Chapter 11

Inei's POV. Butterfly Estate.

It's been days since I trained Tanjiro about the Total Concentration Breathing. With the help of Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi, it was a little bit easier for Tanjiro.

When we are taking a break, Tanjiro asked me.

Tanjiro: Inei-oniisan, when you first came to our house, you are already a demon slayer?

Inei: Yes. Sorry for hiding it to you and to everyone in your family.

Tanjiro: I see. It's fine, you were doing your mission, after all.

Tanjiro: I heard from Shinobu-san that you are the only one who survived in the Final Selection in your batch.

Inei: Yes. I was the only one.

Inei: I tried to save my comrades, but they all died even before I knew they were in danger.

Inei: Actually, I guess it was around the 4th or 5th day when I learned that all of my comrades are dead.

Inei: So, during the remaining days, I wiped out all of the demons in the mountain.

Inei: Although one managed to survive. I guess that would be the demon who killed Urokodaki-san's students.

Tanjiro: Yes.

Inei: I'm glad that you finally avenged them.

Inei: So did I when I finished the Final Selection. When I beheaded the last demon, I decided to wait at the peak, the finish line.

Tanjiro: I just noticed, Inei-oniisan. Your Nichirin Blade is crimson red.

I unsheathed my Crimson Nichirin Blade as I let Tanjiro hold it.

Tanjiro: Woah, this is kinda light and yet it's so durable.

Inei: I've been using that sword ever since I began as a Demon Slayer.

Tanjiro: Really? Also, I heard that your breathing style is Shadow Breathing.

Tanjiro: Wouldn't it be like, the color of your blade is gray or black.

Inei: Well, I don't know. When I first received it, it turned into Crimson Red. Which Haganezuka-san was even freaking out when the Crimson Red Color appeared.

Tanjiro: You know him?

Inei: Yes. It seems like he is the one who also made your sword.

Tanjiro: Yes.

Inei: Tanjiro, the color of your Nichirin Blade is black, right?

Tanjiro: Yes. They say that swordsmen who possessed Black Nichirin Blades wouldn't last long.

Inei: No. I guess it's black, because your fate is unknown.

Tanjiro: Really?

Inei: Hm, this is my theory.

Inei: Tanjiro, you use Water Breathing, right?

Tanjiro: Yes.