The Band Next Door

By TEEwaitforitHEE

Meet six normal girls...finding their way through life. As if it wasn't already way TOO complected, guess wha... More

Chapter 01 - Butterflies.
Chapter 02 - The Fall and All
Chapter 03 - Somebody Save Me!
Chapter 04 - Nightmare (PART 1)
Chapter 04 - Nightmare (PART 2)
Chapter 05 - (Christmas Special)
Chapter 06 - Cupcakes.
Chapter 07 - Bowling and bawling.
Chapter 08 - Community service.
Chapter 09 - Problem?
Chapter 10 - Drummer boy
Author's note.
Chapter 12 - More like "Drummer GIRL" (PART 1)
Chapter 12 - More like "Drummer GIRL" (PART 2)
Chapter 12 - More like "Drummer GIRL" (PART 3)
Author's note : THE CHARACTERS!
Chapter 14 - A little too much to drink.
Chapter 15 - We surely cant handle our alcohol.
Chapter 16 - The hangover.
Chapter 17 - Consequences afterwards.
Chapter 18 - Heartbreaks and Mistakes.
Chapter 19 -
Chapter 20 - Too many guys!
Chapter 21
Chapter 21 (Part 2)
Chapter 22~ (too lazy to name the chapters now)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 ;)
Chapter 26
Chap 27 (Muti-POVs)
Chapter 28
Chapter-28 cont...
Chapter 29
THE (not so) LONG AWAITED A/N
CHAPTER TEEES. (Thirty)
**CONTEST**
CHAPTER 31!
Chapter 32 (:
Chapter-32 (P*A*R*T*2 :D)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Rosalicious
Chapter 35: Major surprises!
Chapter 36

Chapter 11 - The Pact

788 41 18
By TEEwaitforitHEE

Sam's POV

I saw the white light and paced towards it. God, I'm coming. To the place of eternal peace and beauty. No trouble. Yes god.

Wait, don't go!

Before I knew I was running towards the light.

And...

And I banged my head against the wall.

What the hell?!

Confused? So is I. Damn! Now I'm hallucinating. I was in my office, yes the assistant of the music department gets one. Damn the super effin' famous band that has enrolled in our school. Seriously why couldn't they have gone anywhere else. And that too the year when I became the head assistant.

Hang it with the judgments people. No, if you think I'm a bitch I'm NOT. You can't really blame me. The whole effin' week has gone and I still don't have a drummer for the band. Seriously, I thought everybody is supposed to do something in a band. Then why the hell the additional members, eh? They could probably have hired somebody for the gig but it is a 'school' band. Dammit!

As I was rubbing my head with the back of my hand, I heard on the knock.

I was about to tell the person to come back later when the doorknob anyway turned. Huh, and here I was thinking that I have the authority to let someone in my office. Illusions people have, I tell ya'. (By the way I'm going lunatic here now since I've started speaking of myself in the third person.)

It was Ryan Ackerman. Followed by the guys I had been cussing just a few minutes back. Ryan was the head of the music department (remember, I'm the assistant head) and also one of the hottest guys to ever grace us with his face every day. Actually he's pretty chill too. Though today...let's just give the dude a break, eh? His normally genuine smile was plastered in a mixture of anguish and ferocity. Aw damn, I'm freaking dead now.

"Ms.Parker" he said, addressing me by my last name. SO dead.

"Ye-ah?" I asked, a little sceptically.

"Three days" he said and I knew what he meant.

"Yes sir. But-" I hurridly tried to come up with an excuse but was cut off.

"Sam, don't." Is all he said, emphasizing the fact with gesture of his hand. And then he was gone. Just like that, gone. I was left behind with the lads who seemed to be having an exchange of worried and comical looks.

"Not funny, I told Niall, who was busy showing off his teeth in all modest glory. The smile was rubbed off immediately and instead replaced with an expression an adolescent girl would carry if not given permission to party till late by her mom.

"Sam, don't", Louis said, mimicking Ackerman. This send the lads in fits of laughter and yes, I do admit that I also had a hard time trying to control my laughter. Even though I pretty much succeeded I still held a hint of smile which none of the boys missed.

