Arcadia's Love (Book TWO)

By MyLadyOfStories

(Sequel to The Fall Of Arcadia) The Doctor and Sera, finally together, finally a family. But there are things... More

The Wedding Part 1
The Wedding Part 2
The Wedding Part 3
Mr and Mrs Christmas
Dead?
Really Confusing...
Heartbreak
Silence?
Drowning
The Siren Song
Polyamorous Relation
Find the Babies
Gangers
Contractions
Our Precious Song
Lost and Found
Don't Skip 9
Wanted
Pranks
A Demon
Reflection
Popping In
One Last Good Dream
Daughter or Murder?
Burnt and Lost
Wanted: Dead or Alive
Remember Me?
Little and Broken, But Still Good
Possession
Date Night
Girls Night
Experiments
Running to the Ponds
Last Dance
Goodbye Magickal Princess
The Unknown Girl
Impossible and Unknown
Wifi Soup
Past's & Future's
Goodbye Song
That Sinking Feeling...
Fury of the Night
Body Swap
Journey to the Centre of Time
Alenna
Positive

Late For The Wedding

1.7K 32 8
By MyLadyOfStories

Amy Pond:

I was dreaming. Dreaming of the Doctor, and his magickal princess again. Sera. My sister. But that was stupid, I was an only child, both Rory and I were, I never had a sister, called Seraphina, or Alice. The sun woke me up in the morning, shining in through my windows and I sat up, looking at my wedding dress hanging up on the wardrobe. I was getting married today.

A woman walked in then, and for a moment, I didn't know who it was. "Morning!" She told me cheerfully, carrying a tray full of scrambled eggs and bacon. And then I remembered.

"You're my mum. Oh, my God. You're my mum." Why did it feel like I barely knew her? She raised me, made me into the girl, the woman, I now was.

"Well, of course I'm your mum. What's the matter with you? And this is your breakfast, which your father made, so feel free to tip it out of the window if it's an atrocity. Downstairs, ten minutes? Big day!" That sounded about right, but I didn't know why. She left the room and I got out of bed, looking at the dress, then back at the door.

"Of course she's my mum. Why is that surprising?" I muttered, eating quickly and taking the plate back downstairs.

I walked into the living room and then saw my dad. And he didn't look familiar either, but a feeling of excitement bubbled up inside me as he turned to see me. "Ah, Amelia. I fear I may have been using the same joke book as the best man."

"You're my tiny little dad!" I grinned, unable to contain myself as I hugged him.

My mum shook her head, and I realised I was being an idiot. "Amelia, why are you behaving as if you've never seen us before?"

"I don't know. It's just." But I couldn't explain it, so I just went back upstairs to have a look at my dress again. But I couldn't shake the feeling something was missing. That there was something that needed to be here, or maybe someone. But who?

My best bet was to phone Rory, who sounded like he was brushing his teeth as he answered the phone. That was fine, it meant I knew he'd done it. "Hello!"

"Do you feel like you've forgotten something really important?" I liked to get straight to the point. "Do you feel like there's a great big thing in your head, maybe two, and you feel like you should remember them, but you can't?"

"Yep."

That wasn't helping.

"Are you just saying yes because you're scared of me?"

"Yep."

God, he was so adorable. "I love you."

"Yep." I raised my eyebrows and he cleared his throat. "Er, I mean, I love you too!"

DW

I was Mrs Amelia Williams! I was married! But I still couldn't shake that there was something missing, something so, so forgotten, that needed to be remembered, and it had something to do with my dreams. But what?!

"Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, the father of the bride, Augustus Pond!"

Dad stood up, giving everyone an apologetic smile, faffing about with his queue cars. "Sorry, everyone. I'll be another two minutes. I'm just reviewing certain aspects." Please, please tell me there weren't audio visual aids...

"Your father, Amelia, will be the absolute death of me. Unless, of course, I strike preemptively." Ah, that'll be the day, paying mums bail after she tries to kill my dad after his team loses at foot ball.

And then I saw a woman, tall, with long blonde curls walk past the window to the reception room. Her eyes, her eyes were a soft grey, and for a moment, I swear they flashed brilliant gold. I stood up, looking at her, but then she faded out of sight.

"Amy? You okay?" Rory asked me, pulling me back down into my seat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded, still staring out of the window. This was the opposite of my parents. This time, this time I knew I knew her, but I didn't know how. I'd never seen her before, had I?

"Right." He paused for a moment. "Er, you're crying."

Dabbing at my cheeks, they came away wet. Why thought? "So I am. Why am I doing that?"

