Brute (Finnick X oc)

Par a-hopeless_romantic

๐›๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž /broอžot/ 1. a savagely violent person or animal. "๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘‘๏ผ๐‘๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘ก... Plus

โ€ข Cast โ€ข
About
โ€ข Welcome to the 70th hunger games โ€ข
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
โ€ข Cast โ€ข
โ€ข Welcome to the quarter quell โ€ข
โ€ข 1 โ€ข
โ€ข 2 โ€ข
โ€ข 3 โ€ข
โ€ข 4 โ€ข
โ€ข 5 โ€ข
โ€ข 6 โ€ข
โ€ข 7 โ€ข
โ€ข 8 โ€ข
โ€ข 9 โ€ข
โ€ข 10 โ€ข
โ€ข 11 โ€ข
โ€ข 12 โ€ข
โ€ข 13 โ€ข
โ€ข 14 โ€ข
โ€ข 15 โ€ข
โ€ข 16 โ€ข
โ€ข 17 โ€ข
* Cast *
* Welcome Mocking Jay *
* 1 *
* 3 *
* 4 *
* 5 *
* 6 *
* 7 *
* 8 *
* 9 *
* 10 *
* 11 *
* 12 *
* 13 *
* 14 *
* 15 *
* 16 *
* 17 *
* 18 *
* 19 *
* 20 *
* 21 *
* 22 *
* 23 *
* 24 *
* 25 *
* 26 *
* 27 *
* 28 *
* 29 *
* 30 * - The End -
A year later after the ending
Authors note

* 2 *

6.6K 112 87
Par a-hopeless_romantic

—•—

——

When I woke up I wasn't in a white room anymore, I was in a bedroom. A giant window was shut tight only letting flickers of sun come through.

The door opened I fully expected an array of peacekeepers but it was only Peeta.

"Cypress." He breathed out as if he wasn't expecting to see me. "I've been looking in every room for you." He flung his arms around me, I quickly returned the hug.

As we hugged I saw something.

I grabbed the back of his head and pulled it down so I could see better. Little dots from needles traced along his neck.

"And their injecting us with something...
JabberJay venom?" I guessed, as I traces the black and purple dots. "You already have imprints from it." "But that's supposed to make you hallucinate? I haven't had any problems."

I sat for a while. We are in the Capital, half of me thinks it's a good place to be but the other half feels like it's the worst place to be.

The capital is doing something, I know it. "You're right, are you hungry?" "No not really, why?" "Have you eaten anything after the games?" "No?"

I thought back to what I've heard in the Capital.

"Back in the first rebellion they'd injected people with this thing, I don't know what it was called, I only heard stories about it. But it made your body slowly shut down. You didn't get hungry, and you had no control over your body and your movements... Peeta, their making us their mutts."

Before he could answer Emerald and a peacekeeper walked in. "Cypress we need to get you ready. Snow wants to see you." Emerald stood their silently.

"Okay." I looked at Peeta who shrugged.

We didn't walk to a dressing room like I thought we would, instead we walked into Snows office.

"Ahh, Cypress, please come in. Have a seat, make yourself comfortable." I looked around at Emerald who sat emotionless.

"I love seeing you in the capital again. I know some of your clients miss you. Atom especially." I held back an eye roll.

"I'm sure he does." "But you know who missed you the most?" "No?" "Come in!" I looked at the door and stood quickly.

Blossom walked in with peacekeepers on either side. She had a piece of fabric around her mouth making her almost choke.

"Blossom." I gasped. "What are you doing to her!" "Me? Nothing. You on the other hand." Snow said making me confused.

"You, Cypress, you have to make a choice. Either Emerald or Blossom." I looked at Emerald tears where in her eyes she as stared at the coffee table.

"You can't make me!" "Oh? Is that true?" He pressed a button on the television and played a video.

Screams were heard first. The camera focused on a house... my old house back in five, up in flames.

I shook my head. "Stop the video! Stop!" I yelled. "Do I have control?" He asked in a monotone voice. "Yes! Yes you do! You have full control!" I screamed as tears flooded my vision.

"Good, cause we always had." He smiled at me like I'm some sort of puppet. Which I guess is true.

"Okay! Okay! What do you want?"

"I want you to be the face of reason. The districts are rebelling. And with the death of Katniss, they won't listen to Peeta. But you, they know you and love you. They'll listen to you. And if you don't do what I say..."

Snow coughed as if that was the signal. The peacekeepers got the metal bars and jabbed them in Blossom's side, she seized up and fell forward. I quickly jumped to grab her.

"Okay! Enough!" I yelled demanding at the peacekeepers. "I'll do it!" "Good, your interview with Caesar is tomorrow. Emerald will help you get ready." I nodded at him with tears in my eyes.

"Take her away." They grabbed Blossom she screamed as they took her. "No! No! No!" "Now take Cypress."

Peacekeepers gripped my arms and pulled me away. They basically threw me in my room where Peeta still sat.

He ran over and put his hands on my shoulders as Emerald sat on the sofa.

"What did he do." "Blossom's here." "Roland's wife?" "Yes, Peeta." I can't remember Roland very well, but Blossom I remember and I know I can't lose her. Peeta grabbed me and pulled me into his chest. Tears stained his shirt but he didn't care.

I turned to see Emerald. She sat straight up and down.

"Em are you okay?" She looked over at us. "Emerald why won't you talk?" A single tear slid down her face.

"No." I ran over to her and grabbed her face. "Emerald? What did he do?" "Cypress what's wrong?" "They turned her into an Avox." "What?"

"They cut out her tongue Peeta. They do that to anyone who rebels against the capital." I pulled Emerald into a hug as she cried.

