The Avaricious Champion (Male...

By Elyion22

With a series of unusual events happening around, Y/N must fight in order to stop the plotted evil that is ro... More

Y/N Bio
Welcome To The Playground
Nobody Wins In War
The Base Violence Necessary For Change
That Perfect Thing Has Always Been A Lie
Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers
Everybody Wants To Be My Enemy
When These Walls Come Tumbling Down
Oil and Water
What Could Have Been

The Boy Savior

1.3K 52 11
By Elyion22

The Avaricious Champion (Male GreedLing Reader x Arcane)

Part 8

Greed:"Hey, kid. Kid. You up yet?"

Y/N opens his eyes but the only thing he could see was some sort of cloth which blocks his vision. He tries moving but his hands were cuffed to a pipe.

Y/N:"*sighs* Great."

Vi:"Y/N? Are you awake?"

Even though his vision was blocked, he could pinpoint Vi's location by sensing where the sound had come from. She was at the right side of the pipe where he is cuffed in.

Y/N:"I'm fine. Where's Caitlyn? Lan Fan?"

Lan Fan:"Over here, my lord!"

Lan Fan was behind the pipe and Caitlyn, who was grunting as she tries to break free, was on its left side. All three girls were wearing hoods that covered their faces. Y/N sighed in relief but wondered where they are.

Caitlyn:"*to Vi* I knew it was a mistake trusting you. *to Y/N* And you, you are supposed to take down whoever was responsible for the attack of your kingdom but look where we are at now thanks to all those distractions."

Y/N:"Oh, so getting info about what's been happening here was a distraction then?"

Caitlyn:"No. I didn't mean-"

Vi:"Hey, you've been a real picnic yourself, you know."

Caitlyn:"I'm not the one who walked us into, not one, but two of Silco's traps. *grunts* "

Y/N:"This isn't Silco, it's someone else."

Caitlyn:"How do you know?"

Y/N:"Silco's men don't wear masks."

Vi:"And they don't ride on hoverboards too. Besides, we'd be dead already if this were him."

Caitlyn:"Oh, very nice. What were you planning to tell me that your lunatic little sister works for him?"

Vi:"Just as soon as you came clean about what the heck you're really doing down here."

Caitlyn:"I told you the truth."

Vi:"Nonsense."

Y/N:"*interrupting* That's enough, you two."

Vi:"*sighs* What was that glowing stone?"

Caitlyn just sighs, not answering her question.

Vi:"That's what I thought."

Just then, the metal door swung open and Y/N could barely see someone walking inside the room they are in.

Caitlyn:"*grunts* What's going on?"

Y/N didn't know how many they were but it sounded like there was only one person. The person got close to Vi and grabs her out of the room.

Vi:"Hey, stop! Get your hands off of me!"

Y/N:"Hey, leave her alone! You hear me?!"

Vi:"Let me go!"

Y/N:"Vi?"

The door closes and Y/N, Caitlyn and Lan Fan are the ones left in the room. Caitlyn grunts, trying to break free from her cuffs but it wasn't any use.

Caitlyn:"Vi!"

Worried, Y/N tries to harden his fists when Greed speaks up.

Greed:"Easy there, kid. Calm down for a while. Something tells me these aren't exactly our enemies. No need to worry about Vi. She'll be fine."

Y/N:"How do you know that?"

Greed:"Trust me on this one, will ya?"

Caitlyn:"*to Y/N* Who're you talking to?"

Y/N:"Uh..."

Vi was then dragged on the hallway, grunting, wondering where could she be. The only thing she could see was a green light that illuminated in the dark area she was in.

She was then slumped up against a wall and the person who was dragging her earlier removes her hood. Vi looks up to see a bat Vastaya who growls at her.

He walks over to the Firelight leader, who was sitting on a chair across from Vi, and taps him lightly, waking him up.

Vastaya:"Hey."

The Firelight Leader wakes up and the Vastaya walks out of the room, leaving Vi and the Firelight Leader alone.

Vi:"You shy? Or just ugly?"

