The Butterfly and the Shadow...

By keishirogane08

The Demon Slayer Corps, a military organization whose sole purpose is to battle demons led by the King of Dem... More

Character Background
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
OC Breathing Style Information
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Hashiras thoughts about the OC and OC's thoughts about the Hashira
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Valentine Chapter (Modern Era AU)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Optional Chapter (R-18)
Chapter 44

Chapter 19

2K 80 23
By keishirogane08

Inei's POV. Wisteria House.

A house marked with the Wisteria Flower.

I knocked on the door and the people living there somehow knew I am a Demon Slayer, although I am not wearing the uniform.

The owner of the house, Nanako-san, let me in when I revealed my identity as a member of the Corps.

Nanako: I see.

Inei: Also, my comrades are on their way here. I'm going to wait for them here, and then we'll have to discuss our plan from here on out.

Before I came here, I took the time to do my own investigations around the district. Apparently, Kage found out that Tengen-san's wives infiltrated the district.

Locating the houses they each infiltrated was a tough job even for me.

But then, we quickly narrowed down the houses they infiltrated.

Suma-san in the Tokito House. Makio-san in the Ogimoto House. Hinatsuru in the Kyogoku House.

Somehow, I'm having a bad feeling in the Kyogoku House.

I mean........I heard some rumors surrounding the house. About the women just suddenly "losing their footing" within the house.

But that's the only information that I gather, because as things currently stand, I won't be able to gather any information outside. No wonder why Tengen-san had the idea of sending his wives to infiltrate and gather intel.

But then, according to what Kage gathered from Tengen-san, he and wives are constantly exchanging letters, with the information about the demon's movements.

Then things went down when Tengen-san lost contact with his wives.

I guess Kagaya-sama decided to send me here as well, due to my skills in gathering information.

Heh, though Kagaya-sama is not a fighter, he is qualified to be a tactician. A truly qualified man to lead the Corps.

A few hours later, Tengen-san, along with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke finally arrived.

Inei: Took you guys long enough.

Tengen: It seems like you took your time to investigate. So, any valuable intel?

Inei: Can I see the letters? Maybe I could match it with the information that I gathered earlier.

He gave me the letter as I began to cross reference the information that I got and from the letters.

Honestly though. They're so noisy.

Zenitsu: HUH!? YOU HAVE THREE WIVES!? WHY DO YOU HAVE THREE—

Inei: 💢

Inei: SHUT THE HELL UP!

I threw unsheathed my wakizashi and threw it's sheathe to Zenitsu's face, knocking him out in the process.

Zenitsu: ..........

Inei: *sigh*

Inei: Seriously, what's wrong with Zenitsu acting like a pervert.

Inei: Tanjiro, make sure that Nezuko marries a proper guy in the future, okay?

Tanjiro: O-Okay.

Tengen: Thanks for saving me the trouble of that noisy guy.

Inei: No problem.

I picked up the sheath and put my wakizashi back.

Inei: *sigh*

Tengen: So?

Inei: *sigh*

Inei: Their intel matches what I found during my initial investigation and to what Kage told me earlier.

Inei: As of now, we're in a dead end. We got to infiltrate the three houses that you mentioned earlier.

Tengen: I see.

Tanjiro: But nii-san, in the letters, Uzui-san reminded them not to stand out. How exactly are we going to do this?

Inei: We got to disguise ourselves. That is the hardest part after all. But that is our only way to get this mission done.

Tengen: As much as I hate the idea, I agree with Saito here. You guys have to do a very specific task, then infiltrate.

Tengen: My three wives are top of the line kunoichi. Just as Saito said earlier, the Yoshiwara District is a very ideal place for a demon to lurk around.

Inei: Infiltrating as a customer will almost lead you to nowhere. So the only chance to gather information, is to go infiltrate as deeper than mere customers.

Inei: That was the reason why Tengen-san needed female corps members for this mission.

Tanjiro: I see.

Inei: So, as of things stand, we got to look for Tengen-san's wives.

Tengen: Exactly. Suma in the Tokito House, Makio in the Ogimoto House, and Hinatsuru in the Kyogoku House.

