Ashes - Resident Evil 7 [Etha...

By Yuuki241

You were sent on an undercover mission to infiltrate The Connections and gather whatever Intel you could get... More

Character Info: (Y/N) Winters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Epilogue

Chapter 7

896 33 1
By Yuuki241

The room was pitch black, you'd have to use a light to even see anything in there. So of course you and Ethan turned on the lights you had with your small flashlights. Inside the room, you'd have to guess it was pretty much a child's room, further search revealed more of that mold all over the place as you and Ethan continued onwards.

'In three years it's gotten this bad? Oh god...does anyone know about this?' You thought.

In another room, the entire place was covered in mold, but that's not exactly what got you...it was much too quiet around there and no sight of the molded did either of you see just yet. Which to you meant that something must either be watching you or waiting on your next move in some part of this area of the house.

"It's too quiet." You whispered.
"Yeah...I don't know if I like it or not." Ethan whispered back.

Not too long after that however there was the sound of something falling, quickly pointing your guns up it was just two baby dolls that fell, pushing forwards Ethan read a note that stated something wrong with someone he wasn't sure who but either way he had to ignore that for now and continue to find the cure with his wife so he could get her home safely.

Entering the third room, however, didn't go well at first since once inside and walking a few feet their flashlights began to flicker then for the moment went out until they heard a young girl's voice.

"Stay away." She warned.

You froze for a moment as you realized the little girl was nearby, you weren't exactly afraid of it since even if you didn't have your memories just yet but your mind and body seemed to remember your training and all you've been through up until now. Though the only mind block you had were those memories you had over the years of your career.

Not long after the little girl's voice, your flashlights were back on, this had Ethan place a hand on your back and give it a comforting pat, you smiled to yourself since Ethan wouldn't be able to see it yet. Ahh, it was just like him to be worried about how you were or anything about you.

He's such a kind and wonderful husband...

"Let's keep moving." You whispered.
"Alright." Ethan agreed.

Walking forwards again you and Ethan carefully turned the corner and looked down the small hall that lead to a door, further in the room revealed that there was a bed. Now, this puzzled you a little bit...why was there a bed here in the middle of the room wherein another room was a child's room? Well either way you didn't have time to question it since the Bakers who were still alive could be anywhere.

And honestly, you weren't wanting to stick around to see how Lucas would react when he realizes you had escaped. That man was a crazy lunatic!

Looking more around the place it was revealed that there was a small entryway into the wall, both you and Ethan crawled your way through where Ethan quickly realized that this must've been that 'alter' that Margarette was so damn protective of considering there was the D-Series Arm.

"Aww shit...it's the D-Series Arm," Ethan commented.
"The what now?" You asked.
"In order to cure you and Zoe, we'll need the D-Series Head and Arm," Ethan explained.
"Fuck sakes...that's messed up...." You muttered.
"Yeah, but don't worry. I'll d whatever it takes to get you out of here and back home safely." Ethan explained hand on your shoulder.

You smiled softly and nodded your head, after that little short moment between the two of you Ethan took a few steps forward and slowly pulled the arm away from the body. When he turned around he noticed your attention was on something else, and once his eyes moved to look he saw some child legs at the entrance from the hidden door in the wall.

Only when you both approached the exit did they runoff.

'She's here...oh no. Soon I'll be taken over again!' You thought now growing worried.

You had to get out of there and away from Ethan so you couldn't hurt him anymore...but how? He wouldn't be letting you go off on your own at this point. Course not he had just gotten you back after watching Lucas grab you.

Quickly leaving there proved to be a bit of a problem but with the combined efforts of you and your husband unloading on any molded that appeared before the two of you it seemed to be much easier considering you for some reason Ethan looked like you knew what you were doing when it came to shooting these monsters.

'How is she so calm around these things? I mean yeah sure three years of being trapped here she could be used to them by now but is there more to this? What else is she not telling me?' Ethan thought.

Obviously, Ethan didn't realize that his wife was a BSAA agent that fought these things on a daily basis but even so he was impressed with how calm you were with reacting to these things compared to his as he kept getting shocked or even afraid at any sight of them all. Much less the forms the Bakers seemed to have taken in each encounter.

Getting the hell out of there and closing the door behind them both of you, it looked like this was a chance to take a quick breather. Leaning upon the wall behind you trying to get your breathing under control Ethan quickly decided to check your wounded shoulder where it was bitten. He hoped so much that it wouldn't get infected and by the time you two got out there and had received help you could get proper medical attention.

