the best first impression, but I am going for Indra.

She grabs her bag and unplugs her phone before she walks out. "Let's go." Her voice is high pitched and is always like that when she is anxious. "Where are you going?" Catherine asks. Did she not hear me asking Indra questions? Not once in my entire life have I wanted to punch a girl so hard. Does she ever stop talking?

"Seattle." I reply, knowing Indra was not going to do it. I might hate Catherine, but Indra hates her more. After that I am grabbed by the arm and pulled out of her dorm.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Customs was a nightmare and I have been on edge ever since. I got a text earlier from Atlas saying he was outside my apartment. I did tell him I am going to Seattle and he was going full on fan girl.

He kept on saying that I should make my move however she would just reject me. Especially since she is under so much of stress and anxiety. I would reject myself if I was her.

Atlas even threatened to steal my guitar if I do not pull a move, but how is he even going to get into my apartment?

Indra is on the other side of the airport on the phone with Alina as we wait for our flight.

God she is so beautiful. Wrong timing, Luke.

I hear our flight be called out and I grab Indra and my own bag. I walk over to her and she just cuts the call with Alina.

Boarding the plain went in a flash as we are both sitting on the plane right now. I got window seat and she got the middle seat. Aisle seat was empty for a bit until some guy around our age sat there.

The seat is uncomfortable as there is no leg room. I'm genuinely squashed into this seat. I should've booked twi seats for myself.

The plane starts to take off, and can I just say that I hate flying. The fact of not being in control of something is terrifying. I brace myself and dig my fingernails into the arm rest. I shut my eyes when the plane picks up the speed, I take a deep breath and my nails dig deeper. Pretty sure I am leaving marks in the arm rest.

I feel Indra place her hand onto mine and I immediately interlock our fingers together. The plane takes off the ground and I finally open my eyes to look down at our hands. "Calm down." She whispers to me.

"What a great idea." I reply sarcastically. When the plane is finally in the air and is not going at a rapid speed I look out the window. Holy shit, I forgot what flying is like.

It is the most stressful and nerve racking thing ever, but as soon as you are up in the sky all those nerves go away. That was a lie. The nerves are still here even when Indra took my hand. "Bye New York. I won't be long." I force a smile onto my face.

"Relax." She says sinking into her seat. For someone who just discovered her father is alive and her mother lied to her she is too relaxed. "What?" I ask her.

"You heard me Luke." She sighs. "You need to relax." She says. Why did I not think about that?

"Relax? Okay, I need to relax. How do I do that?" I start panicking even more. The plane might be flying at a normal pace, but I am still mortified.

She sighs and looks at me. A smile on her face. "Just think of something else." Thanks you really connected the dots over there. "Like what?" I ask her.

"If you could go anywhere right now where would you go?" She asks me. She is giving me her undivided attention. "I don't know, New York." It is all that I can think about right now. Indra, New York and food calories is the only things I can think about right now.

"That's all you could think about?"

"How about I ask the questions? If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?" I ask her the same question. My grip tightens around her hand. Hopefully I am not hurting her, but she seems fine. Or her emotions could be acting up again.

"Luke-"

"Just answer please. It will help me calm down." I cut her off. She takes a deep breath before she answers. "Well I always wanted to go to Paris." Okay I am taking her to Paris one day.

Just by the sound of her voice my entire body starts to feel a little less tense and my grip loosens, but I never let go and neither does she.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
1.1K 26 18
Her brows furrowed. "You look like you have something specific you wanna ask me." The tips of Liam's ears turned red at Emma's very accurate observat...
Dear you, By malyka

Teen Fiction

2.7K 446 35
STOP! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! DONT COME AFTER ME BECAUSE I WARNED YOU. BUT IF YOU IGNORE THIS AND PRESS 'READ' THEN MY FRIEND... GOOD LUCK. I would li...
408K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...