Anomaly

By AMAC45

An anomaly is defined as something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected. This is the stor... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58

36

1.3K 65 0
By AMAC45

Aspen's POV

"CAN YOU BLOCK?" I shout as I look at my o-line. "I'VE BEEN SACKED 9 FUCKING TIMES TODAY CAUSE YOU MOTHER FUCKERS CAN'T BLOCK."

I hate my linemen right now.

We're tied 28-28 with the Bengals with about two minutes to go in the fourth quarter.

"FIX UP." I shout then I walk back down to my end of the bench.

Once at my end of the bench, I sit down next to Will and Dak.

"If we fucking lose because of them I'm gonna be pissed." I say then I watch the Bengals's drive.

I hope we spend some draft picks on line-men.

"Fuck." I mumble when the Bengals's score with a minute left.

After the Bengals's score, I grab my helmet then stand up and walk to the end of the bench.

"Let's go Asp." One of my linemen says then I follow my teammates onto the field and into the huddle.

"We have no time outs left." I say as I look at the receivers and Zeke. "So get what yards you can then get outta bounds."

The receivers and Zeke nod so I call the play then we all break the huddle and get to our positions.

Once I'm in my position, which is in the shotgun, I look over the defense.

"Green 17." I say as I survey the defense. "Green 17 set hut."

When I say hut, my center snaps the ball to me, then I survey the field.

A second later I see Amari is gonna be open so I throw the ball ahead of him.

Moments later the ball arrives in Amari's hands then he keeps running his post route for a few more yards and gets out of bounds at our 49 yard line.

Once Amari steps out of bounds, the linemen and I jog up to the 49 yard line.

"COMET." I shout then everyone gets in position. "COMET."

Comet is one of our audible calls for one of our pass play.

Once I'm in my position, which is in the shotgun again, and everyone else is in their positions, I look over the defense.

"KILL KILL KILL." I shout.

Comet definitely isn't gonna work.

"SATELLITE." I shout then everyone adjusts their positions. "SATELLITE."

Once everyone is in their new positions, I survey the defense.

"Blue 52." I say as I survey the defense. "Blue 52 set hut."

When I say hut, my center snaps the ball to me, then I survey the field.

Just like I planned, CeeDee beats his defender off the line so I throw him the ball then my favorite wide receiver runs down the field.

Right before he's tackled, CeeDee runs out of bounds at the Bengals 35 yard line then I walk down field.

As I'm walking to the new line of scrimmage, I look up at the clock and see we only have 25 seconds left.

"QUASAR." I shout then everyone gets in position. "QUASAR."

Once I'm in my position and everyone else is in their positions, I look over the defense.

"Blue 52." I say as I survey the defense. "Blue 52 set hut."

When I say hut, my center snaps the ball to me, then I survey the field.

A few seconds later I see Blake Jarwin, my tight end, running free along the seam so I throw the ball down field to him

Seconds later the ball falls into Blake's hand then he runs towards the end zone.

Close to the goal line, one of the Bengals tackles Blake which causes my teammates and I to run to the new line of scrimmage.

"MOON." I shout as I notice we have less than fifteen seconds left then everyone gets in position. "MOON."

Once I'm in my position and everyone else is in their positions, I look over the defense.

"Blue 52." I say as I survey the defense. "Blue 52 set hut."

When I say hut, my center snaps the ball to me, then I wait for someone to get open.

As I'm waiting, I notice one of the Bengals linemen get free and start running towards me so I scramble out of the pocket while continuing to look for an option.

Seeing nobody open, I sprint towards the corner of the end zone.

As I'm approaching the goal line, I notice a bunch of Bengals coming towards me so I lower my shoulder then I jump towards the end zone.

While I'm in the air, I get slammed into which causes me to go spinning then I land on the ground.

After I land on the ground, I turn my head and see the ref signaling a touch down meaning we're only down one point.

"YEAH ASP." CeeDee says then he helps me up.

"We're going for one right?" I ask as I stand up.

"Yeah." CeeDee says.

"Sweet." I say then I do my usual Black Panther X celebration before I celebrate with my teammates.

After we celebrate, my teammates and I walk to the sideline while the field goal unit jogs onto the field.

"That dude hits hard." I say as I take off my helmet and put it on the little post thing behind the bench that it sits on then I grab some gatorade from the table next to it.

"Oh thank fuck." Coach Doug says. "We're going to OT."

Guess our kicker made the kick to bring the score to 35-35.

"Sweet." I say.

"ASPEN COIN TOSS." I hear someone say.

"Okay." I say then I walk out onto the field for the overtime coin toss.

Once on the field, I walk to midfield where I meet with the ref and the Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow then the head ref does another spiel but this time it's about the overtime.

I hate the overtime rules.

"Dallas you are still the away team." The ref says. "What would you like to call?"

"Heads." I say then the ref flips the coin.

"It is heads." The ref says causing the Cowboys fans to erupt then he looks at me. "What would you like to do?"

"I want the ball." I say then I look at Burrow. "We're gonna win the super bowl."

