ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ | 𝚉𝚊...

Από imatypewriter

"ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ʏᴏᴜ... ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ." In the heart of political intrigue, Princess... Περισσότερα

𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
prologue
Chapter 1 *revised
Chapter 2 *revised
Chapter 3 *revised
Chapter 4 *revised
Chapter 5 *revised
Chapter 6 *revised
Chapter 7 *revised
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 40

173 11 1
Από imatypewriter

LIAM - POV.

(Back at the suite)

"Isn't it obvious?" I snickered, falling onto the white sofa and crossing my legs on the tea table.

The main suite door closed behind Taylor, who dropped her coat and hung it beside the door.

"Uhm, Ish-u obvious," Harry agreed while chowing down a mouth-filled macaron. He joined me on the sofa and raised both his legs onto the tea table, crossing his ankles. 

Taylor furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, tilting her head to look at me and Harry. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Zayn and the American princess, can't you tell?" I shrugged, quickly reading her almost-shocked facial expression when I empathized with the princess's label.

"Y- you guys know?" Taylor said, swaying a finger between Harry and me.

I almost burst out cackling laughter, but I knew this was serious, so I held it. "It's almost too obvious, Tay. You know it."

Taylor took in a shaky breath, rushing down onto the couch in front of us. "This cannot go out," Taylor quietly stated, skipping the 'How'd you know' and her pointy finger wavering in front of her face as a warning. "Not even to Mariah, no one can know about this. No one."

"Zayn can't be getting himself into shit like this," I said, chewing the insides of my mouth and shaking my head.

"We know him, Liam. Things like this barely happen, the guy's head is in work and professionalism. This has to be something more."

"You're right, babe," Harry agreed, nodding. "This time he's changed, it's like he's a whole different person around her. She's changed him. She's the first girl who could peel him."

"But it's not gonna end well, not with something like this," I stated, knowing very well how this will go and how it'll end. I know Zayn knows it as well. I can't help but feel the anger surging up my body. 

Ding!

We all jerked up from our comfort and watched as the door opened.

They're back?

"Well–" Harry's voice broke into a cough and all our smiles broke down when our division commander walked into the suite, two armed agents entering behind her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Where's the princess?" Maria questioned, walking towards our little circle. She stared directly at all of us which was clearly impossible, but somehow she did. 

Harry's jaw tightened and his back straightened. "She's still out with Zayn. Breakfast."

"How many times are you gonna lose her like that?" Mariah's voice stung like a knife with the sharpest edge. Of course, she knew. She's like our super strict mother who could easily sense anything wrong with her kids.

"Look, if you're here to lecture us about the princess running away then I suggest next time-"

"What exactly happened?" Mariah cut Harry off as she stared directly at Taylor, her eyes serious. Harry's mouth parted and he scoffed in frustration, running his hand down his face.

"She wanted to find a souvenir shop and since no one was awake at that time, she went by herself," I stepped in and told Mariah, glancing at Taylor who gave me a nod of relief.

Mariah looked at me and then nodded without questioning my explanation. Clearly, Zayn was lying when he said that was it. It definitely has something to do with him.

"Get in contact with Agent Malik and get the princess back, we need to evacuate her back to LA," Mariah ordered before walking over to the couch, leaving the two other agents standing there with their hands folded together professionally. I quickly walked over to get the communication device and tucked the earpiece into my ear before dialling Zayn, hoping he wasn't doing anything stupid.

Harry watched the commander of our unit, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "The plane will arrive in the evening. What do you mean evacuate?"

Mariah took in a deep breath and looked up at him. "Last night, two guests were kidnapped right after the party. Our guy is here, looking for the princess."

Fuck.

"How could this happen? We were so careful to retrace the plane arrival and everything was sorted correctly," Taylor muttered, her hands holding her hips.

"Yeah, that's what we thought. But apparently, these guys are better than we think. Right now, all we know is that an assassin was hired to hunt down Nefertiti and that there's someone on top or maybe, if possible, inside..."

"Liam?" Zayn's stern voice spoke out from the speakers of my earpiece.

