Chapter 5

Inei's POV. Butterfly Mansion. Present Time.

Inei: The forest on the eastern side of Mt. Fujikasane, the Firefly Forest.......that is where I began my formal training as a demon slayer.

Shinobu: The Firefly Forest? I heard that name before on a tale but I never expected it to be true.

Inei: That is where I met those three spirits. Kanesada, Tsunemaru, and Hasebe. Apparently, those three are incarnation of various swords that were forged throughout history.

Inei: And for two months, I lived with them on that mansion in the middle of that forest.

Inei: And that is where I created my breathing style.

Inei: Kage no Kokyū (Shadow Breathing).

-----------------

Flashback. 3rd POV.

The day after Inei settled down with the three spirits living in the forest.

Hasebe: Inei, your ability to see the transparent world is the most powerful weapon in your arsenal.

Hasebe: It allows you to see the vital points of friend and foe alike, and because you can see the contraction of the muscles, blood flood, nerves and even the current state of the body, it will allow you to make wise decisions even mid-battle.

Kanesada: When did you learn to see the Transparent World?

Inei: I can already see it as far as I can remember.

Tsunemaru: Since birth, huh?

Tsunemaru: This is strange. I mean.......

He inspected Inei from head to torso.

Tsunemaru: He doesn't possess the Demon Slayer Mark.

Inei: The Demon Slayer Mark?

Kanesada: It is a mark that occurs with strong demon slayers.

Kanesada: Once the mark has appeared, it will grant the bearer an immense improvement in their overall abilities.

Inei: I see.

Hasebe: In your case, you don't have the mark.

Hasebe: Because in order to see the Transparent World, you must have awakened your Demon Slayer Mark.

Hasebe: The only setback of the mark is, the bearer will die at the age of 25.

Hasebe: But seeing that you don't possess the Demon Slayer Mark means you are an exceptional case.

Tsunemaru: And all the more reason for us to train you here, Inei.

The young boy bowed to the three spirits.

Inei: Then, I'll be in your care.

Inei's training began.

From swordsmanship.

Kanesada: Fix your stance, there are some gaps on your stance which can be easily exploited by a fast enemy.

Kanesada: Your lower body is not yet low enough, lower it more. Your upper body is not on the right posture.