"So...", Harry said, as his arm lazily fell around my shoulder. I impulsively threw his arm back and shot him daggers with my eyes.

"Whoa woman!" Harry said, mockingly. I saw Niall trying to control his laughter. And I swear that if stares could kill he would be SO dead.

"You're scary", Niall admitted as he scratched the back of his head. I heard Zayn laugh, shamelessly if I might add.

"Your turn", Louis said, kicking his leg. And I swear I saw Zayn gulp. I turned to see Harry expression and was pretty shocked to see him making comical expressions (wait, was that puffing up his cheeks with air and using his finger to stretch his eye. Very mature!)

I did not do anything. These guys were trouble.

I let out a sigh and went down to sit in my seat. I could feel 5 pairs of eyes staring at me.

I opened my MacBook and started typing an e-mail to the 4 drummers from our school who were a tad bit decent. Scratch that. They all were either guitarists or pianists who promised to learn drumming within 2 days. Well guess they were my only option left.

After feigning ignorance for what, 120 seconds, the staring business got unbearable.

"What?!" I finally asked and looked up to meet there gazes.

"Sam", Zayn said.

"Yeah?"

"You work TOO hard." Louis continued.

I gave him 'the look'. And this is when I realised that I might just be acting completely and totally pathetic. And for god's sake! They were just concerned, right? Well...let's just say that this guilt was washed away when I heard some noise. Like a pup licking something.

"Um...Sam, and...um..."Louis tried to say something but then just gestured towards the other side of the office.

Where

I

Confronted

Niall

Eating

MY

Ferrero Rochers!

Impulsively I got up and ran towards where he was. Damn that guy seemed to have no care at the moment.

"NIALL!" I shouted as I grabbed my already half eating box of chocolates.

Before I could be awaken to my senses, I was vigorously hitting him with my hands.

"Ouch!", he cried but I didn't give up. If there was something he couldn't touch then it was my chocolates. Now this was personal.

I could hear the lads laughter echoing through the walls but I didn't give a damn.

"Chill, Sam!", Harry said finally, coming to Mr Horan's aid. He pulled me back, with difficulty if I may add. I'm a tiny thing with a height of 5'2 and weight of 93 pounds but hey, cut this girl some slack. She's bloody strong when she wants to be (again third person).

Finally when the action was brought under control and I was seated on a chair did the most amazing thing happen. I can never forget those words.

"I found a drummer." Harry simply said. Only we all didn't take his words that simply.

"What?" I shouted.

"Where?" Louis shouted.

"How?" Zayn shouted.

"When?" Liam shouted.

"Why?" The last question was said by the great Niall. We all shot him daggers. Why could this guy ever NOT make sense is out of my reach.

Harry did not tell us who that secret drummer was since he had his own conditions. Well...condition one: giving him all the Ferrero Rochers. Niall and I exchanged sad glances but gave the half eaten box. Condition 2: adding his picture as my laptop wallpaper. Yes, he went there. He well...just wanted to prove that I was into him. Even though I wasn't, I still had to. Male effin' ego! Condition 3: abducting me!

***

"Go Tommy!", Liam said, taking a swig of his beer. Whoever said that he was the smart one of the group, kill em'. At the moment we were watching This Means War. Neither of us had watched the movie but all wanted to so we kinda rented it. Don't even get me started on people's reaction when the 1D boys entered the store.

It was actually a pretty funny movie. And I'll admit that I too was having fun. It was then that Harry stood up suddenly.

"What up, mate?" Zayn asked as he hungrily ate his bowl of popcorn.

"Samara...need to talk with you." Okay...awk-ward. Nobody addresses me by my full-name. As in not 'full' full, but you get it?

We went into the other room leaving the others to to exchange confused glances.

"Listen."

"Yeah?"

"I think I like one of your frineds."

"Yeah....."

"I want you to set me up with her."

"With who?"

"You'll get to know."

He was about to leave the room when I answered.

"Harry."

"Yes?"

"I need you to set me up with someone too." If you didn't realise it was Tanner.

"Who?"

"You'll get to know."

"So...it's a deal?" I asked.

"Deal." He was about to leave.

"Harry?"