"Zayn, get Selena back here right now. Something came up and we need to evacuate her as soon as possible," I said, my voice sounding determined and I hoped he would understand what I was trying to warn him with.

"Bloody fuck!" He hissed, the frustration in his quiet voice was heard before the line was cut off. I put down the phone and returned myself to the couch. 

"He's on his way," I told the others. Taylor relaxed a little, but I knew this wasn't over.

"Now what's the plan?" Harry queried, crossing his arms and his muscles tensed. I kept the device and walked back to the couch, joining Mariah in one of the seats.

"We're close, I could feel it," Mariah said, her hands folded together on her lap. "We've identified the assassin, he's a ghost-like we expect. We just need to find a way to lure him to us. Don't worry, my team will work on it, just take care of Nefertiti. We'll inform you of any news, but for now, our first priority is to get the princess out of this city."

Harry's lips parted to say something when the door burst open and a young man maybe in his early 20s wearing a black suit entered the suite. His facial expressions were forced calm and familiar, but his eyes were panicking. He was trying to hide his nerves but I can tell he was freaking out inside.

"Commander, we're under attack, someone is filling the hotel up with intoxicating smoke that is coming through the vents," I realized he was an agent at MI6, probably just completed his training. The kid rushes over to us. "We have to get outside before it reaches us—"

Just then white cloudy smoke seethed out from the vents in the kitchen. "Fuck!" Mariah curses, getting up from the couch, her eyes watching the smoke slowly pour out of the ventilation system in the kitchen, soon filling up the whole suite and possibly killing us all if we don't leave.

"What the hell is happening?!" Harry shouts at the young agent, startling him a little as he backs up, looking up at Harry with respectful eyes. We heard screaming coming in through the hanged-opened doorway.

"Guests are unconscious in their rooms, it is the toxins that are filling up each room— I'm not sure what kind of toxic—"

"It doesn't matter what kind, they're targeting the princess so obviously it's something deadly. We need to move!" Mariah ordered, getting us all on our feet. "Don't breathe if you want to live," she added, tucking an intercom in her ear, and clocking her G29.

Mariah turned to look at me, breaking me out of my trance and I quickly looked away, taking out my own gun and shoving the earpiece into my ear.

Mariah called for an MI6 car so we could escort the princess out of there. I'm not even sure if she's still good out there, who knows, the threat might already get to her.

"Let's move it!" our commander ordered after everyone set up to leave, our hands gripping onto our guns as we exited the suite. "Agent Carl, take the front," Mariah added, signalling for the kid to go ahead. He gave a single nod before pacing towards the elevator carefully, his arm stretched out holding his Glock.

The kid agent, Carl, quickly pressed the button for the elevator and pointed his gun into the luxury metal box when the door slid open. There was no one inside and the screaming seemed to get louder as we went down the floors.

I bet they were evacuating the building.

Coming out onto the ground floor, we kept our guns away into our waistbands as guests and employees ran and were all scrambling over to the reception area.

"Find Nefertiti and get her to the car, a black Range Rover in front of the entrance!" Mariah shouted through the screaming crowd at me and Harry. We turned to find the black car of the type and identified an agent behind the wheel, looking back at us.

He was alive and well until the car suddenly flipped over by the force of something like a missile and before anyone could do anything, the car burst into flames making a loud explosion sound and throwing the people swarming it backwards.

"FUCKK!!" Mariah curses, also covering her head to block herself from the outbreaks of the car.

"Shits got us, he's up there!" Harry pointed up at the rooftop of the building in front of this one. A figure in all black stood up and watched the result of his missilery.

Harry rushed out onto the sidewalk and pulled out his gun, shooting up at the figure later joined by Mariah and a few other agents. They missed and the assassin was on the move to escape.

I heard a beep in my ear and pulled out my communication device, answering the dial. "What the bloody fuck is happening?!? I need a fucking car!" Zayn yelled, cursing at the top of his lungs.

"Take Selena around the block, I'll go get you— keep her out of sight, there's an assassin on the roof of the opposite building. They took out one of our cars," I answered already making my move to the parking lot.

