Nothing Revealed In A Common...

بواسطة imagine-that-100

Life was normal until one summer, a change in you and your life long best friend Alex Turner, triggers a seem... المزيد

Teaser
The Bands
Authors Note
Only Ones Who Know (1.1)
Only Ones Who Know (1.2)
This House Is A Circus (2.1)
This House Is A Circus (2.2)
This House Is A Circus (2.3)
The City (3.1)
The City (3.2)
Despair In The Departure Lounge (4.1)
Despair In The Departure Lounge (4.2)
Despair In The Departure Lounge (4.3)
Heart Out (5.1)
Heart Out (5.2)
Heart Out (5.3)
Heart Out (5.4)
Hiding Tonight (6.1)
Hiding Tonight (6.2)
Hiding Tonight (6.3)
Sex (7.1)
Sex (7.2)
Sex (7.3)
Dance Little Liar (8.1)
Dance Little Liar (8.2)
Dance Little Liar (8.3)
Dance Little Liar (8.4)
An Encounter (9.1)
An Encounter (9.2)
An Encounter (9.3)
Do I Wanna Know? (10.1)
Do I Wanna Know? (10.2)
Do I Wanna Know? (10.3)
Do I Wanna Know? (10.4)
Do I Wanna Know? (10.5)
Settle Down (11.1)
Settle Down (11.2)
Settle Down (11.3)
Head.Cars.Bending (12.1)
Head.Cars.Bending (12.2)
Head.Cars.Bending (12.3)
Head.Cars.Bending (12.4)
Head.Cars.Bending (12.5)
Do Me A Favour (13.1)
Do Me A Favour (13.2)
Do Me A Favour (13.3)
R U Mine? (14.1)
R U Mine? (14.2)
Separate And Ever Deadly (15.1)
Separate And Ever Deadly (15.2)
One For The Road (16.1)
One For The Road (16.2)
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High (17.1)
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High (17.2)
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High (17.3)
Somebody Else (18.1)
Somebody Else (18.2)
Somebody Else (18.3)
Somebody Else (18.4)
How To Draw / Petrichor (19.1)
How To Draw / Petrichor (19.2)
How To Draw / Petrichor (19.3)
UGH! (20.1)
UGH! (20.2)
UGH! (20.3)
The Birthday Party (21.1)
The Birthday Part (21.2)
The Birthday Party (21.3)
Settle For A Draw (22.1)
Settle For A Draw (22.2)
Settle For A Draw (22.3)
What Should I Say (23.1)
What Should I Say (23.2)
What Should I Say (23.3)
What Should I Say (23.4)
Be My Mistake (24.1)
Be My Mistake (24.2)
Be My Mistake (24.3)
D Is For Dangerous (25.1)
D Is For Dangerous (25.2)
D Is For Dangerous (25.3)
D Is For Dangerous (25.4)
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) (26.1)
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) (26.2)
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) (26.3)
Star Treatment (27.1)
Star Treatment (27.2)
Star Treatment (27.3)
From The Ritz To The Rubble (28.1)
From The Ritz To The Rubble (28.2)
From The Ritz To The Rubble (28.3)
Playing On My Mind (29.1)
Playing On My Mind (29.2)
Playing On My Mind (29.3)
Frail State Of Mind (30.1)
Frail State Of Mind (30.2)
Frail State Of Mind (30.3)
//Brief Interlude//
I Wanna Be Yours (Alex's Ending)
Me & You Together Song (Matty's Ending)
Chapter Summaries

Be My Mistake (24.4)

924 29 170
بواسطة imagine-that-100

Make sure you read 24.3 first x

~*~*~*~ 23rd January 2018 ~*~*~*~

Telling Alex was the thing you hated most about the entire situation. And the fact that even Matty knew it was painfully clear that you had feelings for Alex was enough to make the prospect of telling your best friend what happened even scarier.

And it was as bad as you thought it would be. You went round to his flat and told him when it was just you and him the day after you got back to Sheffield.

He went quiet on you and that was somehow worse than him shouting or getting annoyed at you. He just looked so vacant about it but you could see and feel that it was eating away at him.

When you asked him if he wanted you to leave, he told you that he didn't. When you apologised, he told you that you didn't have to. But none of that stopped your heart aching for him.

In no way do you regret what happened with Matty. That day with him probably means the most to you. Like closing a chapter of your life and there's a nice, neat bow tied around it.

And you told Alex that too. You told him that it won't be happening with Matty again. And you told him in a definitive way. Not that you expect that to make what you told him any easier.

You're just thankful that it didn't affect your friendship for too long. He was distant with you for a few weeks but you're thankful that around Christmas things went back to normal.

And now, almost two months later, you're grateful that things were back to how they were. You've been on an adventure with him around town today. You dragged him with you to get your art supplies for the next gallery you want to put on.

