~We have eachother~ Pt.2

A month had passed since Tonk had left. And in that time, Adrian and Evangeline had developed a treasured companionship. To her he had become her best friend, her confidant , her security and she felt safe with no worries.

Due to business and other obligations until his father and brother would return, he was absent most times and stayed in town. Adrian made her his priority, nothing came before Evangeline's well being. In his absence she was left in the care of Rosie and her governess Madam Phelps.

In his free time when he wasn't occupied with business matters, he dedicated his time and undivided attention to her.
Much of Evangeline's days were spent helping Rosie or sometimes following and annoying Penniford. Other days she sat with her governess and did her lessons.

After being gone for almost a month, It was the day they had recieved word that he would be arriving by midday. She tried in earnest to ease her anxiety and concentrated as much as she could on what Madam Phelps was teaching her. But, in truth she could not because it felt like an eternity since he has been home.

The wait was torture!!!

It wasn't until way past the midday meal, that the familiar voices of Adrian and Penniford rose from the foyer up the stairs to her room. Her heart pummeled rapidly with joy in her chest and she quickly hopped off her bed, ran towards her door, swung it open and in a mad dash headed down the stairs.

"Adrian!!! You're finally home," she squealed with delight and jumped the last step into his open arms.
All propriety went out the window for them both as he swung her around in his arms with flourished kisses on her cheeks followed by his husky chuckle.

"Did you miss me poppet?" He grinned at her before placing her to stand on her feet that now were shakey with so much excitement.

"Yes...very much," she smiled through joyous tears.

He gently wiped them away and frowned.

" Why the tears then little one," he chuckled pulling her close.

"You were gone so long," she murmured squeezing him tight.

"Three weeks? My heavens what would you do if I was gone for months on end," he mocked.

"Surely you jest, so long you would stay away Adrian?" she pouted with sad eyes.

He looked down at her worried gaze and chuckled.

He pulled her into his powerful embrace once more and held her tight resting his cheek above her head.

"Aye, poppet. I jest. Believe it or not I don't think I could stay away that long either," his emotions were vibrant in his whisper.

She closed her eyes and clung to him tightly lost in the blissful sensation of being in his warm embrace.

He gently pulled her along with him wrapping her arm around his waist.

"I have a surprise for you, minx" he grinned playfully pinching her nose.

He walked with her through the doors outside. In joyous chuckles and her laughter she walked with him towards the stables.

They finally came to the entrance of the stable and she immediately noticed Gideon his steed grazing the nearby pasture.

Adrian stepped before her, held her hand and walked with her further into the dim lit stable.
Her eyes widened with surprise as he walked her closer to a beautiful white mare.
She inched closer and gently rubbed its neck.
"Oh! Adrian she is beautiful," she smiled.

Her fingers gently rubbed the soft fur of the mounts neck as it nuzzled its velvety nose at Adrian's hand.

"What will you name her?" he stood behind her.