Sauvage | Jeon Jungkook

By tjunglebook

"No private conversations in my company, Ms. Carlson," he says coldly, making me gasp silently at the accusat... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Final
Epilogue
Reflection

Sixteen

14.2K 783 692
By tjunglebook

Mikayla

This week has already been hell with an hour-long meeting yesterday after we were freed from the elevator. I was late, which led to Lizzie being a little upset, but it's not exactly like it was my fault.

I mean, Mr. Jeon is kind of my witness that I wasn't late without a valid reason, and what also counts as an excuse is that I'm never late. Anyway, everyone came out of the meeting with headaches and square eyes and no one had the strength to continue working.

I already knew that the next advertisement will be for Moulin because Mr. Jeon told me in the elevator, but after Lizzie announced who the advertisement will be for, there was a stiffness reigning in the room.

I don't know much about the Moulin fashion brand or about Camille Moulin herself. I've seen her around the company a few times because she dated Mr. Jeon, which I didn't look into because my boss's life is none of my business. It was all over Twitter though and almost impossible not to know.

She is a model, had many runways even with famous brands and models, but I hadn't seen her in a long time. So when she walked by my desk the other day, head up looking all confident, I was surprised.

I'm excited to know what exactly she wants us to do for an ad, though. Since you can't find anything about their new spring collection online, which is obvious, thinking it's not out yet, I couldn't have a first impression about the clothes yet.

What I do know is that she is a person of high standards, which is why Lizzie gave us some ideas yesterday on how to proceed with our brainstorming. We are going to have a meeting in an hour, but this time with our CEOs and our client Ms. Moulin.

We had over one hundred clients this year and that shows that as a company we have successfully completed even the most challenging projects, which makes me even happier and prouder to be working for Jeon&Park in the first place.

I'm finishing writing down the last of my concepts. I may not know what the collection looks like, but still, some notes can be helpful. While I'm writing all over my sheet, out of the corner of my eye I see someone coming closer and when I look up I spot Mr. Park.

He smiles at us and also noticing his presence, everyone stops what they are doing to turn to him. "Good morning guys," he says and we greet him back. "I just came to ask which of you from the creative team will be joining us for the meeting with Moulin later today."

Megan and I and a few others raise our hands. Apparently, Kiyara has booked one of the largest rooms for this meeting, where about twenty people can fit.

"Great." Mr. Park smiles. "Get ready for war. You might come out of the meeting wounded."

I giggle under my breath and Megan sighs. "That doesn't help at all, Mr. Park."

He laughs. "I'm just kidding. I know we have the best creative team and you'll come up with excellent ideas."

"We'll do our best," I comment and he gives me a thumbs-up before saying we'll meet in the meeting room in half an hour and then he turns to leave.

"Is it too late to call in sick?" Megan asks, but I know it's rhetorical.

I brush it off and turn back to my notes. I skim over them, crossing some out and writing down new ones. It's hard to work for something without knowing what it is, but maybe that's the excitement of it. It stimulates my creativity.

After a while, Megan nudges me on the shoulder, saying it's time for the meeting. I gather my things and a pen to take notes during it. Just as I'm about to move, the door to the elevator slides open.

I think back to yesterday and how I was locked in there with Mr. Jeon and I'm thankful that the same thing didn't happen to me again today. I was lucky that he was stuck with me because I certainly wouldn't have known what to do if I had been alone.

A blonde, pretty woman gets out of the elevator with two men. It is Camille Moulin, the same woman I saw in Mr. Jeon's office earlier this week. When I got there to give him the finished presentation, I felt her eyes on me.

I have to admit that she can intimidate you with the aura she gives off. When she walks into a room, you can feel her confidence to the core. That's a good thing because I'm sure you need a lot of that as a model to walk the runway so effortlessly casual in front of hundreds or thousands of people.

I admire that because I know that if I ever had the opportunity, I would surely trip over my two feet and make an embarrassment of myself. I'm confident and comfortable in my job, so I certainly don't want to even imagine that.

Camille Moulin walks past us with her companion and her gaze is fixed forward all the time, her head held high. Someone who didn't know her would certainly know at a glance that she is a model. Besides, the things she wears are so fashionable that I could never.

She is wearing a set of slacks and blazer, both kept oversized and the blazer open in the front which exposes her crop top. Her stomach is flat, her blonde hair shining in big beach waves.

She is practically everything I am not.

After she walks past us, Megan and I follow her. She enters the meeting room and when we also step inside, half of the people are already in their seats. Mr. Jeon and Mr. Park are sitting at the head of the meeting table and everyone else is randomly spread out.

Megan and I find empty seats facing the window and I'm a little blinded by the morning sun, which wasn't that bright this morning when I left the house. I clear my throat and place my notepads in front of me.

When I look up and briefly glance around the room, my eyes meet Mr. Jeon. I offer him a smile, which he doesn't mirror, and turns his eyes back to Camille Moulin, who seems to be telling him something.

"So, if everyone is ready, we'll begin." Mr. Park announces after Noah is the last one to walk through the door and close it behind him. "We're honored to have Camille Moulin and her crew with us today and hopefully accomplish some good business. So on behalf of our company, I want to welcome you."