You're hoping for another show this summer and you're in the process of booking a larger gallery this time. Alex has been supportive of you, like always when it comes to your art, and you're truly grateful he didn't moan about how many canvases you made him carry earlier.

You dumped most of them back at his flat because you'd started to do more paintings at his place in the past month. And your best friend was more than accommodating.

Alex has just driven you back to your flat, like the saint that he is. But you find that you don't really want your day with him to end just yet.

You ask with a cheeky grin, "You wanna come up for a bit, Shakespeare? Make you a brew and I've got some chocolate that's got your name on it."

"Sure." Alex nods and the both of you happily head upstairs to your flat.

But as you make it up to your floor, you hear music blaring out and as the both of you get closer you realise it's coming from your flat. Alex gives you a concerning look as you let go of his flat to unlock your door, saying, "Fucking hell she's got the music on loud."

"She's been like this the past few months." You nod, but then you giggle when you tell him, "One time I walked in and she was dancing around the lounge in her underwear."

"Christ, get ready to cover my eyes." Alex tells you and you laugh as you push your door open.

The both of you hear Blue Monday by New Order is blaring loudly out of your speakers in the lounge. You look back to Alex with a 'what the fuck' expression because who the fuck plays Blue Monday at 5pm on a Wednesday?

The bass is thumping through the fucking walls and you can practically feel it vibrating as you walk down your hall.

You intend to scorn her when you see her, because your speakers are going to be fucked at the rate she's using them. But the words die on your tongue, along with all other thoughts when you walk around the corner and into your lounge.

"Y/B/F what a- oh fuck!" You shout and turn back to hide yourself into Alex's body.

Your best friend is on your settee shagging the lights out of a man you know all too well.

You practically yell when you realise who it is, "Charlie!"

Alex gasps and quickly averts his gaze. "Oh my god." He says when he looks down at you and the both of you can't comprehend what's happening.

Alex can't believe that the both of you have just walked into your flat to find Y/B/F riding Charlie on the settee in your lounge. To Blue fucking Monday of all songs.

"Oh. My. God!" You shout over the music and Alex can't help but awkwardly laugh.

You both hear Y/B/F yell, "Sorry."

"No, we're sorry." You turn to her and embarrassingly smile but you're only peeking through your fingers. She's leaning forward into Charlie's chest now, so her chest is covered and she laughs a little as you say, "I'm so happy for you both."

Charlie looks fucking mortified but at the end of the day, he's the one getting the shag so he can't be that upset about it. You need to not be in this room any longer so they can continue before things get too embarrassing.

"Hi Charlie." Alex smiles awkwardly as he covers his eyes.

The man that is currently inside your best friend embarrassingly replies, "Hi Alex."

"Carry on. Carry on. We'll be in my room." You ramble as you close your eyes and pull on Alex's top as you blindly move towards your bedroom. You awkwardly keep speaking though, "I'm very happy for you both. We can chat later. Carry on. As you were."

Alex laughs once you are safe inside your bedroom, "Way to put them in the mood, Angel."

"Fuck off." You scorn him, but not seriously. You still can't believe what you've just witnessed.

Once your door is closed, you and Alex look at each other for a moment and burst out laughing. Neither of you can believe what just happened.

Alex carries on laughing as he takes off the brown leather jacket that you bought him a while ago and he hangs it over the back of your desk chair.

"I'll take a raincheck on the brew." Alex laughs before he takes residence on your bed, lying himself down on his stomach after he kicks his shoes off.

You laugh, "Yeah bloody hell, not going back out there with them shagging." as you dump your bags on the floor and hook your coat onto the back of your door before you lie down on your bed. You're on your back so it's easier for you to chat to him and you kick your shoes off as you both start laughing again.

"To be honest, you probably could," Alex says, "There's no way they will carry on."

You giggle at his naivety. You give him a pointed look as you shuffle closer to him, "It's Y/B/F. They will be carrying on."

Alex just laughs as he props himself up on his elbows and looks down at you as he says, "It's the fact you turned around and hid into me like you haven't had sex with her. It should have been me looking away."

You almost giggle, but you decide to play it a different way. Gasping, you ask, "You took an eyeful of Y/B/F?"

"No," Your best friend shakes his head, almost mortified you've accused him of that. "I looked away."

"Alex, you dirty dog," You tease him, pretending you dont believe him. You raise your eyebrows suggestively and smirk, "Didn't know you were into voyeurism."

"I'm not," Alex shakes his head, but then he shocks you by saying, "Unless mirrors count."

Trying to maintain your composure, you just grin at him, "Damn Darling, that's hot."

"You into that?" He asks like he's curious but he's trying to casually play it off because he's just pulled his phone out of his back pocket and he's unlocking it.

You keep your attention on him though and flirt back with suggestive eyes, "I definitely could be."

