Leaves brought by Love (Mitsu...

By keishirogane08

As the leaves turn red........the leaves fall......... I met her, under the falling maple leaves........ She... More

Character Info and Breathing Style
Prologue
Thoughts about the OC and to the Hashiras
Chapter 2: Moonlit Breeze, Scent of Blood
Chapter 3: Sorrows of the Leaf, Unheard Voices
Chapter 4: The Leaf Hashira
Chapter 5: Joyous Celebration, Warm Moonlight
Chapter 6: The Kishiwada Danjiri Incident
Chapter 7: The boy with the Hanafuda Earrings
Chapter 8: Scattered Leaves, Shattered Smiles
Chapter 9: Scarlet Leaves, Pursuing Endless Winds
Chapter 10: Reunion
Chapter 11: Roaring Thunder, Falling Leaves
Chapter 12: Returning Leaves
Chapter 13: Rekindling Lost Love
Chapter 14: The Butterfly Estate
Chapter 15: A New Mission
Chapter 16: The Infinity Train
Chapter 17: Dreams, Illusions, Reality
Chapter 18: Set your heart ablaze
Chapter 19: Recovery
Chapter 20: The Red Light District
Chapter 21: Battle of the Red Light District - Prelude
Chapter 22: Upper Six
Chapter 23: A Hard Battle
Chapter 24: Waning Moon
Chapter 25: The Swordsmith Village
Chapter 26: Invasion of the Swordsmith Village
Chapter 27: Dawn's Light

Chapter 1: Leaves meet Love

4.2K 104 22
By keishirogane08

3rd POV. Dojo, Rengoku Residence.

It's been two years since Akito became a Demon Slayer and he's currently a Kinoe.

He's under the tutelage of Kyojuro to become his Tsuguko but Akito can't master the Flame Breathing as he is not really used to it as he has his own swordsmanship.

When Kyojuro learned that the Kaedehara Clan had their own sword art, he suggested that Akito use the sword art and a create a breathing technique with it.

Also, Akito revealed his true nature to Kyojuro. The Flame Hashira had doubts about Akito but.....the fact that he can walk in the Sun and still eat ordinary food like a human person.......

Kyojuro thought that Akito could've been joking. But when Akito revealed that he can use Blood Demon Art that involves the manipulation of the wind, illusion, and uses leaves as a medium........

The Flame Hashira told Akito to name his breathing technique as Leaf Breathing.

It may sound lackluster but that is connected to Akito's personality of being carefree as a leaf that is dancing in wind.

Akito also inquired if he can learn the Wind Breathing since his element is wind but Sanemi, who bears great resentment to demons, didn't want to associate with Akito.

So, Akito was forced to create his own breathing styles with four forms that also utilizes his clan's swordsmanship and his own demon powers.

As of now, he's still perfecting his forms.

And is training at the dojo with wooden swords, with his mentor and friend, Kyojurou.

Kyojuro: Flame Breathing, Third Form: Blazing Universe!

Kyojuro performs a powerful downward slash, but Akito knowing his move, he jumped from a decent height and performed to counter it.

Akito: Breath of Leaves, Second Form: Midare Ranzan.

Kyojuro: !!!

Akito plunges down with a powerful slash that sends powerful gusts of wind, he didn't manifest his Blood Demon Art because if he did, he'll be able to destroy the Rengoku Household with it.

Rengoku lost his footing and grip on his sword, though Akito's wooden sword didn't made contact with his, the shockwave from Akito's Leaf Breathing, Second Form is powerful enough even without the aid of a blood demon art.

Kyojuro: It only took him two years to grow up to this point. Considering that he's still not using his demonic attributes.

Kyojuro: No, probably, even without his demon powers, he will be able to reach this point due to him training swordsmanship at the age of nine.

Kyojuro: Not to mention, the Kaedehara Swordsmanship is no joke and it will take at least four years to master. I heard from him that he mastered it within just a year.

Kyojuro: A prodigy so it seems.

Kyojuro finish his thoughts as he saw his junior reaching his hand towards him and giving him a smile.