This time he had a comical expression on his face.

"Yes Sam?"

"Pinky promise?"

He smiled at me, showing off his dimples. "Pinky promise."

He was again about to leave the room.

"And Harry?"

"Yes, Sam."

"Don't let the word out."

"Yes Sam."

***

"Now what dude?" Liam said when Harry got up again.

"I guess it is time to tell y'all who the secret drummer is." He said. and it seemed like time stood still.

"Who is it?" we all asked in unison.

"Nikita."

***

~~Nikita's POV~~

I spat out the toothpaste for the third time and rinsed my mouth.

'Time to go to bed!' I chanted to myself, looking at the time. '7:45' . I know it was abnormally early to go to bed, but hey! I was DEAD tired after all that english project work thing I'd been working on.

When I heard my phone burst into David Guetta's awesome beats and a picture of Tanner in which he was just about to sneeze flashed on the screen.

Why was he calling me when we were in the same house?

"Hey." I spoke as I hit the green button.

"Sam's apartment. Now." his voice urgent and hint of worry lined it.

"What happened? " I asked him carefully.

"Uhh, its the band thing, you just come here. Quick."

"Okay sure. I'll just get ready, sit in my car, and just drive there, cool." I said sarcastically. But maybe he didnt get me because he replied, "Okay, just hurry up" and cut the phone.

I mega-facepalmed and called him up again.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"I DONT FREAKING OWN A CAR!"

"Yeah.. right, uhh.." I could could visualise how he would definately be rubbing the back of his head right now.

"I just called Tori, and she says she's fine with it." I heard Niall call out from the other side of the phone.

"You can come with Tori." he told me.

"Okay, I'm coming. bye." I cut the phone with that and hit Tori's number on speed dial.

"Hey!" she spoke from the other side seeming to be in a abnormal mood. Was it happy? Or was it nervousness? Or was she pissed at me?

"Hi..?" I more like, asked her.

"Tell you later, I'm heading to Sam's apartment." she laughed nevously.

"Okaaayy.." I spoke stretching the word long and continued, "Im headed there too, so, I wanted a ride."

"Come downstairs in 10"

"Will come, and T?"

"Yeah?"

"You were right, I shouldn't've acted like that today." I admited.

"Im glad you realised." I heard her smile from the other end.

"Bye."

"And 10 mintes MEANS 10 minutes. Please dont take half an hour." She spoke up teasingly when I was just about to hang up.

"Shut up, I never take that long!" I replied to her, she laughed, and with that, I cut the phone.

I just changed my lowers into skinny jeans and wore a black hoodie on top of the blue top I was already in, and put on my usual black sneakers I wore everyday to school.

With my phone, and some cash of about $20, I headed downstairs, and locked the door behind me, since Aunt Sophie was gone out with her friends. ( She was still young and single, and had the right to enjoy! And since both of us were adults.. Well, I AM ALMOST 18! and you cant argue) .

I came out of my thoughts and sat in the passenger seat, and she started the car immideately.

We were quite for some time, and the silence was getting weirder by the second.

"You were telling me.." I spoke up first.

"Uhh.." she opened her mouth to speak when suddenly the car gave some jerks and suddenly came to a halt.

"Shit, shit, shit, SHIT! NO!" She cussed and tried to restart the car. The car would only make noises but wont actuctually start.

Both of us came out of the car to check what was wrong with it.

"It wont be fixed without a mechanic." Tori frowned while she checked the engine. I just nodded because I had no idea what so ever about car engines.

"Should we call for help?" I asked.

"Yeah, call Sam." She said, fiddling with the battery of the car.

I took out my phone and searched for the right number. She picked up the phone in the 4th ring.

"HEY!" she chirped, her tone was so happy and it was like she was nominated at the president of the country or something.

"Umm, hi. Sa-" she cut me off before I could tell her how we are stuck about 15 minutes away from her house.

"OH MY GOD! IM SO PISSED AT YOU WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?"

"huh?"

"You dont need to act so inocent anymore. I know that you can play drums, like, ACTUALLY play them. Like, OHMYGOODNESS! YOU ARE SO AWESOME! You sneaky person! I am so totally happy we found-" I tuned offf her ranting from my thoughts.