Alex's eyes meet yours then and you watch as a grin slowly makes its way onto his face. Your heart feels like it goes into your throat when you see his eyes glance down at your lips then. You do everything you can to maintain your composure because whilst you want to kiss him, you need to let him be the one to decide.

You know you hurt him and you're not sure whether he even wants you like that anymore. And it's fair enough after so long of you telling him to move on and then you sleeping with Matty.

So all you can do is make it as obvious as you can that you're interested in him. But you need him to make the decision.

Which he unfortunately doesn't get time to decide because you're both laughing the next second. And that's because you hear your best friend moan through the wall and over the music.

Both you and Alex start laughing and you turn on your side to face him so you can hide laughing into the pillow his arms are under. You can, but also can't, believe how loud she is sometimes. You guess it doesn't help her case that she's literally facing the wall as she's riding Charlie and your speakers are pointing in the opposite direction.

But what you actually can't believe is what your best friend beside you says, "Fucking hell, she's louder than you."

"You're not funny." You try not to laugh as you playfully punch his arm.

Your best friend sees through your facade though and he grins, "I am."

Not having an argument, you just state, "You're loud too."

"I'm not as loud as you." Alex whispers as he taps your nose. "You get loud when you're feeling needy, which is always when you want someone to shag you."

All you can do is pout because you have no defence and you can't think of a comeback when he's this close to you and you're both lying on your bed. You just decide to change the subject.

"Why are they shagging to Blue Monday?" You whine, still hearing it through the walls but at least you can't hear the lovers anymore. You really hope what you just heard was the big finale. You laugh at Alex, "We aren't in the Haçienda."

"I don't know why Blue Monday, but I'm scarred forever now." Alex laughs, "Can never listen to that song again."

Curiosity definitely killed the cat because you can't help but ask him exactly what you're thinking, "What music do you listen to? When you shag someone?"

"Excuse me?" Alex grins down at you.

He looks like he can't believe you asked. But you can't help but playfully grin at him.

You can't help yourself wanting to know. You're really curious. You never got special treatment like that. Nothing was ever planned between the two of you, it just happened in the moment and that was fantastic at the time.

But you'd love to know what you may have received if you were in for a special night with him. What's his go-to album? Or would it change depending on how he wanted to take you?

"Come on," You pry, using the excuse, "I'm your best friend. Tell me."

He just shakes his head, "No."

Is he blushing? Or are you seeing things.

"Please." You pout.

Your stomach drops when he leans closer to flirt with you, "Maybe you'll just have to wait and find out."

"Maybe I'll take you up on it." You flirt right back without a second thought.

There's a moment then when you both go silent but you're looking at each other like something more should be said. But neither of you can get there because your door opens.

You turn back towards the door so you're lying on your back and you prop yourself up on your elbows see your bestie standing by your door now dressed in a top that's about 3 sizes too big for her which you know she's just put on before she goes for a shower.

"See and hear you got your cardio in today, Y/B/F." Alex grins at her.

"Knew you liked what you saw, Al." She winks at him and the man beside you starts blushing. Even more so when she digs a little deeper, "Surprised you're not hard from hearing me through the wall though. That's what usually happens when you hear Y/N, right?"

The balls she has. You adore her.

You're cackling beside him in bed now, and he looks fucking mortified, but he frowns at your other best friend and sticks two fingers up at her.

She just laughs and then glances at you. She looks a little hesitant and worried as she asks, "You're not mad at me then?"

"Y/B/F, what the fuck? Absolutely not. This is the best news." You get up and hug her, not caring in the slightest that she's slightly sweaty, "I'm really happy for you."

And when you see Charlie walk out of her room, now dressed too, you grin at him and correct yourself, "For both of you."

When you go to hug Charlie, your best friend walks over to Alex who's raised his arm out to her and she happily gives him a hug.

"Sorry that you found out like this." Charlie apologises. "It's really not how I envisioned it."

You just laugh, "Yeah, not how I pictured the boyfriend reveal going either but it's Y/B/F at the end of the day. She's the main character for a reason."

You hear her giggle at that and you can't blame her really. Charlie is the loveliest person you know. You're thrilled they are together and happy.

Looking towards your best friends laying on your bed beside each other now, you see them whispering something to each other. If you had to guess, you'd say it looks like Y/B/F is trying to convince him of something.

Whatever it is seems to be important, so you don't interrupt them, but when Alex glances back up and he sees you looking at them, he puts the attention back on what you all just found out. Alex smiles brightly at Y/B/F's boyfriend.

"Does this mean Charlie is going to come to more than one of our shows this time because his girlfriend is going to be our tour manager?" Your best friend asks like the man himself isn't in the room.

The smile that lights up Y/B/F's face when she hears Alex call her his tour manager is so cute. They've been planning this tour the past year and almost everything is in place.

Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino has been pushed back a little later than original though. The vinyl still needed to be pressed which meant an extra 3 months delay, but it's just been making everything even more exciting.

The nurse grins at that and says, "I'll be there if you want me there and if work will allow it."

"You're welcome any time, Charlie." Alex promises him.

Arctic Monkeys are doing a starter run of shows that start in a week's time. It's not going to be included in the Tranquility Base tour because they just want to get back into the swing of things before the album is released. But you're excited for them nonetheless.

"Yes, you are," Y/B/F grins at her boyfriend, "Because I'm the one that actually allows people to come and go so don't worry, you're invited any and all the time."

"Are you coming on this one, Y/N?" Charlie asks you curiously. He even nudges your shoulder as he asks hopefully, "Will I have a familiar face to keep me company whilst they're all busy?"

You smile but tell him honestly, "I don't know if I'm invited on this one."

Looking back at Alex's unamused face, you can tell that you definitely are invited along. Maybe he should just ask you instead of assuming in future.

"You're doing all the merch and the tour posters," Your best friend tells you, "Of course you're welcome to come with us."

"Yeah, you know he wants you there." Y/B/F smirks, "Got to keep him whipped for me."

He looks down at her like she's just outed him for something he didn't want anyone else to know. The offended look does make you laugh

"Then I'll come to the UK shows." You smile, pushing your look you even add "Maybe come to your shows in Paris too."

"I still can't believe you can speak fluent French and you've only been to Paris once." Y/B/F shakes her head in disbelief.

Charlie is more taken aback though because he turns to you with a shocked expression "You can speak fluent French?"

You nod, "Yeah."

You thought about saying 'Oui' but you didn't want to be that prick.

"How?" The nurse wants all the tea now. "Do you have relatives over there or something?"

"No," You shake your head and explain, "I just picked it up really easily at school and college, so I carried on learning after we all left sixth form. And back when the internet was shit, I bought those CDs that help you learn the language which I put on as I'm painting because I don't do much thinking when I'm doing that."

"She's good at Italian too now. She's been doing that for a few years too." Y/B/F informs him, and he looks back at you for confirmation.

You nod, telling him she's telling the truth. He looks impressed which you find most people are when they learn that fact about you.

But Charlie just finds himself grinning. So much so that Charlie looks back to Alex, who's still lying on your bed, and says, "It's not a wonder you fancy her."

You're surprised though when both Alex and Y/B/F say, "I know." at the same time.

Charlie looks back at you with an amused expression and you fight away the feeling of your cheeks going hot. It's more from the way Alex is looking at you than your other best friend saying she fancies you though.

You just feel that excitement in your stomach knowing that Alex still fancies you too.

"Que dire?" You shrug, trying to play it off when you grin at Charlie and laugh, "Je suis une oeuvre d'art." before you head to the kitchen to make the brew you promised Alex earlier.

~*~*~*~ 7th February 2018 ~*~*~*~

This warmup leg of the tour has been super fun, you can't deny it. Having Y/B/F and Charlie around was a fucking blast and it has honestly felt like a party every night you've been with them.

Whether that was you and Charlie messing around backstage whilst the Monkeys were either soundchecking or during their actual performance, or if you actually watched and danced along. You've had such a good couple of weeks.

Even if Y/B/F did tell you off a few times.

You were absolutely gutted when Charlie had to leave to go back to work. But your bestie and your lads had been keeping you entertained. And you're happy to say that a certain someone has started flirting with you quite a lot of the time again.

You're still not pushing your luck. You've just been bouncing off his flirting as you don't want to ruin what's starting by going too far. The last thing you want is to scare him away, because you really really like him.

Arms wrap around your waist as you're standing in the small kitchen section of the tour bus and you don't have to check to know it's Alex. You can tell from the small kisses that move up from your shoulder, up your neck until he stops just under your ear.

This is as far as anything between you has gone just yet. You've just been very tactile with each other which sometimes leaves your cheeks heating up and him teasing you because he knows you're squirming and he's the cause of it.

And you probably would be doing the same thing now if you weren't washing your paint brushes that you'd just been using. Your best friend distracts you with his words as well though.

His lips brush your ear when he asks, "Have you listened to Harry Styles' album yet?"

You almost drop your brushes into the sink but you compose yourself enough to ask Alex, "His solo one?"

"Yeah," Alex smirks. "That's why I said his name and not One Direction."

"Alright, smart arse," You scorn him as you tilt your head, so it knocks gently into his. As you hear your best friend chuckle behind you, you confirm, "And yes... I have... How come?"

Alex shrugs, "I want to listen to it."

"Why?" You ask. Hoping your best friend doesn't ask why you asked so long and drawn out.

You don't like him bringing this up. You're all too familiar with that album and a particular song on it gives you flashbacks. But you're certain that Alex doesn't know about that though.

"Will you listen to it with me?" Your best friend asks you.

