How Could I Forget? | a hsmtm...

Por hsmtmtsobsessed1

Nini is now in her 2nd year of college at NYU. She is great friends with Gina and Kourtney still. She majors... Más

Main Characters and Socials :)
Prologue
Chapter 1-He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named
Chapter 2-A Night With Lily
Chapter 3- We Miss Rini!! (Groupchat)
Chapter 5-The Flashback
Chapter 6-Lily's Plan
A/n
Chapter 7-Does Nini Have Feelings for him?
Chapter 8 - 1 Week
Chapter 9-Improv
Chapter 10-Nini's Response
Chapter 11-What She Thought
Chapter 12 - Tea.
Chapter 13 - The New Couple?
Chapter 14 - Uh Oh
Chapter 15 - Wait. WHAT??
Chapter 16 - The Crazy Plan
Chapter 17 - The Trip!
Chapter 18 - Ricky
A/N
Chapter 19 - What to do? What to say?
Chapter 20 - Ricky Finds Out
Chapter 21 - Meet the Moms
a/n
Chapter 22 - The Plan is in Action
Chapter 23 - Another improv???!!
Chapter 24 - Thanksgiving Break
Chapter 25 - Official Venting Outlet
Chapter 26 - Cute ;))
Chapter 27 - The Kiss
Chapter 28 - New Friends
Chapter 29 - Regret
Chapter 30 - The Auditions
Chapter 31 - Tech Week
Chapter 32 - showtime!
Chapter 33 - Red Robin and Exes
Chapter 34 - I love you
Chapter 35 - rekindling love?
Chapter 36 - the emergency
Chapter 37 - Doctor?
Chapter 38 - NO!
Chapter 39 - poor matt
Chapter 40 - Senior Year
Chapter 41 - Ricky's friend
Chapter 42 - walking red flag?
Chapter 43 - exposed.
Chapter 44 - a nice little stroll :)
Chapter 45 - the truth
Chapter 46 - why
Chapter 47 - back to the grind
Chapter 48 - once upon a dream
Chapter 49 - starting over
Chapter 50 - How Could I Forget?

Chapter 4-Lunch With Matt

292 4 0
Por hsmtmtsobsessed1

~a few days later~

*Nini POV*

Gina has been acting really suspicious, and I don't know why. As for Ricky, I've gotten used to him dating someone and posting about her literally all the time. It is so annoying. It got to the point where I had to unfollow him.

Anyway, I've been trying to thrive here in college. Writing songs, hanging out with friends, and getting A's. It's been great. Honestly, only one thing would make it better. Ricky. HEY! WAIT BRAIN. I CAN'T THINK THAT. I KNOW THAT'S NOT TRUE...but my brain thinks otherwise. I decided to text him...I know, my brain is crazy.

I pulled up Ricky's contact and stared at it, before starting to type.

And before I sent it, I deleted the text. The last time we texted was 3 years ago now when we were trying to be friends. Almost right after our breakup.

That's when my best friend, Matt, texted me.

*MATT POV*

Yes, I know nini. If you haven't noticed, I like Nini. Like a lot, but I don't want to mess up our relationship. We're best friends, but I don't even know if she feels the same way...

*Nini POV*

Yes! Lunch with Matt was exactly what I needed. He always makes me feel better. I watched the clock until it finally hit 1:15, and I drove to Chipotle.

I got there and I was about 5 minutes early, and in a few minutes, Matt arrived.

"Hey neeners!" He said as he sat down.

"Hey, Matt!! How are you?"

"I'm good, hungry though. What do you want? I'll order for you?"

"Sure," I smiled. "I'll take a bowl, you know, the regular." We have lunch together as much as possible, so he knows what I want. He always asks just to make sure. It's one of the things I love about him. As in, friend love.

*Matt's POV*

I walked back to my best friend, her waiting patiently for the food. I smiled as I approached her and said, "it happened again." I laughed.

"Oh my gosh, that's so funny. It literally happens all the time."

Yes, we've got inside jokes. It's funny because this always happens when we go out. People say stuff like, "Aw, you two are so cute together" or "you guys aren't dating??"

The cashier gave me our orders and said, "better hurry up, your girlfriend is waiting!"

I can't help but smile at these interactions. If only. We never correct them, just laugh, although I was always secretly wishing for it to happen. I dream of a time when I work up the nerve to tell her I like her, I already have a lot of dates planned out.

Is that weird?

I hand Nini her food, as I slide in the seat opposite to her, "So Neen, I can tell something's up. What's wrong?"

"Oh, I don't know. It's just..." She shrugged.

"You can tell me."

"Well, it's my ex-boyfriend, Ricky. We broke up 3 years ago. Apparently, he has a new girlfriend now, and...it's just..." She laughed nervously. "We don't have to talk about it, actually. I'm just glad to be here with you."

"Take your time telling me. You can tell me anything."

"Okay...well basically he's dating this pretty model-slash-actress lady who we all hated back in high school. She's such a jerk. And I keep thinking about this, and I don't know why." she said, defeated.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Let's finish lunch back at my apartment, okay?" She nods, as I lead her out of the booth.

*Nini POV*

He grabbed my hand and smiled at me, as I tried to smile back. We went to our cars and drove to his apartment. A familiar place for me.

It felt good to rant about He-Who-Shall-not-Be-Named and Godzilla. I didn't even realize how much I was holding it in. Matt always let me rant about things, and it was great to have someone to talk to.

It's funny to look back at how we first were like...

a/n: Y'all, next chapter it's time–for the flashback‼️‼️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

110K 3.9K 55
"𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙞 '𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙮 '𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩.' 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪." ricky and nini ha...
5.6K 68 24
Nini goes to the Youth Actors' Conservatory but forgets to tell Ricky that she's going! Follow Nini on a journey through a new school with new friend...
80.4K 2.2K 66
Ricky and Nini have been best friends since kindergarten. They've had their ups and downs, but always found a way to stay close. But what neither of...
63.4K 1.8K 29
𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝙗𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙-𝙥𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙤 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡, 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙞 𝙨𝙖𝙡𝙖𝙯𝙖𝙧-𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙨 ...