~ Yearning~

"To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves."
«Anonymous»

·~·~·~·~·~~~·

Adrian turned to look at Alicia. He gave her a smile that barely reached his lips.
From the moment Alicia spoke and began to show some affection towards him he noticed a change in Evangeline.

Her eyes, when he looked in to them spoke to him what she dared not say.

He held Alicia's hands in his.
"I must speak with her, for now I believe it is best that we hold off in announcing our engagement," he whispered.

Alicia gasped pulling her hands out of his.
"Hold off announcing our engagement!" She frowned.

Careful Alicia, you will gain nothing angering him. You've come so far to let that brat ruin it all.

Looking away she closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. Feigning her most elegant smile she turned to him.

"Very well my love, if that is what you prefer. We can wait. Besides, it would be better that way I can get to know her more,"Alicia stood before him and caressed his cheek.

With a warm smile he looked down into her beautiful gaze. "You are a wonderful woman," he lowered his head to kiss her lips.

Pulling back from her embrace he sighed. But before he could speak she smiled, inwardly she was seething with anger that he would care more for the feelings of his ward than hers. But, in do time after she has snared him she would be rid of her.

"I will take my leave darling, I must return home. You talk it over with her."

He nodded his head in agreement.

"I will see you again in three weeks time then?" He Kissed her lips.

Smiling coquetishly up at him she nodded as well. "As planned M'lord"

After endearing words and kisses, he walked with her to her carriage and helped her in. With her last kiss, he stood back and watched her leave.

It was minutes when he turned away from the entrance of the manor and met Penniford walking through the foyer towards the dinning room.

"Penniford where is Evangeline?" he asked.

Penniford turned to him with an emotionless glare as always and answered.

"Last I saw her Milord, she was walking towards the stables."

With a quick nod he turned towards the kitchen and took the back entrance.
He walked towards the back end where Gideon grazed freely. He noticed Violet followed behind. He frowned.
Evangeline was no where insight.

He picked up the pace and entered the dim lit barn.
"Evangeline" he called her name.

Sighing inwardly looking around.
Where did that little misfit run off to?

"Evangeline!!!" he bellowed louder.

Nothing.

He frowned at the idea of her being so upset she refused to answer him.

A little upset now, he began to rake his hands through his head and walked further inside toward the other entrance.

"Evangeline, we need to talk," he called out again.

Nothing.

The thought of her purposefully avoiding him angered him.

He angrily turned to return to the manor giving her time and letting her cool down. She will eventually come around. He smirked shaking his head.