"Because you're happy, probably. Happy Mrs Rory. Happy, happy, happy." He was so adorable, and I knew that I should be happy, but why did I have a feeling of great loss in my stomach, something so, so important missing, and I didn't know why.

"No, I'm sad. I'm really, really sad."

Rory sighed shaking his head. "Great." No, he was good, he was so, so good. He was perfect.

"Why am I sad? What's that?" I pointed to a small blue covered thing next to him on the table. I knew it, but I hadn't seen it before.

"Oh, er, someone left it for you. A woman." He handed it to me

"But what is it?"

"It's a book."

The cover was such a rich, beautiful blue, with ridges, reminding me of carved wood. But when I opened it there was nothing written, no clues as to who that woman was, or what it was I was forgetting. "It's blank."

"It's a present."

I was still confused. "But why?"

"Well, you know the old saying. The old wedding thing. Huh? Amy, what? Hey." A tear fell down my cheek again and it landed on the faded blue cover.

"Ready now. Sorry about that. Last minute adjustments to certain aspects. Now then, it hardly seems a year since-" I tuned him out, seeing one of the guests with a bow tie, another with braces. Then I saw a woman with deep brown does eyes, and another rubbing their bare feet. "At the age of six and announced that the new head teacher wasn't real because she looked like a cartoon."

I got to my feet staring out at the empty dance floor. "Shut up, Dad!"

"Amy?"

"Amelia?"

"Sorry, but shut up, please. There's 2 people missing. People important. People so, so important." They were real, they weren't in my head.

"Amy, what's wrong?"

"Sorry. Sorry, everyone. But when I was a kid, I had imaginary friends."

Mum shook her head. "Oh no, not this again."

"The raggedy Doctor and his Magickal Princess. My Magickal Princess, my sister. But they weren't imaginary, they was real."

"The psychiatrists we sent her to-" Mum tried but I got louder, shutting her up.

"I remember you. I remember! I brought the others back, I can bring you home, too. Raggedy man and Seraphina, I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!" The glasses on the table started to rattle, very gently. "I found you both. I found you in words, just like you, Sera, like you two knew I would. That's why you told me the story the brand new, ancient blue box." There was a strong wind now, blowing the balloons around. "Oh, clever. Very clever."

"Amy, what is it?" Rory asked me, not remembering yet.

"Something old. Something new. Something borrowed. Something blue."

And then the TARDIS, the beautiful, brilliant, clever bigger on the inside box appeared in middle of the room. And then, then Rory remembered. "It's Seraphina and the Doctor. How did we forget Sera and the Doctor? I was plastic. They were the strippers at my stag. Long story." He told the person next to him as I climbed over the table, knocking on the wooden door.

"Okay, Sister, Doctor. Did I surprise you two this time?" Doubtful, what with her being able to tell the future and all.

The Doctor stuck his head out of the TARDIS. In a top hat and tails. "Er, yeah. Completely astonished. Never expected that. How lucky I happened to be wearing this old thing. Hello, everyone. I'm Amy's imaginary friend. But I came anyway. But, I seem to be all out of Magickal Princesses." Then his gaze fixed on the head table. "Or not."

"Hey, Amelia, turn around, sister." I did as she said, seeing her sat, feet on the table, in the maid of honours chair, wearing a long powder blue Alice in Wonderland dress, with no shoes on. Of course. Her long brown curls were in a loose bun, a pretty hat clip matching the Doctors on the side. "I knew you could do it."

"You absolutely, definitely may hug the bride." I laughed, running to hug her as she climbed over the table, the same as I did.

"Brand new Mister Pond, I do believe that you should be in on this hug, the man who waited 2000 years?" Sera grinned, hugging him next while I hugged the Doctor. I missed them, so, so much.

"No, I'm not Mister Pond. That's not how it works."

The two Time Lords nodded. "Yeah, it is. He's gunna be Doctor Pond someday."

"Yeah, it is." Rory agreed then, knowing that the Pond Family was growing. They had no choice about that, we were going to be kick ass!

"Right then, everyone. I'll move my box. You're going to need the space. I only came for the dancing. Oh, and to find where you were, my brilliant, beautiful Seraphina." The Doctor grabbed Sera, kissing her long and hard, dipping her to the floor and back, making her laugh in shock. They were back, and now we were a family again, the TARDIS family.

Seraphina:

"It's a Crazy Little Thing Called Love!" I sang, dancing along to the music with the Doctor, making Amy and all the little kids dancing along with us. This was good. I was back, I was alive, and so was he. I had my family, a real family after so, so long.