Inosuke: Aren't your wives dead already?

Tengen-san immediately punched Inosuke and knocked him out instantly.

Inei: *sigh*

Tanjiro: We're sorry.

Then one of the helpers of the house delivered the items that Tengen-san asked earlier.

Tengen: Thanks.

Afterwards we began to discuss our plans.

Inei: Okay, Tengen-san will be on a lookout. Me on the other hand will blend in with the crowd and try to gather some information about the three houses as much as possible.

Tanjiro: But how exactly are you going to do that?

Inei: I have my ways. Daggers are also a convincing argument.

Tengen: Hahahahaha! Never underestimate a former assassin of the Emperor.

Tengen: As a former shinobi myself, I heard from my father that the imperial assassins are much even more proficient than shinobi in terms of infiltration.

Tengen: After all, they will always get their target no matter what. Not to mention, Saito here is already familiar with the place.

Tengen: No wonder why Oyakata-sama assigned this mission to help us as well.

Inei: As much as I really hate the Red Light District, I have no choice but to take the mission.

Inei: Also, I received another vital information within the district.

Inei: And I already had a bad feeling about this.

And so...........

We began our infiltration.

Our plan was to let Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke infiltrate the three houses and search for Tengen-san's wives.

And in order to do that, we had the three of them to cross dress as girls.

Inei: I think they went too much for the make up. I mean, Inosuke doesn't even need a make up.

Tengen: Really?

Inei: Yeah, put some girl clothes on Inosuke and then yeah, he'll be mistaken for a girl.

And we began to "sell" them into the three houses. First was Tanjiro.

Tengen: All right. Next.

Inosuke: What's that over there?

Inei: Hm?

Inosuke points to the gathering crowd and so we joined the crowd.

Inei: Ah, right. What you guys see here is an Oiran Procession.

Inosuke: Oiran Procession?

Tengen: That's Tokito's House Koinatsu Oiran.

Tengen: The highest-ranking oiran is on her way to meet her client. How flamboyant is that?

Inei: *sigh*

Tengen: Hey, Saito, let me ask you something.

Inei: Hm?

Tengen: Can you imagine Kocho wearing such flashy clothing?

Inei: Oh shut up. As if she would gather that much attention. She would be mistaken for a child due to her height.

Tengen: I see. You're also among the hashira who can actually insult Kocho with her height.

Inei: Heh. I've known Shinobu for years.

Tengen: Ah, that's right. You're the one who saved her and the former Flower Hashira back then, huh?

Tengen: As far as I know, I am still just a member of the Corps when the Kocho sisters joined us as well.

Inei: Yeah.

Tengen: And you're already a Hashira during that time.

Zenitsu: Wife? Is she your wife by—

I smacked Zenitsu in the head.

Zenitsu: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!?

Inei: That's my line, dumbass!

Tengen: If you're assuming she's my wife! You're dead wrong!

Inei: *sigh*

Inei: Zenitsu, if you wanted to be flocked by girls so much, you got to fix that attitude of yours.

Inei: Or else you'll just be a good-for-nothing husband if you do.

Tengen: That's really wise of you, Saito.

Inei: Well, throughout my journey during the past years, there are some kind families who let a humble traveler like me to stay at their house for at least a couple of weeks.

Inei: From that time, I got to know each family members and the children.

Tengen: I see.

Suddenly, the chaperone of Ogimoto House came to us and wanted to buy Inoko (Inosuke).

And with that, Inosuke (Inoko) got employed.

Inei: All right. That's two down........

Then Tengen-san and I looked at Zenitsu with nothing but disappointment.

Inei: One to go.

Tengen: ............

Somehow, we managed to get Zenko (Zenitsu) to Kyogoku House.

Tengen: All right. Now that we got them to our three suspicious houses.

Inei: All right. I'll be doing my investigation from here. I'll take the streets, you investigate from above.

Tengen: Leave it to me.

We dispersed and began our investigations.

After a few more hours, we reconvene to one of the rooftops.

Tengen: So, you got anything?

Inei: Still a dead end. I already asked almost anyone but yeah, still nothing.

Inei: Also, let me get you in on the information that Kage got.

