Once the Sky Reaches the Flam...

By Ry2_SinHeart

Wendy Marvell likes Natsu Dragneel and is more than determined to make him fall for her. Unfortunately, Natsu... More

Is this story for you? Read this first!
Chapter 1: A Year Later
Chapter 2: Arrival of a New Day!
Chapter 3: Team Natsu Goes on a Job!
Chapter 4: Entering Nightglades!
Chapter 5: Enemy Encounter!
Chapter 6: Battle of Nightglades!
Chapter 7: Isolation...
Chapter 8: Mission Complete!
Chapter 9: My Feelings...
Chapter 10: Conflicted.
Chapter 11: Let's Go Shopping!
Chapter 12: Spending Time with You, Part 1
Chapter 13: Spending Time with You, Part 2
Chapter 14: The Queen's Game!
Chapter 15: Our Fairy Night, Part 1
Chapter 16: Our Fairy Night, Part 2
Chapter 17: And so, it begins.
Chapter 18: Figuring Feelings
Chapter 19: Natsu's Confession Adventure!
Chapter 20: Let's act it out!
Chapter 21: Hear me out.
Chapter 22: Separation
Chapter 23: What I Truly Feel
Chapter 24: Our Feelings, Part 1
Chapter 25: Our Feelings, Part 2
Chapter 26: Moving on
Chapter 27: Girls' Time!
Chapter 28: Welcome, my Mistress!
Chapter 29: Let's Go Shopping again!
Chapter 30: Inviting You
Chapter 31: Setting Sail!
Chapter 32: Battle at Sea!
Chapter 33: Reaching the Resort!
Chapter 34: Lunch Time!
Chapter 35: Natsu vs. Wendy!
Chapter 36: Making Amends
Chapter 37: The Beach Episode!
Chapter 38: Happy Accident?
Chapter 39: Make me yours.
Chapter 39.5-GRUVIA: Enough waiting.
Chapter 40: Spin the Bottle!
Chapter 41: A sick day.
Chapter 42: To the Library!
Chapter 43: Our Little Ritual
Chapter 44: Heart to Heart, Mark to Mark
Chapter 45: Power of the Mark
Chapter 47: Aftermath and a massage.
Chapter 48: Insecurity
Chapter 49: Fireworks Festival
Chapter 49.5-JERZA: To Love freely
Chapter 50: Final
Parting message from the author!

Chapter 46: Sky and Fire

556 26 22
By Ry2_SinHeart

"SKY FIRE DRAGON MODE."

Natsu's body emitted both flames and high pressure winds. Fusing with the winds, his flames appeared a blue hue. He stared at his hand, noticing the light blue marks stretching over his entire arm. The mark... is this... Wendy's power flowing through me?

A tentacle soared above and honed on him, intending to smash him to the ground.

Looking at the tentacle, Natsu clenched his fists, imbuing it with sky and fire magic. Let's test this out!

"FLAME LOTUS: SKY FIRE DRAGON FIST!" Natsu unleashed a flurry of strikes, his fire magic burning the tentacle while his sky magic slicing and dicing it with razor sharp winds. He turned around and launched elemental projectiles above Erza and Wendy, taking out another tentacle.

Erza and Wendy watch this unexpected development from a distance. Erza had a smile on her face, while Wendy was left slack-jawed.

"He exhausted his own magic so he could take in the winds." Erza crossed her arms. "Natsu's one of a kind."

"He... ate the winds?!" Wendy's eyes widened. Natsu had eaten quite a few elements. With the exception of Laxus's lightning, he couldn't maintain the other elements for long periods as they were incompatible with his body. But it couldn't be mistaken. The magic fusing with his flames now was... sky dragon magic. The very same magic Wendy uses yet he didn't consume her sky magic. But his mark... she finally noticed it was glowing and spreading across his body. This made her look at her own mark. It's... glowing too?

Natsu had faced a similar situation in Tenrou Island when he fought Zancrow, the Flame God Slayer. Natsu was put at a disadvantage because Zancrow could consume his dragon flames and Natsu couldn't eat his. In a critical moment, he found out he could consume his god flames only if he exhausted his own flames first. Did he exhaust his own magic as a countermeasure?

