Forever Julia

By Tyrantris

With her mom constantly moving for business trips, Julia has no other option but to go and stay with her aunt... More

Author's note
A LITTLE INFORMATION
1| Another fresh start
2| The invite
3| New faces, new problems
4| The party
5| A simple drive home
6| Bloody Mary

7| A thing or nothing

0 0 0
By Tyrantris

FINALLY, the last period of the day and luckily, it was PE and all I wanted was to get through it without any discomforts. Dylan, Miller, Cyan, Diane and her squad were all in this same class which meant I had to try and ignore Diane as much as possible. The coach had us put into two groups: defence and offense.

It was volley ball which to me, was not that bad of a sport. Dylan had gotten separated from me into the other group with Diane and a few more people, while Cyan, Miller and I with a few other people where in the same group.

My anxiety had gone up a bit and Miller had noticed but she put a hand on my shoulder saying that I should just relax and reassuring me that it will be fun.

Honestly, she has been one of the best and closest friends since I arrived here. Even in London, I wasn’t that close to my supposed best friend this much or maybe we weren’t even best friends.

“I’ll take it easy on you. Don’t worry.’’ Dylan winked at me before making his way to the other side of the net.

Beside me, was Cyan, giving Miller flirty Eyes and I was happy that she had found someone that she was falling for but I wasn’t in any way happy that it was Cyan. The thought of it made me sick and I wanted to advice her not to go out with him, but I knew that wasn’t in my place.

She had the right to date whoever she wants. Well except for Dylan of course. He’s mine.

Volley ball was fun even though Diane glared at me multiple times. But Cyan was surprisingly good at it which made it tough for the other teams to beat us. After sports, everyone was rushing to get home or rather go to the showers. But I on the other hand was walking up to meet Dylan before he leaves.

To my utter most shock, Diane came up to me, “hey… Julia right?’’ she asked obviously pretending like she was trying to remember me which clearly, she obviously did.

“Oh hi Diane.” I said in a sarcastic tone whilst rolling my eyes. What on earth could she possibly want? I think I’d prefer Cyan disturbing me right now to this brat.

“So you should probably know by now that I’m the head of the extracurricular activities board.” No I did not know that. “And you should also know that without engaging in an extracurricular activity, especially in senior year, you will hardly get into any college.”

“Well thanks for informing but I think with my perfect grades, not to brag, that will hardly be a problem for me.” I said as I attempted walking away. But she still held me back with a hand in front of my face. “Oh dear honey, with Cyan, my boyfriend just so you know, it will be extremely tough for you being second place in everything with no extra sport or activity you’re doing and we won’t want that to happen will we?”

I honestly just wanted to scratch the makeup off her face with my bare hands. It was clear that she was just trying to use this to get to me. Diane doesn’t care whether I get into my dream college, she just wanted to use my oblivion against me. And is Cyan still dating her. That liar.

Hopefully, she’s just trying to make me jealous with that instead of saying the truth. Well she failed woefully at trying to get me jealous by using Cyan. She failed a lot.

I’m better than this girl, I thought to myself, and that is why I decided to be the bigger person which I clearly am and I’m not going to let this insecure, little Regina George get to me.
I sighed, “Thanks for the information Diane. I’ll sign up for something.’’

~~~

Sadly, I couldn’t meet up with Dylan after school. One because, he was nowhere to be found and had probably gone home and two, my aunt had already come to pick me before I could ask Miller or Asher if they happened to know where he was. In the car ride home, my mind wandered.

It wandered from what Diane had told me about, what Cyan said to me in the restroom today, and weirdly, I thought about if I and Dylan end up getting married in the future, does that mean that Diane would be my sister in law? OH HELL NO! That is a nightmare which I pray will eventually be solved before then, that is, if we do get married. I don’t even know if I and Dylan are a thing or nothing and I’m here thinking of marriage.

We didn’t really make it official and that gives me anxiety anytime I think about the fear of him saying that he likes me but for now we’re just friends or, I like you but I’m not sure really sure if I’m ready for a relationship or the worst of them all. The one that could make me have a seizure. Him saying, I don’t like you that way Julia, I just wanted us to be close friends. But those flowers, the compliments, the dates, they mean something right?

When we got home, I was famished and all I wanted to do was to put on some comfy clothes, eat something and chill but a few minutes before I could do anything, the doorbell rang.

“Julia! There’s someone here to see you!” my aunt yelled from the living room.

“Coming!’’ I responded.

I was surprised to see Dylan standing there looking all cute with his pretty brown eyes. He didn’t tell me he was coming and I sure wasn’t prepared to see him. My hair was in a messy bun and I was pretty sore from PE today. “Heyyy, I didn’t know you were coming. I would have dressed… well, more appropriately.’’ I said as I hugged him slightly.

My aunt decided to give us some privacy by leaving the living room.

“I just wanted to see you.” He said.

He said as we both sat beside each other on the couch. “I’ve been meaning to ask you, Julia Roberts, will you be my girlfriend?’’ I froze and I felt a sudden euphoria flow all over my body.

All that anxiety I’d been having about knowing whether Dylan liked me or not was gone immediately that question was asked and I guess that some people play hard to get in these kind of situations and probably say ‘they’ll think about it’, but I had been thinking about it all day and all I wanted to say in that moment was, “of course I’ll be your girlfriend Dylan.’’

“Phew. You hesitated for so long; I thought you were going to say no.” He breathed out a chuckle.

We sat down there for a while just talking and laughing about stuff. Although, what Cyan had told me earlier was still making me a little bit confused. I wanted to ask Dylan about it but I didn’t want to spoil or bring any negativity into the happiness that we were feeling and that’s how it’s going to be from now on. Yes I know we might have our disagreements from time to time, but I’ll try my best to make our relationship perfect. I finally get to be the lead role in my life like those romance novels I usually read and I’m not going to let anything ruin it.

