Shot Through The Heart (Kyoko...

By Hypernova_7

A quiet, stoic girl and a quiet, shy boy meet, what will happen? --------------------------------------- (Y/N... More

Chapter 1- Wake Up Get Up Get Out There
Chapter 2- New Beginnings
Chapter 3- First Day: Complete!
Chapter 4- Socializing N Stuff
Chapter 5- Late Night Outings
Chapter 6- The New Year's Party
Chapter 7- A Gift
Chapter 8- Swords And Archery
Chapter 9- Home
Chapter 10- Guys Hanging Out
Chapter 11- Let's Get It Started (Game Tournament Pt. 1)
Chapter 12- Getting Intense (Game Tournament Pt. 2)
Chapter 13- Something Unexpected (Game Tournament Final Part)
Chapter 15- Opening Up
Chapter 16- "Seriously, Is This A Heart Attack?"
Chapter 17- Signs Of Love
Chapter 18- A Deep Mentality
Chapter 19- Have Some Composure! Where Is Your Posture?!
Chapter 20- Tongue Tied (Slight Lime Warning)
Chapter 21- I'm So Happy I Could Go Supernova
Chapter 22- The Swatter, The Fly, And The Audacity Of This Guy
Chapter 23- Things Are Constantly Happening
Chapter 24- A Is For AaaAaAaAaaAa
Chapter 25- A Lovely Night
Chapter 26- So, Anyways
Chapter 27- Back Here Again
Chapter 28- A Token Of Gradituite
Chapter 29- It's Time To D-D-D-D-Duel!
Chapter 30- Our Soft Epilogue

Chapter 14- Aftermath And More Video Games

739 17 10
By Hypernova_7

It was literally a few minutes after the game tournament, and as per usual I was at the usual spot I was always at.

"Am I the only one who has really sore hands right now after the game tournament?" Makoto asks while opening and closing his hands.

"Nope, my hands are hella sore" I say while cracking my knuckles, which holy shit, really was cracking.

Yeah... I'll definitely feel that one in the morning...

"I mean, yeah, makes sense why you would feel pain, Y/N. You literally won against the Ultimate Gamer herself!" Hina said, practically shouting.

"I don't know if I really won not gonna lie" I say looking off to the side, my gaze away from everyone else.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Hina asks.

"I mean... I was close to losing and I just used a final smash so I wouldn't" I say looking back at everyone.

"But that's what others did, heck, even I did it at one point!" Hina said trying to reassure me.

"I know, but it didn't really feel right to me" I say with a shrug.

I can't explain why but for some reason it really didn't.

And also because of the fact I've been gaining a lot of attention for my 'win' 

I wasn't used to being 'popular' like this in school, so to be honest it felt kinda weird.

While I was thinking to myself, I noticed Makoto and Hina trying to figure out what to say to me about my last comment.

Because of that awkward silence, I spoke up.

"Actually, nevermind , forget everything I just said. Yeah, I guess that would be the reason as to why my hands hurt" I say with a shrug, and also trying to change the subject back to what we were originally talking about.

"Hey, Kyoko, you said you weren't really fond of video games, did you end up enjoying the tournament" Hina asked while turning to Kyoko.

"I suppose it was pretty fun, I don't really get that much free time because of my detective work, so I've never really played any video games" Kyoko said with a slight smile while closing her eyes.

That's... Actually pretty sad to think about.

We're all high schoolers, we're supposed to enjoy our youth, as they say, and have fun, but Kyoko just needs to do work.

I don't know why, but I just got a sudden urge to introduce her to more video games.

"You did pretty good for your first time though!" Makoto said with a smile.

"Yeah, I agree, you did good" I say pointing to Makoto with my thumb, also smiling.

"Hey, speaking of games and stuff" Makoto said.

"I was thinking about it while Y/N was versing Chiaki at the tournament and he chose Joker as his character. But doesn't Junko kinda look like Ann from Persona 5 a little?" Makoto asks.

"Holy shit, you're right" I say suprised.

"I guess in a way they are kind of like each other in a way, their both into fashion and stuff, although I'm pretty sure Ann isn't as despair obsessed as Junko is" I say.

After that, we started talking more about video games and Persona, which eventually turned into Makoto and I, well, mostly Makoto, kin assigning us all Persona characters.

And I, of course, ended up being kin assigned Yukari from the 3rd game.

Eventually, our conversation ended as class was starting soon.

*Timeskip*

It was a few hours after class had ended, I was on my phone listening to music, as usual, while browsing on my phone, when I got a text from an unknown number on my phone.

Unknown: Hello?

I open up the notification and debate on whether or not I should reply.

That's when I see the unknown number type out another response.

ChiakiNanami: It's Chiaki

ChiakiNanami: This is Y/N, right?

I take a sigh of relief upon reading that message.

Honestly, I've played a ton of MysticMessenger to know that a text from an unknown number that starts with 'Hello?' is usually never a good sign.

Y/N_L/N: Yeah, it is

Y/N_L/N: Uh, how did you get my number?

ChiakiNanami: I asked Hina

Oh.

ChiakiNanami: I've been kind of looking for another person to play video games with, and I thought you'd be the best person

Oh, ok, sounds fun.

Y/N_L/N: Oh uh sure, when?

ChiakiNanami: Would now be good?

Wh- Ok, not what I was expecting but sure.

Welp, RIP to my hands.

Y/N_L/N: Sure, alright then

ChiakiNanami: Great, see you then

I pause the music I was listening to, put my phone in my pocket and put my headphones to dangle around my neck.

I then get up from my bed, grab my keys and stuff, then headed out the door.

Then I pause.

Shit, I probably should've asked where her dorm was first.

Well, fuck, guess I'll have to find it.

And wanna know the best part? 

My dorm was LITERALLY right in the middle of all the dorms.

Ok, I'm just gonna go left.

Luckily, that seemed to be the right choice as I saw her dorm room.

I knock on the door and from the other side I hear a 'come in'.

We exchange hello's and stuff and I couldn't help but notice:

"Woah, that's a lot of consoles" I say in amazement.

And games too, holy shit.

"Yeah, I got these all over the years, basically collecting them" She said with a smile.

"Oh wow" I say.

"So, what game do you wanna play?" She asked.

"Uh, I don't know, you can pick" 

Because honestly, she had a shit ton of games, AND consoles with that too.

"Ok then"

She then walks over to her desk and I see her picking out a game.

"How about this game on the Wii" She turns around and I see her holding a copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I nod.

I had to literally try to hold back the excitement that was going through me right now because of nostalgia, as I remembered the days where Eito and I were kids and I'd go to his house to play Kirby games with him.

One of my memories was going over to his house and binging the full six-seven hours of this game.

Good times, good times.

"Great" She said with that same smile.

I walk over to one of the chairs that were near the TV on some stand and I take one of the Wii remotes.

We start up the game and just by the title screen alone I could feel the nostalgia coming back.

For old time's sake, I choose to play as Prince Fluff.

We finished the whole tutorial stage and we were now doing a level.

As we were doing that.

"It feels like you've played this game before and have some nostalgia for it" Chiaki says to me.

"Yeah, I do actually" I say smiling to myself.

"My best friend and I once binged this entire game when we were younger" I say while reminiscing, of course not to the point I'd mess us both up. 

"That sounds nice" She said smiling.

"Yeah" I respond.

We do the first boss, which then eventually leads us to the final boss after a few levels and stuff.

Which means, holy shit we finished the game.

Chiaki and I, after a while of talking to each other about video games and other stuff, end our conversation so I could go to sleep.

Because it was literally almost 12AM in the morning and, one, I was tired as hell, and two, my hands hurt... Like hell.

Turning off the lights, and putting my stuff away, I got to sleep.

(A/N) Hey everyone, thank you for reading Chapter 14 of this book, I know I mentioned in the last chapter I'd try to update this book once or twice a week, but I ended up having slight writer's block, so I'm really sorry about that, I'll try to update for real this time. But anyways, that's all I have to say for now, I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 1.3K 15
UNFINISHED!! I got very uninspired LMAO One unsuspecting day, (y/n) is forcefully thrown into a killing game with sixteen other ultimate high school...
181K 5.9K 107
"Apparently I'm not good enough for her!" "Bullshit! She fucking loves you and you go do the one thing you promised you wouldn't do! Hurt her!" "Beca...
345K 7.5K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...
32.7K 903 35
"Heyyy! Pay attention to me!" The purple haired troublemaker exclaimed, tugging your arm away from the taller boy next to you. "Don't go hogging (Y/N...