SETH (Book Four)

By authormsdevera

Everyone has a dark past where you can never run from it. Theresa Young goes by the name of Terry may have le... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
ANNOUCEMENTS
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
ANNOUNCEMENTS
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
ANOUNCEMENT!
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
ANNOUNCEMENT
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
ANNOUNCEMENT
FIFTY
EPILOGUE

FORTY-FIVE

173 11 0
By authormsdevera

I arrived in front of his salon, where his apartment was on the top floor. I pressed the doorbell, and the door flung open. Pete surprised me with his presence; he had his expensive kimono bathrobe and his face plastered in a green facial mask. He taps his foot.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. Terry Young," Pete squinted his face, his pissed-off face, after opening his apartment door. His eyes scan me up and down, then inhale sharply. "Still sexy as ever."

I clear my throat. "May I come in?"

He stares at me for a minute or two, having second thoughts. "You did say you have to explain, so come inside," he said, walking away from the door and allowing me to step in.

I sighed, and after I had closed my door, I looked around and saw that his apartment seemed normal and not in the ordinary except for all the colorful and furry furniture and artworks of naked people.

I exhale in relief, yet a bit worried.

What is Kendall talking about? There is nothing creepy about his place.

"It's been two years since we last spoke, and you were coming here means business," Pete pours himself a glass of his favorite liquor and sips as he sways his hips towards his couch. "Please sit."

I grab a seat across from him as he offers me a drink, but I decline.

"So, Terry, before you get to the main topic of you being here, I want the disclosure of breaking my heart."

"Pete," I sigh. "You know I didn't mean to hurt your feelings like that, but..."

"But?" taking another sip off his glass and crossing his legs. His hairy leg was revealed.

"I had a good reason."

"Hmm..."

"And I don't know how to break it down for you, but I'm just going to say it," I licked my lips and stood up. "Pete, I'm sorry. I couldn't return your feelings. That day, I asked you to be my date so I could finish my mission."

"What about that kiss?" He put his glass down and stood up, swaying his hip to the side and crossing his arms. "Did you not feel anything at all?"

"You are attractive and may find someone who feels the same, but I'm not that perfect someone for you."

"Is it because of how I dressed? Or is it my height?" he states, then reaches over and grabs my hand. I look like a teenager, but I stopped growing at eighteen and stayed like this. I can look mature for you."

"Pete, none of that is why I don't find you attractive."

He grips my hand tight, and I can feel his fake nails piercing my skin, sobbing. "Then tell me! Terry, I love you. I never met anyone like you. I've been abandoned many times because of the way I am. My parents never acknowledged me. My family shuns me, except for my grandmother. But ever since she passed away, I've been alone." He then fiercely hug me. His arms wrapped around my waist. "Please don't leave. Please don't...."

I haven't forgotten that I removed the band that hides my breast. Since I got together with Seth, I finally let these ladies be free.

Pete looks at my chest and pulls himself away, stepping back slowly. His eyes never left. "Terry...are you hiding something under your sweater?"

Before coming here, I wore one of Seth's hoodies and bit my lower lips. "No, I'm not."

He starts to chuckle as his tears ruin the eyeliner. "I felt something bouncy under there. So, if it's not two water balloons under there, you better tell me."

"Pete..." I reached the end of the hoodie and removed it, revealing my feminine body to him.

"No...no..." he shakes his head, feeling disgusted. "How could you...how are you a girl? I-I mean, the way you dress and act is like a man. How could you-No! This can't be happening."

"Pete, I'm sorry," I stepped forward, but he avoided my approach. "I didn't intentionally hide my gender. I only did it because of personal reasons."

"To break a woman's heart?" he spats. Pete identifies himself as a woman because he has been born wrong.

I rub my face. "Pete, please sit, and I'll tell you."

He relaxed his shoulders and finally sat back on the couch, pouting. I did the same and exhaled as I prepared to tell him the story of my childhood from the beginning to the end. I told him about my birth parents and how I ended up in the orphanage. I told him about being adopted by a psycho who thinks she is a saint and how Odin rescued me from that hellhole and trained me to be an assassin. I explained why I had to hide my gender because the Order still haunts the old me, and the male counterpart protects her. Then I brought up rescuing a child who looked like me and ended up being my daughter, who I thought had left her for dead. The emotional pain and guilt still linger inside what I did to her. I know she had forgiven me, but I couldn't let the responsibility go deep down. When I told Pete how I was forced by a man to have sex at thirteen and was ordered by my mother, I saw the tears in his eyes, all pouring out, feeling the distraught and sad emotions.

Pete sobs and pulls out his handkerchief, blowing his nose. His eyes were puffy and red. "I can't believe you went through all that and still look badass." He sniffles.

I chuckle softly.

"So, where is your little mini-me?"

"At home, with friends and..." I pull on a smile.

"Oh!" he grins, still with moisture in his eyes but can still be humorous as he can read my expression. "You have a man!"

It wasn't even a question. It's more shocking that I have someone in my life.