"I believe it must have something to do with your mark, Wendy." Erza motioned to her neck. "Natsu could only absorb the winds because of you."

"Because of... me?" Wendy rubbed over her neck, feeling a familiar warmth. Did the mark allow Natsu to access her sky dragon magic?

"Erza! Wendy!" Natsu rushed to them. "I'm glad you're both alright!"

"Natsu!" Wendy ran and hugged him, glad to feel his warmth. "You made me so worried...!"

"I don't go down that easily!" Natsu grinned, showing off his mark. "Look, I'm a Sky Fire Dragon now!"

Wendy traced the mark on his hands up to his eyes. Sky Fire Dragon... she'd never thought becoming mates would lead to this.

"We've got a battle to finish, you two." Erza walked towards the ocean. "You can be all lovey-dovey you want after we finish our business here."

"We are not being lovey-dovey!" Wendy pouted and struck her fists down, a blush creeping across her cheeks.

"But of course." Erza flashed a smirk before turning around and rushing towards the kraken.

"You alright, Wendy?" Natsu looked at the bruises and injuries on her skin, concerned.

"I'll be fine." Placing her palms on herself, she poured healing magic to heal her wounds. I'll just heal myself real quick...

I wonder if I can use healing magic. Natsu stared at his palms. He only knew how to use offensive magic, so he had doubts.

"Let's rejoin the fight, Natsu." Wendy said after healing herself. "Let's... stick together, okay?"

"Hell yeah, Wendy." Natsu grinned, turning to the kraken.

If he can absorb their winds, we should stand a chance against the kraken. Wendy thought as she readied herself to–

"Wait, Wendy." Natsu held her arm.

"What is it, Natsu?"

"Can you try eating my fire?" Natsu snapped his fingers, generating a small orb of flame.

"You want me to eat your... fire?" Wendy blinked at the rather ridiculous request.

"Yeah!" He nodded with a smile. "You might be able to use fire magic too!"

Because of the mark... Wendy looked at her own. While Natsu's mark was blue, her mark was a bright orange. It did not grow like Natsu's did, but maybe after consuming the fire...

"Okay." Wendy held his wrist, a little nervous. "I'll give it a shot!"

She opened her mouth and began inhaling the small flames. To her surprise, her body didn't reject the flames. It accepted them and a comfortable warmth spread in her chest, one that reminded her of Natsu. Her mark glowed an intense orange...

... but that was it. It dimmed to its previous state.

"Well?" Natsu put his hands on his hips. "Did'cha feel anything different?"

"I do feel... something?" Staring at her hands, Wendy flexed her fingers. I don't feel like anything's changed...

"Try using it!" Natsu said excitedly, his eyes sparkling with joy. "I wanna see you use fire magic!"

"E-Eh..." Wendy scratched her cheek awkwardly. I guess I'll give it a try... she just couldn't say no to him. She cleared her throat and imagined channeling flames to her hand... focus, Wendy. She took a deep breath...

"Sky Fire Dragon Fist!" Wendy cried out, jabbing her fist forward...

"..."

"..."

"Hmmm..."

"Uhm..."

The two stayed in deafening silence.

"That... didn't work, huh?" Natsu cocked his head at a curious angle.

"Huaahh..." Wendy's face heated, flushing with embarrassment. There was no sky magic, which was fine, but fire didn't appear either on her fist. Why didn't it work?! I look like an idiot!

"Weird." Natsu scratched his head, visibly confused. "Maybe it wasn't eno–"

"Natsu! Wendy! A little help here?!"

They both turned to the voice and saw Erza, Gray, and Juvia battling with the kraken and sirens.

"Let's figure this out later!" Natsu began running to join them. "Let's go, Wendy!"

"Right!" Wendy ran along with him. No time to waste! Let's win this!

"ICE MAKE: LANCE!" Gray spread his arms apart, unleashing ice lances in front of him. Each lance targeted a siren, effectively clearing the way.

"WATER SLICER!" Juvia launched several water discs, slicing other sirens near Gray.

"Juvia!" Gray generated an ice shield as he moved to her. "You okay? You got slammed back pretty hard."

"Do not worry, my love." Juvia winked. "It was only a scratch."

"That was not just a scratch..." Gray sighed, then spun around and tossed the ice shield at an unsuspecting siren.