"Motherfucker! On the roof? I have one on my trial right now, he's armed as well!" Zayn exclaimed and I clenched my jaw, taking in a deep breath to see if I could still do that.

"Just get her around the block!" I yelled back, the veins in my head throbbing terribly. I reached the perfect getaway car, a black Maserati, and smashed the window down with my fist, cursing at the impact. "I'm on my way."

***

Zayn - Pov.

I was having the best time of my life which was watching the girl in front of me tell funny stories about her childhood. Her smile made me forget everything I was doing here, it was like it was just the two of us in this world. Like we just survived the end of the world and are now enjoying each other company in one of the abandoned shops and we didn't have to worry about anything anymore, we were finally together.

That's how she makes me feel, all I want to do is watch her. When she eats, when she talks, when she sleeps, when she smiles, when she cries, when she swims, when she looks at me... I want to watch everything she does, and every minute she does it. She's so beautiful even when she's not doing anything she's pretty. when she's quietly observing people around her, I want to know what she's thinking, I want to tell her everything I know because she deserves to know everything.

"Zayn?" Selena shoved me away from my thoughts with a little push on my chest.

"Hmm?" I answered, raising my brows at her.

She couldn't help a smile. "Are you even listening to me?"

"Hmm?"

She dropped back and tilted her head to look at me. "I knew you weren't listening," She said, smiling up at me, her brown orbs glowing as I stared into them.

"Huh? No– I was, I was just–" Selena raised her eyebrows at me knowingly so I stopped myself and smiled. "You're so beautiful."

Selena took a while as she stared at me, processing what I just said. A red flush filled her already pink cheeks as she blushed her eyes avoiding mine for a second.

"And you said you never had a girlfriend. I wonder where you learned to do that," She laughed, covering her ripe cheeks with her perfectly created hands.

"Things like that just come in with time," I shrugged innocently, earning another bright cackle from Selena. Wow, I never realized I could make a girl laugh this much.

Selena sighs, smiling shyly at me. "You're beautiful too," She whispered, her hand reached out and she caressed my cheek with her soft fingers.

The moment she touched my skin, my heart surged like a balloon filling up with air. My breath hitched deep in my throat, and my body seemed to heat up as my heart amplified its pumping, sending more blood to the rest of my body.

My lips parted and my breathing tightened, leaning into her touch. This girl has no idea what she does to me.

I looked up at her clueless face, wanting to grab it and kiss the life out of those soft lips of hers right here in front of everyone.

If she wants me to behave, and keep my job and my life, she has to stop touching me, like ever because even if it's the most little flesh of hers touching the tip of my hair would drive me out of my mind.

But one thing is I want her to touch me, every damn second of every damn day. That means I don't want to keep my job and if it'll take my life, I'll give that up too. Just keep touching me, Selena. I don't care anymore.

I entangled my hand over her palm, pulling it away from my face. "If you keep touching me like that, There's a high chance we won't be leaving until we visit the restroom," I whispered, softly massaging the palm of her hand.

Selena's eyes widened after realizing what I meant, and she flushed all over. I love her innocence so much.

Selena tugged playfully at her hand but I didn't let go. "You can't just say that in front of people!" She scowled at me, looking around cautiously. Her eyes avoided mine as she bit her bottom lip to keep from smiling.

Grabbing all my guts, I dropped her hand onto the table and got up, but not leaving my side. I leaned forward, held her chin up and I can kiss down at her lips.

The kiss took her by surprise as it did to me, she sucked in a deep breath, and her controlled breathing became ragged and untamed. My head was in a whirlwind of life, and my hands were trembling for her touch.

Selena let my tongue enter her mouth with a welcoming sigh. I licked the inside of her lip, tasting the bittersweet coffee.

She kissed me back hungrily, biting teasingly at my bottom lip when I pulled away. She grins shyly up at me, our lips were barely touching. Adorable.

"Thank you," I relieved, smiling gratefully at her. For a moment I forgot where we were and who we were meant to be. The reason for why I was here and how all this had happened. Selena was all that was playing in my mind right now, nothing else was in there.

