A New Start: The Beginning of...

By sleepylilacfox

This teen is no other than Irumi Suzuki. Why was this young teen there in the first place? Well, poor young I... More

Welcome readers!
Welcome to the Netherworld Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Potential Playmate Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Cheerful Playmates Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!
Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!
Welcome to the Misfits Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Guardian Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Mysterious Ring Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Personal Tutor Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Lesson of Magic Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Suspicious President Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Reading Aquaintance Irumi-chan!
Welcome Dinner Etiquette Irumi-chan!
Welcome Ambitions and Dreams Irumi-chan!
Welcome to Opera's Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Stressful Lesson Irumi-chan!
Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Determined Clara Irumi-chan
Welcome Execution Cannonball, Irumi-chan!
Collection of Drawings I've done for this-pt 1
Welcome the Beginning of Training, Irumi-chan!
Welcome an Interesting Development Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Final Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Sense of Forebode, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Retribution of the Insane, Irumi-chan!
Welcome Vengeance is not always Sweet, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Newbie, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a New Wardrobe Irumi-chan!
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt 1
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt2
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt3
Welcome a Dance Lesson, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Possible Mentor, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Rookie Hunt, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome the Upperclassmen, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Cannonball Battler, Rumi-chan!
Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome Story Time, Rumi-chan!
Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome a Healing Process, Rumi-chan!
Welcome Another Lesson, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome the Warning Signs; Opera-san!
What If? Never a Warning, Rumi-chan!
What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?
Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!
What If? A Fierce Human Doesn't Want to go Back?
Welcome, Grandpa left for a Meeting, Rumi-chan!
What if? A Chat with Amaryllis!
Welcome Boastful Exclamations of Grandparents!
Welcome, A Goodnight's Rest; Opera-san!
Welcome an explosive idea, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night at Babyls, Rumi-chan!
Welcome suspicion and unease Kalego-kun!
Welcome to a Strange Room, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night of Surprises, Babyls!

Welcome to your Familiar Irumi-chan!

1.2K 55 5
By sleepylilacfox

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch that rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi Suzuki, age 14. She is a pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by her idiot parents.

————————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------

Everyone stared in silence. Irumi staring down at Kalego gawkingly, likewise Kalego stared right back not even blinking, slowly he moved as his body began to tremble looking down upon himself and the magic circle that encased him.

"WHHHAAAAAAAT?!" They both screamed together in shock once it finally fully clicked in.

Which means, much to his rage and horror, the demon Kalego Nabirius was summoned by the (temporary) human Irumi to be her familiar.

Unknown to both, another force was also at play which tipped this strange (for everyone) and catastrophic (for Kalego) event to take place. 

"You thugly idiot!! What the hell did you do?!" Kalego yelled. "I-I don't know! I followed all the directions!!! I have no idea! I'm sorry sir!" "Enough!! Stop the summoning right now!!" The teacher ordered his fist slamming into the summoning circle and floor. Quickly Irumi ran to his legs. "Yes sir!" She yelped, grabbing a leg and starting to pull. Kalego yelped in agony at the horrid jolt that shuddered through him. "They're tearing you fool! You'll rip them off!! You fool you are supposed to push when this happens!!" He screamed out in anger, teeth gritted to try to keep himself from yelling death threats and profanity.

"Oh, okay, s-Sorry!" She yelped again, body shaking and palms beginning to sweat. It was quite clear she was startled and anxious- overwhelmed being an understatement.

Immediately she began pushing Kalego's lower half upwards. "No not my legs, stupid! Get back over here and push my head doow-" but it was too late. Irumi threw his legs up and he fully passed through the circle. "Oooh no!!" Kalego gasped in horror before another gust of smoke encompassed the room.

Coughing, Irumi waved the smoke out of her face. "You okay sir?!" She rushed forward around the area of the summoning circle once more. Everyone else stood back in shock, gasping in amazement at the entire scene that had unfolded in front of their eyes.

As the smoke cleared completely, Irumi's eyes widened as she saw the cutest, fluffiest looking summon she had ever seen during this whole group activity. A small rosy pink coming to her face as she leaned forward to get a closer look at the small fluffy creature, "s-so cute..fluffy.." but just as she whispered that, realizations dawned upon her and left Irumi frozen, voice failing as her heart trembled, realizing this is Kalego- a teacher-her instructor!