"We've driven back most of them!" With her two wind blades, Erza slashed through the battlefield, pushing away more of the sirens. "Keep up the fight!"

"Graaagh!" More sirens appeared, attacking from Erza's blind spot.

"JIU LEIXING!" Nine lightning swords struck the sirens, protecting Erza.

"Jellal!" Erza turned to him. "How are the civilians?"

"They're all out of harm's way." He replied, walking to her side. "We don't have to worry about holding back."

"That's music to my ears." She said. I hope we can keep collateral damages to a minimum...

"RAAAAAAARGH!" The kraken growled, its growl shaking the earth to its core. Two giant tentacles rose into the air. Dark energy coursed through its flesh, amplifying its strength.

"It's gonna be tough taking down those tentacles!" Gray raised his magic levels. Black marks faded in, crawling from his arm up to the right side of his face, entering Demon Slayer Mode. As if the other tentacles weren't already hard enough!

"I can't paralyze it." Juvia swiped her hand up, raising the ocean's tides. "I'll do my best to disrupt its attacks!"

"Lemme in on the fun!"

Gray and Juvia turned around and saw Natsu, who was surrounded by faint blue flames.

"Natsu?" Gray blinked twice, taking in this new look of him. His magic level... it's different. "The hell happened to you?"

Those blue marks... Juvia recalled seeing them when he was sick in bed.

"Just watch me!" Natsu walked past them, focusing his eyes on the two giant tentacles. Let's see what else I can do! He took a deep breath, gathering flames and wind around his mouth.

"SKY FIRE DRAGON ROAR!" Natsu roared a gigantic blazing tornado out of his mouth and pushed back the two giant tentacles, even burning off their flesh. That is awesome!

Sky Fire?! Gray and Juvia's jaws comically dropped to the floor. Jellal stroked his chin in awe. Because he had already read about this very thing in the library, he wasn't as surprised as Gray and Juvia. Still, he found this very fascinating.

All of them turned to look at... Wendy.

"Don't look at me." She covered her face, getting self-conscious. "I didn't expect this either."

"We'll get into this matter later." Erza interjected. "Right now, we've got a kraken on our hands."

More tentacles rose out of the ocean, all focused on Natsu due to the unexpected development. The kraken let out another earth-shaking roar, then swung one of its tentacles on Natsu.

SLAM!

Unleashing winds underneath his feet, Natsu boosted himself up into the sky and dodged the attack. "Woah!" He had a full view of the kraken and the oceans. This is very high up!

"It's focused on Natsu!" Erza requipped into her Heaven's Wheel armor and dashed forward. "Rush in while it's distracted!"

"WATER WAVE!" Using water from the oceans, Juvia released a piercing wave and struck one of the tentacles.

"ICE MAKE: ICE CANNON!" Gray molded ice into an ice cannon and shot out cannonballs in rapid succession.

"METEOR!" Imbuing his body with Heavenly Body magic, Jellal spiraled around multiple tentacles, dealing a flurry of blows.

Executing Blumenblatt, Erza summoned a mass number of swords which circle around her. She launched each of them at the tentacles blocking her way.

"SKY DRAGON ROAR!" Wendy roared out a powerful hurricane which directly damaged the kraken's head.

All the tentacles sunk into the ocean to regenerate, giving the wizards an opportunity to strike the main body.

"Take your shot, Natsu!"

"SKY FIRE DRAGON: SWORD HORN!" Igniting his body in searing flames and sharp winds, Natsu launched himself towards the kraken at incredible speed, drilling into the flesh.

"GRAAAAGH!" The kraken stumbled backwards, creating tremendous splashes of water on impact.

Incredible... Wendy watched in awe. It was a dazzling sight to see Natsu utilize sky magic. It almost felt flattering.

"Everyone, get back!" Erza shouted.

In an attempt to stabilize itself, dozens of tentacles shot out through the surface and crashed into the beaches, separating the wizards from each other.

"Woah, there!" Natsu latched on to the kraken's flesh as it lay unconscious.

"Mnggh...!" Wendy rubbed her head as she got back to her feet. I'm surrounded by them...

"Guh!" One of the tentacles struck Juvia's shoulder as it slammed through the ground.

"Juvia!" Gray sprinted to her side and conjured an ice wall to protect them.