Kyojuro: Good work for today, Kaedehara!

Kyojuro takes Akito's hand to help him stand up.

Akito: Thank you, Kyojuro-sensei. It's because of you I was able to make this far.

Kyojuro: Hahahahaha! No, no. It's all on you. I was never able to teach you Flame Breathing because you were not compatible with it.

Kyojuro: But to think you were able to improve your own breathing technique within just a year is already praiseworthy.

Akito: Thanks.

Kyojuro and Akito sat at the veranda while both of them are eating onigiris.

Kyojuro: Oh, Akito, I forgot to tell you this.

Akito to slowly swallowed a portion of the onigiri and looked at his mentor with a questioning face.

Akito: ???

Kyojuro: There will be a new Tsuguko under me. Since you already created your new breathing style, you won't be able to inherit my position as a Hashira.

Akito: Oh. It's fine, as long as that person be able to inherit your position as the Flame Hashira.

Akito: But, Sensei, I heard that the Flame Breathing is passed down to the Rengoku Family from generation to generation.

Kyojuro: Yes. If I die or retire as a Hashira.......

Kyojuro: My little brother will be the one to replace me.

Akito: But from I can see, Senjuro is still young and he may have other dreams other than being a Demon Slayer.

Kyojuro: You're right.

Akito: Sorry, if I really wasn't able to master the Flame Breathing and become your true successor.

Kyojuro: Haha! You don't have to think about it too much!

Kyojuro: You may not have mastered the Flame Breathing, but the flame that is burning within you is strong and unwavering!

Kyojuro: I also heard about your mission when you defeated the Former Lower Moon One and Two before you became a Kinoe.

Akito: And I guess I know where this is going.

Kyojuro: You don't want to be a Hashira?

Akito: I don't know. I only became a Demon Slayer is for me to protect people with my strength, and to find answers about my mother.

Akito: Was it because she betrayed the demons? Also, I noticed that when I faced the two former members of the Twelve Kizuki, they would always utter the moniker, "Traitor of the Moons."

Kyojuro: ........

Kyojuro: It may not be safe for me to assume this but........

Kyojuro: Your mother could've been a member of the Twelve Kizuki. Didn't your father tell you about your mother's demonic attributes?

Akito: In fact, my father only knew that mother is a demon. If Mother was a member of the Twelve Kizuki, then Father would've said that she had the words in her eyes that indicates her rank among the Twelve Kizuki.

Kyojuro: That makes sense, or your mother chose to hide it, perhaps.

Akito: *sigh*

Akito: But the fact that a half-demon like me can walk in the Sun. Maybe that explains why I can't go outside in the past.

Kyojuro: You mean, your demon blood is somehow weaker?

Akito: I guess. I mean, sure I got my mother's looks, and her Blood Demon Art.

Akito: But the fact that I can't regenerate, is a proof that my human blood is still stronger.

Akito: I inherited only the looks and the blood demon art, but I guess I still have to find out, only time will tell.

Kyojuro: That's the spirit, Kaede!

Akito and Kyojuro continue to eat the onigiris. Unlike Kyojuro who has a large appetite, Akito is just pretty much normal.

He's still dumbfounded on how can Kyojuro eat so much.

Akito: So, Sensei, about your new Tsuguko, can you tell me about them?

Kyojuro: Hmmmm, I heard that they're physically strong!

Akito: Is that only the information you got?

Kyojuro: Hahahaha! No need to worry about it, Kaede! I'm sure you can get along with them!

Akito can sense that the wind around Kyojuro is full of confidence and trust.

Akito: If Sensei trusts the new Tsuguko, then who am I to doubt? Kyojuro-sensei is a good judge of character.

Akito: If that's what you say, Sensei.

Akito continued to eat the onigiri on his hand as he gazes upon the leaves that turned to red, dancing as they slowly fall to the ground.

Akito: Fall, huh?

Akito: My father once told me that fall is the season of change.

Akito: And the season of goodbyes.

Kyojuro: ..........

Akito: "So many goodbyes happen when the maple leaves turn red."

Akito: That is how he described it when my mother died.

