10

Aspen's POV

"Ready to go Shadow?" I ask as I turn the car off after parking at the UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Shadow yips so I grab the breakfast I got for Jessie, our kids, and I then Shadow and I head back into the hospital.

Once we're in the hospital, Shadow and I walk back to the waiting room where everyone is.

"Mama." Apollo says as I enter the room.

It's now Friday morning and earlier my Mom and Jessie's Mom brought the kids back from my house.

"Hi Baby." I say as I approach my Canadian girlfriend and the kids. "I brought breakfast.

"Yay." Hazel, Kingsley, and Apollo cheer then I set the food and drinks down.

Once the food and drinks are set down, I sit down in-between Jessie and my son then all of us eat our food.

"Do you have to go into the training facility today Aspen?" My Dad ask.

"No." I say. "I've been excused from today's activities so I don't have to be back until Tuesday."

"Cool." My Dad says.

"But if you're offering a massage later to help my muscles then I'll gladly take one."

"I think we can make that happen Baby." My dad says.

"Yay." I say with a smile.

"Dork." Jessie says then I stick my tongue out at her.

Jessie giggles then we go back to eating our breakfast.

Once we finish breakfast, my midfielder and I clean our trash and our kids' trash up then we clean our kids' faces up.

Syrup and little kids is not a good mix.

"Family of Emma Harris?" I hear a man say behind me causing Jessie and I to spin around.

"Yes." My girlfriend and I say.

Once the man knows this is the right place, he sits down with everyone and talks about Emma's surgery and all that surrounds it.

"So she's gonna be okay?" I ask at the end of the doctors spiel.

"She's gonna make a full recovery." The black doctor says. "And I have no doubt she'll be back on the field playing."

"How the?" Someone mumbles

"I Prefer your type of football." The doctor says as he looks at the footballers from Lone Star United and Atlético Los Angeles.

Both teams haven't left the hospital.

"No offense." The doctor says as he looks at me.

"None taken." I say.

"We're getting her situated in a room right now then a nurse will be by to get two of you to see her." The doctor says.

Everyone nods then we all watch him leave.

Once the big, muscular doctor leaves, Jessie launches herself into my arms.

"She's safe Freckles." I whisper as I rub my baby's back. "She's safe."

Jessie cries a little bit as I play with her hair then the two of us scoop up our kids.

"Emmy okay?" Apollo asks.

"Mama?" Hazel asks.

"Mama's fine baby." Jessie says. "Aspy and I are gonna go see her in a few minutes then we'll bring you three back with us."

The kids nod then they go play with Charlie, Kimora, Jackie, Kyra, and Jordyn.

"Are Jessie and Aspen here?" I hear a feminine voice say.

"Yes." My girlfriend and I say in unison.

"You two ready?" The nurse asks.

Jessie and I nod then we get up and follow her through the hospital.

Eventually we get to a room then we're let inside.

"EMMA." Jessie and I shout then we run to our keeper and smother her face in kisses.

After we kiss Emma's face, I step back and let Jessie kiss Emma.

Once Emma and Jessie break their kiss, the taller of my girlfriends looks at me.

"This isn't the way I wanted it to happen, but if you don't get your fine ass over her and kiss me for the first time as my girlfriend, I'm gonna be very mad at you." Emma says then she pouts.

I smile at my baby then I walk over to the most beautiful keeper in the world.

When I get to Emma, I lean down, cup her face, then I kiss her for the first time as my girlfriend.

"Hi Emmy." I whisper against my keepers lips.

"Hi Aspy." Emma says with a smile making me feel all fuzzy inside.

I smile at Emma then I smack her forehead.

"Hey." Emma says then she pouts.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." I say.

Emma sadly smiles at me then she opens her arms so Jessie and I quickly join our keeper on the bed and snuggle with her.

"I didn't mean to scare you two." Emma says causing me to sigh.

"It's not your fault." I say. "We just don't wanna lose you."

"I'm not going anywhere my babies." Emma says then she kisses Jessie and I's head.

After Emma kisses our heads, Jessie and I look at each other for a minute, then my Canadian girlfriend and I kiss for the first time.

"Damn that's hot." Emma mumbles causing Jessie and I to chuckle into our kiss.

After Jessie and I kiss, we look at our girl and I think both of us can see she's fighting off the remnants of the anesthesia.

"Get some sleep Sharky." Jessie says.

"We'll be here when you wake up." I say.

Emma sleepily nods then she quickly falls asleep.

Once Emma's asleep, Jessie and I get out of the bed then we sit down in the two chairs next to Emma's bed.

"I'll text the people in the waiting room and tell them to all go shower, change, and get some food." Jessie says.

I nod then Jessie does what she says.

After Jessie texts our friends and family, I pick her up and sit her on my lap then I wrap my arms around her.

"Much better." I say.

Jessie smiles at me then she softly kisses me.

After Jessie and I kiss, my beautiful girlfriend stares into my eyes.

"What's wrong baby?" Jessie asks.

"I have a game next Sunday in LA." I say.

"You're going." Jessie says. "You know Emma would forever blame herself if she was the reason you didn't go."

"You think I should?"

"Astro." Jessie says. "I promise you she's in good hands and nothing bad will happen when you leave."

"Okay." I mumble then I sniffle a bit. "I don't wanna lose her."

"We'll never lose her baby." Jessie says. "We'll never lose her."