The Firelight Leader said no word and stands up. He places his weapon down on his seat and puts his hands on his mask. Vi watches him remove it and once the mask removed, she couldn't believe her eyes when she comes face-to-face with a familiar face.

***

Opening:

***

???:"You look good for a dead girl."

Vi widened her eyes as she recognized who the person behind the mask was. It was Ekko.

Vi:"Ekko?"

Ekko just looked at her, skeptical whether or not she was really Vi. She looked like her but Vi was dead long ago.

Ekko:"What do you know about this?"

He takes out a device, revealing the gemstone that Jinx previously had back at the tower.

Vi:"Nothing. What the heck is this all about?"

Ekko ignores her question.

Ekko:"*exhales* What were you doing with Jinx?"

Vi:"*stands up* Her name is Powder. And I just found her when you and your goons showed up. *scoffs* It's me. Vi. Same person who used to take you down to the junk heap and hose you down when you got covered in grease. And guess what? That other guy you took in was Y/N. The same guy who used to make funny jokes, sneak in places to get food and trained you how to fight."

Ekko:"*averts his eyes from her* That was a long time ago. *looks at her* People change."

Vi:"Yeah. I'm getting that."

Ekko:"Are you working for Silco?"

Vi:"*scoffs* As if!"

Ekko:"*stammers* I thought you were dead. Now you show up with a Piltie and a dead man here in the Lanes."

Vi:"You were following us? Why didn't you say something?

Ekko:"I didn't know if I could trust you."

Vi:"So...so you just come out swinging?"

Ekko:"Gee, I wonder who I learned that from?"

Vi:"Ah, well, you shoulda learned more. You still punch like a little boy. I'm sure Y/N would say the same thing once he sees you."

Ekko:"And you still block with your face."

Vi:"*scoffs * I remember when you wouldn't stand up to me."

The chains clung as it the floor and to Ekko's surprise, Vi had them off this whole time. Vi walks forward and wraps her arms around him, giving a hug.

Vi:"I missed you, little man."

Ekko:"*shocked* How long have you had those off?"

Vi:"*adjusts the hug* How long have you been whining?"

A tear snaked down on his face and Ekko returns the hug, happy and sad at the same time upon reuniting with a friend whom he thought had died years ago.

***

At Silco's office, Sevika was sitting down on the couch, telling Silco about the news.

Sevika:" All our business is down. Enforcers are searching anyone who crosses the bridge.

Silco:"*walks to his desk* Marcus is following my orders. Preventing, Y/N, his bodyguard, Vi and Caitlyn from returning."

Sevika:"Or he's finally flipped."

Silco:"Hmm.."

Sevika:"The chembarons scheduled an assembly."

Silco:"Oh. *puts his hand on his forehead* I've had enough headaches."

Sevika:"It didn't sound like a request."

Silco groans and walks to the door.

Sevika:"Where are you going?"

Silco:"I need to find Jinx."

Sevika:"*stands up* Sir."

Silco:"What?"

Sevika:"I got more in common with cave lice than Jinx. But let's just say I didn't always see eye-to-eye with my old man."

Silco:"And?"

Sevika:"She'll come to you when she's ready."

Silco:"*inhales sharply* Hmm.."

Meanwhile at Jinx's cave, she limps her way to her workshop, making a trail of blood on the floor. She grumbles as she tosses her gun on the table and sits down when she then hears the voices in her head.

Mylo:"You lost them."

Jinx:"*groans* I didn't lose them! They took them."

Mylo:"They just care about those who are already close to them. Even closer than you've ever been. You saw it."

Jinx:*grunts, putting her hands on her head* She was there for me! *grabs a skin stapler* Not the Enforcer, not the ninja! *looks at the mirror which has a hole on it*"

Mylo:"Remember their names?"

Jinx:"Why would I remember their names?"

She staples her injury and grunts in pain. Jinx growls as she stares at the broken mirror and breathes rapidly.

Jinx:"Well, they're just some stupid topsiders!"

Jinx staples her injury again and groans in pain before staring at the mirror again as he mind becomes disoriented. She did it again and grumbles, taking all the pain she inflicted on her self.