Kyojuro: Your mother died? But how?

Akito: My father doesn't even know how but......he felt it when he knew that a piece of my mother's kimono was found on the site of the incident.

Akito: I was so young when my mother died........

Akito: I never even got the chance to meet her.

Kyojuro: And you became a Demon Slayer just to find answers about your mother?

Akito: Yes.

Akito: And to find her killer and ask the reason why they killed my mother.

Kyojuro: Your reason is like the same as most of the Demon Slayers.

Kyojuro: Set your heart ablaze, Kaede. Let your leaves burn bright red like the autumn winds.

Kyojuro finished the fourth onigiri as he stood up.

Kyojuro: I'm going to meet the new Tsuguko, you want to come with me?

Akito: I'll pass, sensei. I want to meditate for a while and continue practicing Total Concentration Breathing.

Kyojuro smiled at his Tsuguko.

Kyojuro: Umu! Then, I'll go ahead. Don't worry, I'll bring them here so that you can meet them.

Akito: Okay.

Kyojuro left the dojo and went ahead to meet the new Tsuguko.

While Akito, went on top of a sturdy branch, took his seat, and focused on using the Total Concentration Breathing along with practicing his blood demon art.

Akito: "Kumo takaki. Higure no sora ni. Kokori moyu." (Solitary cloud, shadow in the setting sun, stirs the drifter's heart.)

Akito: *sigh*

Akito: "If one's heart is empty, all under heaven is empty. If one's heart is pure, all under heaven is pure."

Akito: Demons and humans are both living beings, yet demons kill each other, while humans fight back to defend and survive.

Akito: Why did demons became somehow the embodiment of evil, if some of them, never even wanted to become a demon.

Akito: The world really works in complicated ways that we humans sometimes fail to comprehend.

Akito manifested the wind as maple leaves also swirl with them.

Akito: I never knew that mother's blood demon art would be this beautiful.

Akito: As if I'm creating an art with this.

Kyojuro: Kaede, here she is!

Hearing Kyojuro's voice, Akito sensed Kyojuro's wind, and another unfamiliar wind.

Akito stood from on the branch and turn around to see the Tsuguko.

The new tsuguko is a girl with pink to lime green hair that are tied into three braids, left and right, then the back braid, she is wearing the standard Demon Slayer outfit and is having a shy expression.

Akito: So, this is the new Tsuguko that Kyojuro-sensei was talking about.

The girl still can't discern Akito's face as her view of him is being obscured by the leaves of the tree.

She politely bows but in a flustered manner.

???: N-Nice to meet you, senpai! I'm Rengoku-san's new tsuguko! I'm looking forward in working together with you!

The girl, can't help but be curious because she heard Akito's voice.

???: That's certainly a voice of a male! But the tone of his voice is calm and serene! It's just like Oyakata-sama's voice! But I feel like there is a gentle breeze when I heard his voice?

While the girl is in her thoughts, Akito who can see the girl from his view, asked the girl.

Akito: What's your name?

Mitsuri: Kanroji Mitsuri.

Akito: Kaedehara Akito.

The Demon Slayer named Kanroji Mitsuri was shocked as she also knew the stories about the Kaedehara Clan.

Mitsuri: W-What!? A member of the legendary Kaedehara Clan!?

Kyojuro: He is! In fact, he is the next head of the Kaedehara Clan.

This caused Mitsuri to be even more nervous as her senpai, is the next heir of a prominent clan.

Mitsuri: O-Oh no! If I mess up! Then, Rengoku-san won't be the one to put to shame. My senpai who came from a legendary clan.....

Mitsuri: AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I'M SO NERVOUS!

Mitsuri's nervousness didn't go unnoticed by Akito.

Akito: There is no need to be nervous, Kanroji-san. Calm yourself, after all, we all went through that phase as well.

Akito: It's a matter of overcoming your anxiety or succumbing to it.

Akito: You are a Tsuguko of the Flame Hashira. A flame burns bright no matter what.

Akito: No matter what obstacles are on it's way.

Mitsuri: !?

