Tara's Story

By Blitzluver

Tara was a mostly normal werewolf, with a mostly normal life. A mother, a pack, a shy mate, and a best friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Big long Author's note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55a
Chapter 55b
Chapter 56
Epilouge

Chapter 19

1.7K 28 4
By Blitzluver

Ten minutes later, I had every single paper read over and signed. They would be looked over and sent in before I would be Mirabelle’s official guardian. Until then, I would just continue with everyday life. So I returned Alice’s car and headed home after a long day.

I got home to find all the boys gone. Probably went on patrol with Sam or something. I happily took off the heels and put on much more comfortable attire consisting of holey jeans and a t-shirt. I washed my dressy outfit and got it ready for whenever I would need it again. After a hotdog for supper, I decided to call Mom.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Hey mom, it’s Tara. Just calling in.”

“Oh hi! It’s so good to hear from you! I got your videos; I liked the one where you were playing piano.”

“Wait, what?” I was playing piano? Who was filming that? I don’t recall seeing that in the film. I’ll have to check that out later.

“Yeah and how you introduced all those people. I’m assuming most of them were werewolves since they didn’t wear shirts. Quil was surely a looker.”

“Mom!” I scorned. She could be so crazy sometimes.

“So anyways, did you get the house?”

“Yes I did actually! That’s sort of what I’m calling about. I was wondering if you could bring the stuff from my old room, belongings and such. The bed and dresser too, I can use them for the spare bedroom. I miss my teddy bear, Mr. Cuddles, and it’s just not home without him.”

She laughed. “Yes, I suppose I can bring them over. I would like to see your house anyways. Where is this place again?”

I gave her directions, and she said “ok. I’ll come over in a few days.”

“Well, it’s late.”

 I said, looking at the clock. “And it’s been a long day I better go.”

“Oh, ok bye.”

“Bye.” I said, hanging up. Then, I breathed easy. Everything was coming into place.

I went upstairs and changed into some PJs. Then, I snuggled into my bed and fell asleep.

Next morning, I got ready for work and returned Alice’s car, getting to the diner just barely on time. “Hey.” Penny smiled. “Did you get the house?”

“Oh yeah. After a hard day’s work I got it furnished too, with some friends help of course though.”

“That’s great! Don’t forget to invite me over sometime though.”

“Well, you could come over today after our shift. I have nothing planned.”

“Ok, sure.” She smiled and washed a table while I set up another one. Then, the shaggy blonde, Brandon, walked in. I narrowed my eyes upon his arrival, but didn’t say anything. He came over by me. I turned to him and crossed my arms.

“What do you want?”

“Well, I would like to apologize for the last week. You helped made me realize how rude we were being and I want to change that. I don’t want to be a jerk anymore. I want to have a real relationship. And you helped me realize that. So, I came here to apologize and to thank you for helping me coming back to reality.” I raised my eyebrow thinking, oh really?

But, he did seem to be sincere, so I forgave him. “Apology accepted.”

He beamed. “That’s great! Thanks again. Anyways, would you like to-”

“No.” I said flatly.

“Not even-”

“No.”

“But-”

“No. Aren’t you like, 16 anyway? I’m way out of your league, trust me. Doesn’t matter anyway, I have a boyfriend already. Even though I accepted your apology, doesn’t mean I forgive you. I would suggest looking for some other fish in the sea.”

“Yeah, ok. Thanks again.” He said, walking to the door.

“Brandon!” I called after him.

“What?” he asked turning around and smiling.

“Stay away from the friends of yours. I think they eat too much chicken for their own good.” I grinned.

He laughed and said “Yeah, I will.” Then he walked out.

I just smiled to myself, and got back to work. “That was interesting.” Commented Penny.

“No kidding. A little unexpected too. But, life throws random stuff at us. We just take it in stride.” I said looking at her.

She thought about it for a moment and laughed. “I guess so. Do you even have a boyfriend?”

“No. Well, kind of. Not quite. I’ll tell you later.”

“Ok then.” She said, suspicious.

“Let’s get back to work.” I said, getting off topic. We did, until the end of our shift, around 6pm.

After I hung up my apron, I walked outside and shivered. December is definitely on its way. I wouldn’t be surprised if it snowed any of these days. Then, it hit me. I don’t have a car to take Penny to my house. I mean, I just ran to work all the time. “So where are we headed?” she asked, coming up from behind.

“Uh...”