Jinx:"*panting* Caitlyn..."

She lifts her head up and cackles, her mind becoming more disoriented. Jinx laughs and leans her back on her chair, panting.

A bug chirps as it flies around the workshop. Jinx notices this and slowly raised her arm, pointing a finger gun at the bug.

Jinx:"*fires the finger gun* Pow."

***

Ekko opens the door and Vi could hear kids, chattering and laughing outside. But to her surprise, the place was bright and the atmosphere around that was cleaner. She was even more surprised when she spots a tree in the area. It was nothing like Zaun even though it was in Zaun.

Vi:"Is that a real tree?"

Ekko:"Pretty cool, huh? When I first saw it, I knew this was the place. If a single seed could make it down here, so could we."

Vi was in awe around the place she was in. Many inhabitants were riding on their hoverboards while others either played or talked with their friends and family.

Vi:"You built all this?"

Ekko:"Not alone. After Vander...died, Silco flooded the lanes with Shimmer. He didn't care what it did to people. Everyone here was an addict or a victim."

The kids below them noticed Vi and waved at the two.

Kid:"Hi."

Ekko:"They needed somewhere safe to start again."

Vi looked around. This was all such an incredible sight to see even if it was in Zaun. But something inside her still felt guilty.

Vi:"I should have been there. For you. For everyone."

Ekko:"That's a good way to drive yourself crazy. If I just went with you that day, maybe none of this would have happened."

Vi:"Or maybe you'd be dead. Or....changed."

Ekko:"Powder's gone, Vi. All that's left is Jinx and she belongs to Silco."

Vi:"You're wrong. She's still in there. Me and Y/N can reach her."

Ekko:"You can't. *sighs*"

Vi:"I know my sister."

Ekko looked at her, wondering if she could really reach out to the person that was once Powder but it might just be too late.

Ekko:"I've got one more thing to show you."

He then leads her to mural which was dedicated to the ones they've lost over the years. One of them included, Vander, Benzo, Mylo, Claggor, Powder, Vi and Y/N.

Ekko:"This is everyone we've lost. The price of our freedom. Some of it was Enforcers. Most was Silco. Your sister works for him not because she has to, but because she wants to. I'm sorry, but that's who she is now."

Vi looked at him in disbelief and looks back at the mural of Powder. She knows her sister did that for the sake for her survival. All she needs to do is reach out to her. But how?

***

Elsewhere, Silco and Sevika waited in an elevator as it heads its way to its destined floor. Inside a room, the Chembarons were having a meeting, discussing about their plans for the future of their city.

Finn:"First, this wild attack in the heart of Piltover. Now, the border's closing. We're bleeding money and for what? His dreams of rebellion? He's losing control. If we stand together..."

The meeting is then interrupted when the doors swung open and Silco and Sevika enter the room.

Silco:"We aren't due for an assembly.

Sevika closes the door behind them and all chembarons looked at Silco.

Finn:"We should be. Ever since your stunt topside, profits have been plummeting."

Renni:"He's right. Merchandise is frozen at the border. Topsiders are too afraid to cross."

Finn:"We're all wondering, what's your plan to fix this?"

Silco:"*places a small box on the table* You're all wondering, are you?"

Finn:"Way I see it, we should cut a deal and give back the Gemstone. Better to have some trade than none at all."

Silco:"The border issue is temporary. Jinx will deal with it."

Finn:"Huh. *laughs* Rumor is, your dog's off her leash. How you meant to bring Piltover to heel if you can't handle your own people, huh?"

Then, the sound of gasp hissing is heard, Sevika turns around, now wearing a mask and holding an oxygen tank. She drops it to the floor which starts spreading the polluted oxygen from Zaun.

Remmi:"What's that?"

The chembarons started to cough upon breathing the oxygen. Finn inhaled it too but he tried to resist it. Silco, on the other hand, wasn't affected by it.

Silco:"Oh, you don't recognize it? Have you forgotten where we came from? *takes out a mask from the box* The mines they had us in? Air so thick it clogged your throat."

He and Sevika gives the chembarons face masks so that they could breathe. All except for Finn.