I pinch my lips and feel the heat rash on my face. After removing the hoodie, I still feel hot. I can practically smell Seth's scent, making it more tempting.

Pete covers his mouth to hide the gasp, but he is smiling behind it. He wipes his eyes and stares at me.

"Are you okay?" I ask, curious about how he genuinely felt since I told him the truth. "I mean, a moment ago, you were pissed at me for ghosting you, and now you are crying after hearing the story. I want to know how are you coping with this?"

Pete sniffles and inhales before releasing all the emotions out of his system. I gave him a minute or two to collect himself.

"I'm..." placing his hand over his heart, a tear fell from his eye. "After hearing all that, I can fully understand your pain, anger, and suffering. As I said, you are a badass. You've been through a lot. How come you never told me?"

I shrug. "I don't disclose my past to everyone."

"Does Kendall and Gunnar know?"

I nodded.

"Myles?"

"He was the first one I told."

"By the way, where is Myles? Usually, he would be with you."

Once Pete asked for Myles, it struck a nerve. I felt so guilty, and shame stabbed me in the heart that I couldn't look into his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asks, unaware of the situation. "Is he on another mission? Avoiding me again? I'm already over him. I've moved on."

I hold back my tears by looking around and softly chuckle. "Yeah, he's on another mission. But he won't be coming back...this time."

"Oh, I see. Well, when you see him. Tell him not to cry when I find someone."

"Yeah, I will."

I don't know how long I can keep Myles' death a secret from Pete. I know he had a crush on Myles for a while before he shifted his feelings on me. I wanted to tell him about Myles' death, but those words never came out, and instead told a white lie. Myles is on a mission that he will never return.

Pete abruptly stood up, surprising me. "Okay, now that we got the truth out of the way and solved the misunderstanding between us, I know you're a woman. About that favor."

"You are okay with helping me even though I lied to you for a few years?"

"I was angry at first, but since you had a reason to hide the truth from me. You had it rougher than my boring life. I'm not mad at you anymore. You are my friend."

"Thanks, Pete."

"Okay, so what's the plan? What do you want Mystic Pete to do for you?"

He calls himself that because, like Myles, Pete is an excellent actor when playing a role. He can change his look to be someone else, and his voice can mimic someone. You can't even tell the difference. Besides doing his morning job as a stylist, he would do impersonation night at a gay club, dress up as favorite celebrities, and entertain guests every weekend.

I explained the situation to Pete; Eva created the virus to present herself as the savior and trade my daughter for the cure.

"Why does she want your daughter back? She has no reason to have the child back when you two separated for thirteen years."

"Eva doesn't know I'm her daughter, and Poppy is the next to take her place as the new leader of the Order."

"I want to say this because after hearing your story life, but your mother is a bitch, a cold mother fucking hearted bitch," he spat and crossed his arms. "I mean, she tried to kill you after you were born. If it weren't for your uncle, you would have been dead. If she didn't want you in the first place, then she should have aborted you. Why didn't she?"

"That's a mystery. I still can't answer that."

"Still," he sighs. "But then, if she had aborted you, your sexy self won't be born looking like fucking Lara Croft but more badass."

I shake my head at his compliments. "Eva was committed to an asylum." I sound like I'm defending her mental state. I don't know why I said that. It's not me to support the woman who wants to kill me.

"That is not an excuse to kill her baby." Pete groans in frustration. "So, are you going to give up your daughter for the cure for the virus? When are you meeting her?"

"Tomorrow night at the Long Beach pier."

Pete let out a groaning whine. "That soon?"

"Yes."

"And you want my professional help and disguise as your daughter."

"I don't need to explain that part to you."

"Okay, well, what does your child look like?"

I pulled out my phone and went through my photo gallery. I hand the device to Pete, showing him the latest picture of Poppy and me at Odin's hotel resort before Sully kidnaps her. "She is quite a cutie," Pete shifts his eyes up and then back, repeating the gesture. "She looks like you."

"Yeah," smiling proudly.

"Aw, I can see the mother and daughter bond here. So precious," he hands me back the phone. "Okay, I got the whole night to create a face."

"Thanks again, Pete," putting my phone back in my pocket as I say.

"No worries, darling." He winks at me. It's been a while since we partnered up together. I was starting to get bored with celebrity life. Yours is more fun, and I know you love action movies. You can hang out here or return if you have other things, and then I'll call you when I'm ready."

"Okay, I plan to return to the agency anyway to meet with the two."

"If only Myles could join," Pete tapped his nails on the wall and sighed. "He's missing out on the fun."

I gave him a soft nod, regretting not telling Pete about Myles' death. He would eventually know, but not right now.

I pulled out my phone again and texted Kendall, informing her I'd meet her and Gunnar soon. I left the building and hopped on my bike, heading to the agency as I had twenty-two hours before they met up with Eva. Hopefully, this plan will work. I never doubt Pete's expertise because it's flawless, but Eva is no ordinary woman. I need to calculate the success rate before the plan fails.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...
201K 1.3K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK THREE * While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) and book two (Alpha Theo)...
1.3M 13.1K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...