What the hell is going on? How did she know about the drummer thing? Did Tanner tell her? No.. he would never do that. I mean, he promised me.

But he did seem nervous on the phone today..

"-and then we ALL WILL BE TOGETHER!" she shouted almost tearing my eardrums.

"Sam, did Tanner tell you about my, umm.." I looked at T to see if she was listening to our conversation or not, finding elsewards, I continues in a hushed tone, "abilities?"

When I said that word, I felt like a vampire, trying to hide the cover, just like in twilight, but more believable.

"No."she said with a chuckle. "The boys did."

I felt my grip on the phone increase, and I was sure, if I didnt stop soo, mu beloved iPhone would break. Right now, I didnt care about how they came to know or why they told Sam without asking me, I mean, Im not blind. I knew Sam wanted a drummer really badly. BUT, I must've had my OWN reason for hiding the fact.

I didnt even care to ask how she knew how well I played. I angry, shocked, pissed off and SHOCKED.

"Uhhh.. hello?" I heard her speak up from the other side.

"Uhh, give that to me." Tori rolled her eyes and snatched the phone.

"Hey!. Yeah, its Tori here." she spoke into my phone as I just stood there and stared at nothing in particular.

"Why? because the car broke down, and we are about 10 minutes, by car, away from your house."

She paused for a moment and then resumed. "Un-hun. Mhm. Okay. Wait, all of them? Is that necessary-" she pause again. "Oh, okay. Yah, sure. Tell them to come soon, we are walking towards your house. Bye." she cut the phone with that, and looked towards me with achievement in her eyes.

"And that, me-friends, is how you converse during an emergency." She held out the phone towards me.

I just took it and sheepishly shoved it into the pocket of my hoodie, "what did she say?" I asked still not overcoming the shock.

"The boys are coming to pick us up because aparently it too 'unsafe' for 2 girls to walk alone at night on these streets."

I nodded. "Let just start walking towards her apartment. We would meet them on the way." I suggested and she locked the car and started walking with me.

~~

I was walking since 5 minutes to Sam's with T. Her car had gone for a six so yeah we had decided to support the environment and were walking. It is then that I saw 5 familiar faces. With dark glasses and hideous wigs.

Revenge time. I thought mischievously.

I know, I know. T had, given me a lecture about the revenge thing in the cafeteria today only. But, c'mon! they deserved this. They shouldve known, I didnt tell anybody about this for a freaking reason. Its not like I enjoyed seeing everybody in that state!

"Oh my god!" I suddenly shouted, super loud. And as planned people stared at me. "Is that One Direction?!"

And then all hells broke loose.

FANGIRLS. FANGIRLS EVERYWHERE.

_____________________________

A/N: Sam here. (@screamingstar) So...just wanna say howdy going. 30 votes till next chap? Easy...I think. Hope you guys like my POV too. Coz it's evident that you LOVE this story!!!

Cheers xoxo

<3

A/N, part 2- NIKITA HERE! :D I satyed up till 1 AM to write this chapter so as to complete my promise. B|

So, tell us how you like the chapter. Its not edited but will be done shortly by the third musketeer- VICTORIA <3

Sam is pagal.(which is hindi for crazy/mad/lunatic.) 30 votes? we cant get so many votes. Now, can we? Well, it depends on how much you like the book. PEOPLE, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO PROVE HOW MUCH OF A DEDICATED READER YOU ARE! Prove it through hte votes. But if not, the next chapter WOULD be uploaded anywhere after the 25th vote.

Anywho, please dont forget to REC-VOMMENT!

Love you all! <3 <3 *hopes to get a good review*

Sorry for the long author's note.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

649 24 9
I this story it's IM6 not 5
13.8K 589 17
YouTubers, band members, and six average girls come to a camp called "CAMP CAMP" their parents were too blind to see that the camp technically had no...
85.2K 1.1K 32
When best friends Emily and Kaitlyn go to an R5 concert, they don't know what to expect. Once two special members of the band notice them, their live...
117K 3.4K 33
"But all good things have to come to an end, right?" 6 years ago they thought they'd never see each other again. 6 years later they realised they we...