After I talk my shit, I turn around and walk back to the sideline.

Once on the sideline I head to the bench, grab my helmet, then I go wait at the end of the bench with Micah and CeeDee.

"You two ready to be Super Bowl champs?" CeeDee asks.

"Yep." Micah and I say as the Bengals kick off.

The kick off goes out of the end zone for a touch back so CeeDee and I put on our helmets and jog onto the field.

Once on the field, my favorite wide receiver and I join the huddle.

"Alright people." I say. "Let's go with Supernova."

Super nova is a passing play where all the receivers run to the middle of the field then they explode in all different directions.

Everyone nods then we all break the huddle and get to our positions.

Once I'm in my position, which is in the shotgun, I look over the defense.

"WE'RE GONNA WIN THE SUPER BOWL." I shout as I survey the defense. "WE'RE GONNA WIN THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL SET HUT."

When I say hut, my center snaps the ball to me, then I survey the field.

Just like we practiced, all of the receivers and Zeke run to the middle of the field then they all sprint in different directions.

CeeDee gets away from his defender first so I launch the ball downfield to him.

The OU alum easily runs under the ball then he sprints to the end zone.

"YEAH." I shout as I sprint downfield after my friend.

As I cross the fifty, CeeDee runs into the end zone meaning we're Super Bowl Champs.

A couple seconds later I get to my friend so I jump on his back then we're swarmed by our teammates while the photographers surround us and take pictures.

After I celebrate with my teammates, my helmet gets taken by one of the equipment people then myself, CeeDee, Micah, Zeke, Dak, and a few of the coaches get led up onto the podium for the trophy ceremony thing.

Once I'm on the podium, I wait with my teammates as the NFL puts on that slow ass trophy walk.

"Here Aspen." One of the people from the team says then I get handed a shirt and a hat.

"Thanks." I say then I put on the hat.

I don't wanna stretch out the shirt that has the Cowboys logo along with Super Bowl 56 Champs.

Eventually the trophy gets to the podium so I wait around while the NBC people talk to Jerry Jones and Coach Mike for a couple minutes.

"And now for your Super Bowl MVP." The NBC interviewer says. "Cowboys fans give it up for Aspen Heath."

The Cowboys fans cheer as I walk to the interviewer then I pick up the Lombardi trophy.

"Super Bowl Champ." The NBC interviewer says. "How does that feel."

"Pretty fucking cool." I say.

"We're live you know?" The NBC interviewer says.

"Who gives a fuck?" I say. "We just won the Super Bowl."

For some reason the crowd roar at what I said then the NBC interviewer quickly interviews me.

After my interview, the broadcast coverage ends so I grab the Lombardi trophy then myself, CeeDee, Micah, Zeke, and Dak leave the podium and bring the trophy down to our teammates.

Once we're with our teammates, we pass the trophy around and take pictures together with the people we want pictures with.

I take pictures with everyone of my teammates which I'm more than happy to do then I get handed the trophy.

"ASPY." I hear my favorite voices in the world shout so I turn around then see my girlfriends runnin at me while the rest of my friends walk behind them while carrying the kids.

I smile at my girlfriends as they get to me then they leap onto me.

"Hi My babies." I say with a smile.

"Hi Super Bowl Champ." Emma and Jessie say then I kiss my girls.

After I kiss my girls, I set them down then I kiss them again.

"I love you." I say as I hug my girlfriends.

"Love you too." Emma and Jessie say.

"Ooh." Jessie says as she grabs and holds up my Super Bowl champ shirt. "This is gonna make a great sleep shirt."

"What if I wanna keep it for me?" I ask.

"Because if I wear it at night, you and Sharky get to take it off me." Jessie says.

"Sold." Emma and I say.

"Exactly." Jessie says with a smirk then I take off my pads.

"That's better." I say once my shoulder pads are off.

"Strong Astro." Emma says as she squeezes my bicep.

I chuckle at my girlfriend then I see my three favorite little people running over.

"Babies." I say as I squat to the ground then my kids run into my arms.

"Mama won." Kingsley says.

"I did Bubba." I say with a smile then my girlfriends squat down with me as our kids look at themselves in the trophy.

"Aww." I hear my Mom say.

I involuntarily smile then I stand up with the trophy and approach my parents.

When I get to my parents, they bring me into their arms and hug me.

"I did it." I mumble.

"Yes you did Baby." My Dad says. "Yes you did."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Journey By Alex

Fanfiction

131K 4.7K 78
Everyone has a story Everyone has trials Everyone has tribulations Everyone has a Journey Welcome to mine
499K 15.5K 151
Michelle Martins is a sports prodigy. She knew almost every sport and flourished at all of it, but she especially flourished at Soccer. Every team w...
4.1K 1.2K 46
When Efe overhears an outrageous conversation between her mother and nurse after six years of being hospitalized, without memories, she is forced to...
128K 2.5K 36
Alex lives in a foster home. Her mother died when there was fire in the house and her father died in a plane crash. Her brother is the only one left...