A Cut To Love

By anuvawrites

Book 1 In Morello Series When a kind and talented Doctor, Savanah accidentally cuts the billionaire's hand an... More

Author's Note
Covers and Aesthetics
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilouge
New story!!
Note

Chapter 1

27.5K 678 375
By anuvawrites

SAVANAH

"Ahhhhh stop it" I groaned waking up from my cosy bed. Its fall my favourite season with bright orange leaves on the sidewalk, hot coffee with my Taylor swift playlist and the chilling winds of New York city hitting on my face.

I love this city, so bright, so enthusiastic, although people are rude as a rigid stick, but it's still New York.

I am Dr Savanna Michelle Rodriguez.

I am 3rd year cardiothoracic resident surgeon at the White hill hospital NYC.

Getting up from the bed I went into my bathroom to do my business and then started to get ready for my boxing class. It's just one of the things on my wishlist such as
Learn boxing.
Learn horse riding.
Play guitar.

And many more stupid things teenagers want do but I didn't get to do them as my parents had to pay for that, not because they were poor or something it's like asking them for anything results in me getting brutally insulted.

Not that I grew up in a horrible household but it was just 2 steps behind becoming one.

It was horrible.

As I was locking my apartment door my mobile rang, it was my baby, my best friend, my everything unfortunately for her I come in the second place, first is her software boyfriend, just remembering his face creeps me out. Something is off with that guy.

Me: "Hey Jul, I am just locking my front door to meet you at the class. Okay!!"

I didn't get a response for the first time she was silent.

Juliet is never silent.

Me: "Juliet!" I asked in a louder voice. She sighed and calmly said,

Juliet: "he cheated on me Sav, he slept with the fucking whore on his friend's bachelorette and dared to bring her into his house."

Me: "I am so sorry Jul"

Juliet: "that bitch slept on my bedsheets I bought them from Walmart."

And don't judge we love Walmart.

Me: "It's okay! You are at no fault for this okay you are awesome and if he can't see that he is fucking blind then."

Juliet: "You are not supposed to say these things Sav."

Me: "What?"

She was crying I know she is, she dated that dude for 4 years, and he even gave her a promise ring for fuck sake.

Juliet: "You always told me something was off about him, and I didn't listen to you. He had been cheating on me for the past 2 years, he admitted that. He said he can't see sparks anymore, he even slept with Clara."

Hearing those words made my eyes pop out.

Me: "Chlamydia Clara?" I shouted.
Juliet: "Yes."

I came up with that name.

I am sorry, I do not judge people on their sex life but Clara is Juliet's first cousin and she just has a very annoying habit to pull me down because I can't get male attention.

Like the sole purpose of my existence.

Me: "Do you want me to come to your apartment, Jul,"

I asked I know she needs me and her cookie dough ice cream tub.

Juliet: "No I have surgery at 8 I have to get ready I will meet you at the hospital."

Ya, my baby girl is also a cardio resident surgeon. Dr Juliet Gwen.

Juliet: "And for heaven's sake do not tell Maya about it I swear I will rip her blonde hair off." I mean it Sav."

Me: " you have my word."

Well Juliet hates Maya well the three possible reasons are
A. Maya is an OB/GYN
B. MAYA IS A REAL BITCH ONLY WHEN SHE IS MEAN.
C. MAYA IS ALWAYS MEAN.

Which often makes me wonder why I am still friends with her.

I got into my car and went to my classes.

...............

I am drained. I can't go to the hospital today. Oh God helps my limbs. It's 7:15 in the morning I have my shift at 9 I better get a bath.

I reached the hospital at 8:45 am so I could have extra 15 minutes before rounds for my best friends.

As I got in the elevator the doors were prevented to be closed by the man I hate to see every day but he is my boss.

Dr Peter Williams head of the cardio department and also an attending. I swear on Jesus this guy just makes me sick, with his what does he call that........ ahh 'healthy flirting'.

"Good morning Savanah" he cheerfully wished me, why can't he just say Dr Savanah or Dr Rodriguez.

"Good morning Dr William."

I work through professional code, plus he is a senior in the department and just comes to the hospital for only 2 hrs a day and all his surgeries are transferred to me or Jul. Or other surgeons.

Not that I complain about the surgeries but I do mind his carefree attitude. But obviously, we can't complain about him because the owner of the hospital is his brother, so any complaint about him is deferred.

"Oh, how many times I have to tell you to call me Peter, we are colleagues not senior-junior same."

"Exactly, Dr William, we are colleagues," I said affirmatively and smiled not the teeth one.

"So what can I do to be your friend Savanah." Okay, that's serious now run, run now or you will regret kicking him where the sun doesn't shine.

