Brute (Finnick X oc)

By a-hopeless_romantic

𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐞 /bro͞ot/ 1. a savagely violent person or animal. "𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑-𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑡... More

• Cast •
About
• Welcome to the 70th hunger games •
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
• Cast •
• Welcome to the quarter quell •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
* Cast *
* Welcome Mocking Jay *
* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *
* 4 *
* 5 *
* 6 *
* 7 *
* 8 *
* 9 *
* 10 *
* 11 *
* 12 *
* 13 *
* 14 *
* 15 *
* 16 *
* 17 *
* 18 *
* 19 *
* 20 *
* 21 *
* 22 *
* 23 *
* 24 *
* 25 *
* 26 *
* 27 *
* 28 *
* 29 *
* 30 * - The End -
A year later after the ending
Authors note

• 9 •

8.1K 155 24
By a-hopeless_romantic

—•—

——

Today is the day.

Emerald and I sat on a hover craft I haven't seen Roland which fills me with anxiety. I stuck out my arm for them to put the tracker in me.

We were quiet the entire ride. I could tell Emerald didn't know what to say to me. But I liked the quiet.

After the conversation with Finnick last night I needed to clear my head.

I stood in a grey room examining my outfit. It's unlike any of the outfits I've seen the tribute have to wear.

I stood in a grey room examining my outfit. It's unlike any of the outfits I've seen the tribute have to wear. It's not thermal. It's thin.

"Tropical or a desert." Emerald said after watching me pull at the outfit. "It's like a wetsuit. One game I'm in freezing temperatures the next I might be sweaty." I tried to defuse the tension.

"30 SECONDS!!"

"Blossom, I don't want to go!" Tears filled my eyes. She grabbed my face gently like my mother did when I had nightmares.

"60 SECONDS TILL LAUNCH!!"

"Emerald, I don't want to go!" Tears filled my eyes. She grabbed my face like Adelynn once did.

"Cypress, it's ok. I know this will be hard but... You can do it. I believe in you. Just think about everyone back home. Your mother, Roland, Lilac, me. Everyone who cares about you." I nodded along.

"Cypress, it's okay. I know this is hard but you can do it! You've done it before. Just remember who's back home for you... Me. I can't be a stylist without my canvas... I care about you Cypress." I nodded along.

"And... become numb. Don't think about what your doing just don't hesitate. Your gonna do things in there you didn't think you could do." I nodded. I know exactly what she's talking about.

"I know this is bad to say, but, go back to your old self. Be cut off from the world. Don't hesitate. Your gonna do things you didn't want to do again." I nodded. I know exactly what she's talking about.

"It's time." I hug her one last time. And made my way to the tube. I try to control my breathing as I watch Blossom wave goodbye.

"It's time to go now." I hugged her one last time. I made my way to the tube. My breathing is controlled. The sense of normalcy fills me. I watched Emerald wave goodbye.

The tube started moving up. I take in a sharp breathe of freezing cold air.

The tube started to move up. I squinted my eyes as the bright sun filled my vision.

I can't see anything once I'm up. It's too bright to see. It felt like ice going threw my nose. Once my eyes adjusted I'm able to look around. Snow is everywhere. There's a giant mountain covered in snow.  The trees are thick of the white fluffy powder.

It's hard to see, the sun is too bright. The smell of the salt water fills my nose. The trees are tall and thin. I won't be able to climb those to sleep in there not sturdy enough.

Every breath I let out I can see. I see the cornucopia about twenty feet in front of me. I tried to find Leo but since everyone's jackets were  white and their hoods were up they all looked the same.

Every breath burned of heat. I see the cornucopia far, far away from me. The water that surrounded us made it impossible to see what and who was around.

Looking for Roland out here was some what... Impossible.

A ten appears above the cornucopia.

It's counting down.

It's counting down.

9

9

8

8

7

7

6

6

I bent my legs to warm my body up to run. I can't tell how deep the snow is so I prepared my body.

I bent my legs to get ready to dive in the water. I can't tell how deep the water is so I prepared my body.

5

5

4

4

3

3

2

2

1

1

"Let the 70th hunger games begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor!"

"Let the 75th Hunger Games begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor!"

Diving into the cold water made a shock wave of reality hitting me. The games are really happening.

Breaking the surface to catch my breath I tried to get up on the plat form so I could run the rest of the way.

I hear wet foot steps behind me, I turn to see Cecelia from district eight.

I got to the cornucopia and grabbed the first weapon I saw throwing knives. I threw one at her but she dove into the water.

I ran to the front so I could see if Roland was their. A familiar mop of blonde hair threw a trident. "Finn." He looked at me. "Duck." He bent down to his knees in a matter of seconds.

I wiped my arm in the air. The knife going straight into Panlo district nine's chest as he tried to grab a katana.

One.

"Thanks." "No problem." I grabbed a sword for me and another one for Roland. "Have you seen Roland?" "No. Sorry." "It's alright. Good luck." Before he could say anymore I ran around the cornucopia.

Cecelia tackled me on one of the platforms. I grunted trying to get up. I kneed her in the stomach she fell over. I grabbed the sword and plunged it into her head.

Two.

I looked up to see Katniss watching me. "This doesn't seem like the place for you girl on fire." I yanked the sword from Cecelia's head.

I turned my head for a split second as I hit the beach and ran into someone. I fell with a huff.