Tengen: What is it?

Inei: A demon is lurking here who is adept in espionage. A demon who can completely disguise themselves as an Oiran.

Inei: And the worse possible case here is............

Inei: The said demon, is said to be........

Inei: An Upper Rank Demon.

Tengen: ...........

Tengen: I also got that feeling, but to think that you already confirmed that yourself.

Inei: *sigh*

Inei: I can also sense that a great battle is about to come, once we confront the said demon.

Tengen: It seems like this is the reason why Oyakata-sama sent you here as well.

Tengen: To be honest, there won't be a better help than you in this mission.

Inei: An Upper Rank Demon is infiltrating the Yoshiwara District, huh?

Inei: An ideal place for—

Inei: !?

Inei: ...........

Tengen: Hm? What's wrong?

Inei: Wait, this presence.........somehow, I can sense a very familiar presence here.

Tengen: .............

Inei: Spirit Breathing, First Form - Spirit Call.

Tengen: Presence?

Inei: Somehow, I detected a very familiar presence here..........

Inei: But..........

Inei: ............

Inei: Maybe just my imagination. The presence was somehow like, two days before we came here. 

Tengen: If you say that there is an Upper Rank Demon here........

Tengen: Then it seems like we're in for an ultra flamboyant fight to the death.

Inei: So far, the only information that I got from the Three Upper Ranks that I cornered.........

Inei: Upper Rank One won't have any interest in this place.

Inei: Upper Rank Two could probably be in this place, as he enjoys eating women.

Inei: Upper Rank Three wouldn't also be in this place, he only looks for the strong.

Inei: As for Upper Ranks Four, Five, and Six........

Inei: Unfortunately, I don't have any idea as of now.

Inei: So, as things stand, our chances is that, we will encounter either Upper Rank Six, Five, or Four.

Tengen: Hmmm........

Tengen: As someone who already fought three Upper Rank demons, what was your input?

Inei: As much as possible, you got to be careful in fighting them. They always have a hidden trump card in their sleeves.

Inei: We got no choice but to prolong the battle, to know their abilities, to know their weaknesses, and find a way to defeat them.

Inei: Or we can just prolong the battle until the sun rises up. But, this idea won't be the best as we're going to fight in a very populated place.

Inei: We can't also just go tell the civilians here to evacuate immediately all because there is a demon lurking here.

Inei: That would also totally be in favor of the demon because they can use the chaos to well, wreck havoc and cause massive destruction.

Tengen: Damn.......

Inei: To be honest, I had to deal with targets with this kind of attitude.

Inei: And I'll tell you this, they're the most annoying piece of shits, that's why once you kill them, it will be a great reward.

Tengen: As expected from a former assassin of the emperor.

Tengen: All right then. Seems like we got to wait for a few more days in here, huh?

Inei: Yeah. Until the trio got any information about your wives, we won't be able to make our next move.

Inei: So, our only option as of now, is to be in the shadows and gather as much information as we can.

Inei: Once we got our decisive evidence........

Tengen: We'll strike.

Inei: Exactly.

And so, our mission to the Red Light District had begun.

My intuition is telling me, that we're going to have a big battle here, with an Upper Rank Demon.........

For now, we got to lay low. Being reckless is out of the question during this kind missions.

Inei: Honestly, it's a headache dealing with these kind of demons.

Inei: But somehow, I can really sense that there is even more than the demon here.

Inei: Something is telling me that, there is more to this demon that meets the eye.

Inei: It seems like I got to gather more information as much as I can............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 8K 32
The Demon Corps always fight the demons. The Pillars are the most powerful swordsmen, nine in total, but by orders of Oyakata-sama a new Pillar is as...
20K 716 43
It's 1915, and the Demon Slayer Corps is attempting it's biggest operation yet. Giyuu Tomioka is hell bent on killing Muzan, as he is now the leader...
57.5K 1.1K 23
Y/n Uzui was the daughter of Tengen Uzui and grew up in the Sound Mansion with her four parents. It was a weird experience growing up like that, bein...
30.9K 1.1K 36
❝𝗜 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁. 𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗲𝗰𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻...