Time Is Life

Av Ivyfrost-the-warrior

It's been about four years since the war against Voldemort ended during Harry's seventh year at Hogwarts. Now... Mer

death
coming home
floo
the Burrow
portkey
woods
Quidditch final
Darkness
Espoir
Hogwarts Express
magic
Neville
classes
Help
time flies
Halloween
Samhain
photos
the astronomy tower
time
first task
Room of Requirement
December
Christmas
Yule
the chamber of secrets
bath
Skeeter's lesson
Dungeons
confrontations
second task
madness
April
emotion
familia hereditatem
Dreamers have visions too
June 24
third task
I'm alive!
final goodbye
the end of the beginning
Harry Severus Lupin

Fairy lights

2.1K 111 26
Av Ivyfrost-the-warrior

"It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" Harry gushes as he leans into Cedric's side.

"But not as beautiful as you, love."

Harry blushes and claps him on the back, "Oh, hush. You don't know what you are saying but thank you for the compliment."

Cedric rolls his eyes amused by Harry's antics. They move around the rose bushes. The professors outdid themselves.

"Hey, Harry, about the second task I figured out the clue. I know that you already know and remember the tasks but please let me tell you."

"Did Professor Moody tell you?" Harry questions. Cedric looks at him bewildered. "You wound me, Harry, I'm not stupid and I don't require help from a professor, thank you very much."

Harry's head whips to him so fast that Cedric flinches. "Sorry... It's just that last time you only figured it out because professor Moody told you what to do. So how did you find out anyway?"

"Well, I was looking through a book from the library about magical creatures that screech and I came up with quite a few, I just thought it wouldn't hurt to try and so I took the egg to the prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor and opened it underwater. We'll be facing mermaids next and... I'll just let you hear the message for yourself. Can we perhaps meet this following week and go together?"

Harry chuckles at the older boy's excitement. It warms his heart with joy. "Your excitement is one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. And your rants are absolutely adorable." He places a hand on Cedric's cheek.

Grey eyes close as he leans into the contact of their skin. "I love you."

Harry smiles and rests his head on his chest. "I love you too."

No words can describe the connection they have, their feelings for each other. All they know is that no matter what they won't ever stop protecting each other. They trust one another so completely and utterly. To the outside stander, this may seem weird or not comprehensible, but to them their trust makes sense.

Harry and Cedric walk along one of the winding paths through the rosebushes, but they have only gone a short way when they hear a familiar voice.

"...don't see what there is to fuss about, Igor."

"Severus, you cannot pretend this isn't happening!" Karkaroffs voice sounds anxious and hushed, as though keen not to be overheard. "It's been getting clearer and clearer for months. I am becoming seriously concerned, I can't deny it -"

"Then flee," says Snape's voice curtly. "Flee - I will make your excuses. I, however, am remaining at Hogwarts."

Snape and Karkaroff come around the corner. Snape has his wand out and is blasting rosebushes apart, his expression most ill-natured. Squeals issue from many of the bushes, and dark shapes emerge from them.

"Ten points from Ravenclaw, Fawcett!" Snape snarls as a girl runs past him. "And ten points from Hufflepuff too, Stebbins!" as a boy goes rushing after her. "And what are you two doing?" he adds, catching sight of Harry and Cedric on the path ahead. Karkaroff, Harry sees, looks slightly discomposed to see them standing there. His hand goes nervously to his goatee, and he begins winding it around his finger.

"We were actually walking." Harry still leans against Cedric, not quite taking in Cedric's rigid stance, once he does, however, he sends calming magic his way. "Voldemort will return, whether you like it or not and he won't be pleased. Naturally, he won't, I don't think I would be if I know that the people who swore their loyalty to me left me at my weakest. Also," Harry turns to Snape with a pointed stare, "professor, you might want to check for a mole within the castle after all they were the ones to enter me into this entire tournament. I know who they are but I'm not willing to risk my own safety. Now if you excuse us both." Harry drags Cedric away from the stunned men.

"Who put your name into the Goblet?" Cedric asks as soon as they are out of earshot.

"A polijuiced Barty Crouch Jr, or  currently known as a very convincing Professor Moody."

Cedric pales. "A Death Eater so close to the students?! That's terrible, I know you're working with you-know-who, but I don't trust him or his followers! Harry just promise me to be careful!"

"Of course, I don't trust the Death Eaters either but I'm willing to trust Tom for the time being."

The brunette sighs and links their arms together. They walk up to a bench surrounded by elders. They sit down and just enjoy the company while remaining silent. A pleasant smell lingers in the air all around them, lulling them into a sense of security. Their hands linked together on their thighs and bodies brushing together.

"How was your dance with Chang?"

Cedric leans his head on top of the mop of black hair and sighs. "Not as delightful as the dance with you. I know you are worried about me but I'm fine now."

"I know, but now I know why we never got together. Dumbledore knows about you being my mate and he won't stop at anything to drive us apart."