"How is-" Ethan asked.
"It's fine, it hurt worse than it looked. Now it's just numb I guess you could say." You replied interrupting him.
"Alright, I'm sorry I don't get more supplies to give you proper medical attention but I promise when we get out of here I'll make sure you get some," Ethan explained.
"I know you will. You are always taking care of me." You replied with a small smile.
"We take care of each other babe." Ethan smiled.

You chuckled a bit and nodded your head, and with that quick warm moment Ethan lead the way out once more but both were interrupted by a call from Zoe herself.

"Did you find it?" Zoe asked.
"Yeah, I got it. Or well we got it. I also found (Y/N). But are we really gonna be able to make a serum with this thing?" Ethan replied.
"It'll be fine. After we make it, we can get out of here together. I'll be waiting for you both at the trailer" Zoe tells him.

After that she hung up, well now it was off to the trailer hopefully Zoe would be there cause you had a funny feeling that your escape would anger Lucas and get to you (considering you were now somewhat close with Zoe) he'd try to get to you with using his sister as he had tried a few times when you and Zoe previously in the past tried your hardest to get out of there yourselves.

Heading back to the trailer proved to be much easier since there wasn't anyone around, not even the molded but as soon as you and Ethan arrived Zoe wasn't anywhere to be found. Your gut feeling must've been correct that Zoe was in the hands of Lucas now cause not long after the phone within the trailer rang.

...it was Lucas himself.

"Hey, buddy! I thought you should know. I decided that Zoe needed a time-out. She is here with me, and soon that little bitch of a wife of yours will be too. And they'll keep each other company soon enough." Lucas told him over the phone.
"Just let her go! What do you need them for?! And don't you even dare lay another finger on my wife!" Ethan shouted not liking how this guy spoke about you.
"That's family business, Ethan, and not your concern, understand? Now, if you want the head, feel free to come on by anytime. I'll give it to ya! But only if you participate in a little...activity I've put together just for you two~." Lucas explained.
"What activity?" Ethan asked.
"Oh, I know your excited, but don't worry. It's not going anywhere. The first step I need you to take, partner, is for you to take a peek inside the fridge inside the trailer there." Lucas says.
"Fuck You!" Ethan replied annoyed.
"Oh, come on now, don't be like that. You wanna have some fun, don't ya? Now, look in the fridge!" Lucas says getting more demanding at the end before hanging up the phone.

Ethan for the moment looked at the phone in his hand as the dial tone rang through, not long after he hung up the phone as well and nodded at you towards the fridge. Sighing you slowly opened it only to step back in disgust as the head of a cop was in there but to you, it looked like he mutated a bit while in death but didn't change into the molded completely.

'Oh god...poor cop.' You thought.

With not much of a choice after reading the note both you and Ethan carefully but quickly went back inside the main house and searched for whatever Lucas decided to leave behind for the both of you, fighting off molded after molded you realized you were slowly losing more bullets and would be out of them rather soon. You just hoped to find some supplies around to make some extra ones or you'd be in trouble for the time being.

What weirded you out was that in a certain room or so there would be an old woman sitting in a wheelchair and once 'alone' again Ethan commented to you that he's seen this old woman around the place in odd places where access with a wheelchair shouldn't be possible without help...and well since Jack and Maragette were thought to be dead this was...unsettling to say the least...was this Lucas's doing now or someone else?

Getting to the place where Lucas had left whatever the hell you two needed to get the right things to get to Zoe it was revealed that the cops body as well...waiting for you both in a room that Ethan was rather familiar with and on a wooden sign was a message to Ethan of what to do.

'Prove your a real man stick your hand down this pig's throat!'

How disturbing and just outright disrespecting to the dead...oh god, Ethan didn't want to even do that but with no other choice he reluctantly but slowly pushed his hand through the body of the cop. Everything just felt so damn gross as it was wet and just disgusting as Ethan shivered at just doing this in general. You on the other hand turned your face away unable to even watch this even if you had a feeling you went through worse situations than this or even the same should it be.

Not long after Ethan had pulled out a key that had a snake on it, with this both of you were gonna be able to now access the doors for the snake doors. Not long after Lucas spoke through the intercom that the room seemed to have...so the bastard was watching them this whole time huh? Damnit you needed to be extra careful and keep your guard up should Lucas decide when and where to attack and grab you.

'I can't let him separate us...but even so Lucas does that the element of surprise when he really wants to. He's very dangerous.' You thought.