So nothing is suspected, you nod, "Yeah, just let me finish these and I'll be with you."

"No need." Alex smiles and he unwraps his arms from around you and gets his AirPods out of his pocket.

He pulls one out and tucks your hair behind your ear before he puts it in your ear for you. "Now we can listen whilst you work." Alex smiles and you gratefully smile back.

"Do you need any help by the way?" Alex asks, looking at the handful of brushes that you've neglected to clean from a few days ago and today.

You smile at his generosity but shake your head. "No, I'm good, don't worry. You just sit down and enjoy the album."

And your best friend does exactly that and he opens his laptop, connecting the AirPods to it before starting the album. Everyone else is around but it's late enough that everyone's slowly getting tired, so everyone's been keeping themselves to themselves. As you and Alex listen to the album with your individual AirPod each, the other Monkeys and Y/B/F are going between chatting to each other, watching the film that they put on, or going on their phones.

You've listened to this album a few times, so you know quite a few of the lyrics, so as the first few tracks play, you quietly sing along as you go. One song makes you hide behind your hair but that's nothing new. That's been your reaction since the album dropped.

However, you forgot about one song in particular. And when you hear it, you know exactly why your best friend asked you to listen to this album with him.

Noises you can only describe as heaven's soundtrack start this song and you pause on the spot. The long intro it has keeps building and it's only when the drums and the guitars kick in that you have enough courage to glance over at Alex.

And when you do, all you see is a shit eating grin on his face. He knows exactly what he's doing, the swine.

Only Angel plays loudly into your ear and you have to stop yourself from reacting to it. But it's almost impossible with Alex's eyes burning into the side of your head.

The way your face heats up and the way you have to hide behind your hair after you accidentally glance at him after the lyric 'When it turns out she's a devil in between the sheets' is embarrassing.

Both of you know that what happened between you was years ago, but still. You know he once thought about you like that and you still think about him in bed too, and Alex can all but read that from your awkward reactions as the song continues and all the other connotations it holds.

You can feel his eyes burning into you and you find yourself risking a glance. And Alex smirks and cocks his head a little when the lyric 'My only angel' is sung into your ears.

You shake your head at him when the bridge starts, and you have to will yourself to not look back at him for the rest of the song. You're thankful that after that, the songs were fine and not suggestive or reminiscent of your's and Alex's friendship or relationship.

So when you leave your brushes on the side to dry as the last song begins to end, you just grab yourself a bottle of water from the fridge and stand just beside your best friend as you lean against the wall and watch the shitty comedy the others had put on. You take a sip of your drink and Alex pinches some from you too just as the album ends, and you take the AirPod out and hand it to your best friend in exchange for your water back.

"Good album, right?" Alex smirks a little and you'd love to wipe it off his face.

Maintaining your unbothered expression, you nod, "Yeah really good."

"You good, Cupcake?" Matt asks you as you grab your phone from the table where you left it earlier on and you nod at your friend.

"Fine," You smile, and give Alex no satisfaction in thinking he won his little game. You announce to the room, as if you didn't already, "Think I fancy Harry Styles now though."

"Is that bad?" You ask Alex, smirking a little, hoping to play him at his own game. "He's eight years younger than me."

Matt fucking ruins it though by offending you, "Nah, you always were the cradle snatcher of the group."

"Matty is three years younger, that isn't that bad!" You scorn the drummer for bringing that up again.

Jamie is no help at all. "It was when we were younger."

"I was twenty-one and he was eighteen." You protest.

"Still." Matt shrugs.

You just shake your head and roll your eyes. Taking one last long drink of your water, you hand the bottle to Alex before you begin to walk towards the bunks.

"Where you going?" Your best friend asks, seeming to be a little gutted that you're leaving.

You just decide to tease him for teasing you with the song. You smirk, "To think some things about Harry Styles."

An hour passes of you just chilling out and lying down in your bunk. You've got the bottom one again and this time Y/B/F is above you so you can't say that the nights where Charlie stayed were all that pleasant but that is what loud music and headphones are for. And what climbing into your other best friends' bunk is for.

No one else has come to bed yet, and you can't imagine they will for a while. You haven't even changed into your pyjamas, you just wanted to lie down after being on your feet for a while.

You're brought out of your aimless Instagram scrolling when you hear the door to the bunks section of the bus open then close before a knock on the frame of your bunk. And you can't say you're surprised when you hear Alex's voice, "Hey Y/N/N?"

"Yeah?" You draw your curtain back and peak your head out of your bunk.

Alex crouches down beside you to ask, "You alright to phone my phone? I can't find it."

Shocker. The old man who hates technology can't find his phone.

"Yeah sure." You nod, "I'll help you look, one sec."

Alex smiles and he helps you not so gracefully roll out of your bunk and onto the floor. But the both of you have a nice laugh if nothing else.