~~~

My body was still sore but there’s just something that feels nice about it. I know I probably sound like a weirdo right now, but its feels comfortable. It’s like a bitter-sweet pain and I like it. My cramps were long gone by now and I was preparing for bed when I got a text from Dylan saying good night with kiss emoji’s. He’s so romantic; I don’t believe anything Cyan told me. He’s caring and loving. I responded with a heart emoji’s. Before I could even put down my phone to sleep, Cyan texted me.

Cyan: Hey angry bird😏

Me: you just won’t stop calling me that will you?
Me: I was about to go to bed. What do you want?

Cyan: I’m bored and I can’t sleep.

Me: Then drink milk. Goodnight.

Cyan: Come onnn. Can we play truth or dare or something? Just for a while.

Me: I hate that game.

Cyan: okay…then can we call instead?

Me: call? Why?

Cyan: Pleaseee?

Me: Fine just one minute🙄

Cyan: Good

What did Cyan want to talk to me about on a call? I mean it would just be awkward and we won’t have anything to say to each other. He’ll probably mock or tease me throughout the call and I’ll just be bored. He spoke in slurry, deep voice, “Hey angry bird.’’

“Hey very annoying person.’’ I responded.

“Must you honestly be so mean. It was just a pencil and all I’ve tried to do after that is be nothing but nice to you.’’ He said.

“Nice? Seriously? You think you’re nice? You dragged me inside a toilet, talked bad about my boyfriend, yelled at me and the slammed the door at my face and you think that’s being nice. I don’t know what your definition of nice is, but I know it’s definitely wrong."

“Okay, I’m sorry.” He said.

“Yeah right.’’ I said sarcastically.

He couldn’t see the eye roll I did through the phone which made me upset.

“I’m actually really sorry though. Let’s just be friends and stop all this bickering. We’re seniors after all.” He spoke.

I actually thought about why I and Cyan were actually fighting in the first place and I didn't seem to have any reasonable reason.

Besides I and Dylan were dating and Cyan's relationship with girls was none of my business which meant that we could actually be friends but before we become ‘friends’, I have to ask Cyan about him and Diane because, I can’t be his friend if he’s playing my best friend.

“Fine. I guess you’re right, we can be friends but first I have one question.’’

“Okay?” he responded.

“Are you and Diane still together? Because she made it kind of clear when she spoke to me and I thought you like Miller.’’

He hesitated a little before responding, “we broke up days ago but she somehow doesn’t want to let it go.’’

He sounded kind of believable for the first time, or maybe it’s just because I couldn’t see his annoying smirk through the phone. And it also sounds like something Diane could do.

We talked for a little while longer and to be honest, he can actually be a fun person to talk to if I don’t think of how annoying he can also be.

Hey guys! I'm sorry if I'm not updating as fast, but I'm trying to update as fast as I can with satisfying chapters.

I have school and exams coming up so it's going to be a lot harder but I'll continue trying. I hope you're enjoying the book so far. Please don't be a silent a reader and remember to comment if there are any mistakes as it will really help.

Xoxo, Tyrantris.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.4K 29
Alexandra has to live with the so called bad boy while her mom goes on a business trip. does living together make them fall in love or just make them...
484K 8K 52
Everly is a shy, quiet girl who only wishes to get through her last year of high school. She has no one except her best friend Bella who is a trouble...
18.7K 739 27
Jane wants nothing more than to get through her junior year peacefully. Over the summer a number of things happened. A. She grew breasts! Yippee! Mo...
747K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...