"I'm okay..." Clutching her shoulder, Juvia regained her balance.

"Just when things couldn't get worse..." Gray looked around him. These tentacles can crush us at any moment...! I have to keep Juvia safe.

On the other side, Jellal and Erza were trapped together.

"It's trapped us here..." Jellal said.

"It's quite a persistent one." Erza replied. "It's become more intelligent with its tentacles."

"One thing hasn't changed between our previous encounter and this." Jellal shifted into his casting stance, pointing both his hands down with only the index and middle fingers extended. "It's vulnerable when it's regenerating."

Erza observed his casting stance, then her eyes widened in realization. "Jellal, that spell...!"

"Once they regenerate, they'll inevitably crush us before we can react." He began channeling the spell. "It's become far stronger."

"But we're near the resort." Erza huffed. "You'll be destroying the kraken along with the beach."

"Unless we can push the kraken far enough into the ocean..."

"...!" Erza nodded, then faced the sky. "Natsu!" She shouted his name, knowing he'd pick it up with his dragon hearing. He was the only one not trapped within the tentacles.

"Erza?" Natsu climbed to the kraken's head.

"I need you to bring the kraken to the ocean!" Erza shouted. "Use whatever means necessary!" I'm going to regret saying that.

"All right!" Using the kraken as support, Natsu boosted himself up into the sky. He turned around and conjured flames in his fists.

What is he doing? Erza stared at him hovering in the sky. From where he is now, he can't exactly bring the kraken away.

Natsu... Wendy's eyes followed him. Is he planning to finish the kraken by himself?

"FIRE DRAGON BRILLIANT FLAME!" Natsu slammed his fists together, unleashing a huge orb of flames and launching it... pass the kraken?

"Huh?!" Erza's mouth went agape. He's not targeting the kraken?! He's going to damage the resort! She quickly regretted asking him.

His brilliant flames avoided the kraken altogether, instead homing on...

"Ah?" Wendy blinked, noticing the orb of flames was approaching her. Is it coming to me?! She instinctively dodged out of the way, and his flames blew the place up. His fires crawled along the tentacle flesh, slowly incinerating them into ashes.

"Uhm..." Jellal paused his magic casting because even he was confused about what Natsu just did. "Is that... part of the plan?"

"I tell him to bring the kraken away, but he ends up attacking the beach instead... and now we're surrounded by fires." Erza tried to comprehend his thought process. What is going through his mind?!

"Natsu must be planning something..." Gray stepped away from the tentacles that caught fire. "What he is planning, I have no idea."

"Oww..." Wendy coughed a few times and looked around. Fires quickly spread around her. Tentacles were no longer trapping her. Instead, walls of fire circled around her, even scorching some of the trees and buildings.

"Fire it up, Wendy."

Almost instantly, her mark glowed a bright orange, radiating a strange heat. Warm and raging feelings poured through her chest. She placed a hand on her beating heart, trying to process these new feelings... and immediately understood.

"These fires are spreading fast." Juvia raised her palm to it.

"Don't, Juvia." Gray grabbed her hand and gently put it down. "Save your energy."

"Gray..."

"You've been injured a lot during the fight." He squeezed her hand. "Don't force yourself."

A playful smirk formed on her lips. "Are you worried about me?"

"Of course I am!" Gray fumed, faintly blushing. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Mhmm..." Juvia rested her head on his chest. "That... makes me really happy, darling."

"We're in the middle of a fire, you know?" Gray stroked the back of her blue hair. "I'm surprised you're talking about this."

"As long as I'm with you... I have nothing to worry about." She whispered. "After all, you can freeze the flames if they get too dangerous."

"... That is true."

"That idiot..." Erza groaned, facepalming herself. "What was he thinking?" Now the tentacles trapping them were burning with violent flames. Was this better or worse?

"Natsu has an... interesting thought process, huh?" Jellal said.

"You're too nice about it, Jellal." Erza sighed, looking at the sea of flames Natsu created. "What was the plan? Burn the tentacles? Their regeneration will counter it."

"Hmmm, if it makes you feel better, the fires are disappearing."

"Huh?"