On the way back even more molded decided to come around, but you and Ethan both decided not to waste any more bullets for now and just booked it out of there using the snake key for the first time and shutting the door behind you once inside, Ethan grabbed your hand and pulled you along with him as the both of you quickly made your way out of the basement without much of trouble thankfully.

Once out of there Ethan gently let go of your hand and for a split moment, the two of you took another quick breather, silently looking at one another you both nodded at the same time and continued onwards. You though however followed after Ethan as he lead the way to the snake doors for you both to find the cards you'd need to get through to where Zoe was being held.

'Knowing Lucas thought there must be another way inside that place since he'll be after me of course.' You thought.

The first room you and Ethan went into was the room on the second floor on the other side, inside was of course yet another bedroom but now the old woman was there...how she got inside a locked room was beyond you since you remembered that there was only one key that the family always had for these locks...though with how crafty Lucas is he could've made another if he wanted.

Searching the area there was a clock that had a note attached to it that read the time to place on this small one must match the clock of the ones inside the home. Ethan briefly remembered what the times were on one of them and tried it out, which proved to be the correct choice as the bed began to slowly move to the side as the clock rang off.

"What's with this family and their puzzles?" Ethan asked.
"Who knows really, feels like I've been dealing with things like this for years." You sighed.

Oh, how ironic that was.

Once you both were inside the rather small walk space the bed up top slowly began to slide back into place effectively locking you both down there, well with not many other places to escape you both were pretty much forced to continue moving forward. But what awaited the both of you was even worse.

You weren't even sure how the hell to distribute it but the mould was incased everywhere and animal parts were strung up along with saws all over the place, and don't even ask about the smell it stunk so bad that you covered your nose and mouth with your hand as your eyes began to water slightly with how bad the place smelt.

"Ethan please let's get out of here!" You grunted out.
"Yeah, let's go," Ethan replied grabbing the red key card quickly.

Both of you quickly filed out of that room taking deep breaths of air after the door was shut, it took a while until you and Ethan both realized you were once again back in the basement...quickly as fast as both of you could you ran off to get out of there after dealing with only one rather advanced molded then ran off together to the other snake door to hopefully find the second key card.

'I sure hope Zoe is okay...' You thought.

Over the past three years that you were here you and Zoe actually did develop a friendship. Zoe never blamed you for this as when she did some research she realized you were someone who was trying to prevent stuff like this from happening but this was beyond your control with just one person.

Ethan once again lead you to the snake door where he found it from his previous visits to this place when he was searching for you before, only this time the place was worse than before as it was slowly being consumed by the molded at a rapid pace. Once inside it looked to be like Lucas's room with the trophies and stuff inside of it pretty much confirming it.

Looking around the place you and Ethan had found a button attached to an old trophy that now looked like a lamp now, pressing it unlocked a ladder to the attic, you muttered to yourself on what room had such a thing since you were more used to seeing an attic in like a second-floor hallway in the ceiling. Climbing up the ladder there was a shadow puzzle again which once finished opened up the small dollhouse that held the second key card you both needed.

Knowing you'd both need to head back, once down the ladder however Ethan found a tape on the way out, but before they could wonder what was on it they arrived at the main hall where the phone began to ring once more...of course, it was Lucas again.

"Hey, buddy! Remember, those two key cards will get you into the party. Don't be late now! Oh! And don't you worry soon I'll be coming for that pretty little wife of yours as well so she could enjoy it with us!" Lucas told him.
"I'll never let you touch (y/n)!" Ethan shouted.
"No no no, you gotta show up first! You haven't forgotten where the party is, have you? And don't worry! I won't hurt her...much! You two can get in from the courtyard. So come on, man! Everybody's waiting for you two!" Lucas says then hung up.

Ethan looked at the phone for a moment before hanging up and looking back at you over his shoulder...he'd never let Lucas get his hands on you...never.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 171 14
"Ethan...?" You couldn't find him anywhere in this giant house. You just hoped he was alive and okay. Taken place in 2017, the Dulvey, Louisiana inci...
202K 3.5K 60
ONE SHOTS...... and preferences....maybe because I need a life...
20.3K 629 13
{𝐊𝐚𝐫π₯ π‡πžπ’π¬πžπ§π›πžπ«π  𝐱 π…πžπ¦!π‘πžπšππžπ«} 𝙄𝙉 π™’π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™ƒ, an unlikely couple goes through the trials of being opposites while fighting...
104K 3.2K 46
READ THIS BEFORE READING!!! Is this game even relevant any more I still love it lmao. The context is that you are Ethan and Mia Winters' eldest daugh...