Is this what love felt like? Because if falling in love felt like this, shouldn't it be a bad thing?

That talked some sense into my numb head, that now belongs to the girl in front of me. I wasn't thinking about work, the mission, Selena.

I silently panicked, usually when that happens, things get messed up. An uneasy feeling crawled up from my stomach, almost like vomit.

But instead of vomit, a curse word spat out of my mouth. I backed away from Selena and she looked at me, confused and worried.

"What is it?"

"I strange feeling..." I looked up from the plain wooden table, through the glass, and across the street. "Like someone could be..."

There he was, and after inspecting every face of every single person on the side, I found him. Our assassin. He was leaning against the building, his side facing me like he was hiding.

The cigarette between his lips and the grey newsboy hat that matches his trench suit hid everything suspicious about him. The motherfucker was blending with every other middle-aged man on these Manhattan sidewalks.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath, pulling Selena's gaze back to me.

Before he could look back, I grabbed Selena's hand and tugged her up from her seat. "We have to go. Right now," my voice was firm and my glare down at her wasn't intentional.

Her breathing stopped for a second as she looked up at me with wide eyes that were storing up fear. "Okay," she muttered, giving me a tight nod.

Taking in the deepest breath before pulling Selena beside me as we sneak out of the restaurant. We exited the restaurant and the sounds of cars honking and footsteps walking were all over the air.

I pulled Selena closer to me, her face digging into my chest and her arms tucked itself inside my coat and around my body as I paced us faster through the crowded sidewalk.

Inside the pocket of my denim coat, I felt my communication device vibrate. Fuck. I quickly pulled it out and saw that it was Liam's code number, attaching my earpiece to my ear, I spoke. "Liam?"

"Zayn, get Nefertiti back here right now. Something came up and we need to evacuate her as soon as possible," Liam said as if in a hurry.

"Bloody fuck!" I cursed before cutting the line and shoving the device back into my pocket. Shits serious.

My heart was thumping as I glanced back at the other side of the street, seeing the assassin already on his move after realizing we left the restaurant. He was looking around at where we were, probably trying to find us through the crowded sideway.

Motherfucker's gotta be fucking with me!

"Listen to me, we have someone trailing us— I need you to listen to everything I say alright?" I whispered, breathing in against Selena's soft hair, which in fact smelled amazing. It almost made me lose my senses for a second.

Selena sniffled, her hands gripping my shirt. "Uhm," she nodded, her head still pressed hard against me.

I glanced back, the man was getting on faster than before, he hadn't found us but I think he was getting close.

We kept speed walking.

That was when I heard a gun being triggered nearby. Following my instincts, I looked back to see the assassin take out a handgun, pointing it up in the air as he yelled at the people around. The loud bang made the sound of screaming erupt Selena slightly jerked, scrambling closer to me. My arm that was wrapped around her shoulders pulled her close, keeping her face out of sight.

"What the hell is happening?!" Selena wimps, looking up at me, her eyes tearing up.

"The guy has a gun!" I yelled, dodging a screaming woman who ran past me.

"Did he hurt anyone?"

I scowled, gaping down at her. "This is no time to be worried for anyone, as long as he doesn't hurt you, I don't care," I told her and she didn't look at me anymore, her face was shoved back against my chest.

We were walking for another few minutes and I could already see the hotel front from here, about a hundred meters and we'll be one block away. I could make out a black Range Rover pulling up in front of the hotel and was strangely confused when people started running out of the front entrance of the hotel, swarming the car.

Inside was a dark silhouette of a figure wearing shades, his hands pressed to the side of his face. I knew right away it was an MI6 unit car to pick up the princess. I glanced back and the assassin was still on the other side of the street, gun in his hand, and he was looking right at me. Fucker!

Pulling Selena closer, I held her protectively from the view of the assassin. He could try taking a shot anytime. Where the fuck is Manhattan police?! Is this why America got shit police service? No wonder they're useless fuckers.

