Sweet Surrender

By Angie8177

A toss of the dice, doomed Evangeline to an uncertain future. Her father gambled away their families fortune... More

Update
~Note to Reader~
Introduction
The Gambling Table
~Losing a mother~
~You belong to me now~
~You're Safe.....for now...~
~No place for a child~
~You're one of us now~
~Never ending trouble~
~Caught!!!~
~Silence is golden...or is it?~
~A guinea for a name~
~Under his Protection~
~It is official~
~Settling in~
~Double Trouble~
~We have eachother~
~We have eachother~ Pt.2
~Leaving~
~Changes~
~The Introduction~
~ Yearning~
~Yearning~ Part 2
~Distance~
~Distance~ Part 2
~Last Kiss~
~Last kiss~ part 2
~Last Kiss~ part 3
~We meet again~
~We meet again~ Part 2
~A debt to collect~
~A debt to collect~ Part 2
~To elope..or not to elope~
~Tempestuous Passion~
~Tempestuous Passion~ part 2
~Wedded Bliss~
~To Love, Honor and Obey~
~To love, honor and obey~ cont.
~Prelude to a Charade~
~Seed of Doubt~
~Road to Deceit~
~Road to Deceit~ Part 2
~Road to Deceit~Part 3
~A Defiant Duchess~
~A Defiant Duchess ~ Part 2
~Stay with me~
~Stay with me~ Part 2
~Defending what is mine~
Read First....
Defending what is mine ~Part 2~
~Hell hath no fury~
~Hell hath no fury~ Part 2
~Epilogue~
Words of Thanks
Update 12/18/16
update 12/19/16
🎉BIG NEWS🎉
👀OMG🎉
Update 11/15/17

~The Great Escape~

53.1K 2.2K 64
By Angie8177

~•~•~•~•~
Above is a photo of Phoebe...
Thanks for the support
Please comment and let me know what you think of my story....
~•~•~•~•~•~

Scornful eyes watched the young girl by the sideboard scoop eggs and bacon into her plate. Claudette cheerfully spoke to one of the girls that joined them for breakfast. Evangeline took her seat beside Claudette and began to eat. She shyly kept to herself, well mannered she spoke only when spoken to and rarely gave need for any of them to say much to her.

Silvia observed her for a while. For the short time that Evangeline has been with them she said little to her and looked at her down the tip of her nose. As if she were a nuisance.

Evangeline deep down inside she knew her presence among them caused some discomfort. But, none the less there was nothing she could do but wait until Claudette's aunt sends word accepting her in her home.

She dutifully helped out where she could as far as cleaning although Claudette was against it. But she insisted she was bored. She tried her best to stay out of sight and did all she could to get through the day.

Her world changed for the worst she sometimes cried herself to sleep. In the eyes of most of them she was a dainty young girl, polite, caring and smart. To the few that did not want her around Silvia and Trini they thought her a burden to have around for fear that either she will run away their business or steal it away. It was no secret that most of the gentleman that frequented these places, had more perverted tastes and preferred their doxies young.
Very young....

Although a foolish thought she never would put it past them. And she did not want to take that chance.

Sitting up with tongue in cheek, Silvia cleared her throat and looked directly at Evangeline.

"So moppet, how long are ye going to be here for?"

All around the table hushed to whispers looking from Silvia to Evangeline.

Shyly she looked up and stared at Silvia, then sadly at Claudette.

"What is wrong? Cat go' ye tongue ," she teased.

Evangeline slowly put her fork down and before she could answer, Claudette spoke up.

"Is there a problem Silvia?" She glared at her.

Glaring back in anger that she was defending Evangeline, she shot her a heated glance.

"Aye, I do I have a problem. Since when do we harbor children? Is she a doxy in training here to take one of our places? Silvia spoke loudly.

The gasps and whispers increased.

"Measure your tongue Silvia," Claudette warned.

She shot Evangeline a spiteful glare.

"Did Claudette introduce you already to one of our frequent visitors yet?" She gave a devious smile.

"Silvia!!!"

"Or has she shown you the bedroom where you will make your first guinea laying on your back while your legs dangle mid air as yer first plunges between your thighs like an eager schoolboy," Silvia sighed.