Silco:"Stuck in your eyes. But I pulled you all up from the depths. Offered you a taste of topside. And fresh air."

Finn tried to resist but the air only grew stronger and he coughed even more as it spread throughout the room.

Silco:"I gave you life. Purpose. *looks down on the face mask* But you've grown fat and complacent. Too much time in the sun."

The coughing got worse and Finn got to his knees, still coughing. He grunts and gags as he rolled on the floor and the coughing got even worse.

Silco:"We came from a world where there was never enough to go around, Finn."

Finn wheezes and Silco rolls him over with his foot.

Silco:"That is why we fight. *leans down* Do you remember?"

Finn:"*gags and whimpers* Sorry. Please. *reaches out to get the mask from Silco, gagging* Please."

Silco instead uses the mask for himself and inhales deeply before dropping the mask down on Finn's chest. The chembaron grabs it immediately and puts it on, inhaling sharply.

Silco:"Don't forget again."

Finn pants heavily as he leaned his head against the floor. With their business done, Sevika opens the door and walks away with Silco.

Silco:"Good meeting."

He turns his back on them and leaves the room while the chembarons were still groaning and coughing after inhaling the air that was released in the room.

***

Back in the room where Y/N, Lan Fan and Caitlyn are kept in, the three just sat there in silence, hoping that Vi would be alright. The door creaks open and a Firelight member walks in the room.

The three of them didn't know how many of them they were and waited for them to something. Their cuffs then got off them and their hands were free.

Their masks got taken off too and they all got a look of the room they are currently in. Y/N rubbed his wrists, wondering how long they were cuffed.

Y/N:"You okay there, Lan Fan?"

Lan Fan:"I'm alright."

Y/N:"Caitlyn?"

Caitlyn:"I will be. Once we get out of here."

A child wearing a Firelight mask, approaches them and offers the three a bowl of water.

Y/N:"Thank you."

Y/N accepts the bowl of water and drinks it. Lan Fan thanks the boy and drank hers as well. The child offers the third bowl to Caitlyn but instead of accepting it, she knocks the bowl away which rolled down the floor. Y/N notices this and frowns as the child runs out of the room.

Y/N:"Hey, what was that for?"

Ekko:"Nice seeing you again..."

A familiar voice drew Y/N's attention. He turned around and sees Ekko sitting on the entrance.

Ekko:"Old friend."

Y/N squints his eyes for a moment before widening them upon recognizing who he is.

Y/N:"Ekko?"

Ekko:"*smiles* Long time no see. I honestly don't believe it at first but you're alive."

Y/N:"Yeah, well...I suppose cheated death that day. How are you? How have things been? Where are we? Were those your...*realizes something* Wait, where's Vi? Where is she? Did you-"

His words were cut off when he sees Vi stopping at the entrance. She smiles and leans on the wall.

Vi:"My hero."

Y/N:"*sighs in relief* You're alright."

Vi:"Perhaps someone was concerned for me?"

Y/N:"Who else would be?"

Vi lightly chuckles at this. Ekko chuckles as well, seeing that his friend seemingly hasn't changed after a few years.

Caitlyn:"*to Vi* I thought they were hurting you!"

Ekko:"*to Caitlyn* Vi tells me I can trust you. You get pass back topside, that's it. Let's go."

Caitlyn was at disbelief for a moment. How were they being let go so easily? Perhaps Vi knew them?

Y/N:"You heard him. Let's go."

He got up and walks to the entrance. Lan Fan gets up and follows Y/N while Caitlyn just sat there, a bit confused but eventually gets up as well.

***

At the office, Silco was sitting on his chair, holding the two pieces of the syringe that is used for his scarred eye. He puts them together and sighs, realizing that he has to do this by himself.

He depended on Jinx's help to inject his eye that he never got to do it one his own again. Silco leans his back on the chair, lifts his head up and struggles to inject his own eye.

His hand shook and places two fingers below his eye, making sure than the syringe hits it. Just then, Jinx appears from behind and grabs the syringe away from him.

Jinx:"Let me help you with that."

