serendipity - r. lupin

By chlorinestoken

༄*: in which genevieve lewis is completely oblivious to one of her best friends feelings towards her. ༉‧₊ ... More

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐒
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGTHY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR

FIFTY SEVEN

6.2K 273 200
By chlorinestoken

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Snape lacked a sense of hygiene, Genevieve found, when she first transformed into his body. Her skin felt as greasy as butter coated fingers and her mouth held a strange funky taste within it. The sweet smell of lavender no longer hung around her, but instead she smelt sour, of all things. Her nose – Snape's nose – felt too big for her face and her eyes drooped a lot more than they usually did.

The only benefit that transforming into Snape had was that she was a couple inches taller and no longer had to carry around the weight of boobs.

She was far too scared to look inside of her pants. That was the first thing Sirius did after drinking the polyjuice potion, though, and upon the sight he pointed and laughed. James was the next to look, and he too fell into a fit of hysterics.

Upon seeing his new appearance in the mirror, Remus had shrivelled up his nose. "I would rather have the scars back," he grimaced.

"I'm not so pudgy anymore," Peter had commented as he examined his brand new pale stomach with wide eyes. "I don't think I like it."

"Smile, my cute army of grease!" Genevieve had exclaimed and quickly snapped a photo of the five Snape's together, each of them posing as differently as the next. She kissed the photo as it printed itself out the top of the polaroid camera. "Now this a photo for the wall back home," she had claimed, in awe. Sirius had highly protested against this and stated that the photo would keep her up at night.

The Marauders were more than well known around Hogwarts. If it wasn't for their infamous pranks, then it was because they naturally attracted attention. When they walked into a room, people would automatically turn their heads out of interest.

When they walked into the Great Hall during that March morning, they had never drawn so much attention to them in their life. Well, if you saw five Severus Snape's walk in at once, you would stare too. At the sight of them all, Professor McGonagall had already started towards them from the teachers table, a more than stern look on her face.

From the Slytherin table, the real Snape gawked at the imposters, his eyes wide and face pale. Who knew that seeing your own self could do that to someone.

Genevieve was used to looking down at herself and seeing her long brown hair sit on her chest. It had grown to her tailbone by now, and most days she didn't brush it because it hurt her arms too much. Usually, Lily had to brush it for her. Sometimes even Sirius would. As of now, however, Snape's short, black hair fell into her eyes and stuck to her forehead annoyingly. In all fairness, it did feel much lighter on her head.

"Do you think I should cut my hair short?" Genevieve asked Peter, the Snape walking next to her. Her usually smooth voice was replaced with a dull, bored one. Despite it being a sarcastic question, Peter eagerly nodded his head in response, clearly thinking that she was being serious.

"Totally, it would suit you," he answered with a smile on his face. Except it wasn't Peter smiling, it was Snape, which was by far a strange sight to see. Snape's facial expressions were usually limited to different variations of the same sneer.

"I think I might grow mine out this long," James said, "I quite like styling it like this." Genevieve laughed at the sight of James's Snape. His ball of grease was put up in pigtails.

"I hate every moment of this," Remus muttered as they sat down at Gryffindor table, the surrounding people pointing and laughing at the Snape duplicates. "Why did I ever agree to this?"

"Because you love me," Genevieve offered and sat next to him.

Remus blinked. "Wow, that was a really weird thing to hear come out of Severus's mouth."

A fuming, very real Snape came storming over to them, fists balled and his eyes narrowed. "What do you brainless morons think you're doing?" he seethed. Genevieve found it funny how he couldn't pinpoint who was who.

"Are you calling me a moron?" Sirius's Snape drawled bitterly. "I'm in love with Lily Evans and wet myself at the sight of James Potter, how dare you call me a moron, you insolent fool!"

"Don't wind him up," Lily interrupted from further down the table. She wasn't sure whether to laugh or start yelling. "It'll only make him more mad and you've already annoyed him enough."

"Shurrup', Ginge, you're spoiling the show," Marlene exclaimed from next to her with a mouth full of cereal.

"I'm not spoiling the show, I'm making sure a fight doesn't break out!"