My thoughts were interrupted by a God sent angel, Matt.
Matt is my intern but at this particular moment, he is a god for me.

"Good morning Dr Savanha, Good morning Dr William."
I exhale a large amount of air that I didn't know I was holding in.
"Good Morning Dr Matt."

"Dr Matt I need you to collect my parcel from the reception and bring it to my office right now."

I am not going in the elevator alone with him. Oh! God help.

Matt turned around to leave but I held his hand, both men shocked by my action.

"Dr William, I need Dr Matt with me right now, it's an emergency, my patient, Chelsea has a nice bond with him and she won't take medications until he is not there."

Okay!! Clap on your back Savanah, this is a pretty reasonable excuse.

I glared at Matt. He understood the assignment and played along.

But the ugly devil had to speak.

"Dr Savanha I am so sorry but I am Matt's boss, therefore he has to listen to my orders." Matt's eyes were on me

Bloody son of a bun.

"Dr William as I recall you said that we are colleagues no senior-junior."

The Player got played by his own words bravo girl. Haha, that's wordplay bitches.

"But..." I cut him off "see you later Dr William." the elevator door closed.

"You know you are an angel, Matt." Matt smiled and said, "your welcome, Dr Savanha."

It's lunchtime now and Jul is still not here she was supposed to be here 10 mins ago.

"Hey! I am so sorry I just had a phone call to attend to." She justified her lateness.

"So??"

"Savanah let's not talk about him, please," she said with a slight pain in her eyes. She is just like an open book with a great poker face that only a few people can read.

Juliet and I met on the first day of our undergraduate classes, till today we both are knit together.
We did med school together, internships and now residency.

She is the first shoulder I cry on or in other words only shoulder I could cry on.

The best perks of being friends with her are that she doesn't judge you for anything, she doesn't care if I am single or not.

Or I am 27 years old and still a virgin and never kissed. And I know what you are thinking .....neither saving for the right person nor waiting till marriage.

It's just that all these years, never thought about it as much as a necessity in my life.

" Ya sure, so where is Maya?" I asked her as she eats lunch with us every day.

"Think of the devil here she is." Jul silently muttered in her mouth but I heard her.

"Hey people, Savanha your hair is so ugly and rough." okay that's rude. "You should go to the hair salon, next weekend we will go on a girl's day out, what do you think?"

Jul abruptly left the chair and said "I am out." Great now I'm alone with her.

For the first time in my life, my mom saved me.
"I just need to take this call, Maya."

Me: "Hey, mom!"
Mom: "Savanah how are you, my sweet girl we both miss you a lot when will you come back home."

Well that devil's den, can't be home to anyone except the devil.

I heard him mumbling, shut the phone, but pretended I didn't mean it. I know he hates me he always does.

Me: "Ah, right now mom it's busy here so I don't think I will get leave so I will try. okay"

Mom: "Sure my girl."

Me: "I love you, my heart."
Mom: " I love you too."
Me: "Talk to you later."

Isn't it weird, that love is so conditional when a person fits into your desirable moulds you love them but the moment it starts to break the mould you treat them like shit.

My elder brother Lucas and I are treated differently and he is always loved by him because he wanted to be a lawyer plus he was the football captain in high school and undergraduate so dad likes him more.

First I used to think I was a girl so I was treated differently but it was never that issue.

The only time I ever felt loved by him was when I was when we go to parties with dad.

After we reach home everything changes back to the abnormal normal.

I always knew he would never support me in my carrier so I got a scholarship at both my undergraduate and med school.

And I also worked as a commercial model for 4 years as an undergraduate enough to buy or rent a flat in a good neighbourhood.

Well thank God, our mother doesn't treat me the same way as dad she loves me so much.

But she also never stopped him from the hell he showered on me.

That's not what you do to someone you love, I know she is been through a lot so she mostly locks herself when this happens

I guess people love each other on terms and conditions.

I headed to the OR as I have scheduled surgery for a valve replacement.

.................

I am officially done for today I asked Jul to stay the night with me but she refused as she need to complete 7 stages of grief alone.
Don't ask me what is that...
I was too tired to ask her.

I just heated my last night's beef pho for dinner while watching friends.
A tiring day and the big bowl of hot beef pho can make, the end of the day beautiful.

Before Going to bed I took my Anxiety pills and prayed to God to change my tomorrow for good.

How did you like the first chapter?

Does anyone like beef pho? And with what toppings?

With lots of love 💕. Enjoy reading lovelies.

_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8M 296K 52
Anna Krause is in her senior year and more than ready to leave high school behind and start a new fresh life without homework, what she didn't expect...
159K 11.9K 15
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
2.5M 209K 94
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
612K 31K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...