Kalego made a confused sound, beginning to inspect himself. He was a small- very circular creature with fluffy purple-tinted white feathers. He looked back to Irumi but soon fell to the floor, his little wings not quite prepared to support him for long. Nearly bouncing like some sort of ball.

"Oh no!" Irumi shouted looking down at Kalego.

'Inconceivable! This can't be!!' Kalego thought in horror, his small form trembling of both disbelief and a growth of utter fury deciding this brat did this on purpose. "Say something, Professor! Are you okay?! Wait- are you even our professor?!" Irumi- safe to say was still freaking out and accidentally digging herself further into Kalego's hate-list.

"Irumi-sir?" Asmodeus spoke up almost uncertain at what to think of the whole ordeal, coming up to Irumi at the circle. "Ah, Azz-kun! Something terrible just happened!" She called out in worry, facing the male demon. Who on the other hand began to cry in his deepening admiration, becoming relieved and blessed that of all demons it was this magnificent one before him that has become his master. Indeed his own familiar is a puppy in comparison!

"I am moved beyond words!!" Asmodeus cried out. "What?!" Irumi yelped standing back up. "Miraculous! You managed to make Kalego your familiar!!" Asmodeus announced in pride, kneeling before Irumi again like this morning. "Eeeh.."

Around her, the students crowded around gasping and gossiping in shock as the whole display set in. "A demon summoned a demon?!" "No way that's the first time!!" "Amazing!!" Eiko chirped, sparkling in awe. "Kalego's attitude towards you was so hostile! I knew you were secretly enraged!! This'll show him good!" Asmodeus gleamed in astonishment and pride. "You got it all wrong I swear this was an accident!" Irumi covered her face, wanting to cry herself but from the doom and misery she felt from this mess.

"Inconceivable.." Kalego growled, finally finding the strength to get up, getting angrier and angrier. "Me?! ME?! A common familiar?! You cannot be serious!! Nullify this contract immediately!! Or else You won't like the alternative!! Uuuwahhhhhhhhhh!!!" Red lightning descended down and mercilessly electrocuted Kalego. He screamed in pain as Irumi called out for him in worry as he fell back to the floor.

The student freaked out similarly, "is that the punishment?!" "Wwwaahhhooow!!" "So awesome..." "I guess familiars really can't disobey their masters." Students mused and commented in the background.

"eeeeh.." Irumi choked out with wide eyes, turning paler and paler. "And yet again I am slain!!" Asmodeus sobbed once more. "But why though?!" Irumi yelled in horror.

With haste, once Kalego somewhat recovered and the rest of his duties with the summonings were complete; Kalego and Irumi rushed back to the manor where Opera was confining Sullivan to do his work. Upon finding out what happened, the high ranking chair-demon began to laugh hysterically.

"Oooh me oh my! No one in the history of the Netherworld has ever summoned another demon before!" Sullivan cackled, knowing the exact cause for this all to happen. In front of him, knelt Irumi and Kalego on the floor, both becoming pale at how he was handling this in such a carefree manner.

"Nullify the contract? Not happening! This ritual locks you in for a year!" He snickered, "if you try to undo it by force you'd probably both die. And no way am I putting that risk on my precious Ru-chan!! Hahaha!!" Sullivan laughed. "G-grandpa this isn't funny- oh no! Kalego-sensei!!" Irumi yelped as Kalego fainted, crashing to the floor.

Irumi moved to look over Kalego, white with horror as she quickly went to check his pulse again, wondering if Demons could be at risk from heart attacks.

Unable to nullify the contract, Irumi Suzuki, age 14 acquired a familiar on her first day of school.

'A familiar..me. Me...' Kalego thought in his near unconscious state.

Kalego ended up bedridden from the shock and Irumi's rank was never determined. As a result, Irumi's notoriety spread even further as she became the one known as the demon who made another demon her familiar.

"I heard he turned Kalego into his familiar.." "how do you even do that?!" "That's insane!" As the students gathered around the news board, another teacher looked at the same article with a smile and a blush. "He's so cute!" She admired, quickly hiding the paper she was fawning over as two other teachers walked past talking about the same occurrence.