Ms. Moulin smiles. "Thank you, Jimin," she says, not hiding her closeness to him. I mean, she's his best friend's ex, so that's understandable. "I'm hoping to hear some good ideas for my new collection today. My assistant has prepared a short presentation for it."

We all turn to the screen on which the presentation is projected. The assistant, a tall, broad man who might more likely be her bodyguard, takes the presentation remote and points a red laser at the things he mentions.

Images from the collection beam on the screen and I look at them with big eyes. I didn't expect the collection to look like this, because all the images are aesthetically matched. The colors, the designs of the dresses, just everything.

I take some notes while the assistant says something in general about the idea behind the collection, in particular not forgetting to mention that everything was created to match the current trends. There are women's and men's clothes included, which means that the advertising has to show both sides.

The dresses for women are flowing, free, and light. The patterns vary and the colors are not too penetrating that they would make the eyes tired. The men's are casual, yet stylish and gentleman-like. I like this collection.

"I want the advertising for this to be aesthetic. Something that stays in people's minds." Ms. Moulin comments after the assistant is done showing us the clothes. "Also, I want the commercials to be like a movie, so people who watch it at the launch party will be intrigued."

I nod and write down every detail on my notepad and read through it carefully. Only when I relax my face do I realize that I had been drawing my eyebrows together in concentration the whole time, and I almost scold myself for the possible wrinkle I must have given myself.

"Does anyone have any ideas?" Mr. Park asks. I can see the discomfort in mostly everyone's eyes. Some are pretending to be thinking still, just like we used to do in school back in the day when the teacher was looking for someone to answer a question.

Noah finally has the courage. "How about a library?"

"Can you elaborate?" Ms. Moulin's assistant asks, and Noah tenses up.

"Um, it was just an idea I got on the fly. I didn't think about details." he visibly gulps. I kind of feel sorry for him when he then gets Ms. Moulin's eyes rolled at him.

The meeting just started half an hour ago and it looks like she's already done with it. After Noah, April presents her idea, but she's simply dismissed, getting told by Ms. Moulin that her idea doesn't even have anything to do with the collection.

The room fills with brainstorming, discussions, and compromises that can't be found. At one point, I even think to myself that the meeting will end without any idea or project coming to fruition.

"Come on, people. You're the creative team." she sighs after a while when no usable idea is brought to the table. "The least you can say is what you think of when you see the clothes."

I look back at the screen as the assistant fast-forwards through all the dresses for women. I think the focus of the collection is on women's clothing, as it has a larger assortment.

One particular dress catches my eye now on second viewing. I haven't paid much attention to it, but now looking closer, the design, colors, and patterns look familiar. It's belted at the waist, a light shade of lavender, and flowing.

"Please tell me if I'm wrong," I begin with a smile on my lips and all eyes turn to me. "But I feel like the collection was inspired by the '80s. This dress here for example." I point to the screen. "Reminds me of the dresses my mom used to wear. When she and my dad met, they went on dates—"

"Yeah, it's inspired by the '80s." she interrupts me.

I think I've started talking too much again without anyone caring. But I can't help it, because I get the best ideas when I'm thinking out loud and talking to myself. No one has ever told me to shut up by interrupting me.

"But I strongly doubt that," she continues. My smile drops. "The dresses were designed by professionals."

I look back at my notes and my eyebrows draw together. But it's not because I'm angry. She didn't insult my parents, did she?

When I look back up, all eyes are on me and I don't know why, but it causes a big lump to form in my throat. I bite down on my bottom lip and I feel like everyone in the room is judging me, even though I know they're not.

"Camille." a deep voice breaks the silence in the room. It's warning and irritated at the same time, if you pay attention, and yet so calm and quiet to everyone else. Searching the voice I find Mr. Jeon and how he is looking down somewhere on the table in front of him.

"What, I said it couldn't be anything basic, didn't I?" she says, leaning back in her chair and tossing her hair over her shoulder.

Mr. Jeon takes a deep breath. "I think we should take a short break. I'll meet you here in fifteen minutes."

And with that, he gets up and leaves the room, with some of our colleagues following him. Megan turns to me. "Don't let the witch ruin your motivation," she says.

I hate that I'm so transparent.

"I won't." I smile. "I'll be right back."

I get up from my seat and make a beeline for the bathroom. I mean, there's nothing wrong with a client not liking the ideas presented to them, and I usually don't let it get to me, but find new inspiration.

I don't know if it's because she interrupted me before listening completely or because it sounded like she did it on purpose. I hate being so sensitive sometimes.

I stare into the mirror and puff out my cheeks as I try to bite back the forming tears. I don't even know why it affects me the way it does. Maybe it's because I mentioned my parents and someone so carelessly dismissed it.

But it was the only idea I got that I actually thought was good. I remember all the pictures of my parents before they were married and going on dates. They always dressed nicely and the way they smiled at the camera is endearing.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't help not to cry when I picture their happy faces.

Maybe I am about to get my period and that's why I am being so emotional about it.

Making sure my mascara isn't smeared, I take a deep breath and open the door to step out of the bathroom. But before I can walk too far, I run into someone.