"You're terrible. That is embarrassing!" Amy laughed, and a little while later she was sat with Rory, resting against him as we were dancing with the rest of the kids. They were adorable, and they loved us.

"That's it. That's good. Keep it loose." The Doctor told them, doing some sort of bell thing, putting up your arms and shaking them from side to side. I was reminded slightly of a drunk giraffe.

When the first dance started, to their favourite song, You Give Something by James Morrison, we stood to the side, just watching them dance. My baby sister, the girl I protected with everything I had, she was finally grown up. She found herself the perfect man who would protect her with all he had. He'd already proven himself. Rory waited, protecting her for even longer.

"Two thousand years. The boy who waited. Good on you, mate." The Doctor smiled, kissing my head, and twirling me around as well, before we headed outside, walking back to the TARDIS. They deserved a little bit of normality before we dragged them back out to the stars, helping the universe keep moving.

My garden, well, Augustus's and Tabetha's garden really, it was never really mine, was still beautiful, thought I had to say that I had looked after it much better, and the TARDIS was parked just through the trellis. It never exploded.

"Did you both dance?" A familiar voice asked from behind us, and we turned to see River watching us. "Well, you two always dance at weddings, don't you?"

"You tell us." I told her, brushing my hair, now tumbling down from its bun, out of my face to look at my daughter.

That warranted a grin. "Spoilers." She loved that word more than I did.

The Doctor handed her the Vortex Manipulator, while I fished out the book. "The writing's all back, but I didn't peek. I know Rule 12 better than anyone, my Lovely."

"Thank you."

"Where's your family, River? Your mum and dad, brothers, sisters?"

"Around."

"Near or far?"

"Around."

Laughing, I shook my head. "You know she can't tell you, my Angel."

The Doctor gave her a long, hard look. He really couldn't see who she was, could he? "River, who are you?"

"You're going to find out very soon now. And I'm sorry, but that's when everything changes. See you around, Seraphina." Then she vanished in a haze of sparks.

"Nah." He shook his head, unlocking the TARDIS and pulling me in with him. And then he kissed me again, his hands finding my waist and then pulling my legs up around him. A minute later, I was sat on the console, hands tangled in his hair and his brushing the top of my underwear. "I love you, I love you so, so much..."

And then the other two Ponds walked in. "Oi! Where are you two off to?" And then Amy groaned. "Ohhh, that's gross... Sera, close your legs and put the Doctor down!"

"Amy!"

"Shut up. It's my wedding, not yours!"

Rory had a complaint then. "Our wedding."

Grinning, I slipped down off the console, pulling the Alice in Wonderland dress down to cover my underwear. "Sorry, you two. Shouldn't have slipped away. Bit busy, you know?"

"You just saved the whole of space and time? Take the evening off. Maybe a bit of tomorrow." Rory told us, coming up and hugging me again. He was alive again, he also wasn't able to melt anymore.

"Space and time isn't safe yet. The TARDIS exploded for a reason. Something drew the TARDIS to this particular date, and blew it up. Why? And why now?" The phone started ringing.

"The Silence, whatever it is, is still out there, and I have to. Excuse me a moment." I answered the phone. "Hello?" The Queen of some place introduced herself. "Oh, hello. I'm sorry, this is a very bad line. No, no, no, but that's not possible." She told me about some Goddess on the space Orient Express. "She was sealed into the seventh Obelisk. I was the one who sealed her, and the Doctor was at the prayer meeting. Well, no, I get that it's important. An Egyptian goddess loose on the Orient Express, in space. Give us a mo." I looked at my sister and her brand new husband, one of my best friends. "Sorry, something's come up. This will have to be goodbye."

"Yeah, I think it's goodbye. Do you think it's goodbye?" Amy asked him, looking towards the door.

He nodded his agreement. "Definitely goodbye."

Amy went to the door and shouted to Leadworth, "Goodbye!" Then again quieter for herself. "Goodbye."

"Don't worry about a thing, your Majesty. We're on our way." I grinned, then hung up. We had a universe to save.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 7.1K 21
*SEQUEL TO 'MY BOW TIE WEARING TIME LORD* Madison Brown. She got shot by River song. The jealous wife of her boyfriend, The Doctor. Everyone watched...
8.3K 291 35
With Seraphina lost and found all at the same time, the Doctor tries to find his beloved, before she'd due, and after that, what will happen? Will th...
51.1K 1.5K 18
| 11th Doctor | Ophelia Pandora, the most impossible soul to have blessed the universe with her presence. She drives him mad, but she's also the only...
8.3K 272 6
Yet another 13th Doctor x River Song story; The Doctor is travelling around with her companions as always, but lands on a planet and finds her wife...