Marlene rolled her eyes. "Spoken like a true Prefect," she muttered.

"Lily," Genvieve's Snape gasped and dropped to one knee. "Marry me! Be the mother of my children!" she cried with Snape's desperate voice, "Shag me even though it would be like shagging a Flobberworm!"

From under his robe, Snape drew his wand and pointed it at Genevieve's head. "I don't know which one of you it is, and I don't care, but keep talking and you'll wish you hadn't," he warned, his lips and eyebrows curled into a scowl. His eyes drew to the grinning version of him with with pigtails in. "Is that Potter?"

"Nah, it's Pettigrew," James drawled.

"No, no it's not!" Peter defended instantly, his (or rather Snape's) eyes wide with fear.

But Peter didn't have to deny the claim, as Snape could already see through James's sarcasm and was lunging at him from across the table. It seemed that in a flurry of anger, the Slytherin had forgotten that he had been holding his wand and could perform magic.

Professor McGonagall arrived at the Gryffindor table before any more chaos could ensue. The Slytherins that were approaching slowly backed off at the sight of the teacher prying the two boys off each other. "What is the meaning of this?" she demanded, her head flicking between the two.

"You don't need a meaning to understand!" Snape answered, his eyes fixed on his duplicate. "It's them idiots who run around the school causing madness all the time! They changed into me probably by using Polyjuice Potion!"

McGonagall let out a deep breath of irritation and let go of the real Snape. Once he had scurried back to the Slytherin table, avoiding the snickers of his housemates, the lady turned to the group of imposters. "Potter, Black, Pettigrew, Lupin and Lewis, please follow me to my office," she ordered, already walking out the hall.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It had took everything in James to beg Professor McGonagall to not exclude him, Sirius and Genevieve from the upcoming match against Slytherin for their sudden stunt. If Genevieve could get the whole moment on tape then she would have— there was a lot of desperation involved in the whole matter and it would have made excellent material to embarrass James.

After spending a good amount of time pleading unwaveringly with McGonagall, the professor finally gave in and said they could still play in the match. She did make sure to point out that she was only letting them play so Gryffindor would win the Quidditch House Cup and not for their own benefit, though.

Despite this, no amount of begging could spare the group from a full week of detention. McGonagall was very clear that nothing could change her mind about that, much to their despair.

The effects of the Polyjuice Potion were reversed and thankfully they were all returned to their original bodies. Genevieve was relieved to smell like lavender and have clean hair again. Her chest had grown back too, something that made her both sad and happy.

It was lucky that they had all been turned back to normal before Quidditch practice, else three identical Snape's would have been riding around on brooms and shouting profanities whenever someone dropped the Quaffle.

James had taken McGonagalls warning about winning Slytherin very seriously. She was very proud of Gryffindors winning streak and wanted nothing more than to keep that streak for the foreseeable future. He was just as determined as she was. which meant that Quidditch Practice was more gruelling than ever.

James had set every team member a different task, and for Genevieve and Sirius, it was to pelt a Bludger back and forth at each other with full strength. Unfortunately for Sirius, it was more of Genevieve doing the batting than him. She was still very annoyed about the whole Potions Cupboard situation.

Every single one of Genevieve's limbs were numb to the core, but she yet again hit another Bludger at Sirius with all her might. "And you were so cocky about it!" she yelled.

"Prongs, she's trying to kill me!" screeched Sirius as he narrowly avoided the metal ball. His steel eyes were wide with fear. James was at the other side of the pitch and far from listening, to his dismay.

"Sirius Black, the ultimate Casanova, has finally conquered Genevieve Lewis," she mocked, "That's what you said when we got back to the common room! You said you conquered me!" 

"It was a joke!" he cried. 

"Conquered," she repeated, readying the next Bludger, "Like it's a bloody triumph to sleep with me." She scoffed and then said: "God, you acted so clever yet you didn't even shag me!"

"Well, if you ever want to, you know where I am," Sirius taunted with a wiggle of his eyebrows. The smirk left his face when he saw Genevieve raise her bat once again.

"I was going to aim for your arm or something, but now I'm aiming for your head," Genevieve snapped, striking another Bludger at him mercilessly.