Jinx pushes his head against the chair and sat on his lap.

Silco:"Where have you been, Jinx?"

Jinx:"Oh, you know. Here, there, chasing down dead ends. *grabs Silco by the neck* And guess what? They're not all dead."

Silco:"I can explain."

Jinx moves his head to the right and stabs the syringe on his cheek, making him groan in pain.

Jinx:"Don't move, silly. I might hurt you. *moves Silco's head to the left*"

Silco:"I didn't know. Marcus never told me she was still in Stillwater and I thought that Y/N was dead for good. I buried him in the waters."

Jinx didn't seem to care and stabs him on the cheek again with the syringe. Silco grumbles in pain but he had to keep his composure despite what Jinx was doing to him.

Jinx:"But you found out they came back. You lied."

She pierces the syringe on his cheek again. Silco grunts in pain and puts his hand over Jinx's wrist.

Silco:"I wanted to protect you."

Jinx:"From what?"

Silco:"They are back for the crystal. Not for you. Have you forgotten how they left you? Who found you? Who cared for you? Gave you a home?"

Jinx's eyes softened as Silco said that.

Silco:"I am your family. Everyone else betrays us."

Then, her mind began to disorient a bit but she manages to get herself back together while tears started to come out of her eyes.

Silco:"I need you. Now more than ever. *Jinxs sobs* You have to complete the weapon."

Jinx sobbed and gently places the syringe on his scarred eye. She pulls the trigger and injects his eye with Shimmer. Silco grunts and Jinx runs away, exiting the office and leaving Silco alone.

***

Y/N walks around the Firelight's hideout. He was in awe over the environment they had even thought it 90% of Zaun's environment was polluted by Shimmer.

Growing something beautiful was a rare thing around this city after all and he's never seen anything like it since he's been here.

Y/N:"You...did all this?"

Ekko:"No. I had some help."

Y/N:"I'm impressed. You've outdone yourself, Ekko."

Ekko:"Thanks."

Caitlyn:"It's beautiful."

Ekko:"If your people had your way, it'd be rubble and ash."

Caitlyn:"It's a misunderstanding. They think you work for Silco."

Ekko:"*approaches her* Your people hunt us like animals. Silco pays them to do it."

Caitlyn:"That's not possible. You're wrong."

Ekko:"*frowns* Say that one more time."

Y/N and Vi intervenes and pulls the two away from each other.

Y/N:"That's enough, you two. I know we started off the wrong foot here, but rest assured, Caitlyn's not our enemy."

Ekko:"*scoffs* Oh, yeah? Then what's this?"

He takes something out from it was pocket and on his two fingers was the gemstone that Jinx had.

Caitlyn:"You got it. You have to let me take that back."

Ekko lowers his arm and places the gemstone back in his pocket, not entirely sure if he could trust the enforcer. Caitlyn sighs, knowing that getting it back from him wouldn't be easy.

Vi:"What is it?"

Caitlyn:"It's a Gemstone. It was stolen during the attack. By your sister."

Vi:"You just forgot to mention that?"

Caitlyn:"With this, someone with the right knowledge could build...any Hextech device. If enforcers are becoming more...aggressive, that's why."

Ekko looks back at the Gemstone and a thought came to his mind.

Ekko:"We could beat Silco with this."

Caitlyn:"*shakes her head* That won't solve things."

Ekko:"Easy for you to say. Your people aren't dying all around you."

Y/N:"No, no, no. She has a point. We can't just solve everything with war, Ekko. If you're going down that path, you're just going to cause more problems. And more problems leads to more death. I think it's best to give this Gemstone back to Piltover and make sure it is well secured."

Caitlyn:"He's right. Ekko, it's wrong what's been done to you. You'd be well within your rights to keep it. I couldn't blame you. But...if you do, this cycle of violence will never stop. This is our best shot at setting the record straight. This city needs healing. More than I ever realized. Please, let me help you."

Ekko thinks about it for a moment. He looks at the Gemstone and wonders whether this was the right thing to do. Just to make sure, he looks at Caitlyn and asks,

Ekko:"You got a plan?"