Erza scanned the fires. Indeed, they were disappearing but that wasn't the right word. It was as if they were being sucked by a vacuum... Is Natsu sucking his flames back in? Wait, he can't eat his own fire, so that must mean–

"Heh, testing it out at a time like this..." Erza chuckled, shaking her head after her realization. "You're a wild one, Natsu."

"The flames.... They're being drawn away." Juvia mentioned, following the trajectory of the flames.

"What's going on?" Gray asked.

"Haaaaahn!" All the flames flew into a certain dragon slayer's lungs as she sucked it all into her lungs. Her mark glowed intensely, spreading from her right eye to her arm. Orange markings forming flame patterns faded in on her skin. Her magic levels soared to new heights. New powers she never reached before. Winds spiraled around her body, burning with the color of Natsu's flames.

"SKY FIRE DRAGON MODE!"

Blazing winds exploded out of her body, wiping away every tentacle in an instant, freeing the other wizards.

"Woah, all the tentacles burnt away!" Gray exclaimed.

"Gray! Juvia!" Erza and Jellal rushed to them.

"Glad you guys are still kickin'." Gray said. "Did you all see that? I don't know what Natsu did, but he managed to destroy the tentacles!"

"I doubt that was Natsu who finished the job." Erza replied, motioning to someone behind them.

They all turned around and saw a girl approaching them. Like Natsu, her body emitted both fire and winds, except her winds were fiery and orange now. Her hair and dress fluttered in the air due to the intense pressure of the winds. Her eyes glowed a faint orange...

"Woah..." Wendy stared at her hands and her marks. So much power is flowing through me! Is this... Natsu's?

"Hahaha, that's my girl!" Natsu cheered, overjoyed to see Wendy using two elements.

"W-Wendy?" Gray nearly flinched away. Is that her?! Everyone sensed a menacing aura from her.

"Natsu's flames..." Juvia gasped at Wendy's new form.

"Impressive." Jellal nodded in approval. So this is the power of dragon mates...

"With two mighty dragon slayers on our side, I'd say this battle will reach its conclusion." Erza smiled. "Wendy, can I leave you to push the kraken away?"

"I'll do my best!" Wendy slammed her fists together.

"Jellal, this is your chance now." Erza patted his shoulder. "Make it count."

"Leave it to me." Jellal returned to this casting stance.

"Gray, I'll need you to erect a defensive barrier." Erza said. "Contain the damage as best as you can."

"Er... of course." Gray moved to the shore. Erza's really calm seeing Wendy like this! He still couldn't get over the fact both Natsu and Wendy are using each other's powers!

"I'll help with raising the waves." Juvia followed him.

I can't let Natsu down! Igniting her legs with fiery winds, Wendy launched herself into the air in front of the kraken. Focusing on her magic, power surged through her hands in a way she had never felt before.

"Show me what you got, Wendy!" Natsu boosted himself off the kraken.

"SKY FIRE DRAGON WING ATTACK!" Wendy swiped her hands forward, unleashing wing blades infused with raging flames onto the kraken.

"GRAAAAGH!" The kraken was shoved back by her powerful attack. Burn marks appeared across its flesh.

"W-Wow..." Wendy was surprised by herself. She isn't normally the type to go offensive. Having Natsu's powers surging inside her made her feel.... liberated.

"That is super awesome!" Natsu jumped to her side.

"Natsu..." Wendy smiled, raising an eyebrow. "You could have warned me in advance, you know? I thought you were trying to burn me."

"Haha, guess I got too excited!" Natsu grinned. "Let's rock, Wendy! Time to show this big cracker what we can do!"

"Yeah!" Wendy returned the grin. Fighting alongside Natsu with these new powers... she was excited to try them out!

"We're fired up now!" Natsu and Wendy cried out as they rushed towards the kraken.

"Gruuuugh!" The kraken roared, raising two tentacles from the ocean. Its regeneration was catching up now.

"SKY FIRE DRAGON: TALON!" Natsu somersaulted forward, swinging his leg down and crushing the first tentacle with razor sharp flames.

"SKY FIRE DRAGON: CLAW!" Wendy swung her arms downward, unleashing fiery wind claws on impact, slicing the second tentacle into pieces. Wow, we're taking them out so easily...!

"Graaagh!" Claws struck through the surface, almost hitting Wendy.