“Well, I’m driving, so you better give me some. I don’t let strangers drive my car.” She said, walking to over a tan car. I breathed a sigh of relief. Since she had her own car, I wouldn’t have to explain my lack of one. I jumped into the passenger seat as Penny started it up.

“Ok, we’ll take a right out of here.” I said, starting up the long list of directions. Once we got there, I had her park in the garage. We walked inside and I asked “What do you want to eat?”

“Oh, um it doesn’t matter.” She said, looking around. “This place is huge!” she exclaimed.

I just laughed to myself in the kitchen, as I got out a pan. “Yeah, that’s what everyone says.”

Once I finished, I brought it to the table, and called out to Penny, who was standing in the living room. I served our share, and put the leftovers in the fridge before sitting down to eat myself. Penny had already taken a few bites. “This is really good.” She said

“Oh, thanks. It’s my Mom’s recipe. Cordon Bleu casserole.”

“Really? Does she live around here too?”

“No, she’s in Montana.”

“Oh.” She said, taking another bite. Once she swallowed, she asked “So tell me about this guy who’s not your boyfriend, but kind of is.”

Dang, I hoped she’d forget about that. Oh well, might as well tell her. She’s bound to find out one way or another. “Well, his name is Conner. I didn’t exactly live him, but we were at the same house a lot. I used to think I loved him, and that he loved me, but he never said anything and then I moved here. So I never found out. He’s back in Montana now. Along with the rest of my past.” I said, thinking back to that place I used to call home, while staring off into the distance.

“I see. Well, you seem to be fine without him.” She said, taking another bite.

“Yeah, that’s what everyone says.” I said sadly. It truly did seem like everyone thought I seemed fine without Conner. But, I wasn’t so sure. My heart kept screaming for him to come, arguing with my head, which was just following other people’s thoughts on me and him.  I felt though as if I was still living a half-life, even with all this love and comfort around me. I needed him.

I needed Conner.

With this new realization, I stood up and ran over to my phone on the counter. “Tara!” yelled Penny from the table. “What are you doing?”

“I’m calling him.” I said, dialing the pack house’s phone.

“Hello?” asked a low voice. Sounded like Randy to me.

“Um, hi. I’m looking for Conner. Is he there?” I asked, praying he wouldn’t recognize my voice.

“No. He’s not with us.” The voice said, sadly. Just the way he said it sent chills up back. Not with us? Does that mean he’s dead? Oh god, I hope not. Wouldn’t I have been able to tell if he died? I was so confused right now. There’s just been so much going on recently, maybe I wouldn’t have felt anything. Do even feel anything if your mate dies? I don’t know; I don’t know anything anymore.

“Hello? Hello?” the voice asked as I dropped the phone.

“Tara!” yelled Penny from the entranceway. I blinked and shook my head, coming out of my seep thinking trance. I put the phone back in its holder and turned to her.

“Everything’s fine Penny. He just wasn’t home.” I said, while giving a fake smile. “Let’s finish dinner.”

She looked at me skeptically while going back to the table. Not much else happened; I cleaned up after dinner while Penny watched TV. Then we both went to bed, with her in a guest bedroom.

I curled up in my lonely bed, hugging a pillow, whimpering. I missed Conner, I missed him so much. He better be alive. Without him, I didn’t know what to do.

Tara! Get a hold of yourself! You’re doing fine without him. You’re going to adopt soon! You can’t be an emotional wreck like this. Just get over him already!

Even with my brain saying this, I still shed a tear for Conner before going to sleep.

************************************************

Epic ending! :D COMMENT and VOTE, remember, we're in Watty Awards now! the cover changed a little, because her eyes are green. Tara has internal conflict now! :0  i'll update in a few days now, maybe longer. XxParamoreRocksxX needs a little time to catch up. dont forget to read her story Life Is Strange! u can get mirabelle's adventures there. it's good i promise!

anyways, have an AWESOME day! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

817K 25.8K 35
#11 in werewolves "You know I'll never stop running, right?" "I've always loved a good chase" ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••...
436K 14K 31
Ashely was a normal girl. well more or less. her old pack tortured her... but when a change of events happened she found herself with her mate, Zane...
2.3M 93K 42
Vienna was loathed by her parents and her pack from the moment she was born because she was not supposed to be born a female. She was intended to be...
3.2K 128 15
Amanda was just a simple nerdy girl. She was found out that she is adopted. She runs away discovering she is a werewolf. She stumbles onto another pa...