Caitlyn:"I have a friend on the council. Let me take the Gemstone to him. He'll listen to me. Your people wouldn't have to hide anymore.

The boy briefly looks away. He lets his mind think for a moment as he looks at the Gemstone before making up his decision.

Ekko:"One condition: I'm the one who gives it to them."

***

Meanwhile at Silco's office, the scarred-eye man was working on some papers. It was quiet inside when a voice suddenly speaks up.

???:"So, he's finally here. The young emperor."

Silco lifts his head up and sees three people in the office. One was a fairly tall and beautiful pale-skinned woman with wavy lower-back black hair.

Another was a pale-skinned androgynous teenage young man with a lean, muscular build and long and wispy hair, who was sitting on the couch. The last one was a short, obese man who standing in the corner, sucking on his thumb.

Silco:"The plan is going smoothly. I suggest all three of you to be patient if you want this sibling of yours dead."

Woman:"We don't want him dead. His soul needs to be cleansed that's all."

Man:"Can't believe that kid's still running around here. And I won't forget that little stunt he did back then when we first got here while tracking him down."

Woman:"It takes more than an explosion to kill us, Envy."

Silco:"He's after your elder brother. The General."

Envy:"As expected. But he won't get the chance once we stop him."

Silco:"What of the boy? If I remember correctly, he shares the same body as your brother."

Lust:"He is just a vessel. The only thing we can do is take Greed out of his body and return him to where he belongs."

Envy:"If he's still around here, we should get going. *stands up*"

Silco:"He has friends with him."

Envy:"We can take them down easily."

He walks out of the office and his brother, Gluttony follows him out the door.

Lust:"Keep up the good work, Silco."

She walks to the door and exits the office before closing the door behind her. With them gone, Silco heads back working on the papers.

***

Elsewhere, Y/N, Vi, Ekko, Lan Fan and Caitlyn sneak their way into the bridge. They climbed up and later began walking on the pathway.

Y/N looked around, seeing if there was anyone following them as they kept on walking. Vi followed but soon stopped walking with them. Ekko, Y/N, Caitlyn and Lan Fan stopped as well once they noticed Vi stopped walking.

Ekko:"Vi?"

Y/N:"Is something wrong?"

Vi:"I can't leave her again."

Ekko:"You can't change her."

Vi:"I have to try."

There wasn't much they could do to change her mind. She's family and Vi wouldn't abandon her. Y/N knew that too and as he did, he made a choice.

Y/N:"I'm coming with you. Powder's my family too. And I'm not going to break another promise."

Vi was surprised but she allowed him to join her even though a part of her felt sorry for dragging Y/N into this. But getting Powder back was a goal they both share. Besides, the two of them made a promise years ago and they aren't going to break that again.

Lan Fan:"I'll be going with you as well."

Y/N:"*surprised* Lan Fan, you don't have to."

Lan Fan:"I insist."

Y/N:"*sighs* Guess there's no changing your mind, huh? Well, if that's your choice."

Ekko:"*scoffs* Just don't get yourselves killed."

Ekko walks to them and hugs Vi. She wraps his arms around him and returns the hug.

Vi:"No promises."

They pul away shortly and Ekko hugs Y/N, who then returns it.

Y/N:"Stay safe out there, little man."

Ekko chuckles, having to hear that nickname after so many years. They pulled away and Caitlyn went to hug Vi.

They soon pulled away and Caitlyn went to Y/N and the two of them hugged each other.

Y/N:"Thanks for everything, Caitlyn. I wish I could repay you someday."

Caitlyn:"You don't have to."

Unbeknownst to them, Jinx was sitting on one of the beams above, watching them by using a telescope. She lowers it down, grunting in jealousy as the ghost of Mylo began laughing behind her back.

Jinx:"Shut up. It's just a goodbye hug. They wouldn't do that. Not again."

Back down, Y/N, Vi, and Lan Fan said their goodbyes and went in their separate ways. Ekko and Caitlyn walked on the pathway until lights flashed on them and six Enforcers appeared, raising their guns at them.

Marcus:"Halt!"