She watched as Evangeline's face turned pink and she averted her eyes. Embarrassed by such things she stood and ran off.

Claudette stood and faced her.

" I want you gone, this instant," Claudette ordered.

Silvias lips thinned as she angrily stood from the table and marched off.

In tears,  Evangeline walked out the front door, down the steps into the busy cobbled streets. Claudette shouted her name at a distance but she ignored it and continued to run. She was unaware of the pair of eyes watching her run. She stopped confused to look up and around to see where she could run off to and hide.

She wanted to be far away from here as possible.

Tears falling she dashed them away hugging herself as she continued on. Eager footsteps followed her as she continued running.
Angry and unaware she turned off into an ally that was bleak and scary but she paid it no mind.

She barely got a few feet in and strong arms reached out and grabbed her around the waist.
Screaming she was turned to face evil eyes that sparkled triumphantly.

It was Raynaud.

"Finally I  got you, wench"

~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~

Grubby hands rubbed anxiously together as two pairs of eyes stared greedily at the apples in a market cart on the sidewalk.

His stomach growled but hers was touching her back by now.

"So whats yer plan Tonk?" the young girl beside him asked.

Cocking his head to the side, he contemplated the idea but honestly the effort was not there. He was so hungry....

"No plan really, just grab the apples with both 'ands and run our arses fast as if the devil is upon us," he breathed.

Nodding she agreed.

"On the count of 3 then?" He asked.

She nodded taking in a deep breath.

"1,,,,,2,,,,,,............3, he shouted bolting across the street.

" 'urry Phoebe, " he grabbed one apple in each hand.

Quickly she ran behind him grabbing 2 as well just in time before the owner  lunged out after them screaming vile obscenities at them missing Phoebe barely inches from grabbing her. They ran fast ducking people on the streets .
They continued running as if someone was still hot on their tail. Darting through the thicket of people strolling the streets, they turned off an alleyway running to the far end they crouched behind wooden crates.

Peering over them they panted heavily trying to slow down their breathing.

"Christ....Phoebe I thought he caught you," he shook his head.

Giggling she plopped to the floor and pulled the delicious red apple forward. Rubbing it on her arm, the Shiney red fruit revealed her image on its shiney surface.

As they lifted the fruit to their lips, the faint scream echoed down the alley...

Startled, they heard the scream again.

With a frightened glare at one another they hoveled close and slowly looked over the crates and gasped watching a young girl struggle with a tall man. She kicked and screamed to get free from his grasp.

Looking at one another they turned to look again. She look no older then they did. She was small and helpless against the brutes size and strength.

Turning to his side Tonk spotted a stick.

"Tonk no!" Phoebe begged.

Shaking his head. " she needs our help," he whispered.

The screams continued as he began hauling her away.

"T'is now or never to do something good and helping her is good," he pointed in the screaming girls direction.

With a sigh she worried and shook her head.

"We creep up on him?" She questioned.

He smiled and nodded.

Taking off her boots that flopped and made noise when she walked, she crouched slowly behind Tonk and followed him.

They swiftly continued forward as they watched him angrily shake her. Furiously he raised his hand to back hand her, immediately she turned her head struggling and crying waiting for the worse.....
But it never came.

With an oath and curse he let her go. She stumbled back, fell to the floor looking up and watched in horror as two sticks out of no where began to swing upon his head and back. His scream was frightening as the two children pummeled him. Frozen in place she never saw him move as he slouched to the floor.

Numb with shock and fright she never felt the two grab her by the hand and scream.
Run!!!!

Her feet obeyed and lost in thought she followed them out of the alleyway running as fast a her feet could carry her.

Still not able to believe what happened, she ran...

She was free!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 3K 81
Year 2095, couples are now decided and set by the Marriage Matchmaker application, and any other romantic interaction besides this match is strictly...
792 181 25
*ONC 2024 entry* **Round Two Ambassador's Pick** She's an angel of love; an ill-fitting name, as she's no angel. She strives for a world devoid of pa...
54 3 10
On the cusp of her 21st birthday, Evangeline's world is irrevocably altered when she discovers her ability to perceive the realm of demons. This reve...
136 20 17
(COMPLETE) NOTE: the first chapter is at the end of the story. All other chapters are in order. This is due to a technical issue that I cannot fix...