I was looking right ahead at the hotel, the screaming seemed to have gotten louder. I frowned before something was shot at the Range Rover, flipping it harshly a few times. The screaming intensified. Selena wrapped her arms tightly around my waist.

Fuck shit!

I flinched, stopping and my eyes widened. What the shit? The engine burst into flames creating a huge explosion.

I hurriedly pulled out the dial again, calling Liam. He picked up pretty quickly.

"What the bloody fuck is happening?!? I need a fucking car!" I yelled, pulling Selena to the side, out of the sight of the hitman about 50 meters behind us.

"Take Selena around the block, I'll go get you— keep her out of sight, there's an assassin on the roof of the opposite building. They took out one of our cars," Liam explained, I could almost hear his heart from his loud panting.

I speak my thoughts. "Motherfucker! On the roof? I have one on my trial right now, he's armed as well!"

"Just get her around the block!" Liam yelled back, and I clenched my jaw, scowling under my breath while pulling Selena through the alleyway that surrounds a block.

"I'm on my way," he tightly added before there was a smashing sound and the line went off.

"Where are we going?" Selena spoke, barely loud enough to hear. Her voice quivered like she was cold.

We were mid-way across the thin alley. "Getting out of here," I answered, glancing to see no one behind us which relieved me.

"Are you okay?" She loosens her grip around my waist to look up at me. Her eyes trying to figure me out once again.

My jaw tightened and I forcefully nodded. "I'm fine," I looked straight ahead, avoiding her big worried eyes. I'm not fine and I think she knows. "Are you?" I returned the question, looking down at her again cause I couldn't not look at her.

I heard footsteps far behind us and my head swung around, pulling Selena to the side as the assassin pulled the trigger on us. Fuck! He caught up!

Selena shrieked, crouching into me. "Go go go!" I yelled, pulling Selena into running towards the opening of the other side of the block. Almost there...

There were more shots being fired, possibly hitting us if we weren't running side to side. My heart beats harder for the life of the girl I love. What if I couldn't protect her and she gets hurt? What the hell will I do then?

I want to push Selena to the side and go face-to-face with the man trying to kill her. But he has a gun and I don't, if I just stop he'd shoot me dead then maybe kill Selena afterwards.

Those thoughts winced me into fear. Not for my life but for hers. I was never scared to make vague decisions but now I do. My choices could get the only girl I've ever loved hurt.

The sounds of thundering gunshots broke me out of my trance and I realized we were almost out. Liam, I swear if you don't show up anytime soon...

We reached the other side of the alley and came out to the side of the hotel. I didn't bother to stop, Selena seemed like her legs were giving up but I wasn't going to let her. I pulled her closer to me again and supported her weight as she ran with me, roughly through crowds again.

I didn't want to look back, I didn't want to be scared so I kept running, my eyes looking around the street for Liam. Where the hell are you? I wined inside my head, my heart beating so fast, it could stop any second now.

Taking a right turn, we continued running. I could hear Selena's pants drowning in my ear. We didn't dare stop because we were afraid of what would await us if we did.

To my relief, a black Maserati pulled up alongside us with a screeching noise. We slowed down but didn't stop completely until the window rolled down and Liam's face was revealed to us.

"Get the fuck in!" He yelled and I pulled the back door open, throwing Selena in first I jumped in, shutting the door behind me. Bullets were shot at the car, making all of us flinch, ducking in our seats.

"Bloody hell!" Liam cursed, pulling the headgear and breaking off from the side road. I glanced back, seeing the assassin stopping with the gun in his hand, his eyes glaring at us angrily as we got further and further away from him.

I sighed, dropping my head back, and hitting the soft pillow of the seat. My pants slowed and I turned to look at Selena. She had her face looking out the window and her forehead pressed against the glass.

I reached out to take her hand in mine and she turned to look at me. Seeming of life entered her eyes again and she scooted closer, pressing her head against my shoulder.

I caught Liam's eyes watching us in the rear mirror, his face showing no emotions and I couldn't read what he was thinking. At the moment I didn't care. Selena was safe now and that's all that mattered to me. Liam looked back in front, he started filling me in with the deeds and Selena fell asleep.

***

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...