Because he was so tired, Sirius's reflexes didn't kick in quick enough to avoid the flying lump of metal. It harshly collided with the back of his broom, throwing him off his balance. He quickly managed to steady himself, looking at her in disbelief as he did so. "Are you trying to kill me?" he exclaimed.

"It's on the table," she replied dryly.

Before she could attempt beat Sirius blue anymore, James was already calling everyone back down to the ground. A sigh of relieved came from both Genevieve and Sirius— when you were told to go back down to the ground, it almost always meant that training was over. Together they flew back down to the gathering group of Gryffindor players.

"We finished and done, Captain?" Marcus asked, walking to Sirius's side the moment he was back down on the floor. With curiosity lingering in her eyes, Gen watched as Sirius exchanged a glance at him. It was the type of look that shared a million conversations in just one second, followed with a slight smile.

"I think so. If I could have it my way, we would be practicing all night—"

Genevieve's attention was drawn to Imogen when she tapped the girls shoulder gently. "Is he serious?" Imogen whispered to Genevieve.

"No," Jessie replied in hushed tones from the other side of Imogen. He crouched down slightly to her height and nodded his over at Sirius. "That's Sirius, kiddo."

Genevieve found herself biting the inside of her cheek to resist a smile. She glanced up at the stands momentarily out of habit in search for Remus, but her eyes soon averted back to James after remembering he was in the Hospital Wing with a migraine.

After James's long speech about dedication and the importance of winning, he retired everyone back to the changing rooms. Jessie was the going to be the last one to enter them, but just before he stepped over the threshold, the urge for Genevieve to speak to him took over. "Oi, Hawthorne!" she called, approaching him with her hands behind her back.

Curious as to who had said his name, Jess wiped his head around to face his addressee. His blue eyes twinkled a little. "Hey," said Jess with a small smile. "Everything good?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," Genevieve nodded stiffly. She tried her hardest to stand still as the sudden awkwardness seeped through the air.

"Did you need something?"

"No, um..." Genevieve trailed off and fiddled with her fingers, a clear sign of her disc-comfort. "I just wanted to say that I, er..."

"Love me? Hate me?" he quizzed. Jessie suddenly gasped. "You want to buy me the new Nimbus that came out?" he dramatised with a hand slapped across his mouth and his eyes wide. "Genevieve Lewis, you're far too kind—"

"I wasn't actually shagging Sirius," Genevieve blurted.

The swaying of the trees and occasional twitter of the birds was the only sound that travelled through the ears. It wasn't discomforting to hear the sounds that nature held, but as Jessie stood there looking at Genevieve with a raised eyebrow and a smirk, she really wished she could hear something else.

Jessie crossed his arms, and even though Marlene's statement about him having bowling balls for muscles was true, that was the least of Genevieve's observations right now.

"Or rather, Sirius wasn't actually shagging me," she quickly rephrased but soon found herself unable to stop talking, "because I know he made it out like he was shagging me that night in the Potions Cupboard but we weren't we were just trying to get ourselves out of trouble. I would never even think about shagging Sirius, so I really have no idea how you actually bought that. I don't think of him in that way at all—"

Bending down to reach her level, Jessie brought his lips to hers. His touch was soft and welcoming, yet Genevieve found herself pulling away after realising what had happened.

"I-I'm sorry," Jessie quickly apologised. "Did I just make you uncomfortable?"

"A little," she replied softly, "But it's ok."

"No, no, it's not ok if I made you uncomfortable—"

"Jess," she interrupted, "It's ok." She nodded her head at the door behind them. "Just go get changed."

And so a red-cheeked Jessie slipped away into the changing rooms, leaving Genevieve outside to comprehend what had just happened.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n: if you love me you'll read my new fred weasley fic :D

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 94 10
"𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒚" 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎!𝒐𝒄 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒓𝒂
1M 29.6K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
1K 11 10
-𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞
66.6K 3.4K 25
❝ SHE DATES PEOPLE TO GIVE THEM EXPERIENCE? ❞ ❝ SHE'S RICH, PRONGS. DON'T QUESTION HER BUSINESS CONCEPT. ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ༊*·˚ 💰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫...