~You're Safe.....for now...~

She sat and cried scared at what would happen to her. She looked away from the piercing gaze of the man before her as his smile turned wicked.
Slowly he stood and pulled her up with him. Struggling against him, his warning gaze stopped her as he pulled her along the dark room into a long hall. Her heart raced as the hall darkened and she could no longer see her way only guided by the strong hands that yanked her forward.

He led her through a door and pulled her up a flight of stairs where loud music played above them. He walked up another flight and went through the door following him. They entered a large room filled with people.
Woman walked around in their bodices and covered in robes. Others sat in the laps of men as they giggled and whispered to each other.

He pulled her and she stumbled walking behind him as she took in to view all around her. Ever so often a woman would look at her and smile before turning her attention to the man before them.

He walked straight towards a large room and watched a woman come close.

She was fully dressed although her gown seemed different from what they normally where. It was still beautiful on her.

She watched as he grabbed her waist and pulled her close and kissed her. Slowly he let her hand go to caress the woman neck then he kissed her there. Embarrassed Evangeline looked away.
The woman gave a throaty laugh and whispered back to him.
Stepping back she had the urge to bolt as she frantically looked around for a away to escape. But immediately he reached for her arms and pulled her close. This time the woman looked at her. Her heart sank with the unknown.

"Mon Dieu, Reynaud she is but a child," the woman gasped placing her hand on her chest. She had a thick French accent.
Her brows furrowed and she looked accusingly at him.
She turned quickly to Evangeline and leaned forward to look at her. Gently she took her hands and pulled her closer.
" Comment allez-vous? How are you little one my name is Claudette. what is your name?" she smiled and whispered.

Nervously Evangeline looked at him then at her. Licking her lips she looked down and put her french to use speaking slowly.

"Pas bon, je ai peur," her tears fell as she spoke.
(Not good, I am scared)

The woman gasped and immediately wiped her tear away.

"Je m'appelle Evangeline, et j'ai 14 ans," she whispered in fear.
(My name is Evangeline, I am 14 years old)

Evangeline's lips trembled as she continued praying he did not understand her.

"cet homme m'a emmené de chez moi, " she said.
(This man took me from my home)

"S'il vous plaît aidez-moi," she cried.
(Please help me)
The woman pulled her close and squeezed her in a warm embrace trying to calm her.

She turned a heated glare towards him.

"What did you do, Reynaud?"

He stepped close to her and grabbed her neck and pulled her close.

Evangeline stumbled back and watched their heated confrontation.

"Never question me wench," he growled.

Evangeline watched terrified that the worst would unfold before her and that he would become more violent. But, no such thing happened. She was mesmerized by the woman's response. She yanked her self away from his grasp and shoved him furiously away. It was something Evangeline had never seen. The woman pointed her fingers at him before jabbing it in his chest.

"If you pretend you are going to put her to work here you are surely mistaken," she spoke harshly.

Before he could say another word she snapped her fingers and two enormous men came forward and stood behind her.

She watched Reynaud toss his head back with a raucious laugh at her bold move, then he sneered.
"Remember if not for me you would be in the street on your arse," he hissed.

She stepped forward and glided her finger down his chin and whispered near his lips.
"And for that I am greatful, but I run this establishment and I will not have you bringing me your problems."

"The girl will stay with me until I can find her somewhere safe," the woman said.

Pulling Evangeline close she looked at the men.

"Escort Monsieur Locksley for a drink and see to it that he leaves shortly after."

Reynaud gave her a long heated glare that she stepped closer to Claudette in fear.
She recoiled with the sensation that even though she was here he would never leave her alone...She wasn't safe...

Turning her away from him Claudette looked down at Evangeline.
"Come mon petit fille, you must be hungry."

With that said Evangeline was taken in by Claudette and taken care of.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Claudette sat quietly by the sleeping girl. She fed Evangeline and ordered a bath up to her room to help her clean up.
She sat in thought at what she had told her. The poor thing had no one.
One thing was for sure, Locksley was not too happy with what she did and she had no doubt he would try and take her.

She looked around her room and exhaled closing her eyes..
This was no place for a child...much less a young girl.
She stood up and gave one last glance at the sleeping girl before turning away and walking out the door.
Closing the door shut she reached into her bodice and pulled out a key.
She stared at it for a while.
The soft giggles and gruff moan coming from the hall pulled her attention away from it to look at one of her girls straddle a gentleman in the hall sitting on a divan. The act alone was enough to arouse anyone but the view was jaw dropping. Such things were not to be seen by the innocent eyes.
Turning her attention quickly to the door she rapidly shoved the key into the hole and locked the door. Closing her eyes briefly she leaned her head against the door.
"You are safe petite fille..."

But for how long?