Chapter 39

Inei's POV. Infinity Castle.

Shinobu, Kanao, Inosuke, took our time to recuperate after our battle with Doma.

Kanao: Inei-san, why didn't you just finished Upper Rank Two quickly?

Inei: Hmmm, let's say he wouldn't allow me to do that so easily.

Inei: After all, it is my second encounter with him, and I got to be more careful because he probably knew about my Shadow Breathing.

Shinobu: So that's why you mostly used the Breath of the Sun.

Inei: Also, while Shinobu and I were out, I presume Doma began talking about Inosuke's mother.

Inosuke who was usually the loud one is still recovering from what happened.

Inosuke: Yes, he told me everything about my mother.

Inei: .........

Inei: *sigh*

Inei: *three whistle blasts*

And after a few seconds, Kage perched on a nearby wooden platform.

Inei: What's the current situation, Kage?

Kage: Upper Rank Three, Akaza was defeated by Tanjiro and Tomioka.

Inei: I see. What about Kokushibo?

Kage: He's currently fighting with the Mist Hashira.

Inei: What about Tamayo-san?

Kage: She only has a few minutes to hold Muzan down.

Inei: Damn it. What about the one who controls the Infinity Castle?

Kage: The Love Hashira and the Snake Hashira are fighting the new Upper Rank Four.

Kage: Also, Zenitsu defeated Upper Rank Six, Kaigaku in a one-on-one duel.

Inei: I see........great job, Zenitsu. You managed to surpass your senior.

Kage: Then, there is this mysterious new Upper Rank Five.

Inei: New Upper Rank Five?

Kage: Yes. We don't have any information about him, but he already defeated a lot of demon slayers.

Kage: The demon has the same white hair as yours, Inei.

Inei: Same white hair? A relative? I mean, the Saito Clan always have pale blondish hair, pale white, or just pure white.

Shinobu: Wait, couldn't that demon be more dangerous than the rest of the Upper Moons? Considering that person could be from the Saito Clan.

Kanao: What's the connection of the Saito Clan to this?

Inei: My clan were blessed with exceptional strength, since my clan are the First Demon Slayers who hunted Muzan during the Heian Period.

Inei: And there is a saying that someday, someone from the Saito Clan, will end this long, long thread of tragedies that were caused by the demons.