Coffee Shop | Elizabeth Olsen

By justwords07

Meeting in a coffee shop is a normal thing. Students, business men and women, mothers, friends. But what wasn... More

1: Hastings
2: Safe Space
3: House Guest
4: I'm Okay
5: Home
6: Park Bench
7: Friends
8: Sisters
9: Comfort
10: Scarlett
12: Dinner
13: Cassie's Birthday
14: Ruined
15: Help
16: Facade
17: Birthday Night
18: The Hangover
19: First Date
20: Talking
21: I'm Not Him
22: Rings
23: Halloween
24: Charity Event
25: Touch
26: Pathetic
27: Keys
28: New Year's Eve
29: Proud
30: Upset
31: Jr's Birthday
32: Ice-Cream Date
33: Valentines Day
34: 3 Little Words
35: Lizzie's Birthday
36: Pushing
37: Feelings
38: Talks
39: Caught
40: Paris
41: Shoots
42: That Girl
43: Freak Out
44: Future
45: Carrying My Shit
46: Prints
47: Packing
48: Dancing In Grocery Stores
49: Phone Calls
50: Set Day
51: Shoot Day
52: Apologises
53: Birthday Surprise
54: Flashbacks
55: Feel Or Deal
56: Plans And Promises
57: Christmas cookies
58: Plague
59: Christmas
60: Red Carpet
61: Sorry For Your Loss
62: Missed Calls
63: Dreams
64: Manic
65: Home
66: House Warming
67: Press
68: I can't
69: Fix It
70: Healing
71: Good News
72: LA Summer
73: Chanel
74: Happiness
75: Planning
76: Dresses
77: Insecurity
78: Date Night
79: Messy
80: Dependant
81: Hen Party
82: The Wedding
83: News
84: Pregnancy
85: Kailani
86: Aunty Scarlett
87: Coffee Shop

11: Thanksgiving

6.8K 218 69
By justwords07

I laid on the bed on my tummy whilst I watched a pouty Lizzie pack up her things. It was Thanksgiving morning and her sisters were on their way to come and get her to take her to her parent's house. She wasn't thrilled.  

"You will be fine," I tell her for the millionth time. "What if" "You and your sisters are fine, you've been talking regularly and I've told you they're not even slightly mad at you," I tell her again it was like a script I had memorised at this point. "I want you to come." "I can't I have to work and if I didn't I'd be on the beach right now." She threw her head back in a tantrum but continued to pack. "You need to hurry up they'll be here soon." "You know you're not very empathetic in the mornings." She tells me, I get out of bed and go into the bathroom. I start getting ready myself.

The door knocked when I was finishing up my make-up Lizzie mumbled something before going to answer it. "Where is she?" I hear. I go out into the main room. "Hi." I wave as I rush around getting my things together, probably shouldn't have just watched Lizzie pack for an hour before getting ready. "Hi." "Welcome to my home," I say moving past them going into the closet to get my hard drive and camera and bag out. "She's running late." "For what?" "Work." We answer in unison. "You're working today? What about dinner?" MK asked me shocked. "I'll grab something on my way home." I shrugged stopping to talk to them. "No, you can come to us." "I'm working. And my sister would literally kill me if I ate with another family today. So I'm going to go." I pecked Lizzie's cheek. "Call me when you're in LA okay." She nodded, she was leaving tomorrow. "No, Lizzie. Tell her." "She doesn't listen to me." She complained. I grabbed my things and left. Lizzie had a spear key to lock up and she will drop it in the lobby so I can grab it later. 

----------

I walked around the family home capturing moments. It made me miss my family a lot. I felt guilty already being away from them and I know Cassie is fuming at me for missing our first thanksgiving without a dad. Normally I would always be home for thanksgiving, part of me stayed away because I couldn't sit and look at the empty spot at our family table and go around saying what we're thankful for when there's nothing to be thankful for because our father is dead and our family is falling apart because we're elbow deep in grief and the only one talking about it is Cassie and that's because she's so overwhelmed with it she just falls apart every few days. 

"Thank you for doing this for us." "Of course," I say to the head of the house. "I'll email you with the initial shots and we can select your favourites and then I'll edit them." "And how many photos do we have as part of our package." "With your package, you get 30 prints and a CD and any additional prints you would like, or canvas will be an additional cost." He nodded. "Well thank you. Happy Thanksgiving." I waved before walking up the drive.