"Oh, Mr. Jeon." I clear my throat, putting on a smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

"It's okay," he says. His gaze lingers on me longer than I can describe as comfortable, and because of that, I look away.

Actually, I should walk away before he can see any trace of my emotional breakdown, but I'm not even sure he can tell anyway. No offense, but he doesn't show much emotion himself, that's why.

"Everything good?" he then asks as we are standing awkwardly in the hallway.

I look up at him, not sure if my eyes are glazing over, and laugh. "Yeah, definitely," I wave it off. "I was just looking for Megan."

He raises an eyebrow. "She's in the meeting room."

"Right? I'm forgetful." I lie. No, I'm not. I can remember events that everyone has long forgotten. "Well, then. I'll be heading back."

He nods and extends his arm toward the meeting room, indicating that I should go first. I would have appreciated having the last few seconds before the meeting to myself because having Mr. Jeon walking so close behind me definitely doesn't help.

And I don't know if I'm dreaming, but for a second it feels like he has his hand on my lower back, quietly guiding me. It's so light and then it's too late to check because I step into the meeting room and the feeling is gone.

Megan looks up at me as I sit back in my chair and I smile at her, showing that all is well. After Mr. Jeon is also seated and adjusting his jacket, Mr. Park claps his hands. "Now that everyone is back, we can continue."

Agreement in the form of humming echoes around the room, but still, no one seems to have come up with an idea for the project. Well, I imagine no one wants to say anything after everything has been dismissed.

"I think we should have another look at Ms. Carlson's idea." I hear Mr. Jeon's voice. "She was onto something, in my opinion."

I'm taken aback. "Oh, um."

"Yeah, I think the '80s and dates are something a lot of people like and miss." Mr. Park agrees and I have to restrain myself from smiling.

I look over at Ms. Moulin and she glances first at Mr. Jeon and then over at me. Her eyes are intense, the blue piercing through me, and yet I don't let her intimidate me.

"Okay, go ahead." she finally says.

I clear my throat. "Well, the scenario that popped into my head was a young couple going on a date. The camera would cut in as the two drive through the empty streets, maybe in a convertible so you can see the dress floating on the girl. When the couple arrives at their, let's say picnic date, the guy offers her his jacket like the gentleman he is."

Images and scenes swirl in my head as I present each detail to my idea. This is the part of my work I love. I can visualize what I want and how I want it. And maybe I go into too much detail, but that's how I am.

Perhaps I'm used to doing it because I did it my whole life for my mother. I told her about the colors in the sky, the shape of the clouds, and the flowers whose scent she noticed in the air, and she always listened attentively.

Sometimes I would get sad that she couldn't see the things I did, but I learned over time that she sees things differently. That she had found her own way of perceiving and now she doesn't have a problem with it.

I continue, a smile settling on my lips. "He's unsociable and maybe a little rough around the edges, but she's his soft spot. He wears the perfume she loves so much on him and she bakes him his favorite pastries. Preferably something French."

Maybe I could have left out some details since they are unnecessary for the collection itself but they are a nice bonus. And even though Ms. Moulin beat me off to my idea earlier with her disapproving looks, I see her head cocked to the side, listening.

"The setup is in Paris. Maybe the shots could be in black and white before fading into color. That would enhance the ambiance and yet everyone would have the opportunity to witness the dresses and outfits in their true color. I think outdoor shots are a lot more genuine." I finish, taking a deep breath because I didn't realize I was talking without pausing.

"A savage and a social butterfly who bakes pastries, you say?" she considers, leaning back in her chair and throwing one leg over the other.

I maintain eye contact. "Yes."

She turns to Mr. Jeon. "What do you think of this, Jungkook?" she asks him.

I notice his eyes on me and I wonder if he looked away once. Then he turns to Ms. Moulin. "It's your collection, Camille. Our creative team has presented their ideas." he shrugs. "You decide."

"Hmm." she hums, chewing on her inner cheek.

I imagine it's a tough decision, but no one is asking her to accept any of the ideas presented. Maybe if she gave us a few days, we would come up with better options that she would be happy with.

Advertising for a company is probably one of the most important things. Especially for fashion brands marketing, advertising and launch are very important to be successful. Everything must be coordinated with each other so that it is united and matching in terms of vibe and flair.

"Well then," she says after what feels like an eternity. "Sauvage et Macaroons it is."

___________________

A/N: CEO Jungkook in the meeting😮‍💨😮‍💨
(with dark hair though)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 11.1K 49
Where two idiots doesn't know what relationship they have....! But still doesn't even bother to search for the answer.!! JEON JUNGKOOK The powerful C...
254K 10.3K 33
[B×B] ff (complete) ✅ I hate you ! I hate you! I hate you ! Kim Taehyung! --JJK I'm going to get my revenge on you Jeon Jungkook , you just wait...
564K 26.9K 49
"I am p-pregnant, Taehyung and it is your's", Jungkook spoke with a crack in his voice, while trying to supress his sobs. "W-What?" ✧ Jungkook is a c...
31K 1.8K 18
IDGAF [Taekook AU] Top Tae Bottom Kook (Billionaire...