You put your phone on speaker and dump it in Alex's bunk as it starts ringing as the both of you try and rout through his bedding to find it. But turns out this is just another ploy to embarrass you, because you hear his phone ring straight away, and he's updated his ringtone for you.

You glance at him, completely unimpressed when you hear the second half of the second verse of Only Angel play from somewhere on his person. Alex is smirking at you and he catches your wrists as you playfully punch him because he's clearly not lost his phone.

He just finds himself so amusing as the chorus starts playing and all you can do is stand there with your wrists pinned against Alex's chest.

"Who knew?" Alex smirks, "Harry Styles writing a song that is basically me talking about you. I'm sad he beat me to it."

"The song would imply that we shagged more than twice." You point out as you pry your hands from his grip, and you try and find his phone on him.

As your hands come up empty when they dig into his front pockets, Alex grins, "I remember three occasions.

"It was twice in the same night, Alex." You scorn him and give him a knowing look when you move your hands around him and find that his phone is in the back pocket of his skinny jeans. Christ, no wonder his nickname is the peach emoji in the rainbow chat. "That doesn't count as three when you include the other one too."

As you pull the phone out of his back pocket and end the call on your phone, Alex can't help but smirk and flirt with you. "Right, I'm sorry. it's just the countless other times in my head I'm getting confused with."

You're immediately flustered, and you have to take a breath as you throw his phone onto his bed. Once you've done that though, you turn back to your best friend and tell him, "Sometimes you make it really difficult to just be friends with you."

Alex steps towards you, almost trapping you against the side of the bunks as you ask him. "Do you know that?"

All he does is smirk, nod, and whisper. "That's the idea."

You gulp. And you're not even embarrassed about it.

He's got you so hot under the collar he could probably say anything and you'd end up looking for a sign that he's being serious. And you really think he is, which means your heart starts beating erratically and your mouth goes dry with desire. Because you want nothing more than for him to keep looking at you the way that he is now and for him to keep flirting with you forever.

You don't even realise until it's too late that your eyes have travelled down his face and they've started to focus on his lips. You were just trying to control your shaky breaths as he's so close to you and you didn't want him to notice. But it's too late.

"Angel?" Alex whispers, and you can only hum in response. When your eyes flick back up to his brown ones, your best friend tells you to, "Ask me your question."

Alex sees your eyes go a little wide, clearly not expecting to hear that. But your best friend nods, silently encouraging you to finally ask him, "Can I kiss you?"

And for the first time, in the longest time, Alex's lips crash against yours.

Nothing at all is soft about it. It's hot and full of desire for one another which makes the passion between you feel even more alive. It's easily the best one you've ever shared.

His arm wraps around your waist and pulls you into him which has your back arching into him as he bites your bottom lip and draws an easy moan from you. He laughs, "Glad that hasn't changed."

"Shut up and kiss me." You grab his freshly shaved face and pull his lips back onto yours.

Neither of your care it's messy, all you care about is that this is finally happening again. You lean into it, moving your hands up to pull on his long hair and you take great satisfaction from the way he groans against your lips.

You lose your breath almost entirely when Alex pulls you away from his bunk and he pushes you up against the frame that joins the bunks together. You release a small excited moan as he presses you against it and you don't hesitate to deepen the kiss.

You feel like you lose your mind when you feel Alex's hand wrap around your throat. The giddy anticipation of that along with the kiss makes you pull him closer. His knee slots itself between your legs and as the two of you continue making out, you find yourself grinding your hips against his. Shamelessly enjoying the noises you can draw out of him as you do.

The two of you only move from the spot he's pinned you against when you hear your group of friends laugh from in the other room. The both of you get into your bunk to continue your illicit affair and the both of you don't really hold much back other from the noises you're trying to suppress.

Unfortunately, despite the bunk curtains being advertised as noise cancelling or soundproof, Alex doesn't think they will be very effective with the noises he's drawing out of you. Not that he'd even be ashamed if the others heard you. He was just thinking about you.

"Angel," Alex smirks as he pulls away, "You need to be quiet or they are gunna know."

You're practically panting as your eyes almost roll into the back of your head. You've got a fist full of his hair that you're holding for dear life, like it's grounding you enough to get your whits about you.

If he wants you to be quiet, he needs to stop with those bloody hips. Who gave him the right to move them as well as he can? You tell him off through gritted teeth, "Stop fucking grinding into me then."

"Your legs are around my waist and you're pulling me into you." You feel Alex smile against your neck as he kisses down it, "What do you expect?"

You shut him up in another kiss, but the both of you just continue like nothing was said before. Hands run up your side, and up the sides of your thighs before he gives your arse a squeeze.

At that point you try and urge your hips up to his, like they aren't already pressed together. Alex just grinds his clothed erection back down against you which has you releasing a pleasured whine against his lips because of the friction of both of your clothes on your clit.