I called mum and spoke to her until I got to the subway. They were having a nice day and when Cassie saw I was actually working today she stopped being so cold with me. I was glad because I've missed my daily catch-ups with her. I speak to her but she's always icy with me and I hate it. She would speak to Lizzie like she was her best friend though. I had to hang up because I would lose signal when I go into the subway but when I did my phone called again. "Hey?" "Hi! Have you finished work?" "Yes, I'm heading home now." "Perfect, you're coming to Scarletts." "No. I'm going home to edit photos and eat our leftovers." "Boo!" I hear MK call before movement. "There's a party at Scarlett's." "I'm going home, Mary-Kate. Look after Lizzie." "No, you're coming." "I don't want to." "It's just us, Scarlett her brothers and family and you. And Lizzie." "Mary-Kate, I'm going home." 

I eventually get to hang up and get my subway home, when I walked into my apartment building the three sisters were standing there. I raised my eyebrow at Lizzie. "They made me." She pouted. "Please come." I rolled my eyes. "That's a yes right?" Ashley asked Lizzie. "Hard to tell she does that for everything," Lizzie said back. We go up to my apartment. I was too busy for this. 

"Please come?" Lizzie begged when her sisters went to the bedroom. I watched them in disbelief. "I'm working Lizzie." "Just for a few hours and then I can come to stay here before my flight in the morning." She pulled on my arm. "You should be with your sisters." "But I won't see you for longer." "Aww, are you going to miss me." I teased. She nodded. "Here change." MK threw a dress at me. "Welcome to my home make yourself at home. Please raid my closet and force me to go to a party I don't want to go to." I say in obvious sarcasm "We will. Now go change." As I walked past Ashley unclipped my hair letting my curls down. 

I looked at Lizzie and she hurried with me to the bedroom. "Your sisters are pushy." "Yeah, you'll get used to it. They like you. They made me call you to invite you with us. Scarlett too." "This isn't me." "What? The dress, you can pick something else." "No partying with celebs." "Well, it's just us and Scarlett and her family." "Exactly. Celebs. I'm not one of you." "You're my friend." She chewed her lip. "I don't care if you're 'one of us' you're my friend. You're someone I want around." "Cassie doesn't find out about this," I tell her going to the bathroom to change. Lizzie handed me a pair of heels that matched the dress and we left in a car they had taken here. 

--------

Scarlett welcomed us in and introduced us to a few people, mostly her family. I felt uncomfortable so I stayed with Lizzie, literally glued to her side. "You good?" I nodded. "Just a lot of people and I don't fit in." "You fit in." "Lizzie everyone here has more money in their back pocket than my apartment is worth." "You fit in because you're a good person like the rest of us." "Let's dance." She says pulling me to an open space where people were dancing. I loosened up when one of Scarlett's brothers came over to dance with us he seemed pretty normal like me and I liked that. I didn't feel like the odd one out. 

--------

LIZZIE'S POV

"Your brother and Nell are getting along," I observe. "Yeah." She says watching them laugh together. She had relaxed since meeting Hunter. They danced for a while and now they're in the kitchen talking and drinking. "He gets on with anyone." She said observing them. "We should play a game." She suddenly said she'd been drinking. Everyone had been drinking. 

"LISTEN UP!" She boomed over the music. The room looked at her, she really knew how to grab attention. I stood beside her looking at her. "We're going to play a few games in the lounge. Feel free to join.

--------

We played truth or dare and then moved on to Never have I ever. "Never have I ever kissed a girl." Scarlett's older sister said. Practically the whole room drank. I watched Nell she didn't seem too bothered about admitting that. "Never have I ever joined the mile-high club," Ashley says. Scarlett drinks and I look at her shocked. "Oh don't be so boring Olsen." She says dismissing me. I make eye contact with Nell and she was chuckling at Scarlett. I nudged my head I wanted her to come and sit with me. "Where do you want me to sit?" We were in a circle on the floor there was no room for her. I pouted before looking around. "Switch with Nell," I say to Scarlett. "No. Nell." She made grabby hands at her so she crawled across the circle, Hunter pulled her dress down allowing her to keep her dignity as she did that. Scarlett then patterned her lap so she sat there. I wish I thought of that. 

We continued to play. "Never have I ever." Nell thought for a second. "Kissed me." Scarlett filled in before turning her face to kiss her, they both fully went for it and pulled away laughing and Nell took her drink. I was in shock. It sobered me up quickly. Nell stopped playing going on her phone. "What are you doing?" I asked frowning she shouldn't be texting whilst drunk it's like a big no, no. "Nothing." She says smiling at me. "Want to go home." "No, she's staying here tonight." Scarlett wrapped her arms around Nell pushing her face in the crook of her neck. "No, I'm gonna go home tonight. We have plans for next week, remember." When did that happen? "Yeah!" She said letting her go. "You ready to go?" She asked me with hooded eyes from the alcohol. "Please, unless you want to stay?" "I have work at 11, I should have been in bed like 4 hours ago." She says standing up hugging Scarlett and gathering my sisters. 