Cedric gently squeezes Harry's hand and offers him a reassuring smile. "No matter what happens I will always love you, even under compulsions and love potions. My heart won't ever forget you, even if my mind does. I will always love you even after death. I swear I will protect you and everything we have and will have in the future."

Harry looks up shocked, his magic singing a tune together with Cedric's, creating something new, something strong, magical and wonderful. Then Harry laughs. "You have no idea what you just did, do you?"

Cedric blinks owlishly and shakes his head confused. "What did I do? I just said what I felt, was it wrong? Did I offend you somehow? I'm really sorry if I did!"

Harry laughs harder this time and shakes his head. "Not at all, but I feel the same. What you just did was a family vow. You bound our magic with an unbreakable bond, stronger than our bond as mates. You just created the foundation for our family magic."

"I did what?! I didn't know! I'm sorry I didn't ask you beforehand!"

A kiss effectively shuts him up as he melts into the touch. His arms snaking around Harry's torso, holding him close. "I don't care. I love you so much." Harry breathes out with a smile.

Cedric can't help himself but smile back, their bodies close, not even inches apart. The brunette breathes in Harry's distinct scent, he realises just how calming it is, how soothing and lovely. It's slightly different today, lavender and holly.

His fingers trace through tangled locks of hair and he lightly tugs on them, eliciting a small groan of discomfort from Harry. Cedric doesn't know what overcomes him as he suddenly smashes his lips against Harry's. Harry's head spins as everything happens in a span of seconds. Cedric trails his tongue around the seams of the dark head's mouth asking for permission. Patience wearing thin, he possessively slides inside the wet cavern. Harry moans as he presses himself flush against Cedric's chest and sits down on his lap. Their mouths and lips move in synch. Cedric biting down on his lips, Harry shudders with spasms of pleasure. Moans escape the younger student.

A gasp alerts them to the new company, they jump away from each other with furious blushes.

Cedric looks up to see a gaping Fleur and an awkwardly shifting Krum, there's no way they can deny anything this time. They've been caught red-handed. Cedric scowls slightly, disappointed that he was interrupted at the best moment possible.

"I knew zere was somezing wrong wiz 'ogwarts' champions!"

Harry glances up with a glare. "This has nothing to do with the tournament. Also if you want to know the clue for the second task to keep things even, then open the egg beneath water and listen to it. We'll be facing the merpeople inside the black lake next."

The French student glares back at him, her Veela charm flaring around her. Krum just stands there with stiff shoulders while scowling himself. "Veil, vhy are you in a relationship?"

Harry bristles and Cedric knows he should step in. He shoves Harry behind him on the bench and into his chest. "No need to get worked up, calm down and then you can explain. I know you want to do it yourself."

Harry nods and takes a few deep breaths before pushing himself away. "Cedric is my mate and we got together before the Goblet spat out my name. I haven't been helping him more than necessary, you already knew about the dragons but he didn't. I just evened the odds."

Fleur suddenly grins brightly, any animosity fleeing from her expression. "Why didn't you say so before? I've always wanted to see 'ow mates interacted and 'ow to find zem. You 'ave to tell me everyzing!"

Harry breaks out into a grin. "Well, are you coming too, Victor?"

The Bulgarian seeker walks over to them with a small smile, Cedric sighs relieved as he takes Harry's hand back in his. "So you have nothing against homosexual couples?" He asks tentatively.

"No, my cousins are both 'omosexual. They're a lovely pair, Victoire and Rafaël."

Cedric looks at Harry for clarification and Harry just gives him a curt nod. "It's true, they are related." Then his attention turns back to Fleur. Cedric just smiles at their excited interaction.

He turns to Krum with a raised eyebrow, the Bulgarian seeker seems to want to say something. Harry notices and his green gaze lands on the awkward young man.

"I vanted to say that your flying skills are superb, you could go for a professional career." The awe clear in his voice. Harry smiles wistfully.

"I'm aware, but that's not what I wish to do. I'm pursuing a potions mastery, I want to teach the next generations all they need to know about the wonder and hard work that is potion brewing. I want to help creatures such as Werewolfs. I love potions and I couldn't imagine anything else." His intense gaze lands on Cedric, who shivers. "What about you Cedric? Have you ever given it a thought about what you want to do after graduating?"

In fact, Cedric hasn't asked himself, at least not to that extent. He doesn't know what he truly wants but if anything he loves transfiguration. "I guess something with Transfiguration. I love the way you have to reach deep within your core to access that type of magic. So I guess that would be my answer. Or maybe the career of a healer, I wouldn't mind that either."

Harry nods with a fond smile. Then he turns to Fleur. The young woman blanches slightly. "I 'aven't zought about zat..."

Cedric smiles as he watches his mate reassure the French champion. "Perhaps you can ask your cousins what they always do when they are at home."

"Per'aps... Zere is somezing I've been meaning to ask you. 'ow do you know w'o your mate is?"

They share a brief glance, Harry asking whether or not he should tell the other Champions the truth. "Go ahead Harry, they deserve to know."