Did she tell me something that I should remember? Or did she hear something that she shouldn't have?

——

I laid in my bed awake just staring at the celling.
Peeta kept moving on the couch, we moved it so it's up against my bed.

"Hey Cypress, are you awake?" He whispered just in case I was asleep. "Yep." "Do you think they miss us?" Peeta asked me. "Who?" "Our families." "I don't know Peeta, mine are gone."

The video of my house burning down played in my head.

"I'm sorry." "It's alright."  We went back to silence for only a second until Peeta spoke again.

"Do you think there's something we could do?" I looked over at the couch I could make the outline of his body but nothing else.

"What do you mean?" "I just wish there was a way we could show them they don't own us. You know if I'm gonna die I wanna still be me." I grabbed another pillow and hugged it to my chest.

"You still have that chance Peeta. They've owned me since I won." "No." "What?" "They might have owned you then, but now. Now they don't, they can't control you or anyone anymore."

I didn't talk. I just remembered the video of my house burning down and my mothers screams.

"They own us Peeta. And they can control us." "But..." I cut him off before he could continue.  "Get some rest. I don't know what will happen tomorrow."

I heard a slight huff of annoyance come from him. "Okay, goodnight Cypress." "Goodnight Peeta."

After a few minutes Calm small snores came from Peeta.

I stared at the ceiling trying to remember.

What did Emerald say before the interview that would make the Capital take her tongue out?

I'm being injected with things that are making me change. Making me forget.

My name is Cypress Bennett. I was the winner of the 70th hunger games. Snow sold me for my body after I won. Leo was my partner. Lilac is my escort. Roland is married to Blossom, I think?

My name is Cypress Bennett. I've killed people. I was in the quarter quell. Johanna, Beetee, Katniss, Peeta, Finnick and Roland were in my group.

Finnick and I... Finnick, has... brown? No, blonde hair. And bl- Sea green eyes.

Finnick Odair is apart of district 4.

I'm apart of...

Apart of...

Apart of...

I am apart of the Capital.

— Third pov—

Peacekeepers walked carefully into Cypresses room. They injected them to make sure they stayed asleep then grabbed them. First taking Peeta away then Cypress.

After going down to the basement they sat her on a medical bed.

The doctor came in to examine her.

He carefully place headphones on her head that repeated.

There is no Finnick.

The Capital is good.

"Will this actually work?" President Snow came into the room. "I've only gotten rid of two peoples memories and there's were quick. But since she has known Finnick for years. And has a deep love for him, only time can tell." Snow nodded.

"If we keep injecting her with this." He held up a large syringe and placed it into Cypress arm.

"Whenever she says or hears Finnick's name. I believe it will get rid of the memory." "And replace it with." "Yes, when she thinks of Finnick Atom will appear." "And all her memories will change?" "Yes. Anything her and Finnick have done will become her and Atom."

President Snow smiled. "Good."

——

— Cypress pov —

I looked in the mirror as Emerald did my make up. I didn't recognize myself, dark circles were formed under my eyes. My stomach rumbled from the lack of food. I look and feel dead.

I wore a grey dress it was almost the same color as the circles under my eyes.

"My name is Cypress Bennett. I'm from district five. I won the 70th hunger games." I mumbled.

I got up and followed Emerald I sat in the seats Peeta and I sat in yesterday.

"My friends are Johanna Roland Finnick Beetee." I continued to mumble as Caesar sat in front of me.

"Good afternoon. This is a very special Broadcast, I am here with the lovely Cypress Bennett."

I looked up the camera is pointed at my face. A Peacekeepers stood next to the teleprompter the metal bar on Blossoms side ready to electrocute her at any moment. 

I was shaking uncontrollably, I tried to control myself.

"Hello." My voice squeaked. I swallowed hard trying to get my voice to normal but I was unable too.

"I come here with sad news Cypress. District eight has been blown up. The rebels are out of control."

Am I from district eight?

"That's terrible." "It is, Cypress how do you feel about the rebellion?" The camera zoomed in on my face.

Tears brined my eyes as I watched the peacekeeper grip Blossom tighter.

"Terrible. There should be no rebellion. This war is out of control, and unnecessary. We lived in harmony we lived peacefully. Why would you want to change that?" I read off the teleprompter.

Is this what I want? Would the Cypress from before want this?

"I see, how do you feel about Katniss being the face of it?" "I don't know." Blossom groaned slightly at the metal bar.

I thought Katniss died? I saw the videos!

Caesar coughed slightly catching my attention to read the teleprompter."Bad! It's bad! She should think about what she's doing! She's a kid. Barely seventeen years old. She doesn't know what she's doing. She shouldn't be in charge of this."

"And Finnick?" "Finn... Finnick." I breathed heavily as the next words on the screen formed.

"Finnick Odair is dead to me."

—•—

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

241K 3.6K 35
"I did not pull that trigger." "...But you handed me the gun." (timeline) Catching Fire - Mockingjay Part 2 #1- finnickodair #1- catchingfire #1- the...
177K 4.7K 48
A SNAKE HIDDEN UNDER THE SKIN OF A MASTERMIND She reads people as if they're books. She used people as if they're objects. She manipulated their mi...
73.4K 2K 28
โ› I WONDER WHAT WILL BE YOUR MOTIVE NEXT? YOUR WILL TO LIVE, OR YOUR WILL TO LOVE? โœ in which silver quinn must, once again, find...
2.9K 61 22
I am empty and want nothing more than to drown it all out--all of the fear, the guilt. The guilt. There is so much of it, all the time. Guilt for tho...