We grab our things and wait for our car. Nell was sobering up drinking her water slowly and texting on her phone. "Cassie?" She nodded and tucked her hair behind her ear as she typed quickly. "She okay?" "Misses Dad." She says softly putting her phone in my purse herself and I chuckled. We climbed into the car. "Can they stay with us?" I asked looking at my sisters who were talking to our driver about nonsense. "Yeah." "Share the bed with me?" "They should take the bed, Princess." "They're too drunk to care." She chuckled. "MK, Ash," I say sharply. "Leave the poor man alone." "He loves us." "Okay, well love him back by being quiet," I tell them. "Can we stay with you?" They point at Nell. Her house was closer. "Yes." Nell agreed. I rested my head on her shoulder. "You kissed Scarlett." "Scarlett kissed me." She corrected. "Was it a good kiss?" "It wasn't bad, we're drunk it doesn't count" She dismisses. I take her hand and put it on my knee. "You okay?" "Mhmm." "Tired?" "Yeah." She wrapped her arm around me tucking me into her side. "I'll miss you," I mumble to her. "I'll try and come to LA earlier so we can hang out before you go to NYC for Christmas." "You don't have to." "I'll just schedule shoots in LA instead of NYC." "Do you travel for work?" She nodded. "A lot?" "Um, for big clients I will and some of my loyal clients like to have me on their vacations and stuff." 

We pulled up at her apartment and we managed to get the twins up to the door and into the house. I locked up and Nell lead them to the bedroom they were sitting on the bed. Nell grabbed them clothes. "This is a you job." She says handing me the tops. "Help." "I'm not changing them." She protests grabbing her own clothes and going into the bathroom. I helped my sisters change and then changed myself. "Come on." I lead them to the sofa and threw a pillow and blanket at them. They cuddled up and was content enough. I went to the bedroom and washed my face whilst Nell was in the bedroom on the computer. "What you doing?" I asked whilst brushing my teeth. "Emailing a client back." She says softly. "You're drunk?" "The kiss sobered me right up." She joked. 

I didn't like that she kissed Scarlett, they're just one step closer to actually dating. Scarlett clearly likes her she asked her on a date for goodness sake. And Scarlett typically gets what she wants. I mean look at her she's drop-dead gorgeous, funny, smart, creative who would turn her down? No one in the sane mind would exactly. I didn't want their relationship to affect our relationship. 

I climbed into bed and waited for her to finish her work. It was pretty late or early? I don't know. "Did you finish?" She nodded. "Managed to move the shoots to the evening." "Yay." "I leave tomorrow." "You do." "I don't want to." "You need to go home, you've been here since summer." "I know but I like it here." "But you like your garden and your friends in LA and your work." I nodded. "You'll visit right?" "Yes, of course, I will and we'll still talk like we did before." I smiled. "I'll miss you too." She admitted. I looked at her and she smiled. I settled down to snuggle into her. 

"Goodnight, Angel." "Goodnight, Princess." She teased back and I scrunched my nose up at the nickname smiling to myself. 

--------------

I wake up in the morning with a mild headache but it was soothed by the hand running through my hair. "Morning," I mumbled. "Morning, bug. How are you feeling?" She asked me softly in a hushed voice. "Not too bad." I looked up at her. "What about you?" "I feel fine, a little tired." She had her eyes closed still and I admired her cute face. I stretched my arm and frowned when I touched hair. I sat up and saw my sister laid beside Nell. "What the fuck?" "MK threw up in the lounge," Ashley said looking back at me. "Gross." I close my eyes. "You're cleaning that up. I hope you know that." Nell says and I looked at her and she was looking back at me with an amused smirk on her lips. "She can clean it up," I said, laying back down my headache suddenly hitting hard. I feel around finding her hand and put it back in my hair. She chuckled. "Okay, Princess. I got the hint." She whispered running her fingers through my hair once again. 

"What time is your flight?" "2" I mumbled wanting to sleep again. "What time is it?" Ash asked. "No clue." Nell says casually like we had nowhere to be. "11." She said after moving around a little. 

"Someone was sick in the lounge," MK said entering the room and flopping on the bed laying over the three of us. "Yeah, you," Ashley says. "Prove it." "I have a video." "We should get up," Nell mumbled to me. "I don't want to go back." "You have work." She reminded me. "Plus who wouldn't want to be in the sun." She sat up with me refusing to move from her chest. "Shower first or second?" "First." I slowly pulled away. "Advil?" I nodded. "Bathroom cabinet." I stuck a thumb up and climbed over my sister's to get to the bathroom. 