Looking up I saw Gloss his sword inches from my face. "Cypress?" I kicked his sword from his hand. He kneed me in the gut I dropped the weapons. His elbow bashed into my back I fell  getting a face full of sand.

His shadow showed his foot about to crash into my back. I rolled out of the way just in time.

"Cypress!" Roland's voice yelled as he ran from the words he tackled Gloss. Punch after punch all I could do was watch.

"Roland, come on we've got to go!" I noticed the other half of the career pack running towards us.

I gripped the collar of his wet suit and pulled him, he took the sword I held out for him. As we ran Roland let out a small yelp. Gloss had managed to grab his sword and slash Roland's leg.

"Come on. We've got to go." I wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we ran into the woods.

We ran as far as we could until Roland needed a brake. "Let me see." The cut was deep right on his calf, grains of sand and dirt were visibly seen.

"We need to stop the bleeding. With something... vines! That could work right?" "Cypress." I grabbed my sword and started hacking at the vines. "Cypress."

"What?" I asked tying the vine tightly around his calf. "Stop." "No." "Cyp-" "shh! I'm doing this." "Cypress go find Finnick." "Shut Up." "Im s-" I reached over and covered his mouth with my hand.

His eyes had gone wide. "Why can't we go after Katniss?" I believe that was Cashmere's voice. "Cause, I want them all dead and we are closer to Cypress." Gloss replied.

Roland and I are out in the open, their voices are coming from the right of us. I slowly grabbed my sword.

Roland furiously shook his head he tried to grab my hand but I pushed it away.

"They couldn't have gone far, seeing she's with Roland who's old and hurt." Gloss laughed, I gripped my sword tighter.

"Her last games she couldn't keep what's his face alive... Theo?" I bit down on the inside of my cheek.

I swear I'm gonna decapitate them.

"I think we are getting close theirs more blood." The voice of Enobaria sounded closer than the others. "Let me kill her when we find them. She was a brat from the first day I met her." Brutus said his voice sounding even closer than Enobaria.

I looked around for anything to get them away from us. I grabbed a medium size rock and threw it as far as I could.

"Wait! Did you hear that?" Cashmere said making their footsteps come to a halt.

"Yeah, let's go." The noise of leaves crunching and twigs snapping got further and further away. "Okay. We aren't safe here, let's keep going."

"Cypress no." He said again as I wrapped my arm around his torso. "I just almost got you killed." "Exactly. Almost! Stop being a brat and let's go!" I said the last part sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes and reluctantly got up. "Good. Okay they went back down to the beach. So we will go... this way." I pointed to left diagonal of us.

"We will be far away from the beach." Roland didn't say anything I just pushed him to walk with me.

As we walked I cut any vines that were in our way. My sword swung making my arm feel numb since I was swinging with my left hand it was less in my control. I gripped Roland's side tighter as we walked his limp was more prominent.

I stopped my swing of the sword. "Do you hear that?" "Not more people." He threw his head back annoyed.

"No, not that... it's a hum." "I don't hear anything." I closed my eyes and smiled at the familiar noise.

I looked out my window at the mountains that filled the landscape. Closing my eyes I hear the hum of the power zipping through my district.

"Hang tight." Roland leaned on his sword as I grabbed a twig.

"Okay watch out." He slightly ducked as I tossed the stick. It hit a wall and bounced back at us. "We've hit the end already." "Force field?" I nodded. "We'll camp here for tonight. Try to get some rest." "Aye-aye captain." I rolled my eyes with a hint of a smile.

At least his death wish has finally passed.

When we stopped running the heat of the jungle finally sent in.

"We ne-" my sentence was cut short as the cannons went off.

Five cannons were heard. I looked down at the dirt praying none of the cannons were for Finnick Johanna and Mags.

The bugs were atrocious, I feel like I slapped my arms about a thousand times.

Sweat beaded down my forehead. I rested my head on the tree as Roland slept.

We aren't safe just the two of us out in the open like this with the career pack roaming around.

I'll need to find people soon.

A loud noise came over the arena. Fallen tributes.

I don't want to watch but I know I should show respect. I looked at the knife it seemed to get hot fast since I put it right on the flame.

District two Louise

Next to her face was a video of me killing her. I grimace at the memory. This is new.

I shook my head. And watched the faces of the tributes pass. Crossing my fingers Johanna Finnick and Mags don't appear.

District six
District eight
District nine
District nine
District ten
District eleven.

I knew these people... but I'm happy I didn't see anyone I... knew, knew.

Finnick came to mind if he did pop up what would I have felt like.

Would I just have cried then pretend it didn't happen and focus on the games?

Or, would I feel as if, I have nothing else to live for?

Would have I regretted not telling him I loved him back.

I regret that now, he's not even dead and I still regret it.

—•—

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 207 13
━━ 🌿 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 ❛ In which, they love each other, but neither one can admit it, not even to themselves. ❜ ❪ the hunger games ❫ ❪ catching fire ━...
3M 74K 63
"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE RAN INTO THE CORNUCOPIA AND TOOK OUT TEN...
73.4K 2K 28
❛ I WONDER WHAT WILL BE YOUR MOTIVE NEXT? YOUR WILL TO LIVE, OR YOUR WILL TO LOVE? ❜ in which silver quinn must, once again, find...
372K 10.5K 24
//𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙞𝙧 𝙭 𝙤𝙘 // ❝ 𝙇𝙮𝙣𝙭 𝙈𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 - 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘵 5'𝘴 '𝘓𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘚𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬' - 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰�...