"Woah!" Wendy dodged, landing near the shore.

"It seems they're coming out to play again!" Natsu slammed his fists together. "Let's take them out, Wendy!"

"Yeah!" Wendy grinned.

They both charged in together to the groups of sirens with energetic smiles on their faces. They felt unstoppable.

"SKY FIRE DRAGON: FLAME ELBOW!" Boosting his elbow, he connected his fist with a siren's face and slammed her back with tremendous force. The siren crashed and knocked out other sirens as it was blown away.

"SKY FIRE DRAGON: IRON FIST!" Wendy ignited her fist in flaming winds and jabbed forward, knocking out consecutive sirens into the horizons. W-Wow...! She never thought she'd be able to use Natsu's signature move, and it felt amazing!

"I can't be the only one still wrapping my head around their powers." Gray ruffled his hair. "Am I?"

"Don't get distracted, darling." Juvia poked his cheek.

"R-Right..." Gray nodded, readying his ice magic. "Ready, Juvia?"

"Ready!" Juvia took a deep breath, then swung her hands forward, raising the water tides as high as she could.

"ICE MAKE: RAMPART!" Gray slammed his palms down, freezing the water up to its peak and creating a tall ice structure.

True Heavenly Body Magic... Jellal chanted, channeling magic into his hands. He slowly moved his right hand up and winds burst away from him...

"Natsu. Wendy." Erza whispered, hoping they'd hear her. "Better make this quick."

The skies above faded to darkness as clouds began circling on the ocean. Thunderous sounds roared throughout the skies, signaling the start of a massive event...

"Huh..." Natsu stared at the dark sky, oblivious.

"This is...!" Wendy had an inkling of what this could be. She sensed a lot of magic condensing in the clouds.

"Let's get back, Juvia." Gray grabbed her hand and walked away from the ice wall. Juvia obliged happily and wrapped her arms around his.

The skies swirled around and a glowing orb formed, which gradually increased in size, revealing a gigantic meteor.

"SEMA!"

The meteor crashed through the clouds, falling on the oceans. As it is now, the meteor would land straight in the water. The kraken wouldn't suffer a lot of damage...

"I see now!" Natsu placed his fist on his palm in realization. So that's what Erza meant! "Wendy! You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"N-No?" Wendy shook her head. "What are you thinking?"

"Let's do a unison raid!" Natsu winked. "Let's bring these powers to the max!"

A unison raid... now this was Wendy's chance to show off! She didn't have the chance last time with an unconscious Natsu, but now she does!

Natsu and Wendy slammed down to the sea, their winds splitting the waters away from their landing. They both raised their magical energy levels. Their marks glowed intensely as a result of all the magic gathering inside them. Bright blue flames ignited around Natsu while fiery golden winds swirled around Wendy.

Dragon Slayer Secret Art...

The meteor grew larger with every passing second as it approached the sea.

Let's end this now!

"FLAME LOTUS: EXPLODING SKY BLADE!" Natsu swiped his arms around in a circular fashion, creating a destructive tornado of lacerating blue flames which barraged towards the kraken.

"SHATTERING LIGHT: FIRE DRILL!" Wendy condensed magic energy between her palms and unleashed it towards the kraken, delivering a volcanic sky beam of massive proportions.

Tearing through the oceans, both their attacks converged into a single ultimate force of sky and fire as it wiped everything in its path.

A true testament to their bond.

"GRAAAAAAAGH!"

The kraken let out a screeching roar as their attack penetrated its thick flesh, forcing it away farther into the oceans and away from the shore.

"Woohoo!" Natsu clenched his fists in excitement. "That was... amazing...!" Exhaustion pooling through his body, Natsu fell to the side...

"Natsu!" Wendy caught him, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"I'm fine..." Natsu groaned. "That attack really took a lot out of me."

"You keep pushing yourself, Natsu..." Wendy sighed.

"But you gotta admit..." he forced a grin. "Our unison raid was awesome!"

"Mhmm..." her lips curled into a weak smile. Knowing their combined power exceeded expectations was indeed awesome... huh?

A great shadow loomed over the dragon slayers, prompting them to look forward. The approaching meteor was mere inches away from making contact with the kraken's body...

"Uh..." Natsu blinked. "That is awfully clos–"

CRASH!