When I came back out no one was in the room, I frowned the door was closed too. Was I that long? I helped myself to clothes and then went into the lounge. Nell had rubber gloves on scrubbing her rug. "Where are the twins?" I asked. "Went to get your case." She says pausing her actions. "I would have cleaned it." "It's no big deal. I did three weeks of college I've dealt with enough sick." She says standing up. 

"Stop pouting, you'll be back here in like 3 weeks." I didn't even know I was pouting. "What if I just stayed here." "You have work and I don't fancy having your management at my door. Your sisters are scary enough." She took the gloves off and threw them in the bucket of soapy water. "You'll be okay." "What if I have a panic attack?" "You have friends in LA that will be there to support you." "But you calm me quicker." "Then call me. You know I always answer calls." I nodded. "I guess I got attached to you," I tell her. "You became safety after what Robbie did, you protected me." "You're strong enough on your own, Elizabeth. You don't need protecting." I smiled sadly before biting my lip. "You'll be okay." She rubbed her hands up and down my arms. "I'm a phone call away." I nodded. "You can go to the coffee shop to hang out, Cassie is there after school doing her homework. You can go to the beach. Meet up with your friends. Tend to your amazing garden I know you love and miss very much." I nodded. "Do you have time to ride with me to the airport?" She checked her watch. "Yeah, I have time." "Do you have time or are you just not telling me no." "I have work at 2... You have to be at the airport before that I have time." 

I helped her finish cleaning the rug and then she showered and got ready for work. "You kissed Scarlett last night." I remind her. "Scarlett kissed me. And I shared a bed with two Olsen sisters. Call me Hugh Hefner." She joked and I shoved her. My sisters came back with my things and a car waiting for me. "They were going to come to the airport too." "Sorry about your rug." "It's fine we got it all clean." She says with a shrug. "I'm so embarrassed," MK said hiding her face behind her hands. "Trust me my friend has done much worse." "Worse than throwing up on your cream rug." "Yeah, Ria was wild." She said with a smile on her face. "So was Lizzie." They teased me. "I wasn't that bad." I defended myself. "Smoking, drinking, partying. It's a miracle you even got your degree." Ashley adds. "Well, I dropped out after three weeks so she did better than me." Nell deflects the attention. "Three weeks? Gave up quicker than us." MK says. Nell nodded acting proud of her fake achievement. "She's studying now though." "Why?" "Because I have a little sister who needs a role model." "But you have a business." "I do. But she is too smart to take photos for a living. She should stay in education." "It takes talent to do what you do." "I press a button and sit at a computer editing lighting. It's not rocket science." "Creativity is just as important as intelligence." Ashley defends. 

As we drove talking about career paths and school I was distracted and the knot in my stomach wasn't noticeable but now we pulled up and there are paps swarming it came back and I didn't want to get out. Ashley was calming me down subtly as MK and Nell kept talking. I was glad they got on, they could chill about her being an axe murderer and just let me be her friend. "You good to go?" She asked and I nodded. "Love you. Call us if you need anything. We'll be on a flight straight away." I nodded. "Promise us you'll call, Liz." "I promise." "Okay." She kissed my cheek MK said her goodbyes to me too. "Call me when you land, Olsen." She said and I nodded. "Try not to kiss anymore of my friends." I tease and she chuckles. "So sisters aren't off-limits?" "No sisters are very much off-limits," I say firmly and everyone laughs. She scrunched her nose at me as I waved. I did it back as she waved and closed the door, I was escorted inside and then it hit. My safety blanket was gone, the people who kept reassuring me were all in that car and wasn't going to be there when I get in my head again. I would have to do this alone. 

-----------------

A/N: Scarlett and Nell kiss... What do you think will happen between them now Lizzie is back in LA? ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 286 14
Life hasn't been that easy on Y/N since her teenage years: losing her mother who was one of the brightest broadway actress of her generation, an unkn...
210K 8.5K 55
Willow Monroe is the owner of the biggest book cafe in Boston: Liberty Book Cafe. Her everyday life basically revolves around books and coffee. Unti...
54.2K 1.8K 21
Y/N is the daughter of a famous director. After a breakup, she decides to return home to California where she meets Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth...
167K 4.6K 58
Elizabeth Olsen had a bad break up with her now Ex Fiancé Robbie. What happens when she meets an astonishing average girl at the store. *Sorta s...