"Don't make noises like that or clothes are coming off." Alex warns you and you'd love to put that mouth to better use but you've not got the space or the time.

Not to mention you're in a bunk and you know everything's in the past but the only way you'll ever do anything with anyone in a bunk again is if you're married to them. And unless he proposes a Vegas wedding again, that is not happening any time soon.

As the air between you gets thicker and hotter, you pull on your best friend's hair deciding it's time to stop. You're panting into each other's mouths with your foreheads pressed against the others.

You promised yourself that if you were ever in this situation with him again, you'd be open and honest. Both of your fatal flaws are communication, you can't let yourselves go down that path again if you want this to work out.

And you really want this to work out.

So you let yourself be vulnerable. Once you've caught your breath, you tell him, "I like you."

"I like you." He chuckles like it's obvious with a bit of a grin playing on his lips.

"No," You laugh. He's such an idiot. He definitely didn't take it in the way that you meant it.

"I mean I like you." You tuck his hair that's falling onto your face back behind his ear as you smile, "There's something there between us Al, and I wanna run with it."

Alex looks at you like his world has just stopped completely. He's serious when he says, "Don't joke about that, Y/N."

You promise him, "I'm not."

His eyes have gone wide, and he clearly wants the confirmation, "You're being serious?"

"Yeah." You giggle at how his face immediately brightens up.

Your best friend is looking at you like he's won the lottery and you're just gently caressing his cheeks as he asks in disbelief, "Am I dreaming?"

"No," You laugh, "You're very much in between my legs and I'm telling you I like you properly."

He kisses you again then and you can't bring yourself to stop him. It's somehow more passionate than before, and now has even more meaning behind it.

Both of your emotions can be clearly communicated through it and you feel like your heart is about to burst with joy. How is it that this man can be so fucking cute yet turn you on so much at the same time?

Pausing your make out again, you explain what you want. Being honest is how you're going to make sure this works, so you need to put all your cards on the table.

"I wanna do it slow, Al." You tell him, looking into those stunning brown eyes that you're sure you'll never tire of. "I want to do it properly, if we're doing it."

Your best friend nods, kissing your lips one more time as he's feeling euphoric before he pulls away to ask you, "Will you go out with me on Saturday?"

"You've got a gig on Saturday." You remind him with a grin at just how eager he is.

"In the day. I wanna take you somewhere and go on a mini date." Alex grins, his mind working overtime as ideas rush around his head, "And then we can start going on proper dates in the two months I'm back home for."

You nod, grinning like a lunatic. You've never been more excited to hear that fall from his lips.

But Alex pauses for a second, looking into your eyes for confirmation, "That was the slow you were after, right?" And then you almost burst out laughing when he asks, "Or did you mean you wanted slow sex."

And whe he mutters under his breath, "Did I just delay sex?" like he's scorning himself, you can't hold back a laugh.

You giggle at that before you pull his hair down so you can kiss him again. It's sweet and you love the way his mouth moves against yours.

"No," You smile as you pull away. You ease his worries, "You got me right."

"I'm not even disappointed." Alex laughs and it's so adorable because you can see just how elated he is.

But of course, you pull him into another kiss. And considering it's been so long for the two of you, and you've both never had that much self-restraint, you both take it a little too far.

Your hips are grinding against each other's as you carry on making out. Moan after moan ends up leaving both of your mouths when there is just enough friction between your clothes to allow the tiniest bit of relief.

Your thighs are clamped around your best friend's hips. Your fingers are in his hair or scratching down his back over his top whilst your best friend makes you feel the best you have in a short while.

But when you draw a noise from Alex's lips which sounds like he's just cum on the spot, you know you need to stop it. You tug his hair so he pulls away from your lips, and you tell him sternly, "Alex, we are not dry humping aged thirty-two. No. We're too old for that."

He groans in a whisper, "But I'm rock hard." As he kisses down your neck.

And he's really not joking. You wish the layers of clothes between you would just disappear because you can feel just how worked up he is. It's honestly a full erection at this point and you can hear the strain in his voice.

"Still baffles me that I do that to you." You say breathlessly.

You're absolutely no better. Your underwear is definitely soaked through from the way his hips have been rocking into yours. But you can't bring yourself to feel embarrassed about it.

"You've done this to me since we were seventeen." Your best friend grins and you really can't believe that either.

You give him a pointed look as you say breathlessly, "You need to go and sort yourself out."

"Could just carry on?" Alex teases, grinding his hips against yours a little more which has you holding in a whine.

God you want to. But morals and your friends being in the next room mean that you don't entertain the thought. You just argue back in a laugh, "We didn't even dry hump each other at seventeen."

"We did, we just didn't go as far as to make each othe-" You don't let him finish that sentence, you just kiss him again.

But Alex tries his best to argue his point, when he bites your lip and you moan as he pulls away. He smirks down at you, "Should definitely make up for lost time." and he kisses you again and shifts his hips playfully.

You just start laughing which breaks the kiss anyway. You shake your head at him playfully, "Al."

He pouts and whispers, "But what about you." As he brushes his nose against yours.

"I'll be okay." You promise him.

Not like you've not been left in the lurch by a shit one night stand before. You could wait a while and you know that your best friend would definitely be more than willing to accommodate if the circumstances were different.

Alex gives you one long and final kiss before you unwrap your legs from around him and let him out of your bunk. Your best friend can't believe his luck.

He's been wanting to kiss you since before this warmup leg of the tour began. Well truthfully, he's wanted to kiss you again for years, but tonight he really just wanted to shoot his shot.

Alex can't quite believe he's having to shower on the bus because he needs to relieve himself because the two of you have just rekindled the spark that's been lying dormant between you for years. Your best friend gets himself off quickly considering just how worked up he already was and the thought of being between your legs and the fact he can practically still feel them around him made him cum fast.

He's got absolutely no shame in it though. Alex just wishes that you were both in a hotel room so he could repay the favour without you feeling uncomfortable about it.

But this might truly be the best day of his life. You like him. You want to see where the two of you can go. You want to try with him. Alex has never ever been happier.

After quickly washing himself and the shower down. Alex gets himself dry and into a fresh pair of boxers and he has every intention to just get back into your bunk with you and cuddle the night away. However, your best friend gets a little taken aback by something.

You must hear the bathroom door open because Alex sees you get out of your bunk. But now you've just got your oversized top hanging over you and you've got your pyjamas tucked under your arm. But as you get closer, Alex notices that sedated yet blissful look lingering in your eyes that he's only seen a few times before.

He'll never forget it, so he quietly - almost rhetorically - asks you in shock, "Did you just get yourself off?"

You press your lips together, clearly having been caught out, you just look up at your best friend and tilt your head to the side. You tease him, "You can't have all the fun."

"Y/N," Alex's jaw is dropped like he's offended, "You know I would hav-"

"Just get in my bunk so we can go sleep, Alex." You instruct him with humour clear in your voice.

You don't need to be reminded that he can easily make you orgasm. That's something to relive on a different day.

Alex waits for you to shower in your bunk like you told him to and when you come back and crawl into his arms, your best friend is so beyond happy, he doesn't have the words. Both of you cuddle yourselves together after closing your curtain and throwing the duvet over and you lie there in a blissful silence for a few minutes.

That is until you quietly ask him, "How'd you know I did that?" after he's buried his head into your neck.

"You have a certain glow about you." Alex can't help but smile. He cheekily asks after you kiss the top of his head, "Did you think about me?"

This motherfucker is going to be the death of you. And you'll die from embarrassment.

"My answer is probably the same as the answer to 'did you think about me?'" You tease. Telling him but not actually telling him.

"No then." Your best friend smirks into your skin as he lies through his teeth.

You just laugh, and its music to Alex's ears. You call him out though, "I'd believe you but I can feel you smiling."

You want to memorise every second of his. Your fingers in his damp hair, playing with the ends of it which relaxes you and him at the same time.

The way you can feel his smile on your neck where he's hiding himself. The ache in your own cheeks because you can't stop yourself from grinning either.

You honestly want to stay in this exact moment with your best friend who you fancy the fuck out of, forever.

"I'm so happy, Angel," Alex grins after a few minutes of silence, "You have no idea."

You promise him, "I'm happy too." before you kiss the top of his head.

That night, both of you end up falling asleep in each other's arms with smiles never leaving either of your lips. You've both finally made it home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Can you believe you just read that??? I can't ahahaha. Did you expect it to happen???? Did I make you cry?? So sorry if I did... WHAT DID YOU THINK?!?!?! Pleaseeee let me know, your reactions to this story literally keep me writing it so I'd love to know what you thought. What do you think will happen? Are you happy? Do you forgive Curly? Pleaseeee let me knowwww x

Also come and join the chat on Tumblr! The url is @/nriacc or /imagine-that-100 

And heres the nriacc playlist link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6M5NkdyzUenhVLc0LoqmLb?si=1dc69077d77749e7

And heres the link to the playlist which includes all the boys songs about Wheels: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/33mPki1tkDCHrio4pGI904?si=140b83adb6854be6

Hope you enjoy x

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

90.6K 3.3K 50
After losing all her family members in a mysterious accident, Eleanor takes a spontaneous trip to Los Angeles to help herself move on from past event...
100K 2.3K 31
An aerialist and a lyrical genius meet one night, finding kindred spirits in each other. Though both lead completely different lives, but their desir...
378 11 8
Who knew Alex Turner, frontman to one of the greatest bands of this generation had the worst luck in love. As a romantic who's quite familiar with he...