The meteor crashed directly into its body, generating a massive shockwave and blasting the sea apart. The resort quaked under the serious impact, large ripples ripping through the oceans. Destructive tides were blasted towards the shore, only to be stopped by the ice rampart which began cracking under the pressure.

"Gnngggh...!" Gray pressed his palms toward the ice structure to infuse his ice magic, holding it up for as long as he could.

Erza stabbed her sword onto the ground to stabilize herself. "Hold on to me, Jellal!" He obliged, keeping a tight hold on her hand.

Eventually, the sky returned to its normal state, and the tides died down. Gray stepped away from the rampart, letting it melt into the ground. The kraken and sirens were nowhere to be seen as the ocean's waves receded.

"Mnggh..." Gray dropped to his knees, fatigue spreading through his body.

"Gray!" Juvia ran to him and wrapped her arms around his chest from behind.

"That was a close call..." he sighed, cradling her hand.

"They're not coming back anytime soon..." Erza requipped into her default clothes. "Thanks to you, Jellal."

"Couldn't have done it without everyone's cooperation." He smiled.

Erza and Jellal walked to Gray and Juvia. It seems everyone had exhausted a lot of their energy...

"Wait." Erza looked around the beach. "Where's Natsu and Wendy?"

"Did they get caught in the meteor strike?" Juvia asked.

"I didn't see them come back..." Gray got back on his feet, leaning on Juvia as support. I hope they're okay...

Erza rushed to the shore to look for them. "Natsu! Wendy!" In the distance, she saw what appeared to be a blue dome protecting two individuals...

"Mnngh..." Natsu slowly opened his eyes. "You alright, Wendy?"

"Y-Yeah..." Wendy nodded timidly. "We somehow made it..."

During the meteor explosion, Natsu pulled Wendy into his embrace to protect her. Under normal circumstances, the force caused by the shockwave would have blown them away. The waters could have drowned them and swept them away, too. Fortunately, a barrier made of fire and sky surrounded them, keeping them out of harm's way.

"Nice thinking, Wendy." Natsu grinned. "This barrier kept us safe."

"Huh?" Wendy raised her brows. "I didn't cast it, Natsu."

"What?" Now it was his turn to raise his brows. "You didn't do this?"

"No, I thought you did?" she replied. But I guess Natsu wouldn't know how to use defensive spells...

"Natsu! Wendy!"

The dragon slayers turned to the voice and saw the others approaching them.

"Hey, you guys!" Natsu and Wendy joined up with them, moving away from the sea.

"I'm glad you two are safe." Erza sighed in relief. "I thought you might have been caught in the attack."

"Psssh, that was nothing!" Natsu weakly gave her a thumbs up. "We sure... showed... that cracker, huh...?"

His legs growing weak, he dropped to his knees and fell forward, but not before Wendy pulled him into her embrace, nuzzling his head into her chest.

"Take it easy, Natsu..." Wendy whispered, stroking the back of his hair. Soon, their marks faded away, starting from their hands, which moved up to their faces, reverting them back to their usual appearances. A few tears of relief escaped her eyes.

"It's finally over." Gray sighed.

"It truly is." Juvia smiled warmly.

Erza stared into the horizons, enjoying this moment of peacefulness. Though as she looked around the beach, there was...

... a lot of destruction.

Fortunately for them, most of them were caused by the kraken. But still, the resort suffered a lot of damage...

Her gaze then shifted to the dragon slayers. Without a doubt, they were the highlight of today's battle. Being able to use each other's elements... they both shared such a powerful bond. Erza and the others had so many questions they wanted to ask Natsu and Wendy, but right now...

Let's enjoy this moment of peace and victory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 14.3K 50
Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel are best friends since they are young. They are always together. They do everything together. They don't keep secr...
246K 7.1K 30
Natsu is currently ignoring Lucy and he is always with Lisanna. Lucy is jealous of the two and ask a favor from Gray. As they do THE PLAN Juvia start...
52.9K 1.5K 42
Natsu Dragneel has officially announced that Lisanna and him were finally together. Feeling rejected and heartbroken, Lucy Heartfilia runs away from...
122K 3.2K 62
Juvia has been wandering around for five years without a home. When the police catch her, they force her to move in with her mother, since her father...