These words from Akito, were enough for Mitsuri to conclude that her senior, is a good person. Although she still haven't saw Akito's face, she can feel that she'll be okay.

Mitsuri: T-Thank you, Kaedehara-senpai!

Kyojuro: Mm! Couldn't have said it better than myself, Kaede!

Akito: I am her senior disciple, Sensei. A senior disciple guides their juniors to reach their potential.

Suddenly, a Kasugai Crow named Hayate, Akito's crow delivered a new mission for Akito.

Hayate: Kaedehara-sama, you've been assigned to a new mission.

Akito: Where?

Hayate: Head to the Kansai Region, the Former Imperial Capital, the City of Kyoto.

Hayate: A demon has been spotted in the city.

Akito: I see. Thanks.

Akito then looked at his mentor.

Akito: Sensei, looks like I'll be heading to my mission.

Kyojuro: Umu! Best of luck to you, Kaede!

Akito: Thank you.

Akito: Then, I'll be going now, Kyojuro-sensei.

Akito: Kanroji-san, it's unfortunate that we met under these circumstances.

Akito: I would like to hear your story sometime.

As fate would have it, the wind blew as the leaves began to fly towards the direction of the wind.....

Mitsuri closed her eyes to protect herself from dust but when she opened them and looked at the direction where Akito was standing.......

She finally saw the face of her senior. A young man with platinum blonde hair with a single streak of red on the right side, eyes as red as the red maple leaves.

Mitsuri: *gasp*

Akito smiled at his mentor and junior, as he disappeared when the maple leaves blocked their view of Akito.

Mitsuri: Ah, he disappeared.

Kyojuro: Hahahaha! He's fast, I'll tell you that! Though he is still a Kinoe, I believe he could outmatch the other hashira in speed alone!

Mitsuri: T-That's my senpai!? He looks like he's around my age!

Mitsuri: U-Um, Rengoku-san, how old is Kaedehara-senpai?

Kyojuro: If I'm not mistaken, he joined the Corps when he was sixteen.

Kyojuro: It's been two years since then, so, he's seventeen now!

Mitsuri: We're at the same age!

Mitsuri: Um, Rengoku-san, may I ask a question about Kaedehara-senpai.

Kyojuro: Sure, what is it?

Mitsuri: Is he strong?

Kyojuro: Strong? Hm.....

Kyojuro: He managed to defeat a two members of the Lower Moons before becoming a Kinoe.

Kyojuro: Even I myself find it amazing!

Mitsuri: Really!?

Kyojuro: In fact, he's getting stronger and stronger each passing day! We just had a sparring match earlier and I lost to him!

Mitsuri: What!?

Kyojuro: In fact, at this point, he's already at a level of a Hashira.

Kyojuro: Sooner or later......

Kyojuro: Oyakata-sama is going to appoint him as a new hashira.

Kyojuro: Oyakata-sama have been curious about him and I told him everything that he needs to know about Akito.

Kyojuro: Oyakata-sama smiled and he said that he'll add him as another hashira since he's been my tsuguko for two years now.

Kyojuro: And as his mentor, I'm proud of him!

The Demon Slayer named Kaedehara Akito.......

Mitsuri heard just a fragment about him through Kyojuro.......

But she's already curious about Akito........

For now, she'll have to wait for the meantime.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 10.4K 17
Yandere Hashira X Female Reader Yandere Kimetsu no yaiba x Female Reader Yandere Demon Slayer x Female Reader y/n wakes up in a dark forest with n...
4.2K 219 32
โNothing ever ends poetically. It ends and we turn into poetry. All the blood was never once beautiful, it was just red.โž A story of a half breed, h...
707K 20.9K 79
From the first encounter he considers you as his princess. However you start to grow feelings towards him because of the way he acts towards you all...
255K 7.6K 21
**WARNING, CONTAINS LEMON! "๐™ธ๐š ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š‹๐š, ๐š›๐šŽ๐š–๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š›, ๐šข๐š˜๐šž'๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐š ๐š‘๐š˜ ๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ ๐š–๐šข ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š ๐š™๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š ๐š‘๏ฟฝ...