"Maybe, but I don't want to needlessly involve them in the web of lies all around me. I don't want to sentence them to fear and suffering. I don't want to put them in harm's way, I don't want to be a danger to them. You've seen me at my worst already, I lose my cool and my deranged personality comes out. My mind hasn't been the most stable for the past few years."

Cedric's heart clenches at the pain in Harry's eyes. It's too much to bare and so he takes his mate into his arms. "We'll work it out, I promise. Just please tell them, we need all the help we can get. And Fleur needs to know."

"What do I need to know? What are you talking about?"

Harry takes a shaky breath and sighs. His face suddenly ageing dramatically as he released his composure and lets all his stress show in his features. Hands clenching around Cedric's, almost painfully. Harry's heart constricts and he leans his back into Cedric. The brunette enveloping him in a tight, protective embrace. "I'm right here with you, you don't have anything to fear."

Harry nods. "Very well. You've convinced me, it's better to have early allies than later on enemies. So, you want to know how you know who your mate is?"

Fleur nods eagerly and Krum looks equally eager to know. Harry chuckles softly before turning sombre.

"It's not an easy task. The connection you feel with them is so natural that you can easily mistake it for a normal friendship. Sometimes when that happens once you realize the truth it might already be too late. Finding them can brighten your world and be pure bliss, but losing them will be the worst. It can be as severe as to drive you to insanity or to kill yourself. You search for a fulfilling elsewhere... Finding them and losing them without knowing is by far the worst. The guilt and the blame will never leave you."

Cedric shudders, pressing himself further against Harry. This is all he can do, now that he is there for Harry. They are together now. Cedric won't die so easily this time. He won't allow himself to.

"You speak as though you know first hand. How can that be, if Diggory is right there vith you?"

"That's a great question, it's because I did lose him, at least in the previous timeline. I'm here from the future, I already know the tasks and I roughly know and remember what's going to happen. It's been a few years. Cedric was murdered by Pettigrew at the graveyard of little Hangleton. Voldemort rose that knight to full power, I only heard the thump of Cedric's body hitting the ground, my scar was hurting, terribly, unbearably. I never knew he was my mate until my brother in all but blood lost his own mate. That was three years after I graduated from Hogwarts. I'll spare you the details..." His voice breaks and his body quivers. His words laced with pure agony and grief. With so much honesty that Fleur feels compelled to show her sympathy. She hugs Harry from the side with Victor soon following her. Cedric sends them an appreciative smile. They stay in a comforting silence as they share their condolences beneath the many fairy lights. The small creatures share their sadness and sorrow.

Cedric has no idea just how much Harry has been suffering without him. In silence. He won't let this happen again. He can sense his mate's tiredness and his conflicting emotions. His sensing of foreign emotions has been getting stronger each passing day, it's not unbearable...yet. Cedric doesn't know what's going on but he can link the shift in his magic to the Samhain ritual, so perhaps it has something to do with that.

"But 'e's 'ere now and you are wiz 'im. No matter what 'appened before it won't 'appen now. We are 'ere for you. You aren't alone anymore."

"She's right you aren't alone and you can count on us now, ve may be rivals at the tournament but ve are friends at heart."

Harry chuckles through his tears. "Geez, what did I do now? Theo will kill me..."

Cedric catches on to the dark humor of the insinuation. He smirks lightly and buries his face in the crook of Harry's neck.

"Oh, right... Fleur are you alright? You seemed highly uncomfortable earlier at the table when you were complaining about the decorations."

The French girl blushes but nods nonetheless. "I didn't zink zat Davies was zat kind of a person."

Harry places a reassuring hand on her thigh. "You'll find the right guy, you may seem stuck up at first glance but you have a kind and caring heart."

Fleur smiles and nods.

"We should head back inside. The ball is about to end soon." Cedric takes Harry's hand in his and leads him back, Fleur and Victor at their sides. Just before reaching the gates, their hands let go of each other.

Cedric instantly misses the contact and his hand twitches in irritation.

The time that passes after returning to the great hall feels like a blur and all Cedric can do is miss the proximity of his mate. But he's still eternally happy that they now have the other two champions at their side. Cedric sighs as he looks up at the ceiling of his room. Just laying there awake, what would he give, to just have Harry in his arms right now... But not long and he can do that again, if he sleeps, the day will approach sooner and he can see his lovely mate again.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

976K 25.1K 22
(Y/N) Middlebrook was terribly excited for her fourth year at Hogwarts. But at the same time she was extremely anxious. This year was the year she wa...
8.1K 312 26
[COMPLETE] [BOOK TWO] Sequel to Undo Time After coming back from the dead, Cedric has to go into hiding from the death eaters and Voldemort. And h...
24.3K 815 29
In his fifth year, Harry Potter met his parents when they travelled 20 years forward in time. Now everything has changed. The Second Wizarding War is...
37.3K 983 26
[COMPLETE] [BOOK ONE] In Hermione Granger's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she finds herself falling for the most popular...