Ekko:"What the heck is this?"

The two squinted their eyes at the light and Marcus steps in front of the Enforcers.

Caitlyn:"Sir! *takes out her badge* I have proof. Silco's behind everything."

Marcus lowers an Enforcer's gun, who then walks away.

Marcus:"Show me."

He began walking towards the two and Ekko, frowned, fearing that they'll just have to give up the Gemstone here.

Ekko:"*whispers* No."

However, there wasn't any choice. Plus, they had Enforcers aiming their guns at them and there's a chance they'll get shot down if they resist.

Out of options, Ekko takes the out the canister and shows, the Gemstone to Marcus. Jinx sees this and sets her eyes on the prize.

Suddenly. Marcus takes out his pistol and shoots Ekko down. Y/N, Vi and Lan Fan heard the gunshot and went back, worried.

Roy, who was among the Enforcers, sees this and confronts Marcus about what he just did.

Roy:"Sheriff! What the heck are you doing?"

Caitlyn:"Roy?"

To their surprise, Marcus points their gun at them while taking the canister with him. Jinx watches this and hears her sister's voice.

Vi:"Caitlyn!"

She then sees her sister, Y/N and Lan Fan running to where Caitlyn is and gasps. The ghost of Mylo became bigger and much more distorted which makes Jinx scream and snicker.

Jinx:"Liar."

Marcus shakily points the gun at Roy and Caitlyn while glancing at his fellow Enforcers. He hoped that it wouldn't come to this but it did. And he had to pay the price no matter what.

Marcus:"I told you to leave this alone."

Caitlyn was shocked and confused on why Marcus was doing this. Roy felt the same thing and lowers his hand, forming his fingers to make a snap gesture.

Roy:"Sheriff, put that gun that down. Do you know where your gun's pointed at?"

Marcus then points the gun to him. Roy still kept his stance as his eyes faced the gun's muzzle.

Marcus:"And you...you should've kept an eye on her."

Roy glared at him and got ready to attack him. Y/N, Vi and Lan Fan ran back to where they were when suddenly, an army of firelights appeared and flew around the bridge.

The Enforcers see this and the Firelights began chirping as one of them landed on their guns. Marcus was tempted to fire his gun at the two but a part of him didn't had the will to do it.

A Firelight lands on one of the Enforcers' palm and the Enforcer looked down, taking a closer look at the Firelight. Marcus groans as the adrenaline in him tensed up and was near to shooting two of one of his best Enforcers dead when a Firelight lands on his gun.

Upon closer look, it turned out to be a device, its form having a similar appearance to a Firelight. The device buzzed off and ticks, unleashing an explosion which hits Marcus, Caitlyn and Roy.

The others set off and exploded as well. The explosions went on and on until it eventually stopped. After it stopped, Jinx walks her way through the aftermath of the explosion, walking past through the dead bodies of the Enforcers and crushing a Firelight on the ground while humming a tune as she heads her way to get back the Gemstone from Marcus.

Roy and Caitlyn, who both miraculously survived from the explosion, got up weakly but Caitlyn grunts in pain. She looks down and sees that her thigh has been injured.

A Enforcer grunts as he weakly gets up but Jinx sees him and aims her pistol at him, pulling the trigger afterwards. Roy notices the injury and helps Caitlyn to get back to her feet.

He turns his head and is horrified to see the injured Marcus, whose left arm was obliterated into pieces due to the explosion.

Marcus:"Tell my...*grunts* Tell my daughter I...."

His breath had already lasted while it still can. Roy and Caitlyn looked at his now dead body with shock and sadness, wondering what they should tell his daughter once they get back.

Roy:"*wraps Caitlyn's arm around his shoulder* Come on, let's get out of here, quick."

Y/N:"Caitlyn!"

They turn their heads to where the voice had come from and sees Y/N, Vi, and Lan Fan running towards them. They were relieved to see them but their meeting is soon interrupted when they see Jinx, who now has the canister containing the Gemstone strapped around her shoulder.