In the meantime, Irumi walked down the halls; doing her best to not meet anyone's gaze as she strolled down the long corridor with Asmodeus a single step behind. All around her, students gasped and gossiped. Making her only all the more self-conscious about the entire situation, 'everyone is focused on me... This wasn't supposed to happen! I don't want to stand out!' With that thought in mind, she took a few steps behind Asmodeus and somewhat hid in the taller teen's shadow.

"Please, right this way Master Irumi!" Asmodeus helpfully announced assuming his master wanted him to guide and point out directions on where to go next. "R-right so are we then uh- g-going to get our textbooks now?" She stuttered out.

"Yes, with subjects like demon basics! Curses, pharmaceuticals, and the art of torture! I can't wait!" Asmodeus chirped. "A-ah.." Irumi stuttered, paling at the subject torture, her back and hip began aching and burning at the thought of that.

"What about you?" He asked with an excited smile and head tilt. "Ah, Yeah, looking forward to it!" She strained out. 'I just cannot stand out anymore!'

"You lot!" Asmodeus suddenly yelled when noticing filth crowding the hallway, which also broke Irumi from her train of thought. "What do you think you're doing?! Make way for Master Irumi!" He demanded from three other students. 'This isn't helping!!' She thought in horror, speed walking towards Asmodeus. In brash anger, Asmodeus bit down on his thumb and summoned his newly acquired familiar- the gorgon snake.

"Didn't I say to make way for Master Irumi?!" The gorgon snake materialized, wrapping itself in flame. "I'll turn you to ash!!" Asmodeus snarled, fire being shot out of the snake's mouth upon its master's orders. Causing the three students to run away screaming for help.

"Azz!" Irumi called out, stepping in front of him and the snake. "It's okay! You really don't need to do that!" She yelled, waving her hands. The snake tilted its head. "Is that so? If that is your wish then so be it.." Asmodeus said hesitantly as his familiar vanished. The hallway at this point is completely empty in front of them. "The path has now been cleared! Let us proceed!" Asmodeus pointed out happily as the crowd of students behind them openly gawked.

"A-alright.," she said, close to giving up on her blending-in plan.

"Ah, this must be the room!" Asmodeus figured, but then crashing and screams permitted throughout the room beyond the door. Asmodeus quickly held out an arm in front of Irumi to guard her behind him. "Wait, something is going on in there!" He exclaimed. The door was then wildly thumped on before it was thrown open, a green figure barreled right out yelling, "ROLLING!" Repeatedly if one may add, while zooming into a large pile of boxes.

Quickly, Asmodeus made a move, batting away the incoming boxes that flew from the impact to keep the cardboard from hitting Irumi or himself.

"Em..are you okay..?" Irumi questioned out as a girl appeared, with long green hair and a sharp-toothed grin. "Sttttt-rike!!" She exclaimed, laughing boisterously. "It's a girl.," Irumi observed. "Excuse me!-" she was cut off by Asmodeus lifting his arm again, blocking her from moving closer. "It is essential that you don't speak to her master Irumi!" Asmodeus advised. "..huh?"

"Hehe-" she giggled, bounding forward quickly. Nearly colliding into Irumi if she didn't take a step back from the excitable green-haired girl. "I'm Clara! My right foot is Connor! My left foot's Merf! My familiar is FalFal! I was trying to grab some teaching aids but I got too excited and crashed! Here! Do you want to eat some candy?! When you see a big pile of stuff don't you just want to go KABOOM?! Ooh! I'm gonna do it again!! Watch!" Clara exclaimed, never in one place only. Right away, Irumi notes how vast her excitement and energy seemed to be.

The girl they just met began to sing a peculiar song all the while stacking those boxes. Giggling to herself. In wonder, Irumi studied her. 'Clara..'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 487 15
↪It all started when she saved this little girl from a kidnapper, but little did she know that this little girl will change her life. started: 8/23...
25.1K 1.2K 29
Lan wangji and wei wuxian, both like diffrent sides of coin when it's comes to their personality but that's not it when it comes to the person they l...
21.5K 733 18
Sophie Sasaki was an ordinary high school student with dreams and aspirations before tragedy struck. One day, while sitting in her classroom with her...
32.4K 972 15
this story is about kanao tsuyuri, the tsugoku and little sister of shinobu kocho the insect hashira. what happens when she is sent to guard the empr...