Vi gasps and Jinx frowns upon seeing them, thinking that she and Y/N have already walked away. She looks at Caitlyn and Lan Fan and her mind began to disorientate.

Enraged, Jinx takes out her machine gun and fires at the five. Y/N, Vi, Lan Fan, Caitlyn and Roy moved out of the way, avoiding the bullets sent at them.

In between them, comes out Ekko, who is riding on his hoverboard. He flies straight at Jinx, screaming and knocks her gun away using a pipe. Ekko flies back towards her and Jinx takes out her pistol, shooting at him.

Ekko blocks the bullets using his hoverboard and jumps off, raising the pipe. He knocks off the canister from her shoulder and lands on the ground, taking the canister back.

Roy didn't know who these people were but had a good feeling that they were on the good side. Ekko looks at his friends and tosses the canister to Y/N, much to his surprise.

Ekko:"Go!"

Y/N and Vi nods and looked at him and Jinx one more time before they eventually leave. Ekko stood his ground and readies himself as Jinx upon seeing him.

Jinx:"Oh, look who it is! The Boy Savior! *pants*"

Ekko exhales and chuckles lightly as he faces his opponent. He takes out a pocket watch and swings it side to side, ticking.

Jinx realizes what he was doing and chuckles as a sense of nostalgia came to her.

(play Denzel Curry, Gizzle, Bren Joy - Dynasties & Dystopia)

She loads her pistol and chuckles while Ekko swings the pocket watch side to side with his pipe at the ready. Jinx gets ready as Ekko continuously swings his pocket watch.

He swings it side to side again and again and sees a young Powder getting ready for their game, laughing and holding up a peace sign over her head.

A young Ekko wraps the pocket watch around his hand and presses the button, starting the game. The young boy runs forward as Powder fires her paintball gun at him.

Ekko moves to the side and ducks down, dodging the paintball that was sent to him. Powder fires two more but Ekko manages to doge them as well. Ekko leaps in the grunting and Powder focuses her aim before firing again.

This time, the paintball manages to hit Ekko on the breastplate and Powder pumps her fist in the air upon her victory.

Powder:"Yes!"

Powder laughs and Ekko frowns upon his defeat. He grumbles, taking the pocket watch out and slams it on the ground, destroying it in the process.

(end song)

After it hit the ground, time reversed and went back to the present. Ekko presses the pocket watch and charges towards Jinx, who takes out her pistol and shoots at him.

They played this game so many times before and this time, Ekko could read her. He dodges the bullets that were sent at him with ease, grunting until he got close. Ekko yells as he leaps into the air and swings his pipe at Jinx, knocking her down.

He swung his pipe at her again and began beating her up relentlessly. Jinx tries to break free but Ekko pins her down with his pipe before punching her again, making blood to bleed out of her nose.

Ekko raises his fist and was about to punch when he looks at Jinx's eyes.

Jinx:"No. *breaths heavily*"

Her eyes were sorrowful and Ekko's eyes softened as he looked at her. He was ready to kill her but there was a part of her that he wasn't ready to kill. Jinx looks at her old friend with sorrowful eyes, remembering the old times that they have spent together but fate has split them apart.

She takes off the pin from her grenade with her thumb and laid it down as it began ticking. Ekko gasps, noticing it and as soon as he tries to get away, it exploded.

Y/N and Vi hears this and their eyes widened but inside, they hoped that either of the two have survived. Back at the spot where the fight took place, Jinx was laying on the ground, injured as Ekko's pocket watch, now damaged, was about to hit at its designated time but stopped before it did.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.1K 2.3K 18
All she wanted to do was to help but was abandoned by the person she loved more than anything in the world other than her best friend, a kid Vander t...
141K 4.6K 31
Y/N knows everything and everyone in the undercity. For a fair price, they'll help anyone in need with their incredible engineering skills, no matte...
124K 3.7K 21
Piltover, the city of progress. Zaun, the undercity left to rot Like day and night, these two are destined to clash time and time again- Always endin...
133K 3.4K 24
Y/N, a boy beaten almost half to death by his parents because of his shark teeth. But after being